Alaska Book Group discussion

General Discussion > Still active?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon | 5 comments Hey all, is your group still active? I'd rather not jump into a book that you all are halfway through with or even complete but was wondering what the status was. The discussion thread does not appear terribly active.

In any case, I will check back and if people would be interested in choosing a book for February.

I am probably going to start The Amazing Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon or 2666 by Roberto Bolano soon but often read more than one book at a time if neither interest you.

Stay warm!

message 2: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 13 comments Mod
hi Jon. no, this has never been a terribly active group...we're still working on getting off the ground so to speak.

I've been interested in reading Kavalier and Clay for quite some time and will gladly start it now if you want to talk about it. :)

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon | 5 comments I posted some ramblings on the first two sections of the book, hopefully not ruining anything for you. I have not been involved in any serious book discussions before but am interested!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Polson (shannonhuffmanpolson) | 6 comments You guys still on here? Lots of good writing going on up north....

message 5: by Marcy (new)

Marcy Peska | 1 comments I was thinking this was, perhaps, a seasonal group but some of the older posts make me suspect it's just not very active.
Anyway...Happy June!