Add a Genre > Likes and Comments

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca There's too many Genres for me to remember all in one go, so if you think of any other's that should be added, please post suggestions here.


message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul How 'bout mystery?


message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Thank's, I'll add that now :)


message 4: by Cora (last edited Jun 09, 2013 04:31AM) (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Can we have a New Adult and an Erotica genre please?

Oh, and a Crime


message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Done :)


message 6: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Thank you :)

I read a lot of Crime, and New Adult's becoming more and more popular.

And I know Erotica is very popular even if it's not my cup of tea!


message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Looks like we've got a lot of novel readers here, but I also read and review non-fiction: travel, history, science, biography, poetry, etc. You might consider making non-fiction a separate category from "Genres."


message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel John More under non-fiction: political, research, self-help

Also, Christian romance


message 9: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull A contemporary romance or just a romance one? maybe paranormal
?


message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Coull wrote: "A contemporary romance or just a romance one? maybe paranormal
?"


Romance and Paranormal are already in the genres folder :)


message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Rachel wrote: "More under non-fiction: political, research, self-help

Also, Christian romance"


Added your suggestions :)


message 12: by David (new)

David Brian Can we add horror, please? :)


message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Horror is already on here, It's just not visible on the homepage :)


message 14: by David (new)

David Brian Rebecca wrote: "Horror is already on here, It's just not visible on the homepage :)"

That'll teach me not to look properly then :)


message 15: by Dale (new)

Dale Rego Thriller,maybe?


message 16: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull Rebecca wrote: "Coull wrote: "A contemporary romance or just a romance one? maybe paranormal
?"

Romance and Paranormal are already in the genres folder :)"


Sorry i didn't even see them...LOL


message 17: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Do we have a children's section?

Also, could short story collections be changed to short stories? I've read a few novellas/short stories and think they'd belong in there.


message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I'll make a children's section :)


message 19: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Rebecca wrote: "I'll make a children's section :)"

Awesome :) I'm helping in the kid's section of the library this summer so I've read quite a few haha.


message 20: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] How about books that are just plain realistic fiction?


message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Raevyn wrote: "How about books that are just plain realistic fiction?"

The General Fiction folder is for that too :)


message 22: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] Ohh okay...
:)


message 23: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember Please add Sci-Fi/Speculative Fi


message 24: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hi Sally, we already have a Sci-Fi folder. You'll find it here http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

:)


message 25: by Raphael (new)

Raphael Harlan How about financial mystery? I see that a few ebooks under that category are being written. My Water Rate Challenge e-book is one of them. I would like that subgenre of mystery to be included.


message 26: by Sally (new)

Sally Ember Rebecca wrote: "Hi Sally, we already have a Sci-Fi folder. You'll find it here http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

:)"


Thanks! Found it!


message 27: by CeCe (new)

CeCe Osgood Romantic comedy/lighthearted women's fiction. Seems to be a lot of romance options but not many in the comedic or lighthearted vein. Could this be a category to itself?


CeCe Osgood
THE DIVORCED NOT DEAD WORKSHOP, romantic comedy/lighthearted women's fiction/chick lit


message 28: by ElleLinn (new)

ElleLinn I agree, FROM FINLAND WITH LOVE is also a romantic comedy...although it's much more, as it involves grief, longing and lust--all Finnish-style :)


message 29: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen Can we have a post about Self publishing venues (Ie: Amazon/Kindle vs Smashwords vs AllRomance vs etc?

I'm new to self publishing and can't find a message thread about this topic anywhere. If someone knows of a thread/discussion about this topic, would you please send me the link? I would love to hear what other venues other self published authors use and their opinions on the venues.
Thank you,
~Tia


message 30: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Hollman Tia wrote: "Can we have a post about Self publishing venues (Ie: Amazon/Kindle vs Smashwords vs AllRomance vs etc?

I'm new to self publishing and can't find a message thread about this topic anywhere. If som..."

Hi, Tia--I can't point you in any direction because I am new to Goodreads and am still learning the ropes, but I agree that such a thread would be good. It seems there are a lot of people newly published and could be helped by this kind of sharing. I just published a novel and learned last week at the BookExpo America in NYC that I did it "b-ass -ackwards" because I didn't spend a year plowing the ground first so the world was ready for the book. So I am working retroactively trying to find audience. I'm not crazy about this kind of self-publishing work because it takes me away from writing. Plus, I'm not sure about how to proceed, kind of on my knees feeling along the floor in the dark. So I vote with you. BUT if they do not start such a thread, friend me and we can share. Jeffrey L. Hollman The novel is UNSETTLE THE SCORE.


message 31: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen Jeffrey wrote: "I just published a novel and learned last week at the BookExpo America in NYC that I did it "b-ass -ackwards"

Jeffrey, I pretty much did the same thing and am now spending most of my time trying to promote without overposting and being annoying. There's a woman who posts on numerous FB and Google+ groups about the same thing, 2-3 times a day. It's seriously stinky when an author toots that much. :)
I sent you a Friend request.
~Tia


message 32: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen Jeffrey wrote: "I am new to Goodreads and am still learning the ropes, but I agree that such a thread would be good.
Tia wrote: "I'm new to self publishing and can't find a message thread about this topic anyw..."


I found this group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
but have not joined yet.


message 33: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen Tia wrote: "Jeffrey wrote: "I am new to Goodreads and am still learning the ropes, but I agree that such a thread would be good."

Just found this Group too but didn't' see the thread on one self publishing venue vs another: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...


message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Has anyone suggested audiobooks yet?


message 35: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Natalie wrote: "Has anyone suggested audiobooks yet?"

I've been putting audiobooks in with the other genres, but why not :) I'll get one set up now.


message 36: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander Hello,

I'm new to this group. Do you have a genre on memoirs? I would also suggest a multicultural genre.

Thank you.


message 37: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Holme Memoir
LGBT

Thanks :-)


message 38: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Hi: I'm new also and would like to second the request for a memoir
area...thanks


message 39: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Memoir's up in the non-fiction section :)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 40: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander Hi,
I just reviewed a captivating novel, 'Til the Water Runs Dry, by Lauren Francis-Sharma. It's a multicultural romance and family saga that takes place in Trinidad in the 1950s and 60s.
If members have read the book, I would love to discuss their insight concerning this terrific novel.


message 41: by Ros (new)

Ros Rebecca wrote: "I'll make a children's section :)"

Ummm...I can't find it! Where is it, please?

Ros


message 42: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Ros wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "I'll make a children's section :)"

Ummm...I can't find it! Where is it, please?

Ros"


Hi Ros,

Children's books are here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 43: by Chris (new)

Chris Buscher Is there a Christian one?


message 44: by hIpnoticraQs (new)

hIpnoticraQs zombie apocalypse ?


message 45: by Jonra (new)

Jonra Springs Can we have a Middle Grade Readers genre, or add that to the new Children's listing?


message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Noel Erotica. Like for books similar to Fifty Shades of Grey.


message 47: by Kalynn (new)

Kalynn Campbell Poetry(?) Probably not much call, but that's where I fall...


message 48: by Elizabeth (last edited May 05, 2015 06:16AM) (new)

Elizabeth Poetry.. :) I have written a debut poetry ebook. ^_^


message 49: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Elizabeth wrote: "Poetry.. :) I have written a debut poetry ebook. ^_^"

Kalynn wrote: "Poetry(?) Probably not much call, but that's where I fall..."

We now have poetry :) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 50: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dalling It looks like there are now two Erotica threads. Could the new one be changed to Erotic Romance?


« previous 1 3
back to top