Add a Genre > Likes and Comments
date
newest »
newest »
Thank for taking the time to moderate.Action, Adventure, and Thrillers are a very popular genre, yet they are not listed in Fiction.
Since there is much cross-over in the genres, I suggest a single new category:
Action/Adventure/Thriller
Thanks.
DomenickVenezia.com
Team wrote: "Team Golfwell does free book reviews in most all genres and not just golf, especially children’s books, Y/A, non-fiction, and humor. It doesn’t hurt to ask https://www.teamgolfwell.com/free-boo......"I've asked them a couple of times but they're not interested unless you pay.
Team wrote: "Team Golfwell does free book reviews in most all genres and not just golf, especially children’s books, Y/A, non-fiction, and humor. It doesn’t hurt to ask https://www.teamgolfwell.com/free-boo......"I've asked them a couple of times but they're not interested unless you pay.
Gail wrote: "Alicia wrote: "A plea for a Mainstream thread.The Thorn Birds is mainstream. Gone With the Wind is mainstream. The Pillars of the Earth and Rebecca and Jane Eyre are mainstream. The Name of the R..."
Gail wrote: "Alicia wrote: "A plea for a Mainstream thread.
The Thorn Birds is mainstream. Gone With the Wind is mainstream. The Pillars of the Earth and Rebecca and Jane Eyre are mainstream. The Name of the R..."
They would have been mainstream when they were written.
It would be great if there was a Non-Fiction Memoir group section.HYPHENED-NATION: Don’t Check the Box
Having grappled with deciding which genres my recently self-published novel might fit into, I vote for a term/phrase to replace general or literary fiction. Something along the lines of:
kitchen drawer fiction
alloy fiction
meld fiction
fusion fiction
chameleon fiction
amalgam fiction . . .
Any other suggestions?
My book is Christian Historical Fiction. Is anyone interested in this genre? This is the really long link https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
I see that I probably shouldn't have added a link but the Group Rules are laying on top of this and I can't edit. Sorry
Rebecca wrote: "There's too many Genres for me to remember all in one go, so if you think of any other's that should be added, please post suggestions here.".Hi Rebecca: Can you add Biblical Fiction? My book Beloved Prodigal needs some attention.
📚 My new romance thriller Stolen Time is FREE on Kindle for the next 5 days! Grab your copy here 👉 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GPP6YK6R?... 💛
Disturbing TimeSlotting a book into a specific genre can be misleading, and of particular concern to authors who diversify within that allotted genre.
FREE REVIEW COPIES FOR SERIOUS READERS
I’m offering free digital review copies of my novel A Dark Unraveling — a cosmic‑horror literary thriller rooted in real history and mythic darkness.
Three timelines intertwine:
• 1895 Abyssinia - Italian colonial ambitions meet an ancient empire
• 16th‑century Lisbon & Goa - the Portuguese Inquisition at its darkest
• Modern San Francisco - Unexplained murders
Four reincarnating souls.
An artifact granting True Sight.
Entities older than history itself.
This novel explores memory, identity, and free will, and whether the consciousness you carry is truly yours.
Tropes:
Reincarnation • Forbidden Knowledge • Ancient Artifact • Fate Sealed Before Birth • Humans as Vessels • Otherworldly Forces • Triple Timeline • Diary Unlocking Memories
For readers of:
Umberto Eco • Lovecraft • David Mitchell • Neil Gaiman • Clive Barker • Carlos Ruiz Zafón
What I’m offering:
A free digital copy (PDF/ePub/Kindle)
What I ask:
An honest review on Goodreads or Amazon, whenever you’re ready. No pressure.
If this sounds like your kind of darkness, comment below or DM me, and I’ll send the link to get the free review copy.
— Claudio Tronconi
Author looking for ARC readers — THE LAST WARHEAD by Martin May (Thriller)Hi everyone! Looking for readers who enjoy fast-paced political/conspiracy thrillers to join the ARC team for THE LAST WARHEAD.
One weapon. One truth. One chance to expose a deadly conspiracy buried since the Cold War.
Available in BookSprout, EPUB, PDF, or Amazon download code, your choice. In exchange, we ask for an honest review on Amazon once you're done.
If you're interested, please fill out this quick sign-up form and I'll get you set up with a copy: https://forms.gle/3ArR3W3nDZKPkJ8G6
Thank you! 🔥📖














The Thorn Birds is mainstream. Gone With the Wind is mainstream. The Pillars of the Earth and Rebecca and Jane Eyre are mainstream. The Name of the Rose is mainstre..."
In my opinion, Rebecca, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, etc. are classics not mainstream.