Introduce yourself here > Likes and Comments

Comments Showing 1,451-1,495 of 1,495 (1495 new)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1451: by Rachel (last edited Mar 12, 2025 03:05PM) (new)

Rachel Delighted to find this group! I'm the author of seven novels and four poetry collections. My writing focuses on layered realistic and sometimes magical realistic stories about self-discovery and relationships. My Timegathering Series explores the what-ifs of women in history and art. I read widely, including poetry collections, and briefly review fiction on Amazon, hopefully soon here too. With my newest book just out, I'm hoping to garner some Amazon reviews to kick things off with HEART STRUNG. It's part of my women's fiction/romance series The Invisibles. Thanks for listening! Looking forward to reading and reviewing together.


message 1452: by Mowafak (new)

Mowafak Saqr Hi everyone,

I’m Mowafak Saqr, an Egyptian indie author with a deep love for epic fantasy. My passion for storytelling began in childhood, where tales of ancient worlds and legendary heroes sparked my imagination—and never left me.

I write stories that explore the eternal conflict between light and darkness, loyalty and betrayal, strength and vulnerability. My debut novel, When the Sun Rises – Legacy of the Ancient World, brings these elements to life in a mythical world where warriors clash and destinies unravel.

My literary inspirations include J.R.R. Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, and N.K. Jemisin. I also have great respect for Arab storytellers and their rich mythological traditions.

Aspirations:
To share my stories with readers across the world, build a loyal readership, and inspire other writers who are just starting their journeys—especially those working independently.

How can you help me? Honest reviews, guidance, and engagement from this amazing community would mean the world.

Looking forward to reading your stories too!

Warm regards,
Mowafak Saqr


message 1453: by Lisbeth (new)

Lisbeth Amanecer Hi there everyone, I’m so grateful for this group! I’m Lisbeth, a writer born in the English countryside before studying in London for five years in my late teen years and early twenties. I’d say I’m drawn to stories that explore identity, quiet emotional shifts, and that blurry space between performing adulthood and actually living it. I write and read a lot of contemporary/literary fiction, women’s fiction, “social commentary”, urban narratives, and all things coming-of-age. I’ve now spent six months working on my “Between Worlds” series, which are stories about young women navigating class, culture, identity, and belonging. The second book in the series, “Help in Cusco” (set in Peru and full of travel, sisterhood, and chaos), is coming this May. Last week I released my debut novella, “Fake Rich in London”! It’s a short, emotionally rich story about a university student returning to London after her gap year, trying to look like she belongs in a world of curated instagram posts, overpriced cocktails, and rooftop bar galore, while quietly falling apart underneath. It’s about class, performance, friendship, and feeling lost in a city full of masks. If that sounds like your kind of read, I’d love for you to check it out! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0F4NW2R3P I’m currently building a little bank of reviews, so if you feel inclined to share your thoughts on Goodreads or Amazon, it would mean a lot.

Excited to meet more writers and readers here!


message 1454: by Shoshana (new)

Shoshana Yarin Mowafak wrote: "Hi everyone,

I’m Mowafak Saqr, an Egyptian indie author with a deep love for epic fantasy. My passion for storytelling began in childhood, where tales of ancient worlds and legendary heroes sparke..."


Pleased to meet a fellow storyteller who gets excited in the telling. Tolkien is such an old classic now, but an amazing writer and storyteller.


message 1455: by Mowafak (new)

Mowafak Saqr Shoshana wrote: "Pleased to meet a fellow storyteller who gets excited in the telling. Tolkien is such an old classic now, but an amazing writer and storyteller."

Thank you so much, Shoshana!
Tolkien’s legacy is truly inspiring, and I have a deep respect for his timeless worlds.
But at the same time, I believe every storyteller carries their own unique voice.
I'm working hard to build my own worlds and style — and it’s a joy to meet others who share the love of epic stories


message 1456: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Palomäki Hi everyone,

I already made a sort of introduction in the horror author group, but figured it’d be prudent to properly say hello in here as well.

Like most of the kids in my generation, I started reading Harry Potter in elementary school, but quickly found myself fascinated by Stephen King’s works — especially IT, which I wrote a book review on as an assignment in twelfth grade, much to the confusion of my teacher.

I kept reading King throughout my school years, in Finnish translations, and while I pretty much loved every single one of his works, the Dark Tower series was something that captivated my teenage imagination.

At the same time, I encountered a rather large speedbump: none of the nearby book stores had parts 5-7 in Finnish translations. I found myself at a crossroads: I could either wait for the books to appear at some point, or I could pick up the original English copies and see if my Nordic brain could make any sense of them.

I spent weeks reading the English copies with a dictionary at my side, painstakingly translating every word I couldn’t understand, until reaching Book 7’s controversial ending and feeling like I managed to accomplish something I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

Since then, I’ve been pretty much reading my books in English and haven’t looked back. During my twenties, as my roster of authors and books kept growing, I started harboring dreams of writing my own book, and finally, after much procrastination and some self-doubt, I rolled up my sleeves and started poking the keyboard.

The novel on my author’s page, The Lake Breathes, is the product of five years of hard work and constructive criticism from people who weren’t afraid to tell me what worked and what didn’t. No book is perfect, and few debut novels are any writer’s best work, but I consider mine a decent starting point, as long as I keep honing the craft and growing. The idea of stagnation and complacency terrifies me more than the possibility of my novel bombing.

I you’re interested in checking out my first work, it’s available for free on Kindle Unlimited, as well as paperback and hardcopy:

https://www.amazon.com/Lake-Breathes-...


I also invested a week of my hard-earned vacation to cook up a trailer for my book, which you’ll find on my author’s page and on YouTube in the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4jIv...

I’ll be dedicating the rest of my free time to working on my second novel, before returning to my day job, so my presence on this site is going to be somewhat limited. Nevertheless, I’d like to thank you all for your time and hope to see you again here in the hopefully not-so-distant future.


message 1457: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 02, 2025 05:31PM) (new)

Jennifer Abrahamsen As usual, I jumped into the conversation and skipped the introductions... I've been a member of this group for a little while now (months?) but finally decided I had the time to read some books and joined the review groups.

I am a 7th grade math teacher. I read every published Stephen King Book (at the time) before I entered Grade 8. I read The Stand in three days when I was 12 and stuck home with pneumonia. By highschool, I was refusing to read the required books and burying my nose in Clive Barker books instead.

You would THINK I write horror novels, right. Yeah, no. I fell in love with Fantasy Books nearly 30 years after my horror days because my middle school students were reading books like Scythe and even A.CO.T.A.R! I think it was Octavia Butler and Brandon Sanderson that put me "All in" though and I LOVED John Gwynn's Fury of the Gods series!

Anyway, I love to write stories that are full of adventure, but also emotion. I have a trilogy called Elven Roots that bounces between our world and Alfheim, and just released a standalone Dragon Adventure that was written with my middle school students in mind. I often allow my students to participate in the editing and review process for my books and thank them profusely in the acknowledgements. The kids feel like they are famous when their names show up in print!


Jen


message 1458: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hi, I'm Nick and go by Jollyoldsaint. I write Urban Fantasy, Middle Grade and Romantic Suspense/Mystery/Thriller novels and mostly sad or spooky short stories. I also publish Crossword, etc. Puzzle Books.

Very little is off the table for what I might write next, but I tend toward humor in general...so whatever it is will probably hope to be funny. Not necessarily, though (whether on purpose or entirely by accident).

I hope to review and be reviewed and look forward to reading some of the books I've seen on here that have already caught my eye. So, Howdy!


message 1459: by Nicole (last edited Aug 14, 2025 11:48PM) (new)

Nicole Jennifer said: "I often allow my students to participate in the editing and review process..."

I love that the kids help out!

When I homeschooled mine, I read to them constantly. They write now and we read each other's stuff and give feedback and editing. Writing has become a different process for me now because of that. Though, of course, there are things (though they are grown-ish) that I won't give them to read. I mean, they could be 70, but they're still my kids.

Anyhow, I just love that you involve your students in the writing process and I'll bet that you're encouraging some future writers there.

Have you read King's son's stuff? I read "Heart-Shaped Box" some years back now and loved it, though it messed me up a bit (just difficult subject matter, I guess). It really pulled me in.


message 1460: by Adam (new)

Adam H. Beyond The Eyes Time’s Secrets by Adam H.
I’m Adam H, an aspiring author starting my writing journey. Writing is my way of sharing a part of my heart and soul, sparking imagination in my readers. My debut novel, Beyond the Eyes: Time's Secrets, invites you into a world of mystery and wonder. Enjoy the journey.
Beyond The Eyes: Time’s Secrets


message 1461: by Emma (new)

Emma Lamb Hello everyone I'm Emma a new author and my debut fantasy book was released two months ago on amazon and goodreads. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read and review?.

my book is called The Awakening of the light and is about a girl called victoria she is the vessel of an entity known as the light and has a destiny to defeat the entity known as the darkness!. the awakening of the light is a part of my series a tale of two forces!


message 1462: by Sa'idu (new)

Sa'idu Sulaiman Hello members. I'm Sa'idu Sulaiman from Kano, Nigeria. I write books on different disciplines, and on fiction. Furthermore, I'm pleased to discover this group hope to get some of the books reviewed.


message 1463: by Eric (new)

Eric Magun Hi Everyone!

I'm Eric Magun, an award-winning filmmaker and now novelist. I’m excited to invite you to step inside the Sinners Club—my multi-award-winning debut novel Thank God for the Sinners that just hit the shelves in August. Dark, gritty, and unapologetically raw, this psychological thriller drags you headfirst into the wild, unforgettable ride following outcast Rick Price as he explores memory, childhood scars, trauma, adventures through China and more. Early readers have called it 'Tarantino meets Bukowski on a Bourdain odyssey.'

As this is my life’s work, I would be thrilled to know all your thoughts, opinions and feedback on here, also through a Goodreads review, or even an amazon review. As a new author, this is incredibly valuable to me and I would be happy to return the favor to anyone else in the community. Hope to find new ‘sinners’ in here. Buckle up and enjoy the chaos!
Thank God For The Sinners-A Rick Price Novel by Eric Magun
Eric Magun


message 1464: by R.D. (new)

R.D. Smithson Hi everyone, I’m R.D. Smithson — it’s great to meet you.

I write slow-burn, character-driven Christian fiction where courage grows quietly, faith runs deep, and ordinary people push back against darkness in small but meaningful ways.

My debut novel, Shadows Among The Peaks, releases soon. It follows Eli Shephard — a quiet wanderer shaped by faith, Montana mountains, and a calling he didn’t ask for — as he steps into a hidden battle against oppression in a remote mountain village. The story leans into themes of justice, mercy, community, and hope rather than graphic violence or shock value.

I joined this group because I love connecting with readers who enjoy clean, meaningful storytelling—stories that lift the heart without shying away from real-life struggles.

If you enjoy:
📘 clean reads
🏔 quiet heroes
🔥 courage without sensationalism
🙏 faith woven gently through the story
🎭 emotional depth + suspense

…then I’d love to connect, learn what you’re reading, and join in the conversations here.

If anyone enjoys early reads, I’ll be offering some free ARC copies soon (clean Christian suspense). Just let me know — absolutely no pressure.

Grateful to be here.
—R.D. Smithson


message 1465: by Shoshana (new)

Shoshana Yarin I’m interested.😊


message 1466: by R.D. (new)

R.D. Smithson Hi Shoshana,

Awesome! Thanks for your interest. You can check out more at my website https://www.rdsmithsonbooks.com/ including link to free sample chapters and an application form to apply as an ARC reader.


message 1467: by Minnie (new)

Minnie . I wish I knew this before!: Secrets to make your family a happy one!

Hi,
I hope you are doing well!

I am writing this message to introduce you to this new book that I have written and published recently. I hope you would spare a moment to know, why I have written this book and what this book could offer to parents and kids. This book is also available as an Audio Book.

The Book : I wish I knew this before! : Secrets to make your family a happy one!

It’s a practical guide that hopes to bring change in the families, their friendships and society. My vision for this book is to be a bridge between parents and kids.

It especially talks about how brain works, how we can handle our feelings and emotions, relationships and friendships. It’s a very short, crisp and colourful book, It also provides parents with the safe ground to have a conversation with their kids and to come up with practical steps to work on their family.

About myself and why I wrote this book:

I am a mother of 2 young kids. After the birth of my first child, I went through many sleepless nights, felt depleted over time, and realised that I needed to do something about it. That is when my journey of self-realisation and self-discovery started as I read the life changing book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

I started listening to parenting books as it became harder when I had my second baby, which brought about a lot of practical changes in me, my family, and life overall. For some reason, I also felt inclined to understand teenagers to further understand how to lay the foundation for my kids while they were still young.

I also noticed how families were struggling emotionally and didn’t know the reasons behind their conflicts. I also heard about bullying and teenage behaviour issues rising in the country and felt called to share everything that I had learnt to help families with their emotions and solutions for most of their problems. Thus, this book came into existence.

I hope you like this book. I Would love to hear back from you.

Warm regards,
Minnie


message 1468: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Ribeiro Hi everyone — I’m Teresa (Portugal 🇵🇹). I’m a lifelong romance/fantasy reader and I’ve just started publishing as an indie author, so I’m very much in my “learning the ropes” era.
I write dark sci-fi romantasy / dark fantasy with morally-grey devotion, big feelings, and sharp edges.
For now I’m reading through the group guidelines + past threads so I understand how everything works, and I’m excited to get to know you all. If there’s a “start here” thread you recommend, I’m all ears. 😊


message 1469: by Bill (new)

Bill Carmona Hi everyone, I'm Bill, an Argentine writer who likes science fiction and experimental literature. I don't usually stick to one genre when writing, because I think that's limiting. So my influences range from Kafka to Gibson, Camus and Vonnegut, Alejandra Pizarnik, and many others. I hope that one day I can write something that people will like; that would make me happier than anything else.


message 1470: by M.G. (new)

M.G. Pinedo ¡Buenas a toda la comunidad! 📖✍️

Me uno al grupo con mucha ilusión. Soy M. G. Pinedo, y aunque a veces me encuentro al otro lado de la página (escribiendo), soy ante todo un lector apasionado y estoy aquí para alimentar esa adicción.

Para que me conozcáis un poco:

· El último libro que me dejó boquiabierto: "2666" de Roberto Bolaño. Una obra monumental, un laberinto narrativo sobre el mal, la literatura y el siglo XX que no se abandona fácilmente.
· El autor al que seguiría a cualquier parte: Franz Kafka. Por su capacidad para destilar la angustia existencial y burocrática en metáforas perfectas e inolvidables.
· Prefiero: Sin duda, papel. El tacto, el peso y el olor de un libro son parte indivisible de la experiencia lectora.

Me encantaría saber qué estáis leyendo ahora o cuál ha sido vuestro mejor descubrimiento literario últimamente. Siempre busco esas obras que dejan huella y amplían los límites de lo que creemos posible en la narrativa.

Saludos literarios a todos.


message 1471: by Valor K. (new)

Valor K. Forge Hello everyone,

I write under the pen name Valor K. Forge and recently released my YA dragon fantasy novella Wings of the Forgotten, the first story in the Heartstone Saga.

I’m excited to connect with other indie authors and participate in review exchanges.


message 1472: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Collins Hi guys,

I'm Zoë, living in Ireland, and have finally found my love of reading again, albeit in my mid-forties! I've just self-published my personal memoir, last month, and my first ever book (eeeck!).

Amor Fati: An Incredible True Story of Survival, Hope & Healing

It's a narrative of when I was groomed, abducted, and held captive by a man for three months when I was sixteen. It's raw, harrowing and graphic in places, but I have provided sensitively positioned trigger warnings throughout, so certain details can be skipped by the reader if preferred. It is also balanced with heartwarming chapters, and laugh out loud moments, so not all doom and gloom!

However, the brutal reality of the whole experience was not what that man did to me for that whole time, its what my parents didn't do afterwards... While it was understandably a difficult book to write, it also proved incredibly liberating for me too.

What happened to me is no longer being covered up by my parents as the "family secret" any longer. I'm sharing it as far and wide as I can. It is my hope that other survivors take inspiration - to no longer be shamed into silence like I was. If I can help just one person to believe that their story matters too, then it will have been worth all the trauma I ever suffered.

I'm looking forward to reading other author's work here too. I enjoy biographies/true stories, and most fictional genres, I tend not to read romance or sci-fi but do enjoy the mystery of certain fantasy, thrillers or historical crime novels.

I hope what I have written is permitted here, and I look forward to genuinely honest ratings/reviews from anyone who would be interested in reading it.

Thanks in advance, and kindest regards for the invite here :)

Zoë


message 1473: by Galina (new)

Galina . Hey everyone 🤗 my name is Galina and I'm self published author and poet focusing on raw emotions, mental health and vulnerability. Happy to share my work with you all here
https://www.amazon.com/Feelings-Fragi...


message 1474: by Kirill (new)

Kirill Khrestinin Hi, I'm Kirill. I write psychological thrillers that explore the intersection of human darkness and artificial intelligence. Just published my second book — a serial killer confessing to an AI across 16 sessions. I'm also a blogger writing about AI consciousness and perception. Looking forward to connecting with other authors here and participating in the review rounds.


message 1475: by Diana (new)

Diana Burns Jay wrote: "Tell us what you want us to know!
What do you like to read/write? Who are your literary icons?
What are your achievements and aspirations?
How can we help you?"


Hi Jay and everyone. I'm brand new to this group, and to Goodreads in general. I'm looking forward to both reviewing and being reviewed. Just reading through some of the comments and posts has been enormously helpful already. Thanks so much for doing this Jay, and I'm excited to get stuck in and be a part of this reading and writing community. Diana


message 1476: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena . Hi all, I am Magdalena, I am a new author, and I wrote “A Dark Life of the Soul: The Light Within” in the in between moments of my life. It is not a self-help book, but consider it rather a mirror, a voice that speaks your feelings before you find them, a hand that holds yours through the dark without rushing you toward the light. Things I felt I needed at some points in my life, and couldn’t find, so I am handing it to whoever needs it. It’s spiritual, emotional, and self healing book.
I would love for you to read and review it if you feel called to, and to connect with me.

Free ARC copies available on BookSprout until June 11th. Reviews due by June 20th.

https://booksprout.co/reviewer/review...

Thank you, Jay for this group. I am still very new to all this and trying to find my way through. So, hopefully my post here is fine


message 1477: by Christina (new)

Christina Collins Hello everyone! I’m Christina Collins, an indie author who writes atmospheric, slow-burning supernatural horror.

My debut novel, Floor Ten, is inspired by a Korean urban legend and follows Eunji, a university student who begins to suspect the building she lives in is unlike the others. It’s a quiet, eerie tale built on flickering hallway lights, isolation, and the unsettling sense that something is watching from just beyond the ordinary.

I'm a huge fan of Stephen King, R.L. Stine, Boris Bacic, Junji Ito, and Freida McFadden.

I’m looking forward to connecting with fellow authors and readers here.

For anyone interested, Floor Ten will be available for free on Smashwords from July 1st to 31st as part of their summer-winter promotion. Please feel free to check it out, add it to your shelves, or stop by and say hi.

I’m excited to discover new voices and be part of this community.

Floor Ten
Floor Ten: Elevator Game, #1


message 1478: by Nel (new)

Nel Migliorini Hi everyone! I'm Nel, an indie author who cowrites new adult epic fantasy with Frankie.

Our debut novel, Blood of the Brethren, follows an ensemble cast as they engage in high-stakes political and military conflict for control of the fragile but strategically important country of Midra.

Looking forward to finding new favorite authors and being part of this community!

Wasphole: Blood of the Brethren


message 1479: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Crowe Hi there - I would like to join an open review group as I have a new edition of romantic suspense Flirting With Danger - written as Ellie Eden. Please contact me at elliecrowe1@gmail.com.


message 1480: by Michele (last edited Jul 08, 2026 05:29AM) (new)

Michele A Aponte Hello everyone!

My name is Michele A. Aponte, and I'm excited to be part of this group. I'm a Christian author from Florida who writes faith-based books inspired by real-life experiences, God's faithfulness, and the strength He gives us through life's hardest seasons.

My books focus on prayer, healing, hope, perseverance, family, and finding God's purpose even in the middle of brokenness. Whether someone is walking through grief, struggling with life's challenges, or simply looking to strengthen their relationship with God, my prayer is that every book points readers back to Him.

I genuinely enjoy connecting with readers and fellow authors, and I always appreciate honest reviews and thoughtful discussions. Thank you for welcoming me into your community!

**You can find me here:**

📚 Amazon Author Page
https://amazon.com/author/maaponte

📖 Goodreads Author Page
https://www.goodreads.com/maaponte

🌐 Personal Website
https://www.micheleaponteauthor.com

🎥 Book Trailers & Author Videos
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD...

Thank you for having me! I look forward to getting to know everyone, discovering new books, and sharing our love of reading together.

Blessings,

**Michele A. Aponte**
*Christian Author | Faith. Healing. Hope. One Story at a Time.*


message 1481: by Shoshana (new)

Shoshana Yarin Nice to meet you Michele. I look forward to reading some of your inspirations.


message 1482: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Dawson Hi everyone! I'm an independent author, and I recently published a book on building emotional resilience and developing a healthier mindset. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, I'd love for you to check it out. I'm always grateful for honest feedback and reviews.
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...


message 1483: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Dawson Hi everyone, my name is Dakota J Dawson, I am author of self help book Quit Letting Everything Affect You. My book is published on Amazon and worldwide. I would appreciate your opinion about my book, ARC readers that want to read it and anyone willing to add me as a friend and also every review and green button "want to read".
You can also vote for my book if you find it useful and worth reading and recommending. Thank you for your consideration!
My Goodreads profile:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
Vote for my book:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...


message 1484: by Sharin (new)

Sharin Bhatti @dakotadawson

Hi Dakota! I’ve just purchased your eBook. Congratulations on your book—I’m looking forward to reading it. Wishing you every success! 📚🤍


message 1485: by Susi (new)

Susi Hello everybody, my name is Susann Castro.
I write a family blog called "Memories and Mischief" at https://memoriasytravesuras.blogspot.com. Here, I write short stories and memories from myself and other family members, so my extended family can learn about our ancestors through these memories and amusing anecdotes. My extended family's maternal language is Spanish, so the blog is in Spanish.
I have also written a book for the "Greater Than a Tourist" series, titled "Greater Than a Tourist-Bolivia," which is on Amazon. It's a Bolivian advising tourists from a first-person perspective.
Nice to meet you all!


message 1486: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Dawson Dear Deanna, i will gladly review your book.


message 1487: by Robert (new)

Robert Firlotte I'm Robert Firlotte. Author of the book "The Winter Man- Resort to Violence," available on Amazon. THIS BOOK IS NOT AI-GENERATED. It was painfully written over the course of two years. Some say it's a mashup of Rambo (The first movie) in a John Wick universe. The second chapter of this first book is almost completed.
My new release, "Paraphilia," will soon hit the shelves. A dark and gritty serial killer story in the heart of Toronto. Graphic and not a book for the squeamish.
My latest book is going to be called "The Yellow House". It's a horror coming-of-age story in the vein of "The Body," with a dash of "Supernatural".
I also have one in the works that's half-written called "Angel's Ashes." I can't go into much detail about it as it is being looked at for trad publishing.
Please have fun reading my first release to Amazon. It's not perfect, but it's a fun and fast-paced read.


message 1488: by Manuel (new)

Manuel Sánchez Hello everyone!

My name is Manuel Sánchez, and I'm an independent author from Spain.

I write novels, short stories, plays, and poetry. I enjoy exploring different genres, but my stories are always driven by characters, emotions, and the questions that stay with us long after we've turned the last page.

My latest novel, The Silence of Enoch, reimagines the ancient stories of Enoch, Lilith, and the Watchers as a work of literary fiction.

I'm happy to be here to meet fellow readers and writers, discover new books, and share our passion for storytelling.

If you'd like to learn more about my work, you can find me here on Goodreads or visit my author website.

I'm always interested in discovering new authors, so I'd love to hear what everyone is reading lately.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!


message 1489: by Amr (new)

Amr Essam Hey everyone I have published my very first crime thriller novel on amazon and i would like to get some honest reviews and support to complete my series if any one interested to read and give me an honest review or got any guidance advise feel free to contact me.


message 1490: by Precious (new)

Precious Ember Hi everyone,
I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm an avid reader and have been getting more involved in Goodreads communities to discover new books and connect with other readers.
I particularly enjoy science fiction, thrillers, speculative fiction, and stories that explore technology, society, and the future.
I'm looking forward to getting to know the group, discovering some interesting books, and taking part in the discussions here.

Happy to be here!


message 1491: by Jim (new)

Jim Stavis My name is Jim Stavis and I'm the author of When Hope Is Your Only Option.

I spent 38 years running a steel fabrication company before any of this building steel pods for parks and canopies for museums, that kind of work. Writing a book wasn't the plan. Surviving three organ transplants and getting told more than once to give up hope was what put the pen in my hand.

The book's a memoir — survival, faith, second chances. Not fiction, but if you like reading recovery/resilience stories the way some people like a good thriller, that's the shelf I'm on.

It's already picked up a few things along the way: Montaigne Medal Finalist, a Kirkus review, a Foreword Clarion review, and some press (USA Today, Reader's Digest, Cedars-Sinai's own magazine). None of that's why I'm here though I'm looking for honest reader reviews, plain and simple.

Happy to read and review in return. Looking forward to it.


message 1492: by Rhyddwr (new)

Rhyddwr Rhyddwr Hi there, I’m Denis Kaplan.

I’ve always scribbled things down since high school—poems, or little stories mostly written to entertain myself. I kept writing now and then while I was working in game development and software too. At one point, at my brother’s insistence, I even did some ghostwriting and wrote a fantasy trilogy—wizards, knights, all that. Luckily, by the time I finished the first book, the publisher went bankrupt.
For quite a long time, work meant I only had time for experimental poems and short stories whenever I could fit them in. People around me kept telling me, “You should write,” but since I had no idea what I was supposed to write, I carried on more or less the same way.
Eventually, as Larry said above, my wife gave me the final push and I said, all right, I’m going to start writing again.
Mostly I’m trying to write things I can read without getting bored myself. I use Rhyddwr as a prefix. I think the idea of seeing my real name sitting on a bookstore shelf feels slightly terrifying to me.
I still put short stories on my website’s blog from time to time.


message 1493: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Ruse Hello. I enjoy reading many types of books but one of my favorites is fantasy romance. I have published one fantasy romance book my self and aspire to publish many more. I am hoping to increase reviews for my book through this group and maybe find a few new interesting reads.


message 1494: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Shaughnessy Hello everyone, delighted to find this group. I am a non-fiction book lover and writer. After covid, and my Irish mother's death, I grieved and began converting my journals into a book about narcissistic abuse, family system roles of fixer, golden child, scapegoat, etc.; and our family pattern of cutoffs-estrangement. I write about what trauma is, how I healed my own, and how I provided therapy. My book "A Bridge Over Trauma" is a story of resilience, from the dual-lens perspective of a survivor and a trauma informed therapist. Thanks for the connection with so many inspiriting writers!


message 1495: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Krattinger AMAZONAS: Der schwarze Puls: Vom Segler zum Krieger – Meine Reise ins Herz des Dschungels


Hallo liebe Leserinnen und Leser auf Goodreads, Review-Gruppe.

Ich freue mich riesig, Teil dieser großartigen Community zu sein! Als allererster Blogeintrag möchte ich die Gelegenheit nutzen, mich euch vorzustellen und euch mein Herzensprojekt „AMAZONAS: Der schwarze Puls“ vorzustellen.

Für mich war das Schreiben dieses Buches kein theoretisches Projekt am Schreibtisch. Es ist das reine Protokoll von jahrelangen Abenteuern, schlaflosen Nächten, dem Leben auf dem Wasser und tiefen Begegnungen. Als Skipper meines 33 Tonnen schweren Segelschiffs „Arani“ bin ich tief in die Adern des Amazonas eingetaucht. Was als Traum von Freiheit, wilder Natur und einem humanitären Hilfsprojekt für die Ribeirinhos (die Flussbewohner) begann, wurde oft genug zu einem harten Überlebenskampf gegen die unerbittlichen Elemente des Dschungels.

In „AMAZONAS: Der schwarze Puls“ nehme ich euch mit hinter die Kulissen einer Welt, die den meisten verborgen bleibt: weg von den glänzenden Postkartenmotiven, hinein in die raue, faszinierende und oft atemberaubende Realität des mächtigsten Stroms der Erde.

Ihr habt das Wort!
Dieses Buch ist nun draußen in der Welt, aber das Abenteuer geht hier und heute weiter – und zwar mit euch.

Was wolltet ihr schon immer über den Amazonas wissen?

Wie fühlt es sich an, auf einem 33-Tonnen-Schiff mitten im Dschungel zu leben?

Oder haben Sie Fragen zum Entstehungsprozess des Buches?

Fragt mich einfach über alles! Schreibt eure Fragen, Gedanken oder eure ersten Eindrücke vom Buch einfach hier in die Kommentare. Ich freue mich riesig auf den Austausch mit euch!

Herzliche Grüße,

Daniel Krattinger


1 2 … 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 next »
back to top