Start by marking “Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)

Chain of Iron

(The Last Hours #2)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  4,758 ratings  ·  1,319 reviews
Cordelia Carstairs seems to have everything she ever wanted. She’s engaged to marry James Herondale, the boy she has loved since childhood. She has a new life in London with her best friend Lucie Herondale and James’s charming companions, the Merry Thieves. She is about to be reunited with her beloved father. And she bears the sword Cortana, a legendary hero’s blade.

But th
Published March 2nd 2021 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

·  4,758 ratings  ·  1,319 reviews

Start your review of Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
Lia Carstairs
[ The only COI spoilers in this review are in spoiler tags]

Tell me, what do I say? What do I say about this masterpiece?

I would change nothing. And I mean nothing. actually maybe just that bloody ending *sobs*

CASSIE, YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO WAIT 393+ DAYS FOR CHAIN OF THORNS-

No, this is true torture. She really fooled us smh this book hurt so much.

The secrets, the lies, everything was painful. I don’t like having my heart torn into pieces :(

There are so many ways to destroy me, ah I
NReads
Mar 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just when you think that you are out of trilogies, don't worry Cass Clare will come up with one every year. ...more
nadia
Tbh I'm only reading this to see Will and Tessa as a married couple.

Melanie

[January 6th, 2021] ✨ I just purchased my signed copy at Good Choice Reading

[July 1st, 2020] this cover has k-worded me and my expectations.

[February 3rd, 2020] brb, crying until march 2021

1.) Lady Midnigh
✨ A ✨
What I think needs to happen in Chain of Iron:

More Magnus Bane!! There's no such thing as too much Magnus Bane
• more cutesy domestic Will&Tessa moments
(view spoiler)
Mashlovesbooks
For a full, detailed review, check out my blog Mashlovesbooks

~ 5 stars ~

Chain of Iron follows the same characters as the previous book but our friends are no longer the same. We start right from where we left off, when Cordelia and James “scandal” is revealed and James announces their marriage. Cordelia is ecstatic that she gets to marry the man she
Lucy Tonks
So there are only a few days until this is relased oh my god I can't I NEED THIS BOOK. I. NEED. IT.

but cassie has been posted this snuppets lately and i cannot just sit here without theorizing (and doing a bad job at it)

"I kissed Grace today."

This can't be James, right? RIGHT?! ok so my theory is that it's Christopher and with the whole family tree thing it would actually make sense, but I'm so scared it isn't him since Cassie loves to torture us 💀

"A message from Annabel Blackthorn"

OH
Beenish
Nov 22, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm so scared to read this. People keep talking about that cliffhanger and COT being pushed back ://// 😭
__________

Cassie's live tea party with Hannah on YouTube!
We are going to get a great deal of Grace Blackthorn which will make us not only know her better but also understand her (if not justify what she does) All for it!
__________

It's out and I'm counting every day till I get my copy!
__________

OMG OMG OMG!! IT COMES OUT TOMORROW!! (I can't read it as soon as I get it but it doesn't stop me fro
Maria ☾ ⋆
I CAN GIVE MY SOUL FOR THIS COVER!
THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND DREAMY!!
Beth
Mar 10, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
02.03.2021

Happy Release Day Chain of Iron 🙌🏻 I’m so so excited to read this... I feel like it’s a repeat of last year in the sense that I am very certain that Waterstones has messed up my order and it’s not going to be here today... the exact reason why I chose not to go with Amazon whyyyyyy does this keep happening 😞

————-
01.03.2021

It comes out tomorrow woooo! Can’t wait to Buddy Read this with Katie, probably going to cry together... I swear to god if this book gives us another LoS moment WE WI
sam
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-read
*4.5

what the fuck Cassandra Clare

———————————————————
ITS HERE THE COVER IS HERE AND ITS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
lucie looks gorgeous with the killer bees ahh and we’re getting a magnus and jem short story in the collectors edition too i can’t wait
———————————————————
UPDATE: we just got the official summary for this book and wow this series just became wayyyy darker than I thought it would. I mean James, a serial killer? I’m actually both terrified and excited for this.
———————————————————-
MARCH 2nd 20
Sylvie
I'm in agony right now. Why? Because my copy won't be arriving anytime soon. I have to wait from 2 to 3 weeks. 😭😭 In the meantime I'm going to read the novellas that are about TLH characters, because I need TLH content like right now.

***************************************************
By the angel!!!!! Only one more month till we have to endure for torture, heartbreak and lots and lots of sobbing (I'm sure).
description

I have never been more terrified excited for a sequel than I am for Chain of Iron.
*Impati
Eliza ☽
Apr 07, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Matthew Fairchild and Anna Lightwood should be the real main protagonists.

U can't change my mind.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Surely, it feels as though not even five stars, not even six, is enough for this book. It left me fulfilled in so many ways, utterly shocked and gasping in others, and now I am trying to mend the frayed edges of my heart.

So much has happened, and all that I wish for is to see these characters happy and whole in Chain of Thorns’ last hours.

Give me a few days to process everything, and perhaps then I’ll be able to put more words together on how this book left me overcome and desperate for more.

Th
Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs
Oh, the pain-

It seriously feels like someone has punched me in the gut.

Life lessons learned: communication is key.

RTC

I don't think I can wait for more than a year for this. Excuse my language but FUCK YOU COVID
May
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
February 13th update:

I loved this!! It's a new favourite of mine 😄 I just wish it didn't end the way it did because now I have to wait until 2022 for Chain of Thorn!!! The wait is going to be torture for me!

February 8th update:

I have news to share...

description

I GOT A PHYSICAL ARC OF THIS LAST WEEK!!!

I didn't announce this sooner because I was waiting to finish my reread of Chain of Gold before I decide to start reading this!!!
Thank you so much to Simon & Schuster Canada for sending this arc!!
Cory Marie
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At this point I’m not sure why I still get surprised that Cassandra Clare is able to weave such impressive stories. Chain of Gold was a masterpiece, so I guess I’d have to describe Chain of Iron as something greater than a masterpiece because I somehow loved it even more than its predecessor. Perhaps it’s because I already had an attachment to this amazing cast of characters, but also perhaps it’s because the mystery and overall arc of this installment went in a direction that I could have never ...more
Alexa
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
This novel gave me emotional whiplash from beginning to end. And like the sucker I am, I THANKED it for doing so.
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl)
WE HAVE A COVER AND IT’S BEAUTIFUL

I’ve heard that it’s supposed to be Lucie on the cover and that this is Lucie’s book! I’m so excited, I really like Lucie. I also hope this means we get some Jesse action!

Personally I don’t think it’s as good as the cover for Chain of Gold, but it’s STILL BEAUTIFUL and I’m so so excited. Do I have this preordered yet?
Meli
Jul 03, 2020 marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THESE COVERS 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Azure✧
July Update: Aaaand we have the cover! It's the same format with a girl with long hair with her back to us with fancy dress.......I honestly wasn't expecting Lucie; I thought it would be James. 😁 What are those moths for.... And the necklace thing? This is Lucie's book I suppose, so is she going to succeed in getting Jesse back? I hope so.... that seems like the main focus, so far.

Personally not as good as the Chain of Gold cover, but then that was exemplary. I could. Not. Stop. Staring at t
❦ jazmin
“Hast thou gone among the streets of the city and the watchmen there, and found the one thy soul loves?”

This review is going to be 90% me freaking out and ranting about this book and only 10% of actual analysis. GOD I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A OVER A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE??

Anyway, I’m going to try to talk about things in chronological order so if you only want to know my thoughts on the ending scroll to the bottom.

Warning: there will be major spoilers from h
♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY THIS SERIES IS CALLED THE LAST HOURS.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'LAST' HOURS.

WHY IS EACH SYNOPSIS DARKER THAN THE OTHER.

In this book: I need to see a roast battle between Cordelia and Grace. Then Grace can get her ass kicked by Cordelia. (Grace gets married to Christopher Lighwood. Wonder how that happened).

Also I preordered this book July last year, think I'll get the special first edition?

If not I'm suing amazon.

I love this cover, although my favourite is still the first one. Not
Nila
May 12, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Your really trying to kill us, aren't you, Cassie? HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT AND MAKE US WAIT THIS LONG AND GIVE US ALL THIS HOPE AND ASDHASFN AIASDNAISDJASK!!!!MASKD!!!
I can't. I can't.
Federica
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was prepared to be hugely disappointed by this book. And yet my lowered expectations played in my favor, because Chain of Iron was everything I needed it to be, and perhaps a tiny bit more than what I'd allowed myself to hope for. The perfect sequel to Chain of Gold, this book escapes the middle novel curse that Cassandra Clare often falls victim to. She has learned from previous mistakes and is determined not to give in to too many major points of view, which lets the story retain a much-need ...more
Anna Luce
Clare has once again stomped all over my heart.

Full review to come.

before reading:
Look, I just want the Carstairs siblings to be happy...is that too much to ask?
Victoria Booklover
Thank you SO SO much SimonTeen for gifting me a lovely copy of Chain of Iron and some goodies to go with it.

This review will be 100% spoiler free, as I want to respect Cassie and her new upcoming release!

Okay, onto the feels...

Firstly, if you don’t want to read my entire 1200AM rant, then know that I think Cassandra Care can do absolutely no wrong. That should tell you all you need to know.

Moving on, this book was phenomenal. I always carry on about Cassie's impeccable characters, and in this s
Christine Manzari
My heart is destroyed in the best and worst of ways. I was so stressed reading this that I wanted to get to the end to know what happens...to know that all these characters I love are safe and happy...but when I got to the end it was a torturous cliffhanger and I just wanted more. It will be so hard waiting for the the next book....but I truly loved this, torture and all.
Maartje
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. I LITERALLY DIED. MY EMOTIONS ARE SCATTERED ONTO THE FLOOR. MY HEART IS IN PIECES. MY SOUL IS DESTROYED.

CASSANDRA CLARE DID IT AGAIN! She wrote an epic fantasy book full of emotions and also demons. Chain of Iron is a well written sequel to Chain of Gold. So it really deserves 5 GOLDEN STARS.

However I must admit I almost gave this book 4 stars. Because a part of the characters weren't acting like themselves? Actually I was probably frustrated at the way some of them were acting during cert

• This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The White Queen
  • Call Down The Hawk 8 chapter sampler
  • The Girl in the Red Coat
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
  • The Lady of the Rivers (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #1; Cousins War #3)
  • The Romanov Empress: A Novel of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Dragon Rider (Dragon Rider, #1)
  • Wings: A Fairy Tale (Fairy Wings #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Last Hours (3 books)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3)

Articles featuring this book

“To love one another is to come as close as we ever can to being angels ourselves.” 24 likes
“Love is not always a lightning bolt. Sometimes it is a creeping vine. It grows slowly until suddenly it is all that there is in the world.” 17 likes