Melanie's Reviews > Chain of Gold

Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: angels, demons, fae, fantasy, ghosts, historical, lgbtqiap, paranormal, shifters, young-adult, vampires, read-in-2020, romance, arc

REVIEW TO COME! <3
Hour Long Reading Vlog drops tonight at midnight EST! <3

also....
cordelia @ james: stupid boy think that i need him

ARC given to me by my amazingly kind friend - Isabella!

1.) City of Bones ★★★
*.) Ghosts of the Shadow Market ★★★★
3.) Queen of Air and Darkness ★★★★
1.) The Red Scrolls of Magic ★★★★★

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain of Gold.

November 23, 2018 – Shelved
January 30, 2020 – Shelved as: romance
January 30, 2020 – Shelved as: arc
January 30, 2020 –
page 94
17.28% "not even 100 pages in and we are crying 🤧"
January 31, 2020 –
page 312
57.35% ""
February 2, 2020 –
page 500
91.91% "when you have less than 100 pages left, but you really don't want it to end 🥺
"
February 3, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

Irati What the actual fuck is that comment right before me ??

message 2: by Kyler Mathias (new)

Kyler Mathias Melanie I hope you friend request me or atleast follow me I hope sometime we will get to know each other better.

message 3: by Triniti (new)

Triniti Elliott Is the order of your ratings the order these books should be read in?

message 4: by Nyeleti (new)

Nyeleti I haven't read the collection of stories and don't really plan to but I heard the next series will have a connection to the lost herondale. Do you think it's a must read in preparation or just go straight into chain of gold? Xx

Melanie Irati wrote: "What the actual fuck is that comment right before me ??"

i'm scared.... but happy it is gone? hahaha 💕xx

Melanie Triniti wrote: "Is the order of your ratings the order these books should be read in?"

Yes (in my opinion)! 💕xx

Melanie Nyeleti wrote: "I haven't read the collection of stories and don't really plan to but I heard the next series will have a connection to the lost herondale. Do you think it's a must read in preparation or just go s..."

If you are interested in the lost herondale.... you should read the dark artifices! hehehe 💕xx

Eduardo So I just preordered Chain of Gold and now I am so desperate to read it like I need that book NOW help me

Genette Internally screaming. God, I'm hoping this is good. Amazing. Life changing. Whatever.

Melanie Eduardo wrote: "So I just preordered Chain of Gold and now I am so desperate to read it like I need that book NOW help me"

only one more month to go, love! 💖xx

Melanie Genette wrote: "Internally screaming. God, I'm hoping this is good. Amazing. Life changing. Whatever."

i'm 200 pages in... and it is! ahhhhhh! i hope you're having happy reading! 💖xx

jay ☽ AHHHHH I'm so happy you were able to get an arc! I hope you love and enjoy the story and characters Mel!! Am I still nervous for our emo son James? Damn right I am lol <3

Melanie Jay wrote: "AHHHHH I'm so happy you were able to get an arc! I hope you love and enjoy the story and characters Mel!! Am I still nervous for our emo son James? Damn right I am lol <3"

awh, thank you, jay! i love YOU and i hope you're having happy reading, bb! (i can't wait to gush with you over this one) 💜xx

message 14: by Lê Tuê Nhi (new)

Lê Tuê Nhi Ok!

message 15: by Autumn Byrd (new) - added it

Autumn Byrd I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! I got an arc myself and I'm just like "Do I really want to tackle this beast right now?!"

veralovesbooks So glad you enjoyed it this much !!! Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on it.

message 17: by Traveling (new) - added it

Traveling Cloak So jealous! I want to read it. Happy to hear you liked it.

Genette Ugh, you're killing me! Where's my countdown timer to this release....

message 19: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Carlucci I haven't read anything by Cassandra Clare yet, so when this comes out, could I start with it without being lost? I read somewhere that, even though this is the first in a new series, one needs to be familiar with the characters before hand. Is that true? If so, where do I start without having to sludge first through several less-than-stellar books by her? (That last comment is based solely on fellow GR friends & their ratings/reviews.) TIA

veralovesbooks Amanda wrote: "I haven't read anything by Cassandra Clare yet, so when this comes out, could I start with it without being lost? I read somewhere that, even though this is the first in a new series, one needs to ..."

I think you should at least read the Infernal Devices trilogy before this one, since this book follows the children of the I.D. characters, otherwise you might not neccessarily understand their motivations.

message 21: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Carlucci Thank you!

message 22: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna "already prepared to die for James and Lucie" the most mood

Denzel. your reviews are amazing!! So well written.

message 24: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Castillo  Aww I just my ebook from the library and I just read five page, an I'm enjoying it already😍😇💗

message 25: by Victoria (new)

Victoria I see your jimin bookmark👀 happy reading!

message 26: by Cillian (last edited Mar 07, 2020 07:44PM) (new) - added it

Cillian Melanie, my love. I'm asking you because you have a good head on your shoulders and you're not a rabid fangirl.
So, I read TMI about 5 times (except I read book 5 and 6 just once and it was 5 years ago, so I don't remember much about these Shadowhunters (view spoiler)). I read TID twice, but never read TDA.
Do you recommend I read Lady Midnight and its sequels before I venture into this one, or it can be read separately.
I own them all, of course. And I just got my shiny, gorgeous hardcover copy in the mail. I'm kind of itching to start it but I want to have the full experience.
My plan was to reread TMI, TID and read for the first time TDA and then this one. That's a a lot, but...it's no chore. I love me TMI.
Since I want to reread them all, my question might seem pretty pointless, except that I wanted to read this one before Lady Midnight?
What do I do, Mel!? 😭

message 27: by Cillian (new) - added it

Cillian Nevermind...

"The Shadowhunters of Los Angeles star in the first novel in Cassandra Clare’s newest series, The Dark Artifices, a sequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series."

DUH! 🙄

Melanie Anna wrote: ""already prepared to die for James and Lucie" the most mood"

truly, bb! 🖤xx

Melanie D.A wrote: "your reviews are amazing!! So well written."

awh, thank you so much, i promise to have this one up ASAP! my physical just got here last night! so i hope to cross check quotes very soon, bb! happy reading! 🖤xx

Melanie Maria wrote: "Aww I just my ebook from the library and I just read five page, an I'm enjoying it already😍😇💗"

happy reading, sweetheart! 🖤xx

Melanie Victoria wrote: "I see your jimin bookmark👀 happy reading!"

hehehe, i had to flex him a little bit... always. my heart is so happy you noticed though ;_____; happy reading, love 🖤xx

Melanie Cillian wrote: "Nevermind...

"The Shadowhunters of Los Angeles star in the first novel in Cassandra Clare’s newest series, The Dark Artifices, a sequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series..."

hehehe, its so hard! and there are SO many books; it can be very overwhelming! But truly, with my whole heart and soul, TDA is the best series in all the shadowhunter books so... i am very biased with wanting you to read it! hahaha! but... you probably could read this one without having read the trilogy... but you will miss out on *secret* moments that you learn about in TDA! happy reading, bb! 🖤xx

message 33: by Cillian (new) - added it

Cillian I am so reading TDA, never fear. I own them all in shiny, first edition hardcovers.
I should probably reread TMI to have the full experience...you think I should also reread TID?

(Read our convos: "TDA, TID, TMI...looks like we're speaking in codes 😂)

Simbamalik I just finished the book and it was a whirlwind of emotions the whole JamesxCordeliaXGrace love triangle makes me want to just yank the bracelet off James's Arm.👽

Yasmin Elmasry Wow I see your BTS pics, fellow ARMY 💜💜
About to order chain of gold!

Kelsey Anderson Love the Ashniko reference.