Start by marking “Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)

Stalking Jack the Ripper

(Stalking Jack the Ripper #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  39,679 ratings  ·  7,995 reviews
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic me
Published September 5th 2017 by jimmy patterson (first published September 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Stalking Jack the Ripper, please sign up.
Lisa It's not about a girl who falls in love with Jack the Ripper. It's about a girl in 1888 who is enraptured with science and furthers her knowledge of…moreIt's not about a girl who falls in love with Jack the Ripper. It's about a girl in 1888 who is enraptured with science and furthers her knowledge of the human body by studying with her uncle. Girls are not socially acceptable who are interested in science, so her father forbids her studies. She unfolds facts about the murders which make her question her family and friendships. I recommend this story! (less)
Kerri Hi Tierney! My publisher has 15 and up listed as their recommended age.

·  39,679 ratings  ·  7,995 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've really enjoyed reading after my horrid book slump and I LOVED it! I need more of Kerri's writing in my life, especially with her amazing characters like bloody Jack ;)
Katerina
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: Nastassja
Two words.
Thomas Cresswell.

Alright, of course there will be more words, I just needed to give you a proper motivation to grab this extraordinary book, and an obnoxiously yet damnably brilliant British boy seemed like a good idea. Now that I have your attention, let's move on, shall we?
“One taste of warm blood is never enough, Miss Wadsworth.”

Jack the Ripper.
The Whitechapel Murderer. Leather Apron. Whatever you call him, he's still the same; a monster that lingered in the shadows, bathed in
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
The Short
Actual rating: 4.5*

Perfect for fans of: The Diviners by Libba Bray, A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro, Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas, Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (or if you've already read this and enjoyed it, you might like these!)

Writing: 4.5 stars
Characters: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4 stars
Originality: 5 stars
(All out of 5 stars)

The Long
This was sooo good! I had heard such great things about this book, but knowing how mysteries are hit or miss with me, I was
emma
If you opened up a PDF of this book and control-F searched it for the phrase “kind of girl,” your computer would explode. Or suddenly bypass decades of hypothesized technological progress and instantly become cognizant and emotional, developing the ability to feel just so it could ask you, personally, why the author of this book thought she could possibly write anything remotely empowering to women while taking down women at large at every turn.

This book is so bad and so unfeminist it could caus
Wendy Darling
DNF after 5 chapters. Loved the beginning, which has the heroine literally up to her elbows with a cadaver in an autopsy room. But the deliberate visceral appeal of those types of scenes, reminiscent of THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER, are hampered by thin romantic beginnings, mannered dialogue, and an anachronistic hammering of modern feminist attitudes.

Since people love to kneejerk-complain over observations like the last one, I'll spell it out clearly for the trolls in simple language. (view spoiler)
Natalie Monroe
"Lord help the girl he set those eyes for good. His boyish vulnerability was a weapon, powerful and disarming. I was thankful I wasn't the the kind of girl to lose my mind over a handsome face."

I originally gave this two stars, but the more I thought about it, the more pissed off I felt. Stalking Jack the Ripper is what happens if you drop a girl with 21st century "feminist" ideas in the Victorian era. Everything about Audrey Rose, from her speech to her actions, screams 2016.

"I had no idea m
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chaima ✨ شيماء by: may ❀
I'm so glad my soulmate isn't here yet, I'm not ready to mess up something that intense when they find out that not only have I figured out who Jack the Ripper was... I also figured out the WHY and the HOW

I think it’s time to formally call myself out on watching too many episodes of criminal minds. It’s rendered me far too angsty and it’s also become almost second nature for me to meet any stranger and think that I’ve uncovered the real identity of Jack the Ripper and that it’s probably them!!

Re
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

Damn it all! If every time I decided to have a snack, I picked up this book and it would be at a morbidly, graphic part of the book! Hence, said snacking ceased to exist! 😄

There were parts of the book that were a tad boring but overall I think it was great. There are also pictures through-out the book. I might add some later.

Audrey works with her uncle cutting up cadavers and doing gross stuff they do with trying to find out causes of death and what have you. Thomas is also a student that is l
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Listen, I am acknowledging this is not the best book ever written. But I am also telling you that I liked reading it a lot. It is no-holds-barred entertainment with hints of substance underneath that I’m hoping continue to develop .

Audrey Rose does autopsies. On cadavers. This is obviously not generally considered acceptable for societal women in 1888. She is kind of not the most street smart person ever and keeps doing things that are completely lacking in common sense. I do not respect or lik
Lola
Well that was a charming ending to a rather dark story.

By that I mean the last three pages warmed my heart while the previous three hundred chilled my bones.

Stalking Jack the Ripper was easily my most anticipated release of the second half of 2016. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I’m fascinated by the horrifying personage that was Jack the Ripper, but my curiosity (and disgust) cannot help but awake at the mention of him and his doings.

Kerri Maniscalco created very ‘‘human’’ characters in t
jessica
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
ive always had a morbid curiosity about serial killers. i find them absolutely fascinating and jack the ripper is one of the most notorious ones, so i knew right away this would be my cup of tea.

what i didnt expect to enjoy so thoroughly were the characters. i really appreciate what audrey roses character stands for - i love the idea of women making their own place in a society that dictates how to behave, what to wear, how to speak, etc. i really like that she always acts upon her curiosity, e
Helena of Sparta ✰
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Helena by: ✦ Maica ✦

“Wield your assets like a blade, Cousin. No man has invented a corset for our brains. Let them think they rule the world. It’s a queen who sits on that throne. Never forget that. There’s no reason you can’t wear a simple frock to work, then don the finest gown and dance the night away. But only if it pleases you.”

description
Who else was legitimately obsessed with all 56 Nancy Drew novels, all 21 Famous Five novels, and the 4 classic Sherlock Holmes novels growing up??? I had binoculars, monoculars, mag
Kerri
5/23/18 Update:

JIMMY Books is giving away TWENTY copies of the mass market paperback that feature the MEETING THOMAS CRESSWELL novella right now on GR. Go forth and enter, friends!

8/27/17 Update

There's a special one day promotion going on where you can get SJTR for $1.99! (Check online retailers to snag a copy.) Ends tonight at midnight!
xoxo

****
4/6/17 update

i forgot to include the exclusive 1st chapter excerpt from SJTR book #2 (aka Hunting Prince Dracula) here!

Emma Giordano
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars! I went very back and forth with this book. In the beginning, I absolutely adored the story but as it progressed, I frequently found myself loosing interest. Serial killers are a huge subject of fascination for me, so I was a little disappointed I didn't enjoy the story as much as everyone else. It's likely that my own expectations for the novel weren't fulfilled, which is why it wasn't a favorite. Despite all that, I did still enjoy it. It was fun and fairly entertaining. I think I ju ...more
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Full review update!

Wow okay this was super fun. I mean really - if you're in the market for YA Sherlock Holmes with a badass heroine and a super snarky (and charming) sidekick, definitely pick this up. I do have some mixed feelings about parts and I'll admit I skipped some chunks because ew, not for me. Some of the ending really rubbed me the wrong way, but you can see those details below in the spoiler tag.

Aubrey Rose is basically an unconventional female in her society. She's super into educat
Chelsea Humphrey
Oh boy. Please don't come after me, but y'all.... I did not play well with this one.

description

I'm not going to hash out everything here, because I'm clearly in the minority, and also because you can read all of my similar thoughts on Jamieson's review HERE.

To sum it up, the whodunnit was predictable from the first moment the villain was introduced on page, none of the interesting factors, such as Audrey's biracial heritage, were explored beyond inclusion for mere cosmetic detail, and DEAR GOD I WAS BORE
Tucker

[10/08/2019] - I got my school bookclub to chose this book as their monthly pick! I'M AN INFLUENCER GUYS

*************

[9/15/2019] -

[Credit: Kerri Maniscalco]
HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!

**********

[9/10/2019] - POP QUIZ! Anybody recognize this voice?

**********
I read this stupendous novel nearly a year ago and I was super excited to re-read it. It was amazing BUT I almost felt like I was reading a different book. The overall book felt the same but the glaring detail I kept noticing was the ridiculous femin
megs_bookrack
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3.5-stars rounded up**

Stalking Jack the Ripper is the first book in the series of the same name, featuring young protagonist, Audrey Rose Wadsworth and her charming friend, Thomas Cresswell.

Audrey Rose is a great character, although at times a little flat, I liked the idea behind her. A young lady who doesn't buckle under the pressures of conventional society.

Audrey Rose wants to use her mind and more specifically, she wants to use it to study forensic medicine and thusly, crime. She apprent
Kayla Dawn
Aug 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
1,5* - DNF at 40ish% because this sucks.

Not giving it 1 star because the idea had potential and tbh it might have gotten better if I'd continue to read. But I don't want to.

I was pretty sure I knew who the Ripper was and since I didn't want to continue I skipped to the end and SURPRISE.... I was right. Such a cheap "plot twist".

This book could've been really good if the love story wasn't as cringy and the love interest wasn't as rude, unlikable and creepy. Seriously he is awful (He might evolve
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
“Pretend I am as capable as a man?
Please, sir, do not value me so little!”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Did you ever wonder what it would be like living at the time when Jack the Ripper was roaming the streets of London?
And did you maybe think it would be awfully exciting to be part of the investigation?
Well, then this is the perfect book for you.
Audrey Rose was never the one for living under the rules of society.
Women can’t be a medical apprentice?
Women are only here to serve their husbands and be good wi
C.G. Drews
Well this was full of blood and bone and a spot o' tea, which is such a nice compilation. Like shout out to the finale where Audrey Rose tries to calm everyone down and says "LET'S HAVE TEA AND THINK ABOUT THIS" wow I how she's literally the only sensible person in this book. However, I have to admit...I've basically read this entire story before lmao. It was in These Shallow Graves and I did get bored in the middle of reading SJTR because I knew what was happening! I predicted the murderer like ...more
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
THE REVIEW IS POSTED

*this review fills with minor spoiler. Read at your own risk.*

"Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark
flower. You needn't believe something weak because it appears deli-
cate. Show the world your bravery."

Wow. I'm so freaking disappointed with this book. Look, I didn't even have high expectation toward the book, because I know my expectations toward books often don't end up well. So I might as well not to expect anything, but the things is, it's really hard not to expe
April
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved the dynamic between Audrey and Thomas.
may ❀
Recommended to me by this poo, ♡Ninjaflower ♡ and recommended to her (and me) by the lovely, ♡ Johanna
(view spoiler)

I felt like this book came out of nowhere and took everyone by surprise, I’m truly astonished.

Stalking Jack the Ripper is narrated by Audrey Rose, a seventeen-year old girl who comes from an affluent family during the late 1880’s. Despite the expectations suited for her by society and her father, Audrey Rose defies their regulations by sn
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed

Stalking Jack the Ripper follows Audrey Rose, a young student of forensic science as she attempts to uncover the identity of the infamous serial killer, Jack the Ripper. I love everything about this book. I love the time period, the themes, I mean – science, murder, 1800s England, feminism, what’s not to love? The writing style is perfect. The whole concept of Jack the Ripper is so wildly fascinating it is impossible not to be invested. Audrey is A++++ narrator, and every character apa
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 4 / 5 stars

Guess what! My guess is RIGHT !!!!!! I knew it! I knew you were the real murderer!

(So sorry but you can’t trick me, Kerri Maniscalco. 😏😈)

————————————————————————

OK. I’m gonna start talking about the plot first. I think the plot is interesting but it’s somehow predictable. I could guess who the murderer was since 1/3 of the book because it was kinda obvious and when the true one was revealed, I wasn’t even surprised. But I still enjoyed reading it, really. This book wasn’t scary as
✨    jamieson   ✨
"Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark flower. You needn’t believe something weak because it appears delicate. Show the world your bravery.”

yeah so ,, this was incredibly disappointing for me and everyone should just go watch the buzzfeed unsolved episode instead BECAUSE SHANE AND RYAN NEVER LET ME DOWN LIKE THIS BOOK DID.

this book has so many issues all of which we will be going into later but the thing is, I probably could have overlooked them to some degree if this book was at least e
Sana
I just finished reading the second book and it's making me like this book even though I had a very boring time reading this book. AKSDHSJKFBSDLVBSDFGA nope, not RAIsiNG my rating.

Tbh, I would have really liked it if wasn't fucking b00ring, predictable af and just so??? idk boring.

The mystery and the forensic science things didn't interest me which is probably why I was so bored.

Lowkey liked it because of the teasing, charming flirt Thomas Creswell and Audrey Rose speaking up against those sexi
Jiana
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hello, my name is Jiana and I love Thomas Cresswell to bits and pieces.

Now I admit the book was super slow and boring in the middle and I was annoyed by that, and it's probably one of the most predictable books I've ever read in my entire life (I called it the minute the character appeared Oh Yeah) but you know what? I don't care one bit. I love the setting, I love the plot, I love the writing, I love the characters and I absolutely can't wait to read the next book!

Honestly if anyone's contempla
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
4/5 STARS!!!

FULL REVIEW

When I saw the title of this book I just knew that I needed to read it. Books with an intriguing title and plot? There's no way I'm going to miss it. This book contains the topics I really want to delve into.

Jack the Ripper. Check.
London England. Check
Victorian Era. Check
Forensic Science. Check
1880's Culture. Check

That's why I really wanted to read this debut novel. The interesting and mind-twisitng plot successfully gripped my attention. It was gory, enlightening, horrify

• Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Obsession (Parish Secrets, #2)
  • A Taste for Monsters
  • Blackhearts (Blackhearts, #1)
  • Double Down (Lois Lane, #2)
  • Love, Lies and Spies
  • Revenge and the Wild
  • Traitor Angels
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
  • The Steep & Thorny Way
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • The Gilded Cage
  • Retribution Rails (Vengeance Road, #2)
  • David (Control, #3.5)
  • Rivals in the City (The Agency, #4)
  • The Spiritglass Charade (Stoker & Holmes, #2)
  • Ripper
I'm mostly on instagram and twitter--where I'm always ready to talk fictional crushes and nerd out over books. (Okay, okay. And I've also been known to share snippets and teasers from my upcoming novels, if you're into that sort of thing...) Please feel free to chat with me there @KerriManiscalco. I love talking with fellow readers!

Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where

Stalking Jack the Ripper (4 books)
  • Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
“Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark flower. You needn’t believe something weak because it appears delicate. Show the world your bravery.” 299 likes
“Fear is a hungry beast. The more you feed it, the more it grows.” 149 likes