Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Stalking Jack the Ripper

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

bookshelves: young-adult, own, historical

Damn it all! If every time I decided to have a snack, I picked up this book and it would be at a morbidly, graphic part of the book! Hence, said snacking ceased to exist! 😄

There were parts of the book that were a tad boring but overall I think it was great. There are also pictures through-out the book. I might add some later.

Audrey works with her uncle cutting up cadavers and doing gross stuff they do with trying to find out causes of death and what have you. Thomas is also a student that is learning as well. They both get caught up on trying to find out who Jack The Ripper was as one of the girls worked as a servant at Audrey's home. I think she was there for like a day, but still. Then it became a thing for Audrey and Thomas to find this mad man to stop the killings.

And I knew who the Ripper was in the first few chapters. The author added some things to try to make you think it was someone else. BUT. . .

I liked Audrey's uncle even though he was a bit nutty. Thomas grew on me. Audrey got on my nerves from time to time. Audrey's dad was nice but had a lot of sadness. And Audrey's brother, Nathaniel, I crushed on for a bit there. He wasn't in the book much but still.

The ending was completely sad and I really loved the way the author set it up. I have read other Ripper books whose ending was a big let down. The end of this book was sad AND morbid. The end, end was sweet and leads us into the next book!!! Yessssssss 😄

Mel ❤️

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking Jack the Ripper.

September 20, 2017 – Started Reading
September 20, 2017 – Shelved
September 20, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 20, 2017 – Shelved as: own
September 20, 2017 – Shelved as: historical
September 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Sweet review!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you, Jen 😄

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace Excellent review, Mel! It sounds like quite a journey. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cyndi Great review!! I did not guess the ending at all when I read this book. Huge surprise!

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥ Poor you! No snacks sounds like it was very detailed. *lol* Your positive Review made me curious about this book, maybe sooner or later it will end up on my tbr-pile! XD Great review, Melissa! =)

Katie I love this book, and I am so glad that you liked it too!

message 7: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fab review, babe! Hope you enjoy the next book as well! 💛

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic This looks like a great book to read for Halloween. Amazing review as always lovely, Mel 😘💕

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

message 10: by Fran (new)

Fran Mel.........an excellent review. I can see how Audrey ruined your snack!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Candace wrote: "Excellent review, Mel! It sounds like quite a journey. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Cyndi wrote: "Great review!! I did not guess the ending at all when I read this book. Huge surprise!"

Thank you hon 💕😊. I didn't guess the end for sure. I did guess the Ripper early on but I'm not the only one and I'm sure not very smart! Lol

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Virginia wrote: "Poor you! No snacks sounds like it was very detailed. *lol* Your positive Review made me curious about this book, maybe sooner or later it will end up on my tbr-pile! XD Great review, Melissa! =)"

Thank you doll 💕😊 I hope you enjoyed it if you get to it ❤️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Katie wrote: "I love this book, and I am so glad that you liked it too!"

Yay! I'm glad you did and thank you 💕😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Nazanin wrote: "Fab review, babe! Hope you enjoy the next book as well! 💛"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Beatrice wrote: "This looks like a great book to read for Halloween. Amazing review as always lovely, Mel 😘💕"

Thank you sweet, B. 😊💕😘 Yes, I guess it would be 😄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin A Bald Mage** wrote: "Wow what a picture that is👍 and what a great review 👏 I'm on my knees bowing to your greatness my dear Mel🙇"

You silly bean 😄 Thank you sweetheart 😊💕

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Fran wrote: "Mel.........an excellent review. I can see how Audrey ruined your snack!"

message 19: by Stefan Bach (new)

Stefan Bach Great review Mel! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you doll 😄

message 21: by Ida (new) - added it

Ida This book just ended up on my tbr-list because of your great review! Sounds like a cool story :D

message 22: by Skyler (new)

Skyler Autumn Ooooo great Review! I really want to read this book now : )

message 23: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Melissa! :)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Mel! I'm smiling about you and your snack, too! Happy you found a new series to love! (Sounds a little too graphic for wimpy me!). Xo 😘

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Ida wrote: "This book just ended up on my tbr-list because of your great review! Sounds like a cool story :D"

Awwww, yay! 😄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Skyler wrote: "Ooooo great Review! I really want to read this book now : )"

Thank you hon 💕😊 I hope you like it when you do!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Candace wrote: "Great review, Melissa! :)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Mel! I'm smiling about you and your snack, too! Happy you found a new series to love! (Sounds a little too graphic for wimpy me!). Xo 😘"

Haha, thank you sweet, Jen 💕😊 xoxo 😘

message 29: by Candi (new)

Candi Awesome review, Mel! I have this book on my list, and I hope I remember not to munch and read at the same time when I get to it, lol!

Svetlana Melissa, I am so so pleased you liked this one! 💙 I thought the ending was good too. The bit about keeping the mother alive was so creepy, I remember reading alone in my room at night and feeling scared 😂
I hope you enjoy the sequel too! I've heard a lot of fantastic things about it. Great review xx

message 31: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Fab review Melissa, you can start snacking again! Lol

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Candi wrote: "Awesome review, Mel! I have this book on my list, and I hope I remember not to munch and read at the same time when I get to it, lol!"

Lol =D I hope you remember not to either! Thank you sweets =) xo

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Svetlana wrote: "Melissa, I am so so pleased you liked this one! 💙 I thought the ending was good too. The bit about keeping the mother alive was so creepy, I remember reading alone in my room at night and feeling s..."

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Maureen wrote: "Fab review Melissa, you can start snacking again! Lol"

Bwhaahahah! That's so funny as I am while writing this =D xo

message 35: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Excellent review Melissa!🤗

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you doll 😄

message 37: by j e w e l s (new)

j e w e l s hehe Melissa! love your reviews...snack away, girl!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Bwhahah =) thank you

message 39: by Mackey (new)

Mackey Fabulous review Melissa!!

Norma * Traveling Sister Great review, Melissa! 🤗

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Mackey wrote: "Fabulous review Melissa!!"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Norma wrote: "Great review, Melissa! 🤗"

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Melissa😉

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you doll 💕😊

AHeartFullOfBooks❣️ Great review👌🏻

message 46: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Wonderful review, Mel! "And I knew who the Ripper was in the first few chapters." and you still rated it 4 Stars - so the story must be a really good one! So glad you enjoyed it!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Nagham46 wrote: "Great review👌🏻"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Cheri wrote: "Wonderful review, Mel! "And I knew who the Ripper was in the first few chapters." and you still rated it 4 Stars - so the story must be a really good one! So glad you enjoyed it!"

Thank you dear, Cheri 💕😊. Yeah, it doesn't bother me if I know who the killer is, I'm interested in the tale 😊 xo

message 49: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Fab review, Melissa! I really need to read this one.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweets and yes you do! 💕😊