Start by marking “The Obsession (The Obsession, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Obsession (The Obsession, #1)

The Obsession

(The Obsession #1)

A classic sort of love story... except somebody might wind up dead.

Nobody knows Delilah like Logan does. Nobody. He makes sure of it by learning everything he can through her social media and watching her through a hidden camera he has trained on her house. Some might call him a stalker. Logan prefers to be called “romantic.”

But after Logan sees Delilah killing her abusive
Expected publication: February 2nd 2021 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Obsession

A ​Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. MaasWings of Ebony by J.  ElleUntitled by Sarah J. MaasWe Free the Stars by Hafsah FaizalAll the Tides of Fate by Adalyn  Grace
YA Novels of 2021
624 books — 1,029 voters
Wings of Ebony by J.  ElleGirls at the Edge of the World by Laura Brooke RobsonLike A Love Song by Gabriela MartinsWitches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon SmartThe Summer of Lost Letters by Hannah   Reynolds
YA Debuts 2021
49 books — 160 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Obsession (The Obsession, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
“You” meets “Pretty Little Liars” with a little Weeds and Killing Eve vibes!

It’s heart pounding, exciting, fast pacing, riveting one sit read with two very disturbed and batshit crazy narrators!

Poor Logan, obsessive, stalker, fully committed, dreamy boyfriend is so unlucky in love. He is hot, popular, lacrosse team player who can date any girl he wants but his girlfriend choices couldn’t be so wrong!

First she fell hard for Sophie who treated like him like turd on her shoes, rejecting his pure
Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Ex-squeeze me. Why do I keep seeing promo ads for this book when it’s not arriving until 2021?!? What kind of tease is that!?! The synopsis is so good. I needdddd it.

Who do I have to beg for an ARC? 😬👏🏽
konstantina  avouri
Do you have an unhealthy obsession with female killers or are you normal
Marochka
7/10
Amber
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg...this one is good.
Logan is kind of obsessive about the girls that he likes. It all started with Sophie, he fell for her hard. She didn't have the same feelings for him as he did her, but that's just the beginning. He started stalking her and becoming obsessed with her but, when she died of an overdose he left school and had a hard time with it. Now, with that chapter of his life closed he sets his eyes on Delilah. He starts watching her and when he sees how her stepfather and cop Brandon t
Nicole
Check this one out for sure—it is deliciously creepy. I haven’t read many YA thrillers that gripped me, but The Obsession sucked me in and kept me up late reading. Without spoiling anything: Boy meets girl. Boy stalks girl. Boy sees girl kill someone. Boy blackmails girl into dating him and does not ease up on the stalking thing. Girl fights back.

The story is told in alternating perspectives, Logan’s and Delilah’s, and it was one of my favorite kinds of tales—the kind where I don’t know who to r
casandra
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I went into this expecting mentally deranged characters and some eerie fucked up plotline. Fortunately, I got that, and comedy! This book was fun, undeniably so. I found myself laughing out loud at a lot of the passages. The story tackled heavy situations, scary ones at that, but the author excelled in making them funny and light despite the bleakness of what's happening. Exhibit A would be me laughing while someone is about to get murdered.

I love the main characters and I really appreciate this
Jenni
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Faith
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my GOD. I did NOT see that whole twist coming. I am still floored by everything I expected from this book and then what this book actually turned out to be. I just!!!

The writing is so taut and the characters practically walk off the page, they're so realistic. Both Logan and Delilah are so intriguing and whenever each POV chapter ended, I'm like, "OH NO!!" because I want to know more about what they're doing, but then I get sucked into the other person's POV and then I'm like, NOOO I want to
Shireen Hakim
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
You meets Gossip Girl.
A fun read! Great plot and pacing.
I didn't connect with the female lead however.

Tilly Latimer
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's a pacey, twisty thriller with enough plot twists to keep your attention all the way through. The characterisation of the two protagonists is perfect, with neither being quite what they seem. Highly recommend.
Jackie
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, thriller
If you’re a fan of Netflix’s “You” this is the perfect read to make it through the covid hiatus.

“The Obsession” tells the twisted story of Logan, a handsome young man overcome with grief after losing the girl he loved when he runs into Delilah a shy girl with secrets of her own and it’s not long before unhealthy dynamics take over and both must decide how far they’re willing to go for love.

Let me start with what didn’t work because it’s really only a pacing issue in that the events of the book
Kimberly
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay seriously I can't even.

I can't even.

OMG what did I just read? A whole bunch of awesome that's what.

Our boy Logan here, can get any girl he wants. Or so everyone thinks. No one realizes that Logan is a little, well...

Our girl Delilah though, she knows. She knows because Logan has his gaze fixed on her. And he's not going to get her go.

Not unless she makes him.

I really can't give anything away because I don't want to ruin the book but let me just say that it is so much friggin fun. Logan is
Abby
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
DenizenZhao
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phewwwwwww. Where do I start with this? I'll start with what drew me in: the voice. Even though Logan is obviously disturbed, I couldn't stop reading his thoughts. He's such an amazing character. He immediately sucked me in and I even found myself hoping he wouldn't get found out, and then I'm like, "Wtf? Why am I rooting for the stalker?" This definitely reminded me of YOU in the best way. Actually, I would say it's like YOU, but with a feminist twist.

I found Delilah less interesting than Loga
Kanita
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend. Even with the dark subject matter, the book was funny and fun with fast pacing and tension throughout. I loved Delilah's journey and her character evolution, even when--no, especially when she would make questionable decisions. When you think you know where the story is going, Delilah takes the wheel and drives you down a path you weren't expecting. I would've loved to know a little bit more about Logan's past, but he was still a worthy and hate-a ...more
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-mt-bookpile
Who among us hasn't wanted to know everything there is to know about our current crush? And in this online age, it's so much easier, right? Of course, it could be perceived as going a little overboard when you buy all the books your crush reads... learn to cook their favorite foods... plant a camera outside their house. All that and more happens here, with Logan stalking Delilah and then blackmailing her into a relationship. There's a twist at the end I didn't quite anticipate (I thought it was ...more
Lillian
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’d like to thank NetGalley for sending me an arc of this book :)

The obsession reminded me a lot of ‘you’, but I enjoyed it for different reasons. I loved reading about a strong female protagonist who wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. Her background and character was very well rounded, and despite her flaws she was a very likeable character.

I don’t want to give too much away, but the plot blew me away. The ending left me wanting more, and I absolutely can’t wait for the next book. I would
Mia
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘌𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘙𝘊 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸!

This is such thrilling and great read about obsession.
Logan is kind of one note, he remind me of Joe from YOU, but real star of book is Delilah, her point of view chapters are fascinating.

The character development had just the depth needed to understand Delilah and Logan relationships.
Sutanto's writing is extremely accessible and fast paced
I like the way the the book ended because i
Chris Asylum bookstore
I enjoyed this book however I do think more could have been done to improve the story as not much really happened of shock value between Logan and Delilah it felt a little short at times. I also feel more twists could have been added to the Sophie part of the story as I was always expecting a huge shock but it never came. The ending was solid but did feel rushed. Overall it kept me interested and I look forward to reading more from Jesse.
Tina
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
What a great, scary and totally engrossing read.

None of the characters are likeable and I do mean none, but somehow it just added to the storyline.

Dee and her mom seem to share bad luck when it comes to men, but what follows was so well written and thought out. I could not put this book down.

Loved everything about it. One small comment, the author relied on the "she looked in his eyes and knew" trap once too often. There is no way someone can pick up on "subtle" eye and mood movements so much.

Ot
AF
Nov 30, 2020 added it
This was a wild ride of a book! It is super fast-paced and really grips you from the start. It did get a little uneven in pacing in the middle, but brings it back in the end! I loved that there were so many layers and unknowns to each character. When Delilah showed her true self, she was unstoppable.

I think this will be a great read for anyone who likes thrillers, psychological dramas, and morally grey characters!
Belle Ellrich
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
[RTC]
Caroline Craig David
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be pretty predictable but it was still very good. I enjoyed the entire premise and I appreciate how fast-paced it was. I am interested to see what #2 will be like.
Madison
Nov 21, 2020
Emma Kress
Apr 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Castle School (for Troubled Girls)
  • Beach Read
  • Revenge of the Sluts
  • Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)
  • The Sea Is Salt and So Am I
  • The Wide Starlight
  • Wow, No Thank You.
  • Namesake (Fable, #2)
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Grace Year
  • Made in Korea
  • Lies Like Poison
  • Blood Like Magic (Blood Like Magic, #1)
  • These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)
  • Even If We Break
  • Clues to the Universe
Jesse Q Sutanto grew up shuttling back and forth between Jakarta and Singapore and sees both cities as her homes. She has a Masters degree from Oxford University, though she has yet to figure out a way of saying that without sounding obnoxious. She is currently living back in Jakarta on the same street as her parents and about seven hundred meddlesome aunties. When she's not tearing out her hair o ...more

The Obsession (2 books)