Start by marking “Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)” as Want to Read:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  135,946 Ratings  ·  20,020 Reviews
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as L
Published November 10th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.
Amanda NO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the…moreNO! Cinder is Cinderella, Kai is the Cinderella Prince, Cress is Rapunzel, Thorne is Eugene (Tangled) or the prince that saves Rapunzel from the tower, Scarlet is Red Riding Hood, Wolf is the wolf in Red Riding Hood and Iko does not belong to any of these fairy tail but she is... the most cool and beautiful android in New Beijing! The only characters from Snow White are Jacin (Prince Charming), Winter (Snow White)and Levana (The Evil Queen, the fairest of them all)
Oh, and NO!, EVEN IF WINTER IS BASED OFF FROM SNOW WHITE IT DOESNT MEAN THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE THE 7 DWARFS, DONT YOU DARE DEMEAN AND DEGRADE THEM LIKE THAT! Sorry, I love the Lunar Chronicles and I just want other people to respect them as I do. I am a full time fangirl, if you are one too, you will understand the pain of disrespectfulness to our fandoms. Dont feel offended!(less)
Kameron B. Moore The page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is…moreThe page number listed there is not accurate: it's an approximation based on her previous books. On her blog, Marissa Meyer has stated that WINTER is the biggest book out of them all, and she won't reveal how big until closer to the publication date. Also, page number has nothing to do with how slow or fast something is published: it is based on the author and the publisher's release schedule. Hope this helped!(less)

Emily May
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“She was prettier than a bouquet of roses and crazier than a headless chicken. Fitting in was not an option.”

And... I've finished! *sob*

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of Lunar Chronicles. After finally giving in and picking up Scarlet, even though I hated Cinder, I just haven't been able to get enough of this series. And this longass final installment was a heart-pounding, fast-paced finale.

You know, I actually checked and this is the longest YA book I have ever read at over 820 page
Dana
Apr 13, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
*Sees release date*

Kat O'Keeffe
THIS WAS AMAZING! It was exactly what I wanted from a series finale--epic, intense, emotional, and satisfying! Just like with the previous books, I loved the world, the characters, the story, and the writing. This is one of my favorite series of all time, and I'm so so happy with this beautiful conclusion!

If you like sci-fi, fairy tale retellings, or you just want to read an epic & satisfying series--YOU NEED THE LUNAR CHRONICLES IN YOUR LIFE!
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I’m going to miss these little train wrecks.
I’m going to miss the banter between Cinder and Thorne.
I’m going to miss all the relationships & friendships.
I’m going to miss my sassy queen Iko.
I'm going to miss this series so much. AHHH.
THIS IS ALL JUST SO BITTERSWEET. WOW.

UPDATE - Full video review here: https://youtu.be/KIcWKgTN294
Christine Riccio
WHAT A FANTASTIC FINALE!!!!!! I LOVED IT. HERE'S My full review/ discusison booktalk! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaaxw...
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
After finishing the last page, I got a little teary. From finishing not only a fantastic book, but also one of my favourite series. I don't really know what to do now...
Angela
*** MARISSA MEYER IS FINISHED WITH WINTER!! ***

TEASERS (from Marissa Meyer's Twitter):

She screamed like a thousand birds were picking at her flesh.
She screamed like the palace was burning down around her.

“Hold these wires and make sure they don’t touch.”
“What happens if they touch?”
“The ship will probably self-destruct.”

She was going to have to train herself not to stare at him quite as often as she was used to. That would be no easy task.

“May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappropriat
Etnik
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WINTER IS GOALS.LOVED EVERY SECOND SPENT READING THIS.A MASTERPIECE.
Kayla
Marissa Meyer in Interview: (paraphrased)

"Winter decided not to use her Lunar gift. She experiences bad hallucinations and her mental state is deteriorating."

ME:

description

Winter is going to be such an interesting character I'm so excited!

After Reading Cress

So, without too many spoilers, I'm just going to leave this little exchange here:

Winter: "You shouldn't call me crazy. They don't like that."

Other Character: "But you are!"

Winter: "I know that I am. Do you know how I know? Because the walls of t
Katerina
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Once Upon a Time, there was a lonely girl who dreamed too much. Her name was Katerina. She used to gaze at the sky and observe the faint light of the moon. One night, she watched a falling star and made a wish. She wished that she would belong. Escape. Travel. Feel. Little did she know that her heart's desire was about to be granted. For when the star landed on Earth, it took a woman's form. In some stories they call her the fairy g
Zoë
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

A great conclusion for such a wonderful series! A TAD underwhelmed by the ending, but it was action packed and all of my little babies ended up where I wanted them, so I'm happy!
Steph Sinclair
I just love how Snow White will be a person of color. Totally wasn't expecting that. Is it Winter yet?
William
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
AFTER READING
I write this review 3 months after finishing the book to give me the space to think about why I was so disappointed by this book so much. This review is definitely not representative of the majority opinion, and one I never expected to hold before reading this book. Don't get me wrong though. I was SO EXCITED for this book as it was the conclusion to what is a wonderful series. Maybe I was expecting too much, or perhaps I have changed as a person since reading the first three books,
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
RE-READ AUDIO 2017. This narrator nailed it! 💕

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER! I was so happy with the way this book went and the way it ended. Well, one part made me sad. There were parts that I wanted to yell, throw things, hulk smash, off with heads and so forth and so on, but I digress. I don't want to give out any kind of spoilers since so many people are reading this book right now or are going to be reading. So, this review is going to be filled with some e
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I've been a champion of THE LUNAR CHRONICLES for years now. I saw CINDER featured for months and months on Fantastic Fiction (b/c before I started using Goodreads), and I was simultaneously intrigued and horrified by the concept of a sci-fi YA retelling of a fairy tale. Honestly, I don't remember what finally convinced me to pick it up. I was just glad I did.

Now I'm not so sure. The first two books were fantastic, and while I wasn’t quite as fond of the third, it wasn’t
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
3.75* if I'm being specific
I really enjoyed this, it was a great action packed conclusion but boy was it long. It kind of felt like the same thing over and over again after a while. Honestly I wish Fairest hadn't happened and this had been split into 2 books instead. The ending was meh but overall this was a very enjoyable series!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING
Natalie Monroe

"I can't believe this is happening. I can't fight like this, or start a revolution, or be a queen. I can't do anything like this. I'm literally broken."

Iko settled a hand on Cinder's shoulder. "Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable."

Winter isn't perfect. Marissa Meyer has some very big shoes to fill. Expectations are high, fans are passionate... but I do feel she left us with a largely satisfying ending.

I know what a lot of non-readers are wondering: does it drag? Surprisingly,
Darth J
Stars Above
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress

This finale to the Lunar Chronicles finds Cinder on a mission to take her rightful place on the throne of Luna, as she is the lost princess Selene.

Winter faces a major pacing problem. It's over 800 pages and a lot of it is just blah blah. It reminds me of a video game with too many tedious side quests and overlong cutscenes that you can't skip through. While there's plenty of action, the meat to garnish ratio here is not filling
Kimberly
Feb 18, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OHMYGREATLUNARFEELINGS.

I just finished Cress ten minutes ago.

During the ten minutes after I had finished Cress:

How I feel when I see the release date for Winter:

HOW SHALL I MAKE IT?

O, Jacin and Winter, I await greedily.

Come to mama

Oh please I'm dying.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

Please give me this book lest I turn into a crazed and handsome half wolf, half lunar rabid warrior. Nothing will stand between me and my Alpha my Scarlet my book. There will be no mercy unless my demands are remedied.

Of course, if yo
Danielle (Love at First Page)
That's how you end a series. I am in love!

A star for each one of my ships:
*Scarlet & Wolf, forever my favorites. They, I think, have had the roughest journey of all, but they're love also seems the strongest. They never waver, especially in this book.
*Cress & Thorne, who fully stole my heart in Winter. They are adorable beyond words, and so very, very perfect for each other.
*Winter & Jacin, with their childhood love turned into something far fiercer and truer. They are each other's
Kai
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Broken isn't the same as unfixable.”

A grand finale!

This had everything I'm looking for in a conclusion of a series. Everyone got a satisfying and even happily ever after. Satisfying is actually the best word to describe this novel. Often the last installment of a good series is a let-down ( End of Days or Clockwork Princess).
But this one had it all: suspense, romance and diversity (even though I really missed glbt-characters).
Great world-building and character-depth. Feminism.

I am very thankfu
Maureen
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS DON'T TOUCH ME RIGHT NOW.
I really really loved this book. The character interactions were ON POINT as always. I love this cast of characters so so much and I care SO MUCH ABOUT THEM.
World building - YAS. I loved reading about Luna and picturing everything, especially the throne room
I can't really totally give it a 5 stars because it just felt so long and like so many things happened at the beginning that there wasn't really a climax - that being said, it was really
Dorreh
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No one touch me, I'm very fragile right now!!!

Oh my Gaaawwwwddddddd

What was that?! What splendid tragically heartbreaking exhilarating heart warming masterpiece of a conclusion was that?

Okay, deeeeeeppp breaths.........

Now to begin my review; first of all 823 pages of a story it was indeed. This was easily two books fit into one. Secondly they all finally got their happily ever afters, so I'm a messy ball of goo right now.

The book started of with a slightly slower pace, then elevated slowly as
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Solid 4.5 STARS.

“Do me a favor, Princess.
The next time someone says they're going to kill you,
don't just let them.”

I finished this! Again.
They left me. Again.
It's a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I am completely satisfied with how Meyer decided to tie things up, but then on the other, i wouldn't have minded another book. Things felt a little rushed at times?

The only complaint I have is Thorne and Cress's relationship. It feels wrong? I don't know about you guys but Cress is like a ch
Jessica
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
So PERFECT! This will always be one of my favorite series!
Highly recommend if you love fairy tale retellings or sci fi!Full discussion with spoilers will be written tomorrow! Its late!
alyssa ♛
Buddy Reading the fourth and final book of the Lunar Chronicles with none other than Blue Boo Bear <3

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Dystopian, action, adventure, fairytale-retelling, and romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: YES!
Will I reread this book?: Definitely!
Overall story summed up in one word: Jacin-tastic!

This book was everything I expected it to be! From beginning
shady boots | #20gayteen
4.5 stars. Satisfying ending, great series overall. Had fun.
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 Stars. My heart is happy. This series is precious.

First off, the plot of this book was pretty nuts - packed to the brim with action. Completely wild and stressful. I was in CONSTANT worry about all my little book darlings. Honestly there were very few dull moments.

Is it completely contradictory for me to say this book was light and sweet but also intense and full of feels?

Winter + Jacin
Alright, I’m probably in the minority on this one. I wasn’t as attached to them as I was the other char
Fables&Wren
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

This is one of the hardest reviews for me to write. I have so many feelings and even after a week of finishing it, I still don't know where to begin or how to gather my thoughts into actual words. So here is me trying my best.

It was absolutely wonderful. This whole universe that Marissa Meyers morphed into her own is wonderful. Cyborgs, moon-people with brain manipulation (that is actually more scientific than magic) and the fight for the throne. That's what it boils down to, r
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Princess of the Silver Woods ( The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #3)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)
  • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
  • The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable.” 863 likes
“Did you see any rice in there? Maybe we could fill Cinder's head with it."

Everyone stared at him.

"You know, to...absorb the moisture, or something. Isn't that a thing?"

"We're not putting rice in my head.”
517 likes