Start by marking “Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)

Water & Storm Country

(Country Saga #3)

Huck Jones, the son of the admiral of the Soaker fleet, has a legacy to live up to. Haunted by the distorted memories of his mother's untimely death, he must face his demons and the man who raised him as he strives to take the courageous step forward into manhood. When he's transferred to the worst-performing ship in the fleet, everything he believes is called into questio ...more
380 pages
Published June 6th 2013 (first published May 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Water & Storm Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water & Storm Country

Karen’s Library
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

In this final episode of the Country Saga, we head to the land of the Soakers and the Stormers. Huck is the son of the admiral in the Soaker fleet, and this book opens with his coming of age as a Lieutenant in the Soaker fleet; and Sadie is to be a legendary Rider of the Stormers. Both of these strong characters tell their stories as each country wages war against the other.

Once again, I read this book with extreme emotions runn
David Estes
Mar 12, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2013-dystopian
Water & Storm Country is OUT!! The third installment in The Country Saga is full of action, humor, twists and suspense! I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it :) And remember, to get ready for The Earth Dwellers which comes out on September 5th, I highly recommending reading the entire Dwellers and Country Sagas first, here's a complete listing:

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2) by David Estes The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers, #3) by David Estes Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1) by David Estes Ice Country (The Country Saga, #2) by David Estes Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3) by David Estes

You can find all my books on Kindle here, or anywhere ebooks are sold or in paperback on Amazon.com. Thanks for all your i
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Very Nice
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: I enjoyed it
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Seeking parental approval while trying to be you
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Huck

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
David delivers as usual. This story is engaging, tugging at our most vulnerable heartstrings. Who doesn’t seek the approval of a parent or guardian? His brilliance is wrapping a story around it that’s not only interesting but unique. I love to fall
Kerri
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AHH THE FINAL COUNTRY SAGA BOOK! YAYYY! :) so this is an advanced review, because i am a beta reader for dave, but i'm giving y'all a bit of a sneak peek (not really, but kinda. wow im so vague ignore me lol)

this final installment puts us in the mind of not one, but TWO narrators. Huck is an admirals son in the Water Country (basically the ocean), and Sadie is the daughter of a warrior and a wise man in the Storm Country (coastal area frequented by violent storms).

Huck is made lieutenant on one
Daniel
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it

Plot- 8.5/10
Characters- 8.5/10
Writing- 9/10
World Building- 9/10

TOTAL- 8.7/10

Quickie Review- Things are really heating up in this series. Water and Storm Country was another superb book from David Estes. We were introduced to two MORE new characters- Huck and Sadie. I've noticed that the general plotline was very similar to Ice Country, in that it went from introduction of new characters, to them finding out about the world's secrets, to them meeting the characters of the previous instal
kynndra-jo
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
NOT SPOILER FREE

/loud wailing in the distance/ This HAS to be my favorite book so far by David Estes. Everything I tell you, EVERYTHING was amazing about this book (almost everything). This was the cherry on top of the cake, the peanut butter to my jelly of a book. I adored most of characters in this book. The story was magnificent and I can only say one bad thing about the book - it was to short!

I LOVED Huck - he started out as this puppet of a boy, who followed his fathers every request to th
Martha
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If there were any doubts as to who is my favorite Indie Author, there aren't any now! Estes keeps on amazing, from page to page!

Dear Indie Authors of the world, David Estes has raised the bar on SPECTACULAR books! This book is just barely there (such a small distance) of winning my favorite Estes book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sadie and Huck! Such incredible characters that you can see grow so much from chapter to chapter! Strong Sadie who knows what its takes to be a great warrior and the ever Just Huc
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
I would like to thank David so much for asking me to be a beta reader for this most awesome book. I am totally honored that he would trust my opinion enough to allow me to see the book before it was finished. Let me tell you that you would never know it was a beta version. David is so clean with his editing it is a total pleasure to beta read anything he writes! Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Huck Jones, the son of the admiral of t
Think
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What else is there to say? I think I have used every adjective I can think of that is worthy of a David Estes novel! Oh well, I will still give it a go...

Every time David has a new book that I get my hands on, I know deep in my gut that it will be a wild ride. I also know that an Estes book will reignite my love for reading. I know that may sound odd to you, but it seems like right when I am burned out David delivers another brilliant work to light a fire under my ass and remind me how amazing b
Karen’s Library
I just finished the audio having read this in print the first time. The performances of Kate Rudd as Sadie, Kirby Heybourne as Huck, and Khristine Hvam back as Siena (which seriously made me so happy!! And extremely emotional in Siena's first chapter!!). I'm a huge fan of both Kristine and Kate! This was my first time listening to Kirby and he was great as Huck. All 3 really captured the essence of their characters.

Jenny
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great David Estes read! I just love this world and this series, and each book seems to get better and better!

The world building in this one was fantastic. I was just absorbed in it. The wild and stormy ocean and shores, the ships and life aboard them, and the beautiful and crazy war horses--just amazing! I so wanted to be a part of all this, even though it was so wild and dangerous. Maybe because it was wild and dangerous.

This one is a dual POV between Sadie and Huck. Sadie is a Stormer
Jessie
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I enjoyed Fire Country and Ice Country so much, I couldn't wait for the third book to come out. Little did I know, it was already published, something I didn't learn until recently. As soon as I discovered I could purchase it, I did, and began reading it as soon as I possibly could. I finished it within eight hours because it was so good, I couldn't put it down.

I had thought this was the last book in the series, but I was wrong. There's another book that not only finished this series, but it al
Marni
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wish to thank the author, David Estes, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Yes, I did buy it too, but I always do with this author!

This book had me going back and forth. When I saw that it was for both the Water and Storm countries, I wasn’t sure how well it would be. David has always done so well with sticking to one country or area so well that I was really looking forward to two separate books. I blocked that from my mind while I started and tried to
Lola
I got a copy for beta read and an honest review. As my review is based on the beta read it may be even better now!

As soon as I got this for Beta read I immediately wanted to start reading it. I quickly finished my current read, because I had to read this book. The next day I ended up staying up late to finish this book and from 40% in I didn’t put it down and finished the rest in one sitting (I even got an achievement from my Kobo for reading 2 hours in a row).

Water&Storm Country starts off
Cheer Papworth
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, ya
FIVE STARS!!! David Estes had done it again, writing another brilliant book that stirs up a myriad of emotions (including tears) and makes me blissfully content at the conclusion. It is truly mind boggling to me that his writing has gotten better, because it is oh so good, but it really has! The vivid imagery of the Soaker's life at sea that David created simply swept me away in the first few chapters. There's a poetic quality to this book and yet it is not just stuffed with monotonous adjective ...more
Amanda Perry
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hmm where to start... This may be my favorite of Estes books yet. It was brilliant and magnificent and I loved it and I loved the soakers especially , Those parts were particularly well written...I felt like I was there on that ship with Huck & Cain. I could practically smell the salt water and feel the ocean breeze ( and that has nothing to do with the fact that I live 4blocks from the ocean in NJ) The book drew you in instantly and never once let you go. It was well worth the wait. I cried ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookgasm

Change is upon them. It's more than war, it's a fight against justice, bringing peace between the regions and questioning what you thought you knew... And what the reality of the new world is.

War is just a prelude to bigger things to come.

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of David Estes and both the Dwellers and Country saga series. Like so many who were giddy over The Hunger Games series, I've never been able to fill that void... Until David came along.
Jenny
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The more I read David Estes books, the more I love them! Once again, a book that did not fail to keep me entertained til the last minute.

Overview: Read Estes write up on his books. I don't ever want to give to much away. As a reader, I want to just tell you all about the books and series.

Characters: Once again you experience two new characters in this book. Huck the son of the Soaker Admiral, and Sadie, a soon to be Rider for the Stormers. You see these two characters struggle to discover their
Sheree Bonita
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to give this book a four star from the beginning of the book just because of all the perfect little romances that just magically all work out. EVERY book has a romance where against all odds, two people come together and become the perfect couple -- and I HATE that. Alas, I could not go with the 4 star review because it wasn't a four star.

It took me a bit to really get into the book (I blame Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, which I was 50% done with at the time of this start) but
Patrick
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
By far this is Estes best book. I have mentioned in previous reviews that I have favored the "Country Saga" over the "Dweller Saga." If there are any Dweller fans who are on the fence about picking up the sister series, go ahead and do it! Not only is it great but you'll be tickled to find the amount of detail that has gone into this particular book to help weave all of them together. It makes you feel like you are on the inside.

I really like books that bring a number of different stories from
Courtney Robichaux
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved this book. Each book in the Dwellers and Country Saga has me reaching for the next one in the series and now there's only one left. I cannot believe this crazy journey will be all over soon :-( but I've enjoyed the heck out of it! Now on to this specific book...

Both of the main characters are young and seeking the approval of their parents. Sadie wants to make her mother proud and become a fierce Rider while Huck wants to be a strong leader like his father, the Admiral. Every c
Jessica Carroll (Novel Words by Jessica)
Water and Storm Country by David Estes is the third amazing book in the Country Saga. Like Fire Country and Ice Country this book exceeded my expectations and only a skilled writer, like Mr. Estes, could pull off an imaginative & detailed storyline with a smooth delivery of a complex POV dialogue. The main characters, Huck & Sadie, have amazing "book chemistry" and their journey to find the truth as to why their nations are at war with each other will leave you feeling like you've just r ...more
Morgan
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So another whirlwind story that leaves you wide-eyed, breathless, and hungry for more. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with these books. I love every word of them, but I hate when it ends. I am seriously having anxiety about there being only one more book!

In all seriousness, this book is interesting and well-written. I appreciate how easy it is to slip into the story and to feel the characters in your bones. One of my favorite series of all time and certainly worth a read.
Elisa
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous story by David Estes! I really liked the dual perspectives in this installment of the country books. Huck is my favorite character yet! He had so many inner battles to deal with and unlike the other characters, he really didn't have any friends to help him cope with his crappy situation/father.

I cannot wait to see how everything blends together in the Earth Dwellers!
Nadia
David Estes delivers, once again, so thank you sir for that. Compared to the last one (The 2nd installment), this one was legendary (No waiting period required).

Loved all the characters. The switching POV kept me at the edge of the seat, specially during the later chapters.

One downside though, the romance. EVERYONE has someone, like why?
Peg
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Third book in a series. I keep getting sucked into these young-adult novels. This one isn't bad, although most of the characters are a bit one-dimensional. They are fast reads, and interesting premise about impact of a culture's physical environment on the culture.
Mary
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
love love loved this story!! the writing is flawless! Good job David *high fives*
Bec
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another amazing Country Saga story. I loved how there were two seemingly separate stories from the points of view of Sadie and Huck and then they merged together, and then merged with our friends from Fire Country and Ice Country and is all set up for the big finale in Earth Dwellers!! I can't wait. There are a lot of terrible leaders in these countries and it was great to see how Sadie and Huck developed along the way. This is one you won't want to miss.
Katie.g
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easily one of my favourite David Estes books to date. There’s something about a people who like to ride wild horses in a stormy country and people living an almost pirate-like lifestyle on a ship.

I also really liked Huck and Sadie. They are some of my favourite characters in the series. I liked them better than Siena and Dazz in the previous novels and I really enjoyed their stories.

Sadie wants to be a rider like her mother but she has so much contempt for her father, a so-called wise man who l
Nancy
So it's come to this. Once again, I gush about how awesome David's writing is, how great he is at storytelling. Only this time, I also plead with him to hurry up and get the final book out. Seriously, David, I don't wanna wait till September. I...I just can't wait that long...

Water & Storm Country, the third book in the Country Saga, uses alternating viewpoints to tell the stories of Huck, a Soaker from Water Country, and Sadie, a future Rider from Storm Country. Huck must live up to his Ad
David Estes Fans ...: June 2013 BOTM- Water & Storm Country 8 37 Jun 24, 2013 01:21PM
David Estes Fans ...: Water & Storm Country Blog Blast! 19 26 Jun 09, 2013 06:29AM

• Worlds Collide (Sunset Rising, #2)
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Lastland (The War of Princes, #4)
  • The Stone of Darkness (Dragonslayer, #3)
  • Released (The Nogiku series, #2)
  • The Handler (Mindjack Origins, #2)
  • The Wall (The Woodlands, #2)
  • Haven (Apocalypsis, #4)
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • The Defiance (Brilliant Darkness, #2)
  • After the Fear
  • The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales, #4)
  • Darla's Story (Ashfall, #0.5)
  • Thorns (The Frost Chronicles, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
Get a FREE short story from David Estes' #1 Amazon bestselling epic fantasy series, Fatemarked, when you sign up for his mailing list: https://www.subscribepage.com/b2v6v3

David Estes has written more than 30 science fiction and fantasy books. He loves chatting with his readers, all of whom he considers to be his friends. David lives in Hawaii with his beautiful Aussie wife, Adele, his asthmatic ca

Country Saga (4 books)
  • Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1)
  • Ice Country (The Country Saga, #2)
  • The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )
“Mourn not for me, but for the loss of my father, for today the world has given back someone who cannot be replaced. I” 0 likes
“them” 0 likes