Start by marking “No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7)” as Want to Read:
No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7)

No Humans Involved

(Otherworld #7)

In her acclaimed Women of the Otherworld series, bestselling author Kelley Armstrong creates a present day in which humans unwittingly coexist with werewolves, witches, and other supernatural beings. Now, in this spellbinding new novel, a beautiful necromancer who can see ghosts must come to terms with her power—and with an evil she never thought possible.

It’s the most
Published February 26th 2008 by Bantam Spectra (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about No Humans Involved, please sign up.
Sam I really loved it. It was an entertaining supernatural story that was just fun to explore. Diving into Jaime's life was super interesting and I was so…moreI really loved it. It was an entertaining supernatural story that was just fun to explore. Diving into Jaime's life was super interesting and I was so excited to finally get to read about Jeremy. I honestly wish they had more books about the two of them like Elena and Clay. (less)

Start your review of No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7)
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[4.5/5 stars] Color me surprised – I think this was my favorite installment since the first book!

I wasn’t even sure I liked Jamie (the POV) when I met her early on in the series. She’s a slightly off-beat character who wasn’t introduced in the most flattering light, but as the series progressed, she’s slowly become one of the most interesting characters of the lot. I think the fact that she started out slightly unlikable has made it more profound for me to have such a turnaround of opinion. It a
Woman Reading
3.5 ☆

No Humans Involved is the only installment in the Otherworld series featuring Jaime Vega, so it can be read as a standalone. Necromancer Jaime makes a living off of her magical ability. She has parlayed her ability to contact the dead into minor celebrity fame. At the wrong side of 40, she has landed a gig as one of three spiritualists trying to raise the ghost of Marilyn Monroe for a reality TV show. Unlike her fellow two co-stars, Jaime is a real ghost whisperer.
My Nan raised me t
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I liked this quite a bit, but it's a letdown from Men of the Otherworld, which is why it wasn't a four star read for me. Of course, the more Jeremy, the better, and Jamie is such a good match for him.

This was most definitely a paranormal mystery. Jamie uses her real ability as a necromancer to solve the murders of child ghosts who are congregating at the site of a famously haunted house. This is pretty grim stuff, but it's handled well. How prescient is the concept of banal evil in the contempo
Wren (fablesandwren)
For some reason I feel like I would love being able to talk to ghost. I know "well if you actually had that power you'd hate it" or "well ghost don't exist" blah blah blah.

I'm talking about a theoretical thing here.

Just being able to speak to someone from a different time period would be so enlightening. But then you have the "never ever being alone" and probably perves watching you change... Ugh never mind.

Jaime makes it look livable and cool but also you can see the damage it does to her. Y
valee
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I'm so obsessed with this series right now. I can't put it down, not even for just one second. I have tons of things to do and I just keep postponing them so I can keep reading it.

In this installment we get to (FINALLY) read about Jaime and Jeremy. I had been dying to read this book as everybody kept telling me it was the best in the series so far and I just needed to get to it fast. Now I only can say that I am devastated I gt through it so fat, but it was so good that I just could not control
~Sofia~
This is the next instalment from Kelley Armstrong, and this time it is Jaime Vegas’s turn. Being the necromancer in the series expect ghosts, and lots of them! We follow Jaime as she is invited to be on a tv show with the aim to talk to Marilyn Monroe. Jaime was introduced as a character a few books ago and I actually warmed to her straight away. I was hoping we would get one based on her as a character. I think this book in the series compliments the collection perfectly, it’s lovely to finally ...more
Mel
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the seventh in Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, and this time we get to experience the action through Jamie Vegas' eyes.
While filming for a tv show, Jamie finds out that the garden of the house were the filming takes place seems to be inhabitated by child ghosts. As the theory of human sacrifice for magical power gets further unraveled, Jamie needs all the help she can get.

This book can be read as a stand alone but readers might be confused by all the names brought up, because
Pam Nelson
I was so looking forward to this book, Jamie wasn’t who I thought I wanted with Jeremy but it actually worked.
We also get Elena and CLAY!!! Yay!

This was zombies come to life it was weird and had me intrigued; it isn’t my favorite of the books because the story was weird for me but overall it was good. I want more Jeremy though; I kind of feel like this book was more Elena and Clay than Jeremy and Jamie. I think we lost some of the romance for them.
The ending though OH MY Word precious!! I want
Lauren
No Humans Involved
3.5 Stars

Jamie Vegas, renowned professional medium and secret necromancer, agrees to participate in a new reality show aimed at invoking the spirit of Marilyn Monroe. The situation, however, gets out of hand when she is beset by several unruly ghosts desperate to communicate, but oddly unable to do so. In order to help them, Jamie will have to marshal all of her resources, especially that of the alpha-werewolf, Jeremy Danvers, and come to terms with the true nature of her power
Gina
I can talk to dead people.

Jaime Vegas is a true necromancer. She can raise the dead if she has to. She can see and talk to ghosts. Only problem is, she can’t control seeing them. Constantly, everywhere, they see her, she pretends not to see them. Sure, she can deliver a message for them, but she can’t figure out why they’re dead, who killed them, what killed them, and would prefer not to even try. Now part of the interracial council, Jaime gives her feedback when it’s needed and wanted. However,
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
The seventh installment of the Women of the Otherworld series follows Jaime as she uncovers mysterious spirits on the set of a show she is filming. The spirits were sacrificed by humans so they could use the ashes for magic purposes, and Jaime must find out who is conducting these rituals so they can be stopped. We have visits from Eve, Jeremy, and Karl in this book, and (view spoiler)
I honestly wasn't expecting to like a b
Tatiana
Aug 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Armstrong who enjoy her non-werewolf stories
Shelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
I am not one of those Armstrong fans who only read Women of the Otherworld series for the werewolves. I enjoy these books for the world-building and mysteries. And thankfully, in this regard, No Humans Involved is a much better book than its fillerifick/wish fulfillment predecessor - Broken.

At the center of the story is Jaime Vegas, a necromancer originally introduced in Dime Store Magic and who's been a reoccurring secondary character ever since. Jaime is in LA and participating in filming of
Julija
I plunged into this book with ridiculously high expectations and, for once, they all were met, leaving me utterly satisfied, staring at the last sentence with a huge grin on my face. No Humans Involved is a fantastic read with engaging plot, cruel villain, fast pace, butt-kicking action, hilarious dialogue, amazing romance and lovable characters.

First of all, there's Jaime and Jeremy. Really, do I even need to say more? They've had my heart since that balcony scene in Paige's book and I've someh
Tori
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019, read-2013
Reread

JAMIE AND JEREMY <3333333333333333333 HEARTS IN MY EYES FOREVER. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I really liked about this book (besides, um, EVERYTHING) was how much was focused on Jaime coming to terms with herself, her place in the supernatural community, and her own powers. I think anyone who spent enough time around Elena, Paige, Savannah, and even Cassandra would have their hangups about their usefulness and what they can really add to any kind of investigation, and just Jaime
Jen Davis
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Jamie's story ever since Industrial Magic. It's hard for me to say why exactly, but I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the embarrassing crush she has on werewolf alpha, Jeremy. I mean, you expect crushes from young, inexperienced heroines, but Jamie is 44 years-old. She is sexy and she is secure in her own skin... except when it comes to Jeremy. In his presence, she turns into an adorable fool, and it is completely impossible for me not to root for her.

So fina
Siobhan
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series and am always happy to dive into each book whenever I managed to get my hands on it. With No Humans Involved, however, I admit to mixed feelings before going in. I adore the series, I was interested in seeing where things went, but I wasn’t sure how I felt about our lead. Sure, Jaime has interested me in the other books, but I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from her as a main character.

It turns out, I had no reason to worry.
Carolyn F.
Audiobook

I started this series and loved it but started skipping around not reading the secondary characters' stories. So although I have the book, I listened to the library's audiobook instead. I really enjoyed it. I loved seeing how Jaime Vegas (stupid name by the way) and Jeremy took their relationship to the next level while trying to solve a mystery. Good book. I'm planning on reading listening to the rest of the series.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Well shivery isn't dead when it comes to Jeremy Danvers. Love how smooth he is even though he's closed off, I still have a soft spot for him. I know, I know the book isn't about him but Jamie who has a sweet spot for Jeremy. ☺️ Jamie has come across something that's caused an uproar but she's got to find a way of finding out what but with the help of the alpha.
I really enjoy the mention of Long Island and The Amityville House which is near and people enjoy visiting on Halloween. As much as I en
Vanessa *the Pixie Princess*
Easily my favorite book of the series!
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

At last! I feel like I have been waiting for a book for Jeremy and Jaime for ages! It makes me glad that I am reading this series well after they have all been published, waiting a year between installments would be torture. The last thing Jaime expected when she started doing a TV shoot in Los Angeles was to be haunted. Being a necromancer making a living as being a celebrity psychic she knows a thing or two about ghosts; however, these ghosts aren't acting as they should. Determined to get
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

“This is the first adventure I’ve survived without being kidnapped, attacked, knocked unconscious or possessed by evil spirits. A ripped blouse? Ruined skirt? Bad hair? I’d call this progress."

Finally Jaime and Jeremy. I had been waiting for several books since she popped up with her crush in Industrial Magic.

I've seen some reviewers dislike all the time spent in the house with the clairvoyant stuff, but I found the behind the scenes of the TV production and internal conflicts and riva
Heather
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
I'll be honest, I was never interested in Jaime Vegas as a character, however, I had hopes that she would win me over once she was able to stand on her own two feet. She even had Jeremy to aid her. Sadly, she only proved herself more insufferable than I initially thought.

The plot itself wasn't so bad, it could have even been eerily compelling, but Jaime's lack of power was a hindrance. Having read The Summoning prior to No Humans Involved, I had the benefit of being introduced to an incredibly p
Nicky (burialshroud)
All I remember from this episode of the Women of the Otherworld saga is:

-This was the first book released in hardback. So on my shelf I've got a neat row of paperbacks, followed by a few hardbacks, then it went inexplicably back to paperback for a short story compilation, then hardbacks again. It hurts me so, so much to look at the different sized books on my shelf. WHY ME.

-A really weird sex scene that lasts SIX pages where Jeremy the elderly werewolf sticks his wiener through a gap in some Fre
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
I thought an Otherworld story with Jaime (a real necromancer) working with fake celebrity spiritualists/necromancers would be fun. And that part of it was. The part that focused on her and Jeremy finally getting their stuff together was also fun.

Ritual sacrifice of children <-----NOT fun.

Seriously. Quit killing kids already. It's tiresome.
Serene  Morticia
Feb 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 at the most

It would have been a lot more enjoyable if it was 100 pages shorter. And the characters weren't so similiar. This isn't so much a story but just a dull list of events that occur. The premise is exciting but the execution poor. I really thought the ending would be more interesting and unexpected but it was so anticlimactic. For a story with such themes as black magic, BDSM and human sacrifice, it really was jejune...
Angela Han
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, scribd
From the previous book, Jamie is involved in dealing with zombies.

This book focuses on Jamie and her adventures. I found her adventures with ghosts/spirit possession to be bland compared to Elena, Paige, and Eve. I did love how Jeremey is drawn to Jamie and how he expresses his infatuation for her.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
It’s funny. I held off on reading this one because I was only interested in Elena. Also, selfishly I didn’t want Jeremy to be with anyone. But it’s been years and now the book was in the romance package, so I listened. It was a decent read. Not Kelley’s best, but far better than a lot of PNR out there.

It’s a slow burn as far as romance and that was fine. Jamie wasn’t my favorite heroine but she was gutsy and I liked that.

Overall a good read. No real complaints.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I can't help but second guess myself every time I re-read a book. I somehow feel like I'm playing favourites and ignoring all of the other novels out there that I have yet to read once, let alone twice. Then I read the opening chapters of one of Kelley Armstrong's books and think "screw the other books". There's a reason why she's my favourite author and No Humans Involved reinforces that yet again. I loved watching Jeremy, the infallible alpha, stumble all over himself l
Suzan
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This is one of my favourites of the series and the first book in the series with Jaime (a necromancer) as narrator. It's also the first book where Jeremy isn't forced to stay on the sidelines out of the main action because of his status as Alpha. I also love this book cause it's the one that Jaime and Jeremy get together as a couple in as well as the fact that through Jaime we get glimpses of Jeremy that we don't get with Clay and Elena, mostly because he can let his guard down a little with Jai ...more
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
NO HUMANS INVOLVED (Women of the Otherworld #7) by Kelley Armstrong

NO HUMANS INVOLVED is the 7th full length novel in Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series. Featuring Jaime Vegas and Alpha leader Jeremy Danvers, No Humans Involved will see Jaime (finally) get her man or wolf, and we will see a side of Jeremy that we never knew existed.

As a television personality renowned for her ability to ‘speak to the dead’ necromancer Jaime Vegas was invited to participate in a live televised tapi
Vampires, Weres a...: This topic has been closed to new comments. No Humans Involved (WOTO#7) 3 15 Oct 20, 2016 09:37AM
book cover 9 67 Aug 11, 2012 07:08AM

• Karolina Dalca, Dark Eyes
  • Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1)
  • Rafael (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #28)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Allure of the Vampire King (Blood Fire Saga #1)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Toe to Toe
  • Educated Luck (Twisted Luck, #3)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Hired Luck (Twisted Luck, #2)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • The Man of Legends
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Worth Living For (Morganville Vampires #7.5)
  • Kitty in the Underworld (Kitty Norville, #12)

Otherworld (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
  • Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3)
  • Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4)
  • Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5)
  • Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6)
  • Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8)
  • Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9)
  • Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10)
  • Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11)