Start by marking “Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)” as Want to Read:
Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)

Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)

Creepy fun for ages 9-12!

Camp nights or camp frights?

Every sleepaway camp promises memories that last a lifetime. But the memories from Camp Red Moon might give you nightmares!

The campfire appears to dim when the moon turns blood red and strange creatures prowl the forest.
Do you find a total lookalike at camp? Is it coincidence or is he a shapeshifter trying to take ove
Audible Audio
Published October 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Camp Red Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Red Moon

Start your review of Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)
Dennis
Apr 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Oh well, that was bad.

This is a collection of four short stories all set at a camp where strange things happen to several groups of teenagers. We have werewolves, one kid imitating and trying to take over the life of another, evil robots, and a haunted cabin. But mainly it's mean kids playing tricks on one another.

The stories range from lame to stupid. Some are worse than others, obviously. But none of them were even remotely good. The full cast narration was also often annoying.

This is said to
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
Full review to come. 3 stars because this was entertaining in the way "The Room" was. Terrible but fun.
Latasha
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lot of fun. I think this would appeal to fans of Goosebumps. I could detect bits of Fear Street in here too, though. It's aimed at a younger audience but i had fun with it.
Melissa
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, audiobook, btbl2020
Okay, still meh about it. But some of the stories were entertaining for what they were. I like that most had some sort of connection to one another. In some parts it was just hilarious.
Tyler J Gray
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5

4 Stories. Enjoyed the first 2. The third was ok and the fourth is the reason my chest hurts right now and i'm going to probably have PTSD related nightmares since I need to go to bed. Massive TW: Fire. I can't really rate the last one because of that.
irem
Thanks goodreads for deleting my whole review.
Katherine
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an anthology of four paranormal stories. Although it has written by different authors, each story happens in a particular camp named Camp Red Moon. This is by far one of the best scary book that I have read.

Starting with R.L Stine's The werewolf in the woods and then followed by Dan Poblocki's The New Camper, Justine A Reynolds's Battle of the bots and finally ending with Elle Oh's The ghost in the cabin six. With unpredictable plot twists, it kept me on the edge of the seat while listen
Chelsea
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Goodreads deleted the original posting and thus my review for this. There are several of these missing. Thanks, Goodreads.
Alan Teder
Reposting after the deletion of 12 Audible Originals Dec. 17-19, 2019.
Goodreads purged about 12 (that I could identify) Audible Original audiobooks (and their ratings/reviews) at the end of the year 2019 as they apparently did not meet guidelines. Those audiobooks that have been converted from podcasts are apparently the main issue. Others that are short novellas, memoirs or audio productions of theatrical plays may be restored or relisted. This current edition of Camp Red Moon is a relisting/ne
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are four short stories in this surprisingly enjoyable, young-age anthology. The opening narration with R.L. Stine is simply fun, and the music and sounds affects add much. Audible hired various narrators who did a great job playing the character roles, which is what made the difference.

The four stories are:

1. The Werewolf in the Woods by R.L. Stine
2. The New Camper by Dan Poblocki
3. Battle of the Bots by Justin A. Reynolds
4. The Ghost in Cabin 6 by Ellen Oh

Camp Red Moon was one of the free
Colleen Houck
This was a fun, quick listen as an audible download. My favorite of the short stories was the creepy camper who took over your life. Shudder.
Shreya Chandwadkar
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The original review was deleted by Goodreads for some reason!
Anyhoo, it's a great listen, especially the last story gave me the chills!
Emma
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, 2020-children
The boys loved this audiobook.
Christina
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks-i-own
First off, misleading to call this an RL Stine "book" -- he's only the author on one of the stories, best I could tell. Never the less, all in all, I liked this interwoven compilation of stories about Camp Red Moon. I liked the first and second A LOT. Surprisingly dark and horrific for the young adult genre!! The third and fourth were less good. In fact the robots one was quite bad. I was also off put at first by the teeny bopper, nasal narrators but as it went, it grew on me. I mean, it kind of ...more
Lonnie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Growing up, R.L. Stine and Goosebumps were the ideal horror, campy setting for young, single digit kids. There's nothing wrong with these particular tales, but the cheesy music and campy sound effects made it a little hard for me to take it seriously, even for the kid within myself that I try to let out every once in awhile. Were the stories fun to listen to? Sure; I particularly liked the last one which involved vengeful ghosts, but don't go by me - I may have just been excited that it was the ...more
Meegy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book! Just wish Goodreads had the pages instead of chapters. Because 5 pages towards my goal for the end of the year, just isn't on. Lol.
My favourite short story is the robot one!
Wendy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a fan of Goosebumps when I was a kid and Fear Street when i was a teen. I got excited at an audio version of an RL Stine book... the stories are cute (meant for kids...not scary at all) but the some of the voice actors were completely terrible. One woman sounded like she was in her 50s... which is kinda distracting because the characters are all middle school aged. It's nice for nostalgia, but dont expect much from it.
Victoria
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
These were fun stories that Mr. R.L. Stine put together surrounding the setting of Camp Red Moon. Each story is unique and exciting with some mystery. All those camp fire tales you hear actually are real at Camp Red Moon. Beware! It is amazing it is still up and functioning (hahaha). My favorites stories were the first and last ones!
Karalyn Gibbs
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/ My favorite stories were the shape-shifting one and the one about the haunted cabin. The other two were a little far-fetched and they seemed very random to me to be spooky. They were quite interesting and I would be more than happy to check out more of R.L. Stine's works!
Terry
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I would probably give this a 3.5. It gives a great campfire story feel. Nice, suspenseful, with a little surprise. There was only one story in this collection that felt a little stale. The other stories keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you wanting more.
Brandi
I'm clearly not the right age group for this, but it was entertaining. And I always like a full cast audio.
Ashley Verity
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid. Good for your next road trip with the kiddos. All four of the stories were pretty good.
Vipin George
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Read a lot of Goosebumps when I was younger and was excited to read this.Book contains 4 short stories :
Book 1 - 2.5/5
Book 2 - 4/5 Quite enjoyed this tbh
Book 3 - 1.5/5 Not my cup of tea. This was more on the comic side
Book 4 - 3.5/5 This was surprisingly good as well .

Overall it really does have the Goosebumps feel to it and there were a couple of shorts that were suprisingly good as well
Gidg
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: kids
Recommended to Gidg by: Audible
Good fun kids book for those who want a little classic R.L. Stine type of creep or horror story. Recieved the book free from Audible and thought it would be fun to listen to while I drove around in the month of October to get me into the Halloween spirit. Some stories were appealing to me and others were not. But then again I'm not the audience or demographic for this type of horror story telling. But definitely would recommend it to one of my young relatives. I may have to lend this book out to ...more
Chad
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
My kids are a fan of RL Stine so when i had the chance to pick this as a freebie from audible, i jumped at it. Who doesn't like creepy camp stories? I liked the first few episodes better than the last, but overall this was entertaining, classic RL Stine type story. If he revisits camp red moon, I'd definitely consider checking it out.
Sara (Snarky Malarkey)
Mar 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF so awful
Alex Shrugged
This is a collection of Goosebumps stories centered around Camp Red Moon. As a general rule, the good guys don't make it. The bad guys usually win, or partially win. There is no "moral of the story". These are just scary campfire stories meant to give a chill to those listening.

FYI, I've read a few Goosebumps books in the past. I didn't particularly like them. I let my kids read them though and they didn't grow horns or eat their own children, so the books couldn't have been that bad. I have see
Rhonda Mcguire
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve always been a huge R. L. Stine fan. I first read Sunburn by him and fell in love with reading. I liked the Goosebump series but I was getting a little too old for it. The Fear Street series will always be a favorite of mine.
This group of 4 short stores has a Goosebumps feel to it. So I liked it, didn’t love it but liked it. I feel if I was younger and had listened to this I would have enjoyed it a lot more. So I definitely recommend this for younger readers (it’s not scary, but will hold t
Nick Hendry
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Okay so I had to give this collection of stories by R.L. Stine 5 Stars because it was just so fun to listen to! I grew up on R.L Stine's books, especially his Fear Street collection. Listening to this took me back to those late nights growing when I would be reading under the covers when I should be in bed sleeping. I will say the voice acting might have been over the top and sometimes a little corny during some parts, but this book had me hooked to each and every story. Sometime's I was laughin ...more
Michael Lundgren
May 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Camp Red Moon is a collection of 4 short stories some written and co-written by R L Stine, the famed name attached to all of those Goosebumps books that you owned as a kid. I got it for free through Audible and listened to it and I'm glad that I was able to do so while I worked because I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Each story takes place at a place called Camp Red Moon, a summer camp with strange and frightening happenings. At least that's how it's supposed to be, but these stories are def ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
  • Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • House of Teeth
  • You Can Thank Me Later: A Novella
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Beezer
  • Midnight Son
  • A Murder of Manatees (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #2)

R. L. Stine b