Start by marking “Miss Frost Ices The Imp: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #2)” as Want to Read:
Miss Frost Ices The Imp: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #2)

Miss Frost Ices The Imp: A Nocturne Falls Mystery

(Jayne Frost #2)

Welcome to Nocturne Falls – the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year.
Jayne Frost is a lot of things. Winter elf, Jack Frost’s daughter, Santa Claus’s niece, heir to the Winter Throne and now…private investigator. Sort of.
When she buys a sealed box at an estate sale and cat-related circumstances cause that box to be opened, life in Nocturne Falls starts to go ha
Published September 6th 2016 by Sugar Skull Books

Start your review of Miss Frost Ices The Imp: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #2)
Kat
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, Jayne Frost and her love of all things sugar, decisions to make between the two men in her life, and her supernatural problems. After shopping at a garage sale, Jayne comes home with a little fancy box that her cat knocks off the counter. Unfortunately, it turns out to be bewitched, and terrible things start turning up around town. Of course, only great things happen to Jayne. Her refrigerator is constantly stocked with Dr. Pepper and suddenly her cat can talk! Too bad she didn’t wish for a ...more
Deniz
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
The best way to describe this would be as comfort reading. Just like with comfort food you know you will get something you like, it puts you at ease and the entire experience is simply relaxing and very enjoyable.

Painter has created a fun and interesting world with Nocturne Falls. The world building is brilliant. It's intricate yet lightweight. Which keeps this series firmly in the easy and pleasurable reads, but it's detailed enough to make each book set in Nocturne Falls unique. Pain
Lexxi Kitty
Jayne, now officially the manager of the Santa store in Nocturne Falls, goes wandering early one morning to find things to ‘personalize’ her apartment. Wandering that includes visiting estate sales. Where she buys a velvet Elvis painting (a cat dressed up like Elvis), another painting, salt shakers, a rug, and a decorative box that she can’t open. Which leads to . . . well, stuff, but I’ll skip that stuff to get to . . . leads to her cat, naturally, knocking the box off a table, which causes the ...more
Tiffany PSquared
Audiobook review

I don't particularly care for the narrator's inflection in this Jayne Frost series; however, her stories fit perfectly into the Nocturne Falls Universe.

Jayne Frost, daughter of Jack Frost, buys a beautiful decorative box at an estate sale. Who knew that one purchase could create such mayhem in the small town of Nocturne Falls? Especially since that town is quite eccentric enough, even without a chaos imp running around.

Jayne will have to rid Nocturne Falls of the imp, solve the m
Sarah Booth
This is the second book of this series that I’ve listened to. Jane’s voice boarders on too cutesy at times but doesn’t quite cross over except very rarely. I don’t completely agree that the voice matches the images the story gives me of the character, but it’s still an enjoyable tale.
Jane purchases a box at an estate sale and it contains far more than anyone bargained for. After a couple of wishes come true, Spider can talk, and her supply of Dr. Pepper never runs out, but also mischievous thin
Quenya
This case lacked a lot from the first one – there was no intensity or sense of real danger. I also felt the author seemed a lot more interested in Jayne’s love life than I was. It took up a lot of book and I felt the mystery lacked the substance it needed to keep me engaged.

The book was also almost “syrupy” sweet in context. Everybody seemed okay with everything and no one got mad or upset which seemed out of character for some the of Nocturne Falls characters. I just wasn’t engaged in this one
Theresa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jayne goes to an estate sale and comes back with a box full of mischief.

I love the crazy antics that happen in this story, but have no idea who I’m rooting for between Greyson and Cooper. They both have good and bad qualities.

Footnote: 1) it’s amazing how many different candy/cookie/muffin/etc. combinations ‘Delany’ thinks up.

Fave scenes: the talking cat, meeting the Genie, Pepsi water and the fudge recipe.
Berit☀️✨
I'm starting to see some similarities between Jane Frost and one of my other all-time favorite Stephanie Plum...
1. Constantly eating sweets and never gaining a pound☑️
2. Constantly getting herself into crazy situations☑️
3. Involved in a love triangle, where neither of the guys seem to care that there is another guy involved, That I'm assuming will never be resolved☑️
4. OK, well maybe that's where the similarities and... Love this series, love Jane, and I could be bothered by this love triangle,
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Dena
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intensely chaotic.

Well we are starting to see how Jayne gets into trouble. I like how she has Cooper and Greyson to help her. I’m not sure how I feel about the relationships though because I don’t feel the chemistry. The imp was pretty chaotic and I loved the changes with Spider.
Angela Verdenius
A light, easy read. Only problem is that while reading I was craving cakes and pizzas and stuff! Reading about a winter elf who consumes sugary food because that's part of her genetic make-up makes me hungry LOL.
Jessica
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 100 of the year for me! Loved this as much as the first in the series.
Jules (Never enough time to read)
Another fun and very easy to read outing with Jayne Frost.

I'm looking forward to the next one!
Bridget Vollmer
3.5 Stars. This is definitely a unique and cute supernatural series. Different than your typical cozy mysteries.
Jocelyn
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is better than the first book, and I'm so happy that we get to see the other Nocturne Falls characters, especially from the earlier books.
I'm only giving this 4 stars because I'm not comfortable with Jayne dating two guys at the same time and both guys are totally fine with it.
Melanie's
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Jayne Frost mysteries and whilst you probably could read this as a stand alone personally I think you would enjoy it a lot more with the back story from book 1. Although it is a sort of spin off from the amazing Nocturne Falls series this is really more a series adjacent and I think fans of one will love the other and vice versa, and the BEST bit for me is the crossover characters that pop up because it all being set in one town.

Having LOVED book 1 I really didn't
Nancy D   Miz-Firefly aka Sparky
It's a sweet little story with a great cat. But I don't get the 'Romance' angle. A cozy love triangle? That's about as interesting as watching grass grow. Jayne spends about half the book using both of the hot guys to solve her mystery while having zero intent to chose between them. I think the story would be more entertaining if we got to know Jane's family better. On second thought I think I'd like the books better without Jayne.

Judy Lewis
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'SNOW COOL' DELICIOUS !!!
Title: Miss Frost Ices The Imp: A Nocturne Falls Mystery
Series: Jayne Frost
Author: Kristen Painter
Designation: Book Two of Series, Standalone Novel, NO Cliffhanger
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFULLY STARS*****
I love, love, love Kristen Painter and totally smitten with her Nocturne Falls spinoff series, Jayne Frost! I fell head over heels for Painter's work last year after reading The Vampire's Mail Order Bride, the first book of her Nocturne Falls Series and have been a diehard
Margaret Hasemann
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Fudgesticks !

Jayne Frost, Winter Princess and new Manager of Nocturne Falls Santa's Workshop Store, has a problem. Or rather, she has several of them, but one major one that takes precedence over everything else in her lie at the moment. No, it's not having to choose between the two handsome hunks in her life. Although that will be inevitable at some point, just not now. And no, not trying to talk Aunt Martha into sharing her recipe with Delaney. Heck, even her Mom can't swing that one! But w
The Wallflowers Library
A fun lighthearted read. This book had some unexpected twists turns far different from anything you would have expected coming in from reading book one and the nocturne falls series.It was very interesting to see how this story unraveled and it left me anxiously wanting to get my hands on the next book.
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
This was a cute book and a fun mystery. I really like the main character Jayne and enjoy reading about her and her friends and Nocturne Falls. The mystery was a fun and not too complicated and yet it was still easy to get lost in the story and the characters and the town. This is another series I am definitely enjoying.
sonya
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talking cat

So this book is good, it’s like the rest of the series so if you like those youll like this one but one thing stood out...SPIDER the cat can talk!!! It is the single cutest thing in any of the books I’ve read in a long time. Every time he says something it made me smile it was just adorable... I mean he doesn’t say much but when he says mama I’m hungry I just wanted to cry from the cuteness!! I want to call the author up on the phone and tell her how happy this cat made me!!!! “Spider
Amber
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, read-2019
Birdie deserves an award or something. More of a foundation book than mystery.
Una
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid cozy mystery series but you must be able to buy into fantasy. The story line is good and the mystery is not too obvious. All the makings of a great read.
Tonya Hodgson
I feel like I need to explain why I gave this book three stars. I was introduced to Nocturne Falls with the first Miss Frost book. I felt like I needed to know more about the town so I I read the 8 Nocturne Falls Books, and some of the short stories. I wanted to read about Birdie and Spider. I purchased this book so I could have more of Spider's background. The problem I hate love triangles!! Hate, hate hate them. So this book was not for me. If you don't mind love triangles you will probably en ...more
Margaret
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-won
Based on a copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I love Painter's Nocturne Falls PNR series, but I had some mixed feelings about the first Jayne Frost mystery. I'm happy to report that I really loved this one!

That's partly because it features what I call the Nocturne Falls All Stars, lots of my favorite characters from earlier books, most prominently Aunt Birdie and Delaney. It also introduced a few new characters and new types of supernaturals that I hope to see in futur
Christine
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Frost Ices the Imp by Kristen Painter is the second Jayne Frost story. I love Nocturne Falls, and the Jayne Frost spin-off is wonderfully fun.

Shopping for her apartment at an estate sale, Jayne buys a beautiful decorative box, not knowing it housed a not-entirely-nice magical creature.

The misadventures start from there, from a talking cat to Dr. Pepper falls.

Miss Frost is another must-read.
Diane ~Firefly~
Jayne is back and buying some items from an estate sale leads to accidently freeing an imp who is causing havoc in the town. She is still seeing both Cooper and Greyson which I could do without as I hate love triangles.

I enjoyed the book as the characters and town are great. We got a bit more of her family back at the North Pole and more interaction with the residents. Elves eat a lot of food, especially sweets, so you can get a bit hungry while reading.
Bert
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
While I thoroughly enjoyed the story, the mystery, and the characters I DO NOT like the trend these days to have the main character being wooed by two men. Jayne Frost gets particularly obnoxious about when she defends the right to make both agree to be true to ONLY her, while she makes no such gesture in return. Sorry but I haven't dated in a LONG time, is not an excuse to be cavalier with the feelings of others.
Brandy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Nocturne Falls, if only it were a real place. The problem with these book.....they always make me hungry! Com'mon, Delaney's, Howlers, even the pizza joint. It isn't fair that they are all fictional! But I do like Jayne, but I am ready for her to make her choice, I think it is pretty clear that she is going to pick Cooper but maybe the vamp can find another nice girl.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Dead Man Talking (Happily Everlasting, #1)
  • Everybody Wants to Rune the World (Bewitchingly Ever After #2)
  • Better Haunts and Garden Gnomes ([Un]Lucky Valley, #1)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Do You Really Want to Haunt Me (Bewitchingly Ever After #3)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Sense and Scent Ability: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 1)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • A Witch For Mr. Holiday (Witches of Christmas Grove, #1)
  • Hex After Forty (Singing Falls Witches, #1)
  • Any Witch Way But Goode ([Un]Lucky Valley, #2)
  • An Everlasting Christmas (The Happily Everlasting Series, #7)
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to intera ...more

Jayne Frost (7 books)
  • Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case (Jayne Frost, #1)
  • Miss Frost Saves The Sandman: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #3)
  • Miss Frost Cracks A Caper (Jayne Frost, #4)
  • Miss Frost Braves the Blizzard (Jayne Frost, #5)
  • Miss Frost Chills The Cheater (Jayne Frost, #6)
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)

News & Interviews