Start by marking “The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)” as Want to Read:
The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)

The Professor Woos The Witch

(Nocturne Falls #4)

Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year. The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better.

Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs, fur, and all.

Pandora Williams is Nocturne Falls’ most suc
Published October 8th 2015 by Sugar Skull Books (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Professor Woos The Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Professor Woos The Witch

Start your review of The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Professor Woos The Witch is the fourth in the Nocturne Falls series by Kristen Painter. This is a sweet and fun series. I love the concept of a town celebrating Halloween 365 days a year where it’s paranormal creatures can be themselves.

This is a slow burn romance. I like that it’s not insta-love like the previous installments. Cole and Pandora have an intense attraction, but they have an uncertainty on whether to pursue it. I liked how their relationship came about.

Cole is the sexy smart c
Ginger
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
3.5 stars!
Once again, a good addition to the Noturne Falls series!

This book had more of a slow burn romance then the first three. There wasn’t instalove but more of an intense attraction and uncertainty on whether to pursue it. I really enjoyed how the relationship between Pandora and Cole came about.

Cole Van Zant, a smart, college math professor inherits a house in Nocturne Falls, moves there to remodel and then sell. He’s having issues with his daughter because she believes she’s a witch and h
Sharon
I love reading this book right before I go to sleep. It knocks me right out – not because it’s boring – but because it’s innocent and cheesy (so, so verrry cheesy) and makes me feel comforted. I’m also a sucker for Halloween-themed books.

Admittedly, my childish heart would love to live in a Halloween-themed town like this one. It’s incredibly silly and innocent and cute – I can’t resist.

I like how this book shows a male character who's "normal" (at first glance anyway) and he becomes accustom
Lexxi Kitty
One of the disadvantages of a romance book is that it is a character driven genre (also one of the advantages), since you kind of need to like the main characters to be able to enjoy the book. And, quite frankly, for many reasons I did not like Cole. He came off as a judgmental, pushy, asshole too much of the time.

I realize there was magic in the air, so to speak (literal or otherwise) but his inability to take no, his pushiness towards Pandora was frankly creepy. Every once in a while he'd sudd
Deniz
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
If I had to round up what I felt reading this: Happy-fussy would be the word.
This is entertaining, well written and absolutely feel-good PNR.

While I was reading two things struck me:
First: I adore the world of Nocturne Falls. Somehow Painter manages to create an awesome world, even though this feel light on the world building side. Each book in the series added new details- awesome little insights to different things- but each book would actually work as a stand alone. And each book has good w
Quenya
Pandora gets her own cute little story.

I was really excited to finally read about Pandora’s story. I enjoyed her quick glimpse in Book One of the series and so I had high expectations for this one. Were my expectations met – sort of but I just didn’t feel like Cole was a good fit for Pandora.

The story heads down a very predictable path with the love story and the villain but I admit Kristen Painter throws in a little twist with the villain’s actions that was good. I like the story mainly because
Douglas Meeks
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure how to start this review. It is obvious that Kristen Painter has hit a sweet spot with her readers with this popular series. My problems is trying to not let my bias of wanting violence, revenge and lusty babes (well maybe there is a touch of lusty babes) show or influence my review.

This 4th book in the series had a bit different feel for me than the last couple and while it was entertaining it did not have the bit of serious edge they did, this was more of a light romance a side o
Melindam

So far, this has been the weakest story of the Nocturne Falls series, which does not mean it was not entertaining or relaxing.

The usual and -so far it seems- successful ingredients were there:
- likeable MCs (though I did not take a great shine to the hero in this one)
- quirky Halloween-town for supernaturals
- the delightful bunch of secondary supernatural characters from werewolves to faes
- good romance with some interesting background.

The usual insta-love trope is also there, but I am
Lena
4946-F66-D-AFE9-4-DF0-A199-CD88-A8-CD9-F67
A hot professor without a clue about his supernatural abilities moves to Nocturne Falls and falls for the witchy realtor. I think this was my favorite, mmm hot professor.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Professor Woos the Witch by Kristen Painter

Nocturne Falls is a town where Halloween is celebrated year round. For the tourists. In reality, the non human population use the premise of Halloween so they can hide in plain sight.
What fun to know there are vampires, witches, werewolves, gargoyles and others walking around casually on the street! Doesn't it make you wonder if maybe???

This book is the 4th in the fun series. I'm having a blast reading them. This one includes a witch whose powers ar
Kelly
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it

It's been a while since I listened to the first three books in this series but I have Audible escape once again and this audiobook is the first one I wanted to read. Turns out, I still enjoy these books. However, I feel like I loved the first three books a bit more. Maybe because I don't love the trope used in this (view spoiler). The ghost and the fat cat were probably the best part in this book ahah.

Overall not a new favorite
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review, I was in no way compensated for this review.

So when Kristen Painter dropped me an email and asked if I wanted a review copy of The Professor Woos the Witch, I pretty much abandoned my reading queue schedule and dove into this book as soon as I finished my current read, because yeah...still can't stop in the middle of a book yet! LOL! And what a read it was! I adore returning to Nocturne Falls! It's seriously one of my favorite
Eden
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
2019 bk. 334. Witches abound in this book, along with a new type of paranormal (well, new to my awareness), the human familiar. Turns out human familiar's are quite rare, and some not so good witches desire them and wish to enslave them, including the Professor's former wife. There is a little convoluted backstory, a well written 13 year old, and house remodeling involved. It all makes for an enjoyable read on a cold day. ...more
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
You know a book is good when the first thing you do on finishing it is buy the next one! This is such a fun series to read and listen to and this book was no exception. Math teacher, Cole van Zant has just moved to Nocturne Falls with his daughter Kaley, who believes she is a witch. Cole doesn't believe in witches or the supernatural i general until he meets local realtor Pandora Williams, and also a witch and find out he may not be as human as he thought he was.

What i like about this book is th
Jessica Frances
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Professor Woos the Witch is about resident real estate agent, Pandora and new resident, Cole. Their first meeting doesn’t go well, neither does the next couple. Butting heads at every turn, it is frustrating for both of them when they can’t seem to forget about the other. Add in a teenage daughter who falls in love with Pandora and newly discovered paranormal abilities, and this one was sweet, funny and another fantastic story. I loved seeing these two people succumb to their feelings and fa ...more
Beth
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
Clever author. Takes you to the edge of "please by all that's holy not that bloody plot line again" and deftly spirals the plot out and away. ...more
Tiffany PSquared
What do you get when a normie moves into town to rehab his uncle's mansion and meets up with a witch who just happens to be that town's best real estate agent?

A sweet little love story.

This is the 4th book in the Nocturne Falls series and Painter continues to deliver with her slightly-to-the-left-of-center cast of characters. None of these books will be the next great American novel, but they are definitely fun to read.

Nocturne Falls is a town that celebrates Halloween year-round inviting touris
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Definitely my favorite from the series so far!!!!!

Loved how both the Mcs grew together in the book, and the angst at the end was brilliant!!!!!
Cheesecake
I Debated on DNFing this one a couple times. I DID NOT LIKE PANDORA. Thought she was a faithless, judgmental, shallow, self pitying fool. I seem to be the odd one out on that.
Cole was awesome and I still feel bad he ends up with her. In fact he bends over backwards to get her to love him. And she makes him jump through hoop after hoop. sad sad sad.
I was expecting the story to be driven by his refusal to believe in magic, but that didn't last long.

Cole moves to the town with his 13 year old daugh
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Series: Nocturne Falls #4
Rating: 4 stars - It was really good

Pandora Williams is Nocturne Falls most successful real estate agent, but also their least successful witch. Her magic never has the intended outcome and she has learned to live with it. When a teenage witch and her sexy father enter Pandora’s life her quiet life with her cat quickly changes. Now she just has to convince Cole Van Zant that witches are real.

I really enjoyed Pandora and Cole’s story. They had a slow building romance tha
Anya
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for that very very cozy supernatural romance!

I love to read something cozy from time to time.. I'm not really into romance and not at all into supernatural, but this serie is really good. It's so simple it could be read by a child (well, except for sex maybe!) but it'also refreshing and very comforting.

What I liked:
- Its coziness. Being sure from the beginning that all will be good in the end
- no tension whatsoever, even when the "bad ones" are doing their best you can still feel relax
Amyiw
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, series, x-2018
3 1/2
Another cute fluffy mystery romance with kissing and no graphic sex. At first I didn't like the guy or the witch as, she wouldn't do anything to "show" him and it was necessary with his daughters education in the balance. I got why later but she should have had someone else intervene. Once this initial disbelief is done, we get a new story which we could predict was coming. The ex-wife and mother comes in and starts to manipulate everyone though luckily not everyone is biting.

The audiobook
Margaret Hasemann
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A whole new meaning to bonding

When Cole came to town with his daughter Kayla all he intended was to repair the old Pilcher Man or, and sell it for as much as he could get to insure his daughter's future education. He did not reckon on a secret family history, the ghost of a Great-aunt , and witches like Pandora Williams turning his life inside out. Then j u st as he starts to get use to his life being upside down, along comes ex-wife Lila to turn everything back to front for everybody. He learns
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I am completely hooked on this series. I loved the characters in book 4. Pandora and Cole were such a sweet, considerate, perfect match. They went from rough start to a great match. I also loved that Cole had a daughter, and her story added the perfect bonus content to this story. Nocturne Falls is the place to be, and I love all the romance in the air. And that each couple needs to sweat it out before they get everything they desire. Pandora and Cole were magical.
Caroline
Listened to this through Audible Escape. I liked the lore parts of this, but felt the love story was very rushed and just explained away by the whole familiar thing.
Lynn Worton
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the forth book in the Nocturne Falls series. I loved it!

Pandora Williams is a fantastic character. I liked her when I first met her in The Gargoyle Gets His Girl. She is a witch with misfiring magic who works as an estate agent and is known as The House Witch. When she finds a young girl hiding in her shed, and the girl's father arrives on her doorstep to collect her, her magic is affected by his very presence and begins to work properly. Intrigued and attracted to the sexy maths profess
R.L. Hemlock
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
“The Professor Woos The Witch,” is the forth book in the Nocturne Falls series. This series is not a continuation of one story but of other people’s point of view and personal stories intertwined into one enjoyable series. This series has common themes/genres: mystery, suspense and romance. The way the author goes from one couple to the next couple is almost like a whole new story. But the stories makes reference to things that happened in the previous books as well as old characters appearing i ...more
Jenica
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such an easy book to fall into. It's the type of book you curl up with on a rainy day. I love the world of Nocturne Falls. While this book was cheesy and predictable as all hell, it was so cute and fun to read. ...more
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*The book has been provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

What do you do when one of your favorite paranormal authors writes another great story just in time for Halloween? Swoon!!! That’s what you do! Kristen Painter never ceases to amaze me. She must have a team of “brain people” in her head like that show, Herman’s Head just-a-fighting with each other to get their chance to shine!

And as a bright as a diamond, “The Professor Woos The Witch” shines bright! The cover (as beautifu
Lisa
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I received a copy from author/publisher in return for a honest review**

Gosh, Kristen really outdid herself this time! Every book I read of hers, I think that was my favorite one. Until I pick up the next one. I don't know how she does it but she is simply amazing. This is her true calling in life. All these books can be read as a stand alone. And they would be great for teens! If you have any special teens in your life, this would make a great Christmas gift or even Halloween. After all, the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Fix ISBN 2 11 Jan 20, 2017 04:30PM

• The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Promise (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • One Fine Fae (Mystic Bayou, #4.5)
  • The Doctor Falls For Her Gargoyle  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Any Witch Way But Goode ([Un]Lucky Valley, #2)
  • Gertie's Paranormal Plantation (Tales From the Paranormal Plantation #1)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (Alienn, Arkansas #0.5; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Dead Man Talking (Happily Everlasting, #1)
  • Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to intera ...more

Nocturne Falls (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
  • The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls, #2)
  • The Gargoyle Gets His Girl (Nocturne Falls, #3)
  • The Vampire’s Fake Fiancée (Nocturne Falls, #5)
  • The Shifter Romances The Writer (Nocturne Falls, #6)
  • The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)
  • The Vampire's Accidental Wife  (Nocturne Falls, #8)
  • The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls, #9)
  • The Detective Wins The Witch (Nocturne Falls, #10)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)