Start by marking “The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

(Dash & Lily #2)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  4,402 Ratings  ·  778 Reviews
Dash and Lily have had a tough year since they first fell in love among the shelves of their favorite bookstore. Lily’s beloved grandfather suffered a heart attack, and his difficult road to recovery has taken a major toll on her typically sunny disposition.

With only twelve days left until Christmas—Lily’s favorite time of the year—Dash, Lily’s brother Langston, and their
Published October 18th 2016 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily, please sign up.
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted) Yes! It's set about a year after the first book, (the following Christmas).
YA Novels of 2016
1,285 books — 9,594 voters
Let It Snow by John GreenDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel CohnShiver by Maggie StiefvaterMy True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie PerkinsNorth of Beautiful by Justina Chen
Winter Break for YA
165 books — 431 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well poo! I didn't love this book as much as the first book. I think Dash & Lily's Book of Dares was so much better than this one.

I still liked it, just didn't love it! And it was nice and Christmasy <-- I made up that word!

Lily was having a hard time when her grandfather had a minor heart attack. There were also some other things going on in her life.

It just didn't feel like the old Dash & Lily. Maybe because the book was so short, I don't know. I just love Dash & Lily either
emma
Dec 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
200 pages has never felt more like 400. (And this is a sequel, too.)

For background on my history with the first book: I read it for a middle school summer reading list the year it came out. (Six years ago.) I think I liked it but I was 13 and can’t hold myself to that belief. The other thing about it being six years ago is it really seems like a sequel is unnecessary. Especially one that takes place a mere year after the first. But I was on a quest for Christmasy books and I saw this. So I picke
Tiara Larasati
Dec 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
WHATTT??? THE SERIES OF DASH & LILY??? I MEAN WE CAN GET A NEW STORY FROM THAT CUTE COUPLE?? MORE DASH?? YES PLEASE!! COUNT ME IN CAUSE I AM SOOO IN
Trina (Between Chapters)
Had some cute moments but it was too twee for me. I didn't get along with the writing style (shallow, tongue in cheek, both characters had too similar voices). First one was better because of the notebook format. I'd leave it as a standalone.
Heather 'Bookables'
I enjoyed this book but it was missing that Dash & Lily fun!
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
2.5 Stars

Ever since I read Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, I had been dying for a companion novel, so I was thrilled to see one being released. However, there is far less adventure in this story and Lily’s character is so negative. The constant negativity doesn’t make the book seem Christmassy at all, and I ended up being pretty disappointed with this one.

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily, like Dash and Lily’s Books of Dares, contains adventure, though definitely not as much as the first book. The
Stacey (prettybooks)
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is one of my favourite YA festive novels. I've read it three times, over Christmas 2011, 2013 and 2016, so I was elated to discover that there would be a sequel.

The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily is sadder, more melancholy than its predecessor. Lily's grandfather is sick and she's unable to appreciate her favourite season. For this new Lily, there's no magical Christmas tree and no festive reindeer skirt. She is depressed and grieving, insecure about both her rela
alexandra
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
so cute!! i finished it in one sitting. this novel felt like a fan fiction to the original, which i adore. it made me miss new york so very much and put me in the christmas spirit. would definitely recommend if you're looking for a holiday pick-me-up!
Emer
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gluttons for punishment
Ughhh... Where do I begin???

I didn't enjoy the first book in this series, 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' (review here) so I hear you ask why did I read the second one???

Combination of two things.

First.
I'd made the dreadful mistake of downloading this BEFORE I had read book one... Oh such a rookie error....

And second...
BUDDY READ!!!!!
Things are ALWAYS more fun when you can piss and moan discuss things calmly and sensibly with a friend!! And this was book number two in my Christmas buddy re
may ❀

This book review is dedicated to my girl, Lady Pim . . . also known as Annie ☆ {a court of mist & books} ☆

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily is the absolute cutest, had me cooing the whole time (well, not the first half, but you get my point.)

After reading the first book over a year ago, I fell in love with Dash and Lily and their quirky personalities, random hilarity, and ridiculous lives. Reading book two was like rereading book one with the benefit of not having the plot revealed (if th
Kate (GirlReading)
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-favourites
Adorable, Christmassy and all in all, a really enjoyable read.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is one of my favourite contemporaries, so I was both extremely excited and slightly apprehensive when I heard it was getting a sequel. This wasn't what I was expecting from a Dash and Lily sequel, it wasn't all sparkles and Christmas magic and honestly, I loved that. I really appreciated that this focused on a side of the holiday season that often gets brushed over, the fact that for a lot of people, i
Cameron Chaney
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, contemporary, 2017
Overall, I liked this, but it could be pretty slow and there were parts that began to annoy me. I liked the direction things were going with Lily at first, then she started into the whining and I got irritated. Before then, she was selflessly being worn down, and I thought the book would be about her friends and family giving back to her. And this did happen, but only after she started complaining and running away. This could have been handled a little better.

Still, this sequel was charming enou
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
okay if this book doesn't put you in the holiday spirit then you're just a Scrooge anyways. This book is great, writing will keep you on the edge of your seat. and it's perfect for the hoilday season but it was a bit short sadly.
Julie Zantopoulos
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, read-in-2017
This really helped to get me out of my mini reading slump, and it was a cute atmospheric read, but honestly---these kids are not relatable at all. The situations are so over the top but the family and friend dynamic and navigating a first love are all really cute so I can get over the Glitter Massacre and all the other insane shit that happens.
Veronique
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
"“We're librarians, sir. And we will not let you check out this future librarian unless you prove to us that you'll take good care of him when he's in your home.”

Oh the dangers of expectation! Having absolutely loved Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, I couldn’t wait to read this much-wanted sequel. As my scoring shows, it wasn’t love at first sight… Well, it is a little more complicated than that.

On the one side, it was so much fun to be reunited with these characters. Not just the main ones but
Kassiah
Mar 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya, pub-2016
I. Am. So. Excited!
So Excited for this Book!
K.
Alternate title: USE YOUR FUCKING WORDS.

I mean.

First of all, the Australian covers of this duology are the most godawful shit. Seriously. They're so, so ugly. We have Dash and Lily's Book of Dares at work and I can't persuade a single student to read it, even after nine months of trying. Which makes me sad, because the first book is super cute and I love it.

This one, however, is a) depressing as all hell, and b) just flat out frustrating. Lily drove me absolutely nuts from start to finish. Sh
Robin Stevens
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet, Christmassy, romantic romp through New York City. Do try to read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares before you read this, but I think it stands alone as well. 12+

Mike
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Sería más bien un 3,5. No es de los que más me han gustado de David Levithan, y el primero me parece mejor, pero me ha gustado reencontrarme con Dash, Lily y la prosa combinada de estos dos autores. Recomendado.
Josefina D
Jan 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-release
description
Kayla
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I did really enjoy this book but I didn't find the need for it. I feel that there was not any need to continue with Lily and Dash's story and I could have imagined an ending for them myself.
Cori Reed
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
CUTE. I didn't like it as much as the first story, but still a fun holiday read.
Maddie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Actual rating: 2.5 stars
Twelve Days of Dash and Lily is an unexpected sequel to Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, one of the first books I remember reading when I first joined BookTube. In a way, I loved this book as just a nod to the nostalgic days of 2013, and when I was still in the habit of reading seasonal books in their appropriate season. (Will this finally be the year that My True Love Gave to Me is appreciated?) But what else did I enjoy…?

P L O T

Following a pattern similar to Book of Dare
Kirsty
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2016, kindle
(Yes, I read this in October. I was too impatient to wait until a more sensible month in which to get to it.)

I shall begin my review by saying that I rarely read YA, but very much enjoyed Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, and wanted to see where Cohn and Leviathan would take them next. The writing of both authors is heightened far above that of other YA tomes which I have read in the past. Nothing feels cliched or dumbed down, for want of a better phrase, and some of the prose here is just beautif
Stopfi
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Manchmal ein bisschen schräg, aber sehr unterhaltsam und in meinen Augen besser und sympathischer als Band 1 🎄🎅🏻🎁💝
3.5/5
Laurence R.
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I thought it was better than the first book, but in the end, I don't think so. It's still cute, though! :)
Sara Santos
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"You can go anywhere in a book. Books are adventure. Knowledge. Possibility. Magic."
Sherry
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book...but especially the Librarians!
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I really enjoyed Dash and Lily from their first book, but this story just did not seem as good. It was woefully sad and did not have the excitement and wonder from the first book. Quick read though.

Full review here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

I have been in the Dash & Lily fan club since I read their story in 2014. I loved their crazy games and following clues. They were two lost souls that found each other and it was beautiful. I was over the moon excited to discover there was
Simone
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-library
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 stars

Christmas makes every book better. I think I liked this second book better than the first (!) and loved the subtle references to Cohn & Levithan’s other books. And the quirkiness of their characters and writing.

Also NYC is so romanticised buuuuut still so excited to go to the Strand one day (with my Strand tote - shout out to El) 📚
  • Trouble Makes a Comeback (Trouble, #2)
  • What Light
  • The Turncoat's Gambit (The Inventor's Secret, #3)
  • By Your Side
  • Still Life with Tornado
  • Kids of Appetite
  • Leave Me
  • Metaltown
  • As I Descended
  • The Great Shelby Holmes (The Great Shelby Holmes, #1)
  • The Upside of Unrequited
  • In Search Of Us
  • Someday (Every Day, #3)
  • Spare and Found Parts
  • Pumpkinheads
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • The Sun Is Also a Star
Rachel grew up in the D.C. area and graduated from Barnard College with a B.A. in Political Science. She has written many YA novels, including three that she cowrote with her friend and colleague David Levithan. She lives and writes (when she's not reading other people's books, organizing her music library or looking for the best cappuccino) in New York City.

Dash & Lily (2 books)
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I know in my heart that I can live without him and I know in my heart that I don't want to-that's a good place to start, right?” 16 likes
“Sometimes you make plans. Sometimes plans make themselves.” 13 likes