Start by marking “Crepúsculo (Crepúsculo, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crepúsculo (Crepúsculo, #1)

Crepúsculo

(The Twilight Saga #1)

3.60  ·  Rating details ·  4,934,639 ratings  ·  104,224 reviews
Hay tres cosas de las que estoy completamente segura. Primera, Edward es un vampiro. Segunda, una parte de él se muere por beber mi sangre. Y tercera, estoy total y perdidamente enamorada de él.

Cuando Isabella Swan se muda a Forks, una pequeña localidad del estado de Washington en la que no deja de llover, piensa que es lo más aburrido que le podía haber ocurrido en la vid
Published 2005 by Alfaguara

To ask other readers questions about Crepúsculo, please sign up.
Elias Shouldn't be allowed to what? Live? That's really judgmental. Well, I don't like Twilight because I don't like the way that it demystifies vampires- t…moreShouldn't be allowed to what? Live? That's really judgmental. Well, I don't like Twilight because I don't like the way that it demystifies vampires- they're supposed to be bloodthirsty, terrifying monsters, not pretty sparkly faeries!- and I can't stand the hugely anti-feminist messages. Also, I found Bella to be extremely annoying. But that's just me- don't kill me, please.(less)
Ally Neither Stephenie Meyer nor E.L. James should ever write anything ever again. Never ever. Ever. They're the exact same story (obviously, since FSoG is…moreNeither Stephenie Meyer nor E.L. James should ever write anything ever again. Never ever. Ever. They're the exact same story (obviously, since FSoG is based off Twilight) except one has sex and the other has vampires. They're both just absolutely awful, horrible, mind-numbingly painful examples of why not everyone who has access to a computer has talent to write a book.(less)

·  4,934,639 ratings  ·  104,224 reviews

Start your review of Crepúsculo (Crepúsculo, #1)
Feb 27, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, not even my worst enemy
Steph Sinclair
Mar 10, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Please see end of review for what I recommend
Recommended to Steph by: Myself (I had a moment of insanity)

Actual rating: 1.5 stars. Believe it or not, there are actually a few books that are worse than Twilight.

Ok, funny story. I was sitting on my couch with my husband last night finishing up Twilight. I slammed the book shut and began rubbing my temples. Then, my husband goes, "So you finally finished, huh?" "Yes. I can't believe I used to like this book," I said. "Hahaha! Yeah, I remember you were on Twilight's balls hard." Yeah, yeah, yeah...

There isn't a single book on my shelf that has fluctuat
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Sep 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shannon (Giraffe Days) by: Kiwiria
Oh my. This book, to me, is like chocolate: a delicious, sinful, addictive indulgence which you convince yourself has beneficial qualities (zinc, calcium, keeps me quiet at that time of the month...) in order to justify your addiction.

By "beneficial qualities", I mean that it's reading, and since when is reading bad? :) Let me say quite clearly that I'm a sucker for romance, especially the intense, passionate, tragic kind. I don't read romance novels*, though, because to me they are lacklustre -
Clare Richardson
Apr 29, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008
I hate this book. I will probably end up reading the rest of them, because if I don't, people that love this thing will think they can convert me if I just keep reading. (ETA (Jan. 2013): Never even remotely bothered to finish the series. I said that as a joke to begin with, and I did not finish the series. Did not finish them, not for irony's sake or for amusement's sake or as some kind of amulet to ward off kind-hearted Twimoms that would encourage me with "they get better!" I hope that clears ...more
James
Jul 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
It turns out we don't need Dr. John Gray to tell us that men are from Transylvania and women are from Venus. We just need to read Stephenie Meyer books. For example, from this book we learn that the millions of women who have wolfed down the Twilight series (pun intended) want men who:

1. Talk about their feelings. Either Meyer's husband is the single-most communicative male on the planet and she doesn't realize how unusual he is, or she, like most of her female readers, is using her fiction to i
N
Jun 07, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: morons
Shelves: fiction, teen
I really enjoy lively details. There's nothing better than knowing an author has really thought about her characters and situations, and come up with some surprising and delightful detail that makes the whole reading experience fuller. Lively details, you understand -- pointless details are a nightmare to read. I don't need to know that Bella ate a granola bar for breakfast. I REALLY DON'T. (Notice that I remembered the granola bar. I think this is partly because I was fervently hoping it would ...more
brian
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
my name is bella. bella swan. here's what stephenie didn't tell you. it's super-duper-important.

on the morning after it rained, it was rainy outside and i frowned at it being so rainy all the time. i chuckled to myself, darn weather! i stared at the rain outside, which is where they usually keep the rain. there was never any rain in phoenix. i love phoenix. i hate rain.

i tripped over a large air pocket on my bedroom floor and bashed my skull into the corner of my bookcase, which had three shelv
Miranda Reads
description

Ohhh yeah, I made a BookTube Video all about my scandalously unpopular twilight opinions (check out the video to see it...if you dare.)
Anyway, onwards to the review!
description
So, my review might be a bit biased...

This was my first (and only major) episode of fangirling.

I owned a tshirt ("vegetarian vampire" - so edgy).

I saw the first movie an embarrassingly high number of times in theater.

I judged people based off of Team Edward or Team Jacob (for the record: Edward in the books, Jacob in the movie
C.
Nov 21, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually had to give this book three separate reviews by three sides of my personality. My three-star rating is the median of the three:

Review 1, by My Inner Fifteen Year Old Girl (5 stars):
Bella is smart, funny, well-read, pretty and yet misunderstood by most of her peers (just like me). Then she meets a cool, hot guy who turns out to be a good vampire, and he can do really cool things, like run fast and stop cars with his hands, but he's still sweet and wonderful. It's ultimate wish-fulfillm
Joe
Jan 15, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: idiots, people who enjoy bad dialogue
Save your time: here's the entirety of Twilight in 20 dialogue snippets & a wiggedy-wack intermission.

First 200 pages:
"I like you, Edward!"
"You shouldn't! I'm dangerous!"
"But I'm dangerous!"

Next 50 pages:
"I'm a vampire!"
"I like you, Edward!"
"But I'm a vampire! I'm dangerous!"

Next 100 pages:
"I like you, Edward!"
"You smell good, Bella. I'm dangerous!"
"Damn, you smell good."
"I like you, Edward!"
"Also, I glow in sunlight."

Next 50 pages:
A
Kat
well, 12 year old kat is thriving rn...

20 year old me has literally no clue how to start articulating my feelings about this book, let alone set a rating, but i finished it lol
Trin
Jun 19, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american-lit, fantasy
Let me give you an idea of how much my opinion of this book changed at different stages of reading. When I was about a third of the way through, I was so into it that I immediately put my name on the library reservations list for the sequel, and wishlisted every edition on BookMooch. Now, having finished, I doubt I'll bother to read any further in the series. The opening is really quite interesting: Bella moves from sunny Arizona to rainy, gloomy Washington State to live with her father (her som ...more
Stephen
Twilight review intro

Welcome to Part II of the Vampire Compatibility Test (VCT). Before we continue, let's briefly racap Part I of the VCT. Your score in Part I should have given you a good idea of how critically you judge vampire fiction, placing you in either "Group A" or "Group B" based on overall points scored.

Group A:

A fairly harsh to extremely harsh critic that requires in a vampire story that it be: (a) well written or at least highly engaging prose; (b) tightly plotted with a well defined backstory tha
emma
TWILIGHT DRINKING GAME!

Take a sip every time:
- Edward smiles crookedly
- Bella trips on something
- A random guy is jealous of another random guy Bella is talking to
- Edward has a wicked glint in his eye
- Bella says she's not hungry

Take a shot every time:
- You wonder whether this town is suffering from a women-only pandemic or general shortage of women just because at least that would explain the low-grade tsunami of high school students constantly flooding Bella’s proverbial DMs
- Edward refers to
chan ☆
such a bittersweet goodbye

well myself and my counterpart on the dumb bitch book club have finally finish this lovely book. i have so many feelings about it, but i wouldn't even know where to begin.

primarily, this book is what got me into fandom culture. i started my first youtube channel solely to discuss twilight, the books and the movies. and edward was my first real crush.

upon reread as a 24 year old adult, it's pretty easy to see the faults of this book and its characters. and unfortunately
karen
spoiler alert: he's a vampire!!!

has anyone heard any press on this book yet?? i think that once the teens hear about it, the author will be quite successful. definite cinematic potential here.
................................................................................

pop - there goes my meyer cherry! and with it my integrity.

this, sadly, isn't one of those twilight reviews that is going to get a zillion votes. it isn't going to be particularly insightful or funny or anything like that. it i
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Call me crazy, but Twilight wasn't that bad. Well, sure, it's bad, but it's not 1-star bad. The sequels were atrocious, sure, but the first book wasn't the worst crap I've ever read.

What I suspect most of us hate about Twilight isn't the book itself, but the legion of rabid, terrifying fangirls. The ones debating on online forums about Team Edward vs. Team Jacob. The ones who will argue that Twilight is the best book ever written. The ones who camp out at Twilight movie premieres 1 month before
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
I'm tired of people ripping this book to pieces and secretely devouring it. I don't believe you for a second that you didn't enjoy it if you happened to have ratings and long rants about the following books.

Accept it! Stephanie Meyer kept you reading her very long books! And you are only complaining about stalking tendencies because YOU know this is fiction.

I DON'T WANT A GUY WATCHING ME SLEEP. In real life that's creepy.

BELLA COULD HAVE GOTTEN HERSELF KILLED MULTIPLES TIMES IF IT HADN'T BEEN F
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.”

I love Twilight. I love the whole series.

There is a reason this was so popular. It's one of the big love stories of our time. You may roll your eyes now but it's true. It's so incredibly romantic. The vampire thing is just another exciting addition - brutally beautiful, rich, talented and mysterious characters. How can one not be intrigued?
Bella, however, was the opposite, she's the one longing for all of this, and I can totally rela
Kiki
I genuinely can’t believe I finished this book, and I don’t mean that in an offhand, wow, what a garbage fire sort of way. I mean that I’m actually fucking surprised that I managed to turn the last page of this and not immediately die of organ failure. And then my sister would have to come and break down my front door and find me contorted on my bed in my crusty old pyjamas with Dorito dust under my fingernails, and morticians would have to break my bones to pry this book out of my cold dead han ...more
Jessica Edwards
Where do I start with this?
I don't know about you, but I was hyped when this book came out.
Anything involving Vampires or Wolves....I want to read it.
I read this again a couple of weeks ago and because I'm going to start reviewing more books (even though I'm not very good at it) I wanted to review this particular book more than any other book.
Twilight, I love you. I love the series. And the films. Enough said.
I don't know if it's because of the story or what, but this whole series will fore
Mary
Jun 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, not even my most hated enemy!
Recommended to Mary by: the Net
Twilight is lame and stupid.

I think everyone knows that the characters are essentially the ones who make up the book. It’s through them that the plot is developed, the conflicts are carried, the climax is revealed, stuff like that. And when you’re writing in a first person POV, you have to make that “first person” interesting and observant. Bella, our first person, is about as interesting as a rock.

Isabella is nothing more than a Mary Sue. It doesn’t even take a genius to figure out that ‘Bella
jessica
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow. ten years later and im still absolute trash for edward cullen!?!? i guess my love for EC is just as immortal as he his. hehehe.

going into this reread, i honestly didnt know what to expect. i thought there was potential for me to completely hate it, but i could also see myself still enjoying it. what surprised me the most was the huge dose of nostalgia this gave me.

looking back, im pretty sure this is the first book that got me to read outside my comfort zone. a friend had recommended it a
Ariel
Rereading this with my friend Raeleen was a GIFT. I have such deeply fond memories of Twilight and while rereading it has made me see a lot more of the issues with the text, it also has continued to be so much FUN.
Annette
Apr 21, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Annette by: too many people to list
Ok... I know that I'm going to offend a lot of people with this review, but I feel that I have to be honest about this. There are quite a few things that bother me about this book, I will only list the top 5 here:

1) Bella - She is the exact character that I do NOT want my daughters to have as a role model. She is a sighing, swooning, fainting, weeping, weak female character straight out of the 19 century. This is the 21st century people! Do we want to raise a generation of namby pamby young wome
Cait
Since this book has already been reviewed from hell to high water, I thought that I could treat you all to what this whole book (and small part of New Moon, as well) was in a simple little gif nutshell. Enjoy, all:

And that's pretty much it.
Melanie
Hey, friends! I’m going to keep it extremely honest with you and let you know that I feel like I need to practice writing in-depth reviews again. It’s been a while, and by a while I mean… it’s been since February. I am rusty, and not that confident, so I’m using my highlights and notes from a few rereads I did earlier this year to hopefully shake some of that rust off and regain a little confidence. Also, I always love a good breakdown. So, without further ado, here is the most chaotic SPOILER F ...more
_ngallagher
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You guys....I KNOW. I KNOW. I KNOW!!!! I know the writing is so bad and that Edward watches her sleep but I don’t care I had so much fun rereading this and I feel 15 again I loved it so much (objectively the book should actually get a 2-3/5 but let this scene queen live for just a minute)
Matt
Jan 14, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love thomas kincaide and celine dion
there are so many problems with this book that i can't even begin to address them all. but i will say this, 'twilight' is probably one of the worst, if not THE worst, books i've ever read. the writing is amateurish at best [cliches, stereotypes, purple prose--how anyone can applaud meyer's prose is puzzling]; the editing--or lack thereof--is appalling [this is a 200 page novel, no more and probably less]; the grammar and syntax are unforgivably bad; the plot is onion-skin thin; and the character ...more
Movie name Game!! 13696 3903 19 minutes ago
Addicted to YA: Twilight 92 949 Sep 23, 2020 09:15PM
Which is better: Percy Jackson or Twilight? Why is it better? 192 414 Sep 18, 2020 01:26PM
Shark Tank Book Club: Twilight (Book) 26 95 Aug 22, 2020 10:57AM
Jacob didn't imprint on Bella, but?... 110 929 Aug 11, 2020 06:00PM
DISO Original UK Cover Edition 1 2 Aug 07, 2020 08:26AM
Can somebody explain why Edward is so in love with Bella in the books! 103 736 Aug 05, 2020 03:46PM

• Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Hobbit, or There and Back Again
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1)
  • The Twilight Saga: New Moon: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • The Great Gatsby
Stephenie Meyer is the author of the bestselling Twilight series, The Host, and The Chemist. Twilight was one of 2005's most talked about novels and within weeks of its release the book debuted at #5 on The New York Times bestseller list. Among its many accolades, Twilight was named an "ALA Top Ten Books for Young Adults," an Amazon.com "Best Book of the Decade So Far," and a Publishers Weekly Bes ...more

The Twilight Saga (6 books)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
  • Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • Untitled (Twilight, #6)

Articles featuring this book

They’re baaaaaaack! Young adult vampires, that is. Fifteen years after Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight took the world by storm, we’re seeing a...
“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.” 10408 likes
“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…" he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion.”
8596 likes