Start by marking “Stroke of Midnight” as Want to Read:
Stroke of Midnight

Stroke of Midnight

(Nightcreature #1.5 - Red Moon Rising)

In an unseen world that lurks in the shadows, they roam the night--feral, passionate, and dangerous. And when their world touches ours, a primitive desire takes hold, leaving mere mortals powerless in its wake...

Four of romance's most intriguing authors have come together to create a mesmerizing anthology--unforgettable tales of vampires, shapeshifters, and werewolves. At
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published November 2nd 2004 by St. Martin's Press (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Stroke of Midnight, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Stroke of Midnight
Sophia Triad
Winder Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I just love stories with fated mates who both try to resist unsuccessfully the mating.

Pandora comes from the future. She was brought to the present by a group of were-panthers in order to be used by them. When she manages to escape, she cannot go back home. So, she visits a DragonCon science finction convection in order to find Acheron and ask for his help. She does not find Acheron straight away, but she discovers a very sexy were-panther and his three brothers.

D
Julianna
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance/Urban Fantasy; The Dark-Hunters, Vampire Huntress or Nightcreature Series
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Winter Born was another enjoyable story in the Dark-Hunter series. At only 75 pages, it is pretty short and very fast-paced. The whole story took place in just one day's time. As I've said many times before, I'm not usually a fan of instant hook-ups, but in this case it worked OK for me. That's because it all made sense within the context of the heroine being in heat and the way that the were-hunter mating rituals work. At least they
Exina
I've read only Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
2 stars

Winter Born is the story of Dante Pontis and Pandora Kouti.

The story is too hasty, with too much animalistic qualities of the characters. It looks like Pandora is motivated by the amazing sex, and the safety Dante is willing to give to her. May the love come too one day. Hopefully.

There were some great moments though, thanks to Ash and Simi (again).
The tall “demon” handed the man a credit card. “It’s broke again, akri,” she said, pouting
Ivy
5 stars

Liked all the short stories from the authors. All were very good. Really liked the one by Sherrilyn Kenyon though. That's the reason why I got the book for the Dark Hunter Universe short story. The other stories were also good as well.

Can't wait to read more stories from the authors!!!!!
Fangirl Musings
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone! The DH series kicks major butt!
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: No one; but the series was recomended to me by a kind BAM sales

Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Read: November 4th, 2013
Read: May 3rd, 2010
Read: March 2007
Read: April 2005
Read: February 1st, 2004

Short, simple, and sweet! Three adjectives that are entirely apropos for this Panther tale by Sherrilyn Kenyon! While the book is a collection of short stories, I am guilty of having only read Winter Born. Shocking, I know, but considering the fact that I bought this exclusively for Sherri's stories, I figure; go figure. Read all the other short stories in this colle
Dec 06, 2009 rated it liked it
I really like Sherrilyn Kenyon's short stories. They are very predictable but in a good way...every one of them has a great happy ending. "Winter Born" was about 2 were-panthers who are mated, but pandora was stolen from the future, and Dante (with help from Acheron-woot!) saved her and pounded on the pack that tried to enslave her. a quick read and SK's usual sense of humor. 5 Stars

Amanda Ashley's "Born of the Night" was good, sweet really. He's a cursed lord who takes revenge on her family for
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
The best story of this collection was Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The worst was Amanda Ashley’s contribution. The other two were very good as well.
Leah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Saleema Parker
Apr 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teens, adults
Stroke of Midnight was a very interesting and good book. It held my attention through the whole book. This book has four different authors, with four wonderful stories about the supernatural worlds.

The first story was by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This story was called Winter Born. It was about Were-Panthers. The way she put this together it was very good and creative. It had drama, romance, action, violence everything she hit everything. This is my first time reading this authors book and by this it
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I'm only giving this book 3 stars based on the 1st & 2nd story alone. "Winter Born" Dante and Pandora's story of course was short, but it was detailed enough to keep my interest. Had alot of funny moments in my opinion, and the love scenes were GREAT! But I felt the chemistry between them and it was believable. So if you want a quick interesting read this story is for you.

"Born Of Night"
was a pretty good one as well. Good romance novella. Lord Reyes I really like his character. But that was pret
Lauren
Mar 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
I only read the Winter Born story, I had it as an e-read.Loved it as expected. there was a couple of Ash scenes that I read loved. Pandora and Dante's story was really sweet and I enjoyed it.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Aug 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
I am gonna break down my rating of the stories.
Winter Born 4 stars
Born of the Night 4 stars
Make it Last Forever 1 star
Red Moon Rising 3 stars
Carolyn F.
I've read the Sherrilyn Kenyon short story only. Pretty good.
Alison
Read for the Sherrilyn Kenyon story

A lovely tale of two shifters avoiding their mates yet finding each other anyway
Rachael
Mar 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm not a huge fan of these anthologies. I prefer the slower burn of a full novel or a series. But I pull them out occasionally in wave of nostalgia. Remember being a kid and sneaking a romance novel into the cart and thinking you pulled a fast one on your parent? Ha.

Winter Born is ok. Their relationship isn't based on a whole lot. I get the feeling she could have waited around a bit longer and found someone just as handsome to marry, but whatever.

Born of the Night- skipped. Basic boring abducti
Skye
I absolutely adored this sensual, shapeshifting paranormal romance collection. There was just something about it that was completely impossible to put down. That got my heart pumping. That made me want to run to the nearest book shop and buy all the books. And spend days on end just reading. There was just something that made me fall head over heels with this collection.

The stroke of midnight is an eerie point, a tweening time when you’re kind of between times. The four novellas in this collecti
Angie-Leonie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Only read the LA Banks story as a long time fan of the vampire huntress series. I held off reading this back story for well over a decade, as my heart already knew it couldn't EVER be ready for the angst in the storyline, and I was right. Rider and Tara's story is what good romance stories aim for, and suspense series keeps you engaged in. These two are the side characters you live for and its with a sad smile, that the passing of Ms Banks means no extraordinary storylines from the gruff Kentuck ...more
Jeanie's Kindle
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
rated each one separately from 3 to 4 star
Terra
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I usually am disappointed about collections of stories but I liked all of them!
Sandy Carmichael
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this adventure into paranormal romance.
Linda
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four beautiful tales of romance, four very accomplished authors, four ordinary (?) people become involved with the supernatural. Loved each of the stories.
Shannon Roland
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I usually only read anthologies that have at least one author I like. This collection has a story by L.A. Banks. The theme of this collection is paranatural or supernatural tales of sensual romance. Sometimes a bit too much sensual and not enough supernatural.

An average collection of tales. I have read better anthologies. This one contains four tales by four different authors.

1. The first tale is Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This story focuses on a human born were-animal trying to find the
Kathy
Cherise
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Theresa
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
A collection of 4 short stories by great authors.

'Winter Born' Sherrlyn Kenyon. 5 Stars. I reviewed this on it's own page, so plz see that.

'Born of the Night' Amanda Ashley. Haven't read. Have so much else to read, may, may not.

'Make it Last Forever': Vampire Huntress 3.5 LA Banks. 3 Stars. Kinda of odd. You know somethings going to or is happening but not what or when. Tara is running away from? to get to her grandma's in New Mexico. Rider is running from a deadend job to follow his dreams.
Mary
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
4 short stories. I read it for the Kenyon Were story.

Winter Born - Sherrilyn Kenyon- Pandora (an Arcadian werepanther - read born human) was brought out of her time to be a slave to a Katagarian - read born animal - werepanther pack. She escapes and is looking for Archeron at Dragon*Con to save her. Instead she meets and becomes the mate to Dante Pontis - a werepanter to be feared.

Born of the Night - Amanda Ashley - Shanara has instlust with Reyes the werewolf who just killed her uncle and cous
Diana
Maura
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5; Donavons #1)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #13.5; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter #0.8)
  • Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Immortal Ops Box Set (Immortal Ops, #1-4)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #8)
  • Powerless (Steel Demons MC #2)
  • Dig Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #2)
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Make Her New (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #2)
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • Heart of the Dragons (Bad Dragons, #2)
  • Kiss of the Dragons (Bad Dragons, #1)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
Official Author site
Official Hunter Legends site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Paladins (thousands of whom proudly

Nightcreature (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • Crescent Moon (Nightcreature, #4)
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)
  • Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8)
  • Marked by the Moon (Nightcreature, #9)
  • Moon Cursed (Nightcreature, #10)