Start by marking “Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5)” as Want to Read:

Dark Bites

(Dark-Hunter #22.5)

For years, eager fans have been clamoring for an all-in-one collection of #1 bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon’s novellas. At their enthusiastic behest, we have delivered this brand-new short story collection, including stories previously exclusive to Sherrilyn’s website, as well as an all-new, never-before seen story!

Sherrilyn Kenyon takes readers from the Dark-Hunters
Published January 21st 2014 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Bites, please sign up.
Donna Burns Kenyon does try to explain things so that you can read each novella by itself. Same with each of her book in the series. But as a whole, the book ties…moreKenyon does try to explain things so that you can read each novella by itself. Same with each of her book in the series. But as a whole, the book ties together the series and answers some questions. Personally, I would perfer to read the series first and include each novella where it would fit in the series. Her website lists the order you can read them.(less)

Sophia Triad
This has many short stories from the Dark-Hunterverse.
I will rated and reviewed them separately:

1. House Of The Rising Son: House of the Rising Son (Dark Hunter #22.5; The Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #28) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

2. Phantom Lover: Phantom Lover (Dream-Hunter, #0.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
4 stars

3. Winter Born: Winter Born (Were-Hunter, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse #6.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
5 stars

4. A Dark Hunter's Christmas: A Dark-Hunter Christmas (Dark-Hunter #3.6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
4 stars

5. Until Death We Do Part: Until Death We Do Part (Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
....Review: https://www.goodreads.com/revie
Carmen
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
I am reviewing this story-by-story, interspersed with reviewing Kenyon's actual novels (these are novellas), and I am doing it in chronological order.

So consider this review a work in progress.

6.) FEAR THE DARKNESS
Nick Gautier mourns the effects of Katrina and generally acts like the biggest moron possible. Sad to see him get used like a complete idiot. I can't STAND him anymore. What a weak-ass, pathetic excuse for a man.

As a side note, Kenyon does herself no favors by putting this line on page
Alp
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
HOUSE OF THE RISING SON: 4 stars

Another tear-jerking paranormal romance story from Sherrilyn Kenyon. It was sweet, beautiful, yet heartbreaking. There were two main characters whom I found very endearing, and there were villains whom I hoped rotten in hell. This novella gave me so many feels. There were moments of love, joy, laughter, and heartache, all rolled into one amazing read.

However, please note that there was mild cliffhanger in the end and no HEA, but thankfully, we can read more about
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I'm reading these short stories/novellas in the order the author has listed on her site for the Dark-Hunter series. I'll update this as I read.

1. Phantom Lover: Dream Hunter V'Aiden & Erin. 4 stars

2. A Dark-Hunter Christmas: Dark Hunter Jamie Gallagher. Five stars, because 70% of it is Simi!!!!

3. A Hard Day's Night Searcher: 2. Kinda boring. Dark Hunter Rafael (pirate)& squire Celena

4. Until Death Do We Part: 3 stars. Dark Hunter Prince Velkan Danesti & Princess Esperetta (Vlad Drac
Gavin
Jul 08, 2015 added it
Shelves: paranormal
I'll be updating this review as I make my way through the Dark-Hunter novellas in this anthology.

I've read a few so far and most have been pretty good so I'm already happy that this collection has been worth the buying. A lot of the novellas were available in other collections, but the big plus the Dark Bites anthology has is that there is an audio version narrated by Fred Berman.

A Dark-Hunter Christmas

This was a tiny novella that focused on the Dark-Hunter, Gallagher, as he found himself in th
Anna
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
[Audio Review]

House of the Rising Son: New story, first time in print. Setting starts in 12,252 B.C. This one tells the story of Aricles and Bathymaas. It also features Galenus and Caleb Malphas. An interesting tale but not my favorite of the Dark-Hunter short stories. I would say this is a bit of a prequel to Styxx, but also a stand alone story.

Phantom Lover: I first read this story when it was published in the anthology Midnight Pleasures. This was an introduction of the Dream-Hunter. This one
AL
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's only one short story that I haven't read and that related to the Dark-Hunter World is House of the Rising Son. Styxx and Bethany's past life as Aricles and Bathymaas. Reading this story has made a lot sense to me. Everything is clearer now like how Aricles died by Bathymaas hand because of the clever treachery of Apollo. There was such a sadness in this story, short even though but still the strength of the sorrow is like a punch to your stomach again. I'm glad I read Styxx and know what ...more
Lelyana
Aug 25, 2012 marked it as to-read
OHMYGOOOOOOOOD STYXX???????

WHEEEEEEEEN????????
Cyndi
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Great in between and filler stories for the Dark Hunter Universe. There are two stories that aren't from there, a modern day sweet office romance and a western. Both are written with Kenyon's brilliant and sexy style.
Alisha Tarran
Dark Bites is a collection of novella's, some previously seen on her website and one that's all new. We're taken from Dark Hunter's to demigods, from Dream Hunters to demons, and everything in between. And all in once place for the ultimate Kenyon fan.

The stories are very short, I feel I should point out. So short that the characters and plots lacked depth, and all of the stories felt very very rushed. I feel like a lot of Kenyon fans are going to be very very disappointed with this book, and t
Maxie
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kinky-paranormal
Dark Bites Sherrilyn Kenyon

I have been bitten by the versatility of the dynamic writing skills of Sherrilyn Kenyon. A reader will savor the tenderness of love, heaviness of death, war and the tranquility of peace, spiced up with the sensuality only a gifted writer Sherrilyn Kenyon can conjure up. Dark Bites has it all and worth every thrilling heart pounding moment I spent although I burned a few batches of cookies. I could not eject myself from this bewitching book bejeweled with searing action
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
May 06, 2018 is currently reading it
Shelves: may-2018
Okay, sooooo I guess I'll review each individual story as I get through them? This is my first review of an anthology (I think) so we'll go with that for now, especially because I'm reading them out of order.

Phantom Lover (V'Aidan and Erin): Ehhhh, the Dream-Hunters were already my least favorite of the DH universe because I tend to not like the My-Race-Doesn't-Have-Emotions trope unless the character was struggling with gaining them BEFORE meeting their love interest, because it's kind of hard
Beth
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sherrilyn Kenyon is a master story teller. When you combine a bunch of her novellas into a book you can't go wrong. Dark Bites is a fabulous example of Kenyon's writing abilities. This book high lights many of her marvelous series with this collection of short stories...making me want to delve deeper into Kenyon's highly imaginative worlds. I found Dark Bites a brilliant collection of utterly entertaining stories that left me wanting more. As a fan and avid follower of everyone of Kenyon's serie ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Where Angels Fear to Tread
Love Bytes
Santa Wears Spurs
Bonus - Redemption

A collection of short stories. There are a few that are part of the Dark-Hunter Universe and a few stand-alone stories, etc... Most are romance but not all. I liked some and I loved others and then one or two were just meh for me. Still if you love the Dark-Hunter series the
Ivy
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Dark-Hunter verse
Shadow of the Moon : 5 stars

Fury and Angelia's story was cool. Nice to see Vane, Bride, Fang, Zarek, and all the others again. Hope Fury and Lia will have a nice long life together. Want to learn more about Dare.

Where Angels Fear to Tread: 5 stars

Hope to see Zeke again. Hope he will do good as the Seraph. How did his granduncle Michael survive so long?

Love Bytes: 5 stars

Adrian and Sam's story was cute. Wonder what it would be like to work at a company and fix lots of repairs like Adrian. Hope th
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A wonderful collection of short stories by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Some of the stories have been published before and some are brand new. I love her writing whether it's about Dark-Hunters or not. Great read!!
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

More Kenyon! *happy dance*
Genea
Aug 09, 2017 marked it as read-bindups-i-own
So Far:

A Dark-Hunter Christmas - 4 Stars
Such a sweet little morsel. I loved this so much, wish I had read it during Christmas time, I would have probably felt even more touched by it. It was also a surprising departure from the typical Dark-Hunter story. And Simi is the best, kinda scary sometimes with that appetite of hers, but she is the smartest and most adorable demon ever.
Melissa
A collection of short stories that slide between or compliment her longer dark hunter books.

Except the 3 at the end that seem to have nothing to do with this series so I am not sure why they were included.

Overall, most of the short stories bounce between 3-4 stars. While you won't miss any details if you don't read them that will affect your understanding of the series they were fun to read.

Courtney
A great short story collection that gives us more insight into the background of some of our favorite Dark Hunters.
David Veith
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
lots of short stories, some real short, some longer. Some good some not.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review

Title:Dark Bites

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Genre: Horror/Thriller/Romance

Rating: ***

Review: Readers are going to savor the sweetness of love, death, war and peace with the sensuality only the gifted writer Sherrilyn Kenyon can conjure for millions of readers. Dark Bites has it all and is worth every thrilling heart pounding moment I sent burning cookies. I could not pull myself away from this bewitching book. It is bejeweled with searing action, sensuality, tenderness, heartache and vict
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Jan 20, 2014 is currently reading it
Shelves: audiobooks
"House of the Rising Sun"

"Phantom Lover" was an emotionally charged short story featuring a human woman plagued by horrible nightmares and the mysterious dream man who comes to her rescue, but can she trust this man's kind intentions or is the something more behind his actions even if they are only in her dreams?

This was really a great story that really delved into the Dream-Hunter realm of the Dark-Hunter series and really highlighted the power of the characters and their universe. I liked how
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Dark Bites is a great big book of Dark Hunter novellas; a fabulous treat for Kenyon fans. All these short stories are entertaining and some hotter than others but all stories are great reads. There are twelve short stories plus a bonus scene from the Guardian. Most of these were initially released from anthologies which I’ve listed below.

From the World of the Dark-Hunters:

-House of the Rising Son –First time in Print. A prequel to Styxx.
-Phantom Lover – This is V’Aiden and Erin’s Story and it o
Book Reading Gals
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Title: Dark Bites

Series: Dark-Hunter

Author: Sherilynn Kenyon

Genre: Paranormal

Sherrilyn Kenyon takes readers from the Dark-Hunters to the demigods, from Dream-Hunters to demons, a
Cocktails and Books
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This very large book is a collaboration of all the Dark-Hunter novellas except Dragonswan, which was published by a different publisher. Two novellas unrelated to the Dark-Hunter series, Love Bytes and Santa Wears Spurs, are also included in the book. Fear the Darkness is a short story Sherrilyn Kenyon wrote in 2007 as a “thank you” to fans. The story was published on her website and is now in print for the first time in this book.

There are two new stories featured in Dark Bites. The first story
Renégade ♥
I'm currently doing a buddy read for the Dark Hunter series with intentions of reading the books/novellas/short stories in order. I've just finished Night Embrace so there's still a ways for me to go.

I won't actually be reading these stories as they've been listed in the table of contents (though I've listed them here in that order) but hopefully in the order Ms. Kenyon has provided for the Dark Hunter series on her website.

I suspect it may take me a while to get through them all. That being t
Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥
I only read House of the Rising Son and Where Angels Fear to Tread. I already knew the other Dark Hunter stories.

House of the Rising Son ***

This was an interesting story. I enjoyed that it spans several years and we don't have them fall in love within one day. Bathymass was fun with her not understanding human emotions. Aricles was a sweet guy. I liked that he enjoyed the quiet life.

Phantom Lover **

A Dark-Hunter Christmas ***

Winter Born **

A Hard Day’s Night Searcher **

Until Death We Do Part **
Gina
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
Dark Bites: A Short Story Collection (Audio CD) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Read by Ed Berman.

A collection of short stories written by Kenyon that sometimes show up at the end of a book as a bonus, on her website or in collections of various authors' works.

Many I had read already, one - Love Bites - was long, drawn-out, predictable and boring.

The reader, Ed Berman, is much better than the usual reader for Kenyon's audio books, Holter Graham.

If you really want more Kenyon, give this a read. I did lea
Patricia Lopes
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
- House of the Rising Son - ****
.Aricles & Bathymaas (prequel of Styxx book)

- Phantom Lover - ****

Caleb Malphas --- Spoilers 3 28 Nov 01, 2014 07:28AM
Kenyons Minions: * DARK BITES **Possible Spoilers** 31 101 Jun 15, 2014 06:46PM
recommendation 1 11 Jan 31, 2014 06:54PM
Goodreads Authors...: Book covers and titles 6 38 Jan 18, 2014 12:15PM

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Thomas' Heart (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #4)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Oh, Christmas Hells, Oh Christmas Hells (Lords of Deliverance, #4.5; Demonica, #9.5)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Hearts of Shadow (Deadglass, #2)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15)
  • NOT A BOOK
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
“The only reason a man should ever pick up a sword was to protect those he loved, not to willfully take the life of someone else's beloved.” 21 likes
“Dearly weird and motley beings, we're gathered here today for . . . yada, yada, yada. Seth say something profound and sweet to Lydia." Savitar
"My Lydia is like a star rising to guide me through the darkest night." Seth
"Look, kid, I can say the words for you, but I think she'd rather hear them from your lips. Ignore the assholes in the chairs. If one of them laughs, I'll gut him for you." Savitar
Lydia laid her hand against his cheek and kissed his lips. "Hey, hey, hey!" Savitar snapped. "You're jumping ahead, woman. It's your turn to make a vow to him."
"Love is paitent. Love is kind.
It does not envy. It does not boast. It does not proud.
It is not rude. It is not self seeking.
It is not easily angered> It keeps no records of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, it always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." Lydia
"Yeah, okay,beings . . . now you ." Savitar
"Alright then, to the handful here, let me present Mr. and Mrs. Demigod jackal beings." Savitar
"You know this would be much easier if some of us had last names." Savitar to Seth and Lydia
"Would you stop ruining this for them?" Ma'at
"I'm not ruining it, Mennie, I'm making it memorable," Savitar”
14 likes