Start by marking “TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)” as Want to Read:
TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)

TimeRiders (TimeRiders #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  10,288 Ratings  ·  912 Reviews
Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren’t rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose—to fix broken history. Because
Published February 4th 2010 by Penguin Group (Australia)

Aurora
I picked this book up at Books-a-Million, a bookstore I don't usually shop at. I had looked at it several times at other book stores, but I had never bought it until that night. I have since learned that if I look at a book several times, but only buy it later, I will probably love it, and this is no exception.
TimeRiders is a time travel story about three kids saved from death to protect the future from time travelers who mess with time. There is more to the story, though, because the kids start
Silvanna
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Liam, Sal and Mandy are a team of time travelers sucked into a adventure that will change the course of world history. A fun read. Loved ‘Captain Bob’!
S.W.
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The TimeRiders is a great book that has hooked me for the rest of the series. The blurb for this book is brilliant. How can you not be intrigued by this?
" Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, ‘Take my hand ...’ "

These three teens are saved from certain death and catapulted into a world of time travel and mystery. They become
Triss
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travelers
4. Ale len preto, že viem, že táto séria bude mať 9 častí a na GR je len 5 hviezdičiek.

- úžasný obal
- skvelý preklad
- perfektný dej
- postavy, ktoré si zamilujete
- Bob

Všetci toto čítajte :)

UPDATE: Všetci toto čítajte, lebo ja si strašne prajem, aby na Slovensku vyšla celá séria.
Stuart
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
"Let's take a episode from the TV series Time Tunnel and write it in print"

What do three random strangers have in common? Well imagine this, your having a normal day and then you are told by a complete stranger your about to die. You have a choice, either stay and face death or be pulled out from the situation you find yourself in and become a member of the Timeriders. Or is that Time Tunnel? To me, this does read like a lazy rip-off from the old TV series. There is even a episode similar to thi
Mark
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Mark by: Eunice Masters
If books won accolades for the gripping start of their plots then this first volume in the series ought to have won award after award after award. It is a really clever concept where young people destined for a horrible death are rescued by a stranger suddenly appearing in the moment of catastrophe. The option given to them, either stay and die as was planned or take the step into the unknown and become a 'Time rider'.

The job of these new recruits is to live in one day of time continually repeat
Annabel
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Unf. I really wanted to like this book more than I did.
Time Riders has a simple but brilliant concept: time police. Whenever anyone goes back and tries to change the timeline, they dash in, guns a-blazing and fix it, along with the help of Bob, a sort of android-y being whose unemotional attitude leads to some occasionally hilarious oneliners. The main characters, (aside from aforementioned android) are Liam, a boy who should have died on the Titanic in 1912, Maddy Carter, who should have died i
Jonathan Terrington
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans, young adult readers
Having just read the second of this series I believe it is time I retrace my steps and quickly review this fine novel. Of course if you want a more interesting read jump on to the second review.

As far as YA reads go TimeRiders is brilliant. There's a lot of action, a lot of deaths and lots of technology. Not to mention that a few brilliant twists and tension exist in spade-loads throughout the gripping plot.
Of the two I have read there is no doubt the first is superior in terms of plot and wow
Erik Fazekas
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ou Kriste, tak toto teda skoncilo! Perfektna kniha, perfektny napad, perfektne premyslene.
Zo zaciatku sa mi to ale nepacilo, prvych 100 - 150 stran mi pripadalo chaotickych, otvorim knihu a hned Titanic, potom pad lietadla, potom rok 2026, potom Kennedy, potom 2066, potom Hitler, potom dvojicky... a ja ze hello, mam statnicu z historie, ale ledva sa v tom orientujem takto, vela a naraz, ale potom som pochopil, ujo nam to musel vysvetlit a zaroven rozvijat pribeh, inak by sme knihu odvrhli, ze p
Mahdi Aljamri
Jan 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
روااية على غلافها كل تلك التعليقات يعني انها (وااو)، وانك ستتذوق متعةً لن تقل كثيراً عن رواية شيفرة دافنشي وملائكة وشياطين،
وروايات الغسق لاستيفاني ماير عن مصاصو الدماء، وانك ستعيش أجواءاً دافئة بين أوراق رواية تبدو من عنوانها غاية في الخيال اللذيذ!

وستتنقل بين الأزمان في قوالب ممتعة من الرواية، وكنت أخطط الى أي مقهى سأجلس فيه لـ ابدأ قراءتها وسط اندماج تام..

الرواية كانت جامدة، لا تشويق فيها، وهي عبارة عن احداث عادية، فلان ذهب للعام ١٩٩٤ وجلس في الحانة، والتقى بفلان وعاد مجدداً للعام ٢٠١٠.

لم ا
Tyrean
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
I loved the concept of this book, and some of the character development was good. The action scenes are excellent.

What I didn't like:
The only swearing used, over and over again, is Jesus' name, which bugged me. I know not everyone shares my faith, but sometimes, in instances like this, I feel like I'm having someone throw their disbelief in my face over and over again. I'm not a fan of swearing in books generally, and this kind of ruined the book for me. I can't recommend it to friends, even th
Alex
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
(3.75)
Pierwszy tom serii Time Riders to fantazyjna podróż do przeszłości. Wartka akcja, wyraziści bohaterowie, humor, wszystko ciekawe i dopięte na ostatni guzik. Scarrow bardzo pozytywnie mnie zaskoczył i pokazał, że każdy może w jakiś sposób odcisnąć piętno w historii. Jeźdźcy w czasie spodobają się nie tylko fanom podróży w czasie, ale też miłośnikom historii i osobom, które chcą przeżyć niesamowitą przygodę z barwnymi bohaterami w roli dowódców. Gorąco polecam!
Miruš
Perfektné, perfektné, perfektné! Eňo ňuňo kniha, mať k nej ešte tak aj pokračko hneď po ruke, bolo by to ideálne. :D
Julie
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Excellente découverte! Moi qui ne suis pas tellement branchée SF en général, j'ai vraiment apprécié ce livre. L'idée de départ est bien exploitée et l'équipe de Time Riders sympa à suivre. Cette saga m'a l'air prometteuse, je pense donc la poursuivre :)
edifanob
Oct 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2010-reads
Awesome read! Hard to put down. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Fortunately there will be NINE books!!!!!

Read my full review over at Edi's Book Lighthouse
Petra Sýkorová
Liam měl zemřít v podpalubí Titaniku, když se potopil. Maddy měla zemřít v letadle po té, co vybuchla bomba. Sal měla uhořet v Indii. Liam je z roku 1912, Maddy z roku 2010 a Sal z roku 2026. Všem třem byla nabídnuta možnost žít, ale už nikdy se nebudou moci vrátit do svých životů tak, jak je znali. Místo toho začnou pracovat pro agenturu Jezdců v čase.

V budoucnosti totiž lidé sestrojí stroj času a lidé se tak budou moci vrátit do minulosti. A právě proto jsou tady Jezdci času. Mají zabránit a
Jason
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2013
3.5 Stars

This is an enjoyable first book in a neat time traveling young adult series. Time Riders is an easy read that will have you flying through the pages. The cast is a bunch of young likables that we simply need to know more about.

The premise is cool...a secret agency plucks our heroes out of time moments before their deaths. They are all chosen for their unique talents and gifts, wether that is being the analytical one, the technical one, or the one that can formulate tactics and plans.

The
Aso
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aihhh bukunya keren, sangat menghibur, menegangkan dari awal sampai akhir. My favorite character is Bob. Saya harap dia bakal muncul lagi di buku buku selanjutnya.
Lynda
Review to follow
Emma
May 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, sci-fi-fantasy
alis
aku udah beli buku keduanya kapan tau, soalnya murah karena lagi diskon eh obral ketang, soalnya juga buku-buku awal di serial ini udah susah banget dicari, soalnya juga katanya ini bagus, covernya juga badai, jadi kenapa enggak? sebenernya aku baca buku pertama ini versi bahasa inggrisnya. dan yaampun, aku gabakalan nyangka banget aku bakal bilang kalau buku ini bosenin parah mungkin karena aku ga klik dengan gaya penceritaannya yang gitu deh. aku ga suka banget baca info dumb di awal chapter p ...more
Jamie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one with a brain
This book had such promise... but then screwed it up by "dumbing down" to be understood by YA readers. Unfortunately, they forgot that young adults are actually capable of understanding things like: paradoxes and literary inconsistencies.

The worst of it is that there is a "time bubble", within which the time travelers are safe from the looping of the same few days and the effects of changes in the timeline... EXCEPT for the one girl who is standing outside "when" the timeline got changed by a bu
Andrew
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first in an onging series and for the first volume I must say I enjoyed it. I have read several time travel books and they seem to take one of two paths - lets have some fun and blow the consequences and explainations and the other - lets set some rules (which by now most people agree with) and stick to them. This book is the latter -and I think is all the better for it (its also part of the underlaying theme of the book). It was fast paced and intereting but like many "first" books ...more
Pauline
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Wow, what a brilliant book. So exciting all the way through. Really couldn't put it down at all. Became totally intrigued with the story concept and all of the characters. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Dan
Feb 04, 2010 rated it liked it
A good concept that keeps the pages turning in the latter half of the book but drags a little at the beginning. If I'm being really picky I'd say that the author could have shed about 100 pages. Just needed to be a bit bolder with the red pen.
Sam Whitehouse
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, sci-fi, ya
Action-packed, but plot could have been tighter and pace a little faster.
Overall, pretty good.
❥ Azzurra
Time Riders è il primo volume di una serie che apre le avventure di un trio di ragazzi, viaggiatori nel tempo.
Liam, 16 anni, assistente di bordo sul Titanic nel 1912 quando lo conobbe.
Maddy, 18 anni, appassionata di computer vive nel 2010 quando tutto accadde.
Saleena, 12 anni, giocatrice di Pidoku prelevata nel 2026 a un passo dal bruciare viva.
E’ così che sono stati scelti, oltre che per capacità di ognuno (l’intraprendenza, l’intelligenza e la memoria visiva), perchè stavano tutti per morire.
I
Yzabel Ginsberg
I was reading this one for a group read, but since I had time to finish it today instead of dumbly waiting for tomorrow to roll in, well...

I'm not sure if it should be a 1* or 2* for me. Let's say 2, for the Terminator shout-outs, which made me smile (I watched T1 and T2 when I was in middle school, and I still have fond memories of those), for the couple of good things I liked, and because I didn't actually want to throw the book through the window. In fact, I think it could be nice for a young
Annie
First Look: I loved the premise of this, right from the first time I read the back cover. I just had to buy it. I'm rather fond of time travel stories. I hoped this one would follow through. This might be a shorter review, since I've gotten behind again.

Setting: The historical aspects of this were cool. Of course, setting your first scene in the sinking Titanic is always a fantastic idea. The other settings were interesting, too. The author definitely did a nice job making the altered history s
recommendations 1 2 May 21, 2017 01:43PM
Word Game 1 5 Jun 15, 2015 12:51PM
Time Travel: TIMERIDERS (September 2011) 55 187 Nov 10, 2014 05:54AM
Time Travel: Alex Scarrow - Timeriders (series) 8 75 Sep 24, 2014 12:16PM
Audiobooks for US fans? 1 6 May 03, 2014 09:10AM
  • Subject Seven (Subject Seven, #1)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • Department Nineteen (Department Nineteen, #1)
  • Jimmy Coates: Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Earthfall (Earthfall, #1)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Fight for Freedom (Gladiator, #1)
  • The Project
  • Hex (Hex, #1)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Invasion (C.H.A.O.S., #1)
  • The Doomsday Box (Shadow Project, #2)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)
  • The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1)
  • The Obsidian Blade (The Klaatu Diskos, #1)
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The
More about Alex Scarrow

TimeRiders (9 books)
  • Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Caves of Steel (Robot, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
  • The Great Glass Sea
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“It is in our nature to destroy what we create. (Dr. Paul Kramer)” 41 likes
“Oh God, what is it with mankind? Never happy unless it's blowing someone up.” 10 likes