Start by marking “Mr. Chatterbox” as Want to Read:
Mr. Chatterbox

Mr. Chatterbox (Mr. Men #20)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  449 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, 'Mr. Men' and 'Little Miss' books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all.
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Chatterbox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Chatterbox

Gerry
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This chap never stops chatting, no, he never stops chatting and always repeats himself and not surprisingly he is called 'Mr Chatterbox', yes, he is 'Mr Chatterbox'. And he always wears a hat perched on the top of his head, the top of his head I say!

He would talk to everybody and anybody about anything and everything, going on and on and on and on and on and on. And if he had nobody to talk to he would talk to himself, talk to himself and also reply to himself as thought there were two persons p
Godzilla
Feb 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, 2010
A tale of a magical hat and someone with a propensity for verbal diahorrea. I think we all know someone like Mr Chatterbox, and would love to have a magical solution.

The sheer verbosity of Mr Chatterbox made it a difficult read to my children, but it emphasised the nature of his affliction!

Even my talkative 4 year old was astounded by the avalanche of words tumbling from my mouth: "Does he really say all that?"

It's just a shame that hats aren't in fashion as much these days. We have to suffer in
Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Danielle Palmer
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr Chatterbox appears to have some sort of mental issue, perhaps multiple personality disorder, as he not only speaks to himself but also answers himself. He also has some sort of social ineptitude, to the point where he cannot tell when it is appropriate to be quiet or let someone be on their way. This is all fixed by a magical hat that makes Mr Chatterbox THINK instead of talk talk talk. I feel we could all benefit from more thinking and less dialogue.
Alex
Dec 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book because I do not like chatting. I also did not like this book because Mr. Chatterbox chatted too much.
Phil Syphe
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Annabel
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The 'Mr Men' and 'Little Miss' books are so simple yet so effective. I love the way that all the characters are linked and how characters pop up in other stories!

The books are great for encouraging young children to read because they are interesting, have a variety of simple language and are short enough that young children don't get bored! Children love collecting all the characters too.
Anna
Apr 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved the Mr. and Little Miss books! My second grade teacher would read them to us after lunch. I still have my copy of Mr. Chatterbox from almost 25 years ago. I have more recently started collecting them and would love to buy a whole set.
Kathy
Mar 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a fun little book. I wish I had a magic hat to deal with chatterboxes.
Gavin
Jun 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How to silence a chatterbox. The use of a magic hat is advised.
I loved the Mr. books when I was little :)
Ash
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-storybooks
Mr Chatterbox. remind me of nothing but me.. LOVED the writing in it and the idea I just loved the whole tiny book.
Andy Hickman
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
“Mr Chatterbox” - Unable to refrain from constant chattering, Mr Bowler and the mailman find a magic gift for him. “That hat taught Mr Chatterbox his lesson.”
τλιϓλ
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's great to talk with friends and neighbors but surely not too much and not like Mr. Chatterbox, but what a plan the seller thought of, it was really great ^_^
Ashton
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Mr chatterbox always chatter.He chatters at night and day.He disturbs everybody.There was a hat.It is very special.
Alison
  • Moo
  • Mr Gum in the Hound of Lamonic Bibber
  • Miss Piggy's Guide to Life
  • Goodnight Max
  • Do You Want to Be My Friend?
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Mr. Tickle
  • Mr. Greedy
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey