Start by marking “The Prom Queen (Fear Street, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Prom Queen (Fear Street, #15)

The Prom Queen

(Fear Street #15)

Dance of death…

A spring night…soft moonlight…five beautiful Prom Queen candidates…dancing couples at the Shadyside High prom—these should be the ingredients for romance.

But stir in one brutal murder—then another, and another—and the recipe quickly turns to horror.

Lizzie McVay realizes that someone is murdering the five Prom Queen candidates one by one—and that she may be n
Published March 1st 1992 by Simon Pulse (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Prom Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prom Queen

Ana O
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r-l-stine, dark-reads
This was one of the first books I read upon discovering R.L. Stine.

giphy-downsized-medium
Donna
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Despite the fact that none of the characters are all that likable, THE PROM QUEEN is still en epic foray into old school cheese. I seriously just can't get enough of these books.

For the bad, the characters really aren't redeeming. They all go on dates with one of their friends' boyfriends behind her back and they do it shamelessly. They're all self-centered, one's exceptionally bitter and it's not like these girls have revelations at the end of the book that fix these issues. That's just how the
Liliana
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Ah, prom. One of the most fun times of a teenager’s life, right? Wrong! It turns out that someone is killing the prom queen candidates of Shadyside High!

“I resign. I’m going to tell Mr. Sewall tomorrow. I quit. I don’t want to be prom queen, believe me. Where are they going to hold the prom anyway? The Shadyside Funeral Parlor?” -Lizzie

I think this is one of the very first Fear Street books I read back in middle school when I first got into this series! Well, it wa
Latasha
I didn't like any of these girls! God forbid they let Rachel forget she was poor and lives on fear street! And Justin the ho? Girls please! I had read this back in the 90's but I didn't remember how it ended. I was surprised and surprised by the motivation. Lol. Fun times at Shadyside High
Kelly
just like watching slumber party massacre 2!
Ivy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Another good book. I could never understand the importance of prom though. Not really into the whole dancing thing. Glad the girls had fun though. Or, at least the ones who weren't murdered. Hope Simone will get the help she needs.

Can't wait to read more Fear Street books!!!!!
♥ Honey♥
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My review of this book was awesome. I read this book last year and it was awesome and I really enjoy it!! I was gald that I had read this book. It was interesting and it was the kind of book that I was interested in!!! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to be suspsened all the time reading!!!! Please enjoy!!!!
Jana
Jul 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read many series when I was a kid from The Saddle Club to Sweet Valley Middle/High but one of my favorites was the Fear Street Series so for fun I thought I would add a few of these books on here. I would recommend them as great and age appropriate thriller/horror books for young adults.
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 added it
I loved the fear street books when I was younger I hope a whole new generation falls in love with them now ... :)
Alisha
Samantha
Okay I LOVED this book when I was a kid way back in the 90s! I was probably 11 or 12 when I first read it, and it was so great. Still holds up for me today too haha. I mean it has it all! 90s cheesiness, a million slasher film tropes, pretty girls getting picked off one by one, TWO crazy guys who could be the killer, and a surprise twist ending!

Let me just say though that if a guy like Lucas had existed at MY high school? He would have been taken into the guidance counselors office way early on
kylajaclyn
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This one started out weak with lame jokes, but it redeemed itself in the last fifty pages, particularly with this gem:

Lizzy: So what are you going to do when you get home?
Dawn: Well, you know. Barricade my doors, load my machine gun, the usual.

Genuinely funny!!!

But let me back up. Lizzy is our protagonist in what will inevitably be another girl getting revenge on others in the end. Again. Sigh. I’m going to write Stine a strongly worded letter consisting of two words: New Material.

As you might
Rachael Quinn
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do you get when you mix Mean Girls and Fear Street?  The Prom Queen!

Seriously, this was about the funnest Fear Street I've read so far.  It starts on an eventful day.  First, everyone is talking about the dead girl that was found in the Fear Street Woods.  Then, there's an assembly to announce the Prom Queen candidates!  There are five.  Simone, who is rich and flashy and dating the cutest boy in school.  Elana, who is the most popular girl in school.  Dawn, a tennis player who always wins.
Fen Fen
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
All I Can say is, all the Prom Queen Candidate is Sucks, they dated each other boyfriend behind them, and betrayed each other, except Lizzy McVay. The only Sweetheart and Caring person is just Lizzy McVay, who always Caring and Always be there when her friends needed it the most, and she's just the only person who always seems sad about all her friends problems.
Kevin McCormack is the Lucky One to have a very Loyal and Caring girlfriend like Lizzy McVay, and the Most annoying guy in this book is
Ken
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s revealed on the very first page that theirs been a murder in Shadyside, a young girl is found dead in Fear Street woods. That instantly impactful revelation instantly draws the reader end.

As Lizzie and her friends are nominated for prom queen, but as more an more deaths occur Lizzie seems to think theirs a connection between the two.

One of the best Fear Street books, plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing. With a shocking but satisfying ending it’s the perfect 90’s slasher h
Drucilla
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
This Fear Street book is one of the better ones. The main character is likeable, the plot keeps you guessing, and the killer's identity surprises you (in a good way). The guys in the book were jerks, but it's the same in every Fear Street book. I do have to admit that one thing left me wanting to know more: (view spoiler) ...more
MaddyL
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is probably the best Fear Street book I have ever read. The characters were very entertaining and the protagonist is very repeatable. The ending was very shocking knowing I guessed that the murderer was anyone but who the murderer ended up being. The only thing I did not like about the book was the fact that it was not that scary. When I picked up this book I was expecting to get freaked out but I didn't. I recommend it to anyone who wants to read a book about murder mystery that is not all ...more
Alex
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorites as a kid, and re-reading it now was still enjoyable. I have to give it 4 stars for that alone.

I remembered this book vividly but it didn't make this any less fun to read. This is a classic Fear Street book - people are dying and the killer is the last person you'd suspect. It's such a simple plot, yet he recycled it over and over and over again throughout the series. Somehow I never noticed (or cared) as a kid.
Krystal
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fear-street
This was the first Fear Street book I read as a kid and is still one of my favourites. It actually contains real danger and fear for the characters not just a bunch of red herrings, imagined scenarios and paranormal activity that happen in too many of the Fear Street books.

I love this book and enjoy re-reading it when I need some mindless entertainment and a quick read. :)
Autumn G
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is really good. There were five prom queen canadiates and one is to be chosen. The principle said "and the winner is..." Then all of a sudden the prom turned into a disaster. Screams everywhere, and frightened people everywhere as well. If you want to find out what happened, I suggest you go read this book. It's very well written and detailed and a really good book.
Nomi
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews-i-wrote
My sister just called asking if I remember us reading this book as kids!
Delighted it is on Kindle!!
I slept with the lights on for a year whilst reading this.
I am about to reread it again tonight and will update my review on whether the book has held up all these years.
So excited I found it!

Book still holds up!
Misty
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Seriously creepy and edges of your seat murder mystery for teens. I love R.L Stine's fear street and have many of the books. I sometimes go back and read as many as I can just for the fun of it. This is one of my favorites as it kept me guessing on who the killer really was.
Amanda
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book is about the prom queens.

I really liked this book. It had good plot twists, and a lot of the charecters died (which always make the books better right?) I think teens girls would like this book. I liked the twist ending on this book as with all R.L.Stine Fear Street books.
Anna
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5 dead prom queens for sure. One of the better books in the series, but coming off The Knife might have skewed that.

Two big questions. Why are kids always surprised that someone their age is murdered in Shadyside? Why are kids constantly surprised one of their classmates is a murderous psycho?
Emmaline Westlund
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this one once when I was like... eight or nine, so re-reading it now I had actually forgotten who the killer was. So that was a pleasant surprise. It's got a few odd phrases but overall it's an ok book. Nostalgic.
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Madison Voelker
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOK ALL GIRLS SHOULD READ. THE SETTING WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Arleen Rodriguez
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The ending was a bit of unexpected but it is a good book to read
Sammy
I really liked this book as well. They are very easy to read and the mystery is very intriguing, it is hard to put the book down!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Lost Mind
  • Prom Dress
  • The Mall
  • The Accident (Point Horror, #16)
  • Party Line

R. L. Stine b

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)
“That’s one of my problems. I never get angry quick enough. I never speak up when I am really mad. And then I feel silly bringing it up later.” 0 likes
“I know it’s ridiculous to drink skim milk when you’re pigging out on a chocolate bar, but I figured, why not cut calories where you can?” 0 likes