Start by marking “Interview with the Robot” as Want to Read:

Listening Length: 3 hours and 42 minutes

Fugitive. Criminal. Robot.

Eve looks like an ordinary 12-year-old girl, but there’s nothing ordinary about her. She has no last name. No parents or guardian. She’s on the run from a dangerous and secretive organization that will stop at nothing to track her down.

And most astonishing of all: She’s a robot, a product of Eden
Audible Audio, 4 pages
Published January 2nd 2020 by Audible Original

To ask other readers questions about Interview with the Robot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interview with the Robot

Start your review of Interview with the Robot
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
By: Lee Bacon
Narrated by a cast of performers
This is a story for preteen/teen but adults would like it too! It's about a girl being interviewed at a jail for stealing. The interview tells the story of why she was stealing, who she was running from, where she came from, and more! Great sci fi story!
The narration cast performance was excellent!
Rita
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Very much for y/a. The story was about a man trying to rebuild his family out of robots. Eve has been arrested for shoplifting on purpose. She knows that it is the only way she can be safe. She looks like a 12 year old girl so she ends up being interviewed by a female social worker. Eve tells her the truth about being a robot and after certain demonstrations, she is believed. And they all live happily ever after.
The narrator was very good but the story was just OK. It was one of my free Audible
Juli
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve isn't the typical 12-year old girl. After being arrested for shop-lifting, she calmly explains her actions and her background to a child welfare worker. Eve has no parents or family. Never had a last name. Doesn't eat. Doesn't drink. She's a robot.....and on the run.

I listened to the audio Audible Original performance of this story. The full-cast performance was quite entertaining and fun to listen to! The story is definitely geared toward middle grade age kids, but still enjoyable for
Alaina
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was actually pretty good. It definitely reminded me of the movie Replicas.. which features Keanu Reeves. No idea why that movie came to mind while listening to it but it probably had to deal with the whole robot family. Or child and soon to be mother. Not quite sure where Eve fits into this picture.

That being said, this sci-fi adventure was dark and fun to listen to. In it, you will meet Eve who is not quite a girl.. and not quite a robot. She's adapting to every little thing that she
Brittany

Fugitive. Criminal. Robot.

4 Stars!!

Really enjoyed this little gem! I picked this out as one of my freebies from Audible this month. Sometimes the selection is not that great so I got this with hopes that it would be an alright read and it ended up surprising me!!

I really liked the layout of the audio- it was in interview format with time lapses that made it feel like you were actually there. This is probably considered a middle grade read and I cant wait for my boys to give it a listen.
JW
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This story is one of January’s free Audible Originals selection.

This sci-fi adventure about a twelve year old girl who is actually a robot is told in interview snippets and flashbacks. The fun and at times dark story is about friendship, family, and agency. It was an entertaining and short, three hour story.
Aaryn Flott
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
One of my monthly audible original choices. Quick and unique read. Definitely wasn’t expecting that ending. Loved all the sci-fi jargan, and the analyzation of what it means to be a human, and what it means to have a family.
Mburrows
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A really fun Audible original.
Shannon
Audible Review

Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 4 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars

Entertaining for all ages.
I enjoyed this Audible Original. It's a quick listen, easily finished in a day if you have the time. I liked the way it was presented and I thought the narrators/performers did a terrific job. I especially liked that the narrator for Eve's part (Eileen Stevens I believe?) sounded convincingly like a young girl. The only problem I ran into was when they were on the streets of NYC and
Lis Carey
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve is, apparently, a twelve-year-old girl, who gets arrested stealing an unlikely variety of items at a tourist gift shop in New York City. Since she's obviously a minor, and claims to have no parents, no guardian, and no last name, the only thing to do is call Child Welfare Services.

Petra Amis is the CWS social worker assigned to interview her. When she insists she wants the truth, no matter how bonkers it sounds, she gets a truly wild tale.

Eve does take the sensible precaution of first
Alan Teder
Different Take than Emergence
Review of the Audible Original audiobook edition (January 2020)

The synopsis reads like this will be a very similar story to the opening episodes of the 2019 television show Emergence but it actually goes a different route entirely so it wasn't the copycat that I had initially thought. Saying much more would be a spoiler though.

The cast of narrators were all excellent in their roles. The occasional robotic voices were somewhat monotonous but were in keeping with the
Jen Brodehl
5 Stars- Well it turns out I really like stories about robots. This was a full cast audible original and such a great story! If you need an audiobook to listen to with your kids, this is perfect! Short and captivating.
Claudia
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short and enjoyable audiobook.
Brian Hogan
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was fine.
Thomas
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful little “middle grade” science fiction story. I imagine if I were twelve, this would be kind of mind-expanding with all the implications of artificial intelligence and the questions of who is property and who has rights, etc. There are also some wonderful themes here about friendship, love and the true meaning of family.

There are so many big questions tackled in this story, that a much longer grown-up version could easily be written. There’s a wonderful twist near the end that
Andrés Medina López
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This an entertaining and nice story. The book definitively delivers more than I expected and I'm rating it 5-star since I'm pretty sure I'll read it (or should I say "hear it") again with my child or recommend to a nephew/niece.

This is a book for kids or YA but even adults can enjoy it as it is a light, easy to follow story. Here we'll have a recount of an interview with a robot that looks like a 12 year old girl where we will find why was she captured by the police and why and who she is
Cmoore
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interview with the Robot, caught me quite by surprise, in a really nice way! I wasn't expecting to enjoy the book at all, since it was told as a series of interviews (not at all my favorite technique), but the story was really rather good, and I really liked the Characters... and that's the way to my heart! As a plus, there's some edge-of-your-seat, heart thumping moments in there that helps keep your adrenaline flowing! Go ahead and grab the audiobook... share it with your family, and if you're ...more
Timothy Baldwin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
A generally entertaining story, though rather repetitive with very little by way of character development.

I like the concept of someone building AI Robots that exceed humanity, and their ramifications. But, without spoiling it, I didn't think the story arc fit the premise. I also don't think it's ending message about family being more than just DNA makes a lot of sense when it comes to the other overarching themes obviously present in the story

In short, I think this makes for an entertaining
Suz
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
It was cute and managed to evoke many of the sociological questions we are currently contemplating regarding artificial intelligence without being preachy. There were several times where I found my credulity being challenged, but it was entirely a function of knowing too much about how child services, police, and law work. The age group for which this was written wouldn't, by default, have that experience and/or perspective base from which to pull. Hopefully.

Definitely worth a listen.
MA
Shelves: 2020, popsugar-2020
2020 prompt / a book with more than 20 letters in its title
Ernesto I. Ramirez
Fun and interesting audio drama, interesting characters and while adults know that things might not end as in the story in the universe and for the public it's directed is pretty good.
Jan
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this! Great narrators and good middle grade story.
Sheryl
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and fun. Wonderfully narrated by a full cast. Well worth a listen, even for adults.
Princess Hanna
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second audiobook I read and note that I am not much fan of science fiction. But this, this book has a big heart that will make you feel less scared of our technological advancement by showing us the life in an AI's perspective.

I also like how her story was unfolded through flashbacks but there are times I feel like I wanted more descriptive words to really picture each character.
Amber Smith
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much! I had no idea what I was reading until I started. The full cast was amazing. I would recommend this.
Catherine Puma
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Interview with the Robot" is an audio performance of a science fiction young adult story. The narrative structure has this advanced artificial intelligence housed in a biomechanical robot named Eve speaking to a social worker (because Eve appears to be a 12 year old girl) in a police station after being caught shop lifting. The story is told through the framework of the social worker asking Eve questions, and Eve giving us her backstory bit by bit to fill in the gaps.

Some things that I really
Alex Shrugged
I gave this book 4 stars even though I thought it was pretty hokey. I think it would appeal to kids and young teens since the main characters appear to be 12 years old.

Note: This is an Audible Original audiobook play. The voices are a little comical, like one would hear in a TV cartoon. I kept thinking of The Simpsons although this audiobook is nowhere that funny. I doubt it was intended to be that funny, but the voice connection was there. Also, the voice of the father was reassuring, but when
Troy Zaher
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What does it mean to be human? To have a family?

Of course the title is a reference to Interview with the Vampire, but I think this story is a combination of that with a bit of Frankenstein, and some other classical science fiction.

This was a wonderful middle grade suspense sci fi that had a really interesting twist. I like where it went and would be happy to share this with many middle grade readers in my life.

There is an Aesop trope at the end, but it’s about the theme of found family, which
R. S.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
IF... you wish to listen to a very, very good book that's different, by all means, grab this book. Interview with the Robot is exactly what it is, a book about a Robot being investigated by a cop. That's what you get in the beginning. What you get from there is much, much more. Telling the rest of the book via flashback, we can to discover who Eve is, and how she came to be built, and ultimately WHY she came to be built which is just as, if not more important.

If you think you are going to be
Penelope
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hope this Audible Original will be made available to everyone! What a fun, engaging YA story. My 12-year-old and I listened to this on a day trip. The story gave us lots to talk about.

The story is acted out by around 6 characters, and only 3 at a time so it’s easy to follow. The performances are amazing.

It’s the story of a 12-year-old girl that gets arrested for shoplifting. The list of items is quite funny. She is sent to the jail and because she’s a child - Eve is interviewed by a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Minuteman
  • The Half-Life of Marie Curie
  • Buried Deep
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)
  • The Power of Self-Compassion
  • Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
  • Midnight Son
  • You Ought To Know Adam Wade
  • Holiday Greetings from Sugar and Booze
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • You Can Thank Me Later: A Novella
  • Find Another Dream
I grew up in College Station, TX and first began writing in elementary school. I would write stories and poems with the intention of making my classmates laugh. Twenty years later, I used this same technique to write my first kid’s book.

Over the years, I’ve worked a lot of different jobs—farm laborer, art gallery assistant, bartender, assistant literary agent—before settling on the two jobs that