Start by marking “Clown in a Cornfield” as Want to Read:
Clown in a Cornfield

Clown in a Cornfield

Quinn Maybrook just wants to make it until graduation. She might not make it to morning.

Quinn and her father moved to tiny, boring Kettle Springs to find a fresh start. But ever since the Baypen Corn Syrup Factory shut down, Kettle Springs has cracked in half. On one side are the adults, who are desperate to make Kettle Springs great again, and on the other are the kids,
Expected publication: August 25th 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Clown in a Cornfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clown in a Cornfield

Start your review of Clown in a Cornfield
Mindi
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that when I heard Cesare had written a horror novel in the YA genre I was both hesitant and intrigued. I don't really read very much YA at all, but I love Cesare's work, so I was super excited to pick this one up when it was released. Needless to say, I was overjoyed when Cesare reached out to me and asked if I would like to read a review copy. I answered immediately.

Quinn Maybrook is the new kid in town. Having grown up in Philadelphia, Kettle Springs is way too country for her
Paul
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CLOWN IN A CORNFIELD starts as a fun and scary retro-slasher but then cleverly twists and bloodies its way into being a very now kind of beast.
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
4.0 Stars
Murderous Clowns & Snarky Teenagers… all the elements you need for an awesome slasher horror movie. This book pretty much demands to be adapted.

I have previously read several of Adam Cesare’s other books and I am always impressed by his range as an author. No two of his books are quite the same and this newest one, once again, feels different feels different from the rest. I have really enjoyed his previous work, but I think this one might be his best. It’s certainly my personal
Michael Hicks
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, horror
My review of CLOWN IN A CORNFIELD can be found at High Fever Books.

Perhaps I should admit right at the outset that, largely due to my own ignorance, I have not necessarily a bias against young adult fiction, but perhaps a presumption of what YA lit is. When it was announced that Adam Cesare was making his YA debut this summer with Clown in a Cornfield, I was both very excited for him, having read and enjoyed the hell out of several of his indie/small press titles, but also a bit skeptical. Yeah,
Tracy Robinson
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh! Haven’t read a Cesare book yet that I didn’t enjoy. This one is no exception.

Here is my review from Sci Fi and Scary:

Clowns. Cornfield. Adam Cesare. This book hit my “must read immediately” trifecta from the first moment I learned of it this summer. I previously read three other books by this author, all of them within the 4-5 star range. You can check out my review of Exponential, The Summer Job, and the first one I read, Video Night.

I admit to being a bit apprehensive, sometimes books
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
Since this is a teen horror-slasher book there is certain tropes I expect to happen:

1.) If you are in a group of ten then it’s best to split up into smaller groups or even better! GO ALONE!

2.) Once you knock down the killer then proceed by immediately dropping your one and only weapon. Can’t run with that weapon. The killer is probably... ok he/she isn’t dead. But who needs that weapon?

3.) Why call the police when I can think about calling the police?

4.) There’s a killer on the loose? Let’s
Cassie Lola (holo.reader)
5 stars! This was SO much fun! Big thanks to Adam & Harper Teen for the ARC in exchange for an honest review - I'll have a full one on the blog soon!

Etsy|Twitter|Bookstagram|Instagram
Kallie (pageandparlor) Lou Weisgarber
Quinn Maybrook is the new girl. She and her father moved to this small town for a fresh start, but nothing about Kettle Springs is fresh. Main street is dated and it’s only factory is shut down. Even the town’s weird mascot, Frendo the Clown, could use a makeover. When the teens want to fight for change and progress, someone gives Frendo a murderous one by dressing as him and going on a killing spree. The teens can’t fight for change if they’re dead.

When I heard that Adam Cesare was writing a YA
Dylan
Jan 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
don't ask me why but i hope this gets released in mass market eventually...it would just add to the 80s horror feel.
Ludwig
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Quinn looked to the horizon as the cornstalks swayed with the breeze. The corn itself could have been waving hello, or it could have been breathing."

Admirers of the Scream franchise (or the slasher sub-genre in general) will devour this terrifying YA, "killer-clown" horror novel; Clown In A Cornfield by Adam Cesare (Aug. 25th).

Quinn and her father must move to small, sleepy town Kettle Springs for a fresh start. What Quinn is about to find out is that there’s a creepy clown in a pork-pie hat
Starr ❇✌❇
I have no idea what the "outdated ideals" of a murder clown means, but I kind of dig this old school cover

description
Alexia | Right Writing Words
I'm the biggest wimp out there (there's a reason why I'm in Hufflepuff) but the blurb kinda makes me want to read it?? ...more
Matt (TeamRedmon)
Quinn Maybrook is new in town. Quinn and her dad moved from Philadelphia to Kettle Springs, a seriously small town in the midwest. There are hundreds of acres of corn growing all around town and the most interesting thing in town is the second-run movie theater. On Quinn's first day at her new high school, she sees a LOT of plaid shirts and kids spitting tobacco into water bottles. Some of the trucks in the parking lot have gun racks in their window. Basically, it's country as hell. In one of ...more
Parker Jensen
This literally sounds amazing and jumped so high on my most anticipated 2020 releases!
Amber (The Book Bratz)
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW! Murderous clowns? Corn fields? Sign me up!!!!!
Nikki S
Jun 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
*6/14/19*

Horror?! YES, PLEASE!
Katrina
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was like a roller coaster - the prologue building up, giving that initial first drop, and then mellowing out for a few chapters before going upside down - and I loved it! I haven't read a book this quickly in a long time (though it was a creepy and gory read and I almost wish I'd waited until closer to October to truly enjoy the spooky season). Still, I'm so glad I got a chance to give this one an early read and review because it was such a fun page-turner.

I would consider this a
Mike
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The small town of Kettle Springs becomes an unexpected disturbing new start for a father and daughter trying to escape from a mournful past. Combining 80’s cinematic horror with a modest sprinkle of Wickerman, Adam Cesare serves up a chilled original tale of clown carnage. Readers should prepare to embrace a ghastly rollercoaster ride full of unanticipated twists and turns. 5 Stars ...more
Andrew Shaffer
This title plus this cover = ...more
Victoria
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I live in a small town very much like the one depicted in this book so it hit a little close. I even had a dream where I was being chased by killer clowns with cross bows!

This is a really fun read for lovers of killer clowns and or corn. The cover art is AMAZING! This is not a boring cheese horror book.

More review to be had when this book gets closer to release day.

Thank you Edelweiss for treating me so good and helping to feed my killer clown addiction.
Adama
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got an ARC and I won't reveal any details but this book is as good as its promise. Loved, loved, loved it.
John Lynch
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let’s get this out of the way. FORGET that the publisher is has “teen” in the moniker. Fans of Cesare and slashers are going to love this. It’s a bloody, brutal book and if you love slashers you need this.

Dealing with a major loss, Quinn Maybrook and her father relocate to Kettle Springs to move on. Quinn immediately get lumped in with a group of locals who are more than they appear to be.

Cesare sets the stage with the kids in the story, letting you get to know what they are all about. The
Daniela
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, in the beginning I almost threw in the towel. I got a little bored but thankfully it started to get interesting. Great book, very well written.
Kimmy
(Review to come closer to release date)
Becky Day

• Resisting Madness
  • Various States of Decay
  • A Voice So Soft
  • Benny Rose, the Cannibal King
  • The Cult Called Freedom House (Sophia Rey #1)
  • The Possession of Natalie Glasgow
  • The Apocalyptic Mannequin
  • SuperGhost
  • Earth & Ember (The Fearing #4)
  • Walk The Darkness Down
Adam Cesare is a New Yorker who lives in Philadelphia. His books include Clown in a Cornfield, Video Night, The Summer Job, and Zero Lives Remaining. He’s an avid fan of horror cinema and runs Project: Black T-Shirt, a YouTube review show where he takes horror films and pairs them with reading suggestions.