Start by marking “In a Badger Way” as Want to Read:
In a Badger Way

In a Badger Way

(Honey Badger Chronicles #2)

"Hot and humorous." --USAToday.com

Petite, kind, brilliant, and young, Stevie is nothing like the usual women bodyguard Shen Li is interested in. Even more surprising, the youngest of the lethal, ball-busting, and beautiful MacKilligan sisters is terrified of bears. But she's not terrified of pandas. She loves pandas.

Which means that whether Shen wants her to or not, she
Published February 25th 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published March 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about In a Badger Way, please sign up.
Tara Read I cant wait to see this combo Stevie who is a jekyl and Hyde shifter it would seem and a panda whos a bodyguard So whos going to protect who

Start your review of In a Badger Way
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
In a Badger way was better than the first book. I laughed so hard at this book that a few times I had tears running down my face. I loved the hero Shen. He was sexy, and laid back and of course a cute panda. Stevie the heroine was my favorite of the sisters. She is just so odd and funny. The plot was better this time. The book flowed better than the first one. I had a lot of fun reading this book. I can't wait for Max's book.
Jilly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The first book was funnier, but this was still awesome. Just what I needed after reading 25 crappy books in a row.

So, the story is about three sisters who are batshit crazy and that is their best quality. This book focuses on the youngest, Stevie, who is a neurotic genius that can shift into a godzilla-like killing-machine, but is afraid of everything. Her older sisters protect her in a way that leaves a lot of dead bodies behind. Sometimes she has to be the voice of "reason":

Sister: "We always
Aisling Zena

Meh, maybe it was a good thing I got rejected for this. I didn't feel any chemistry or attraction between Stevie and Shen. For a Shelly Laurenston book this was downright slow. Too many guest appearances from her Pride series and too many POVs. I love her writing and her chaotic characters but this one just didn't do it for me. And I'm incredibly bummed out it didn't...

17/2/19

Got rejected by Netgalley for this, though I don't know why since I was approved and reviewed some of her
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I've been patiently waiting for this book ever since I read the first in the series. Charlie, Max and Stevie are some of the craziest and badass heroines I've read. I get such a kick out of women who grown men fear.

I would suggest reading Hot and Badgered first. There are many side characters in this series with the main focus on the three sisters. This one features more of Stevie but where Stevie goes, so does Charlie and Max.

This was very entertaining with some pretty outrageous scenarios. I
Corina
This book belongs to one of the most craziest and funniest shifter series ever.  A roller coaster ride of epic and hilarious proportions. Unfortunately I would not recommend reading In a Badger Way as a standalone. In fact this series includes so many cast members from the (Pride Series) that prior knowledge of this series is needed for an enjoyable experience. So please, just jump onto the Shelly Laurenston bandwagon and enjoy the ride from the beginning.

As always, it took me a little to get
Erth
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a really hard time getting into and staying in this book. Once again Ms. Laurenston has fallen into the hole of too many points of view. She is usually good with the shifter series', but her other series definitely falls prey to that problem.

Other than the geniuses, everyone seems remarkably dumb and completely uninformed about anything outside their day to day lives. Ms. Laurenston usually makes this fun, but it fell flat for me because there was nothing to counterbalance it.

The body
Marta Cox
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excerpt
Four and a half
Having read the snippet that was previously made available I'm very happy to have finally received the full length version of this book. I have to start this review by saying the joy of reading about these slightly mad honey bangers cannot be overstated. I absolutely loved the first book when Charlie the eldest sister ended up living in a neighbourhood full of bears . Now the author is allowing Max and Stevie to come forward and she's starting with little, quirky, high functioning
Kiki
Ivy Deluca
description

I loved this screwball crew of shifters and Id love to be a MacKilligan sister. But I digress.

In a Badger Way, this latest addition to the spinoff, The Honey Badger Chronicles, features middle MacKilligan sister Stevie and Shen, a Panda shifter that works as a bodyguard, and before he realizes it, hes swept off his feet by this unusual hybrid and the chaos left in her wake. And yes, romance happens.

In a world of hybrids, Stevie is part tiger, part badger and alot of mental issues. I like that
Beth
Laurenston didn't disappoint in this amazingly imaginative and outlandishly funny edition to the Honey Badger series. Oh, how her mind works! A twisty tale of shifters, with such amazing and distinct personalities, colliding on the pages to make a fantasy filled plot that will have you laughing out loud, routing for the underdog or maybe even a wild dog and falling away into the world of make believe.

But in the end, you had me at Honey Badger!

I received only an excerpt of IN A BADGER WAY back in
Kate
4 Physics Stars

I got a snippet/sneak peek and just needed more so it only got 3 stars. But getting the whole Stevie & Shen experience was a whole lot of fun.

Stevie Mackilligan is slightly unhinged, scared of bears has bouts of depression but she is a prodigy of science and of music. And with her sisters she is unstoppable. But hybrids are going missing and being experimented on and it is time for her to step up.

Shen got into the madness of the MacKilligan sisters while protecting another
Christa
8/14/19 on sale for 2.99

Stevies book was everything I hoped it would be. Its full of the same humor of book one, its got a lot of tough love between sisters, and I feel like it needs to be said again, its just so funny. Shen, the laid back panda, is a great match for the anxious Stevie. In the last book, Stevie tells Berg to stray dog his relationship with Charlie. Stevie, being part tiger, stray cats her relationship with Shen. He takes her out to lunch as a friend, she decides they are dating,
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Shelly Laurenston returns with a new installment in the Honey Badgers Chronicles. Whenever one of these books come out, Im always very eager to read them because I know that they will be a breath of fresh air from the normal books that I read. Although still technically a Paranormal Romance, its clear that Laurenston has her own distinct way of doing things.

What was interesting about this book was that she used a lot of different POVs to tell her story and while you may think this is a
Carol
4.5 stars.
See below word definition as this pretty much sums up my entire feelings about this book!!!!!
🎈 WACKY🎈
(adjective) informal
funny or amusing in a slightly odd or peculiar way.
synonyms:
zany madcap offbeat quirky outlandish eccentric idiosyncratic surreal ridiculous nonsensical crazy absurd insane far out fantastic bizarre peculiar weird odd strange cranky freakish funny amusing comic clownish loopy loony mad dotty nutty nuts freaky batty potty goofy
*The Angry Reader*
I adored this when I originally read the first few chapters. 5 stars. But reading the entire thing now I just could not immerse myself in the story. Whether its because Im in the midst of a Veronica Speedwell thing. Or because I continue to struggle with contemporary romance. Or because Ive read too much Laurenston I just keep thinking about other things during this read.

I like the MacKilligan sisters. I loved Charlie and Bergs story. Here it felt like too much focus on other characters. We had
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Lady Heather
Publication Date: March 26, 2019

Nobody writes strong, sassy, sarcastic characters like Shelly Laurenston.

I don't know where she gets her ideas for her stories or how she writes her dialogues, but I know I like it.

This book had me laughing out loud more than once.
The situations these characters find themselves in and the shenanigans they pull are a little over the top, but they work.
This was a fun read.
Stevie and Shen were a great couple to read.
They were perfectly matched even though he didn't
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
In a Badger Way is book two in the Honey Badger Chronicles series by Shelly Laurenston.

This story was fun! We spend a lot of time with other characters; like the Jean-Louis Parker family. We also see a lot of previous characters interwoven into the story. It was fun to get all these characters that Ive liked from the Pride series and the first book of this series. If you arent familiar with the cast, then it can be a bit much and overwhelming.

I have really enjoyed the banter/arguing that goes
Somia
This second book was much better than the first book in this series, it felt more coherent and neither of the main characters got lost in the sea of secondary characters. I did enjoy seeing so many of the characters from previous books, although there were a lot of them.

The book was very slow to start but about 24% in to it, I really started to smile, and found myself keen to read more. The magic Ive come to expect from Laurenston wasnt laced throughout the book for me, but it was a nice one
Yodamom
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
3.5 Not my favorite, but it had some fun parts. i do love the Panda shifters
Marishka
I hate to say this since I've been looking forward to this book - but I didn't like it at all. There was way way way to much jumping around with everybody and their mamas POV. It made my head hurt. For someone who hasn't read the Pride series I was very confused at times about who people were and what the damn connection was. I hope she cuts down on their appearances in the next book. Add in to that there was no real chemistry between Stevie and Shen. There was hardly any romance. But that might ...more
Sophia
A volatile honey badger- tiger mixed breed shifter with an off the charts IQ and a zen giant panda shifting security expert tangle (aka get tangled up) on an assignment to find a shifter scientist who seems to be experimenting on his own kind for some secret purpose. This second of the honey badger sisters to get her story introduced a new to me author and series and told by a long familiar narrator.

In a Badger Way is the second book in the series. I didn't read/listen to the first book or the
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Ive been dying to read this book since I finished Hot and Badgered and then was mercilessly teased with a sneak peek of In a Badger Way. So when it downloaded on my Kindle I was beyond excited to start. Because honey badgers, badass sisters and now a cute panda?!?! Yeah, irresistible combination right there :)

If you liked the teaser sneak peek to Stevies book, the rest wont disappoint. You still get crazy protective Charlie, more of crazy and wild Max and of course crazy with a side of quirky
Douglas Meeks
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, first thing here is you have to love the insanity of this series, this extended family of honey badgers are just this side of totally insane ...... or maybe not, anyway the over the top humor is something you either love or you will never get through this book.

The humor is what I love about this series and all her writings but this one seemed to get off to a slow start in the humor dept and it was around the 30% mark before it had me laughing out loud like I expected and while the others had
Firstpella
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since laughter is the best medicine, Laurenston needs to write a pill a day - laughed so damn hard and continuously through the telling of the latest story in Crazy Shifter Land, Im innoculated against at least the common cold for the next 12 months I have to wait for the follow up story.

Buried in here is a lovestory if the reader needs one, Stevie & Shen, but these tales are not romances. Theyre stories about family, siblings, parents, cousins, and most preciously those we choose to create
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
I know Shelly Laurenston is a beloved paranormal romance author. She has dedicated fans who have been following her books for years. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have read a few of Ms. Laurenstons books previously, they were some of her older works, and I couldnt remember why I didnt continue with the series. Well, now I do.

I spent the majority of IN A BADGER WAY confused. This book does not stand alone in any way. Honestly, I dont think it would have stood alone even if I had read the
Leila
2 crazy stars!

This was just a hard book for me to read with all of the many many many many (did I say many?) different POVs. It was difficult to keep all of the players straight in my head.

The one saving grace was Shen, the sweet panda bear shifter that just wanted to spend his days relaxing, happily eating bamboo. I'd gladly cuddle with him.

"Wait...you do love me, right?"
"Sadly...yes."
"Why sadly?"
"Because it's against my better judgement, and it's not like you gave me an option."
She grinned.
Natalie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
I enjoyed it but not as much as her other books. Still really nice
Crack A Book Cafe
True to form Laurenston infuses her wacky, sarcastic humor into her highly engaging shapeshifter world. In a Badger Way is book 2 in the Honey Badger Chronicles following the playful, bamboo loving panda shifter Shen Li and the youngest of the hybrid MacKilligan sisters Stevie. While this can be read as standalone, I would recommend reading the first book.

Stevie is a former child prodigy whose brilliance in the fields of science and music is well-known and respected. Like her other two sisters,
SOS: Serious Over...: [Apr 2019] "In a Badger Way" Discussion 8 24 Apr 11, 2019 02:23AM

• The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Untamed Delights (The Phoenix Pack, #8)
  • Bunny Misfit (The Misfits #3)
  • American Witch
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack, #5)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Shadows (Dark in You #5)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • The Gorison Traveler Incident (Veslor Mates, #1)
  • My Solace (Bewitched and Bewildered #11)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ...more

Honey Badger Chronicles (3 books)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)

News & Interviews

“All right now. That’s it!” the Irish priest snapped from the front of the church. “We’ll have none of that grizzly shit in this holy house of my Lord. And you, badger, find a seat somewhere else.” When Freddy didn’t move, the tiger priest warned, “Don’t make me tear that puny head from your shoulders, my good lad. Because we both know I will, now don’t we?” 2 likes
“Stevie clearly didn’t have control over her issues. She panicked easy. She cried easy. She exploded into rage real easy. And when she did all three at the same time . . .” 1 likes