Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > In a Badger Way

In a Badger Way by Shelly Laurenston

In a Badger Way is book two in the Honey Badger Chronicles series by Shelly Laurenston.

This story was fun! We spend a lot of time with other characters; like the Jean-Louis Parker family. We also see a lot of previous characters interwoven into the story. It was fun to get all these characters that I’ve liked from the Pride series and the first book of this series. If you aren’t familiar with the cast, then it can be a bit much and overwhelming.

I have really enjoyed the banter/arguing that goes on with the couples, families, and friends. It’s normal for the Pride series and the Honey Badger Chronicles, but this time around it was a bit to much…. It needed to be toned down.

I LOVE Shen our adorable panda, but wasn’t to found of Stevie. The romantic relationship between Shen and Stevie was eh. I wasn’t feeling it. Stevie was just to pushy. She kept saying they where in a relationship or we are going on a date or yes, we are boyfriend/girlfriend, but Shen kept saying NO. She had no respect for him. It was I deiced and it’s yes we are. It all felt forced.

The plot continues with the evil Aunts that are still out to get the sisters, as well as another relative is now gunning for them, and we get another side story of a mad shifter scientist experimenting on hybrid shifters. Their was no one plot line to focus on. We don’t get much progress in any of the plot lines and the mad scientist isn’t really focused on until the end of the story.

In a Badger Way focused more on the drama then on the romance. It was still enjoyable read, but not my favorite from Laurenston.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Badger Way.

March 30, 2019 – Started Reading
April 2, 2019 –
April 4, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-stars
April 4, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-for-the-love-of-ebooks
April 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Sophia Totally agree about Stevie, the romance, and all the crazy plot threads that didn't seem to advance the story. Fun, but had some lag.

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Sophia wrote: "Totally agree about Stevie, the romance, and all the crazy plot threads that didn't seem to advance the story. Fun, but had some lag."

Yep! Not the best read, but still fun.

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Angela!💖💋

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Excellent review Angela!💖💋"

Thank you!