Start by marking “Conceal, Don't Feel” as Want to Read:
Conceal, Don't Feel

Conceal, Don't Feel

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  7,279 ratings  ·  1,185 reviews
What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other?

When a magical accident erases Anna and Elsa's memories not only of magic, but of each other the sisters are separated for protection. But when Elsa unexpectedly finds herself as a young queen mysterious magic begins to happen and questions of her past start to form. Will the sisters ever be reunited?
Hardcover, Twisted Tales, #7, 312 pages
Published October 1st 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Conceal, Don't Feel, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cora I also though it was funny how there aren't any songs in the book but a few of the lyrics make an appearance! …moreI also though it was funny how there aren't any songs in the book but a few of the lyrics make an appearance! (less)

·  7,279 ratings  ·  1,185 reviews

Start your review of Conceal, Don't Feel
Miranda Reads
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

"Princess Elsa...you are a threat to Arendelle. You are going nowhere."
Frozen - the quintessential childhood movie - is back again, but this time with a BIG twist.
Elsa racked her brain, trying to think of who the truck could belong to. A name was rolling around in her head...A...A...A...it was stuck.
In this alternate reality, Anna and Elsa have never met.

Well, technically they knew each other at the very beginning but their present-day selves have absolutely no memory of one a
megs_bookrack

3. Mirror, Mirror (Snow White): 3.5-stars rounded up
4. Conceal, Don't Feel (Frozen) : 3.5-stars
5. A Whole New World (Aladdin): 3-stars
6. Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid): 2-stars

I was greatly anticipating Conceal, Don't Feel, the Frozen retelling of all our dreams.

I love the story of Anna and Elsa, as I'm sure many of you do. There's
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Disney for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

———————

4 stars! Review maybe to come

———————

I have a very special announcement about this book!!

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚link

-----------

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Jessica Beaumont
Oct 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually love these books .... But this one was just bad. Copied straight out of the movie with tiny changes. Not impressed.
Annette
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge lover of a lot of Disney movies. And initially I also really loved Frozen. And then the hype happened. Everyone was talking about Frozen. Frozen was around every corner, in every store. Every girl wanted to be Elsa (and surprisingly never Anna, because she doesn't have magic, I assume?) and Let it Go (in the version of Idina that gives me headaches) echoed everywhere around me. I never watched the movie again.

But, this book reminded me why I loved the story so much and what the true p
Everlinet
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not impressed. I wanted a twisted tale, not the movie version with small changes. It was legit so similar i though i am watching the movie. I hoped this would be different, maybe even with different ending. Nope! The writing style was kinda meh, too. Not what i wanted at all, very disappointing.
I hope other “retellings” are different because this was not a retelling, only a bit changed story.

Betsy
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is probably my favorite story in the whole series. Sisters reuniting and saving the kingdom, Olaf as the greatest creation of the two young sisters, fantastic parents and adoptive parents... It had all of the wonderful parts of the original Disney story, but with a Parent Trap-esque twist.

To be fair... this is probably one of my favorites because it didn't mess with the original story too much, and still had a happy-ever-after ending...
Joey Susan
This wasn’t like I expected at all, I haven’t yet read any others from the twisted tales series but I hope they are better than this one.

I was hoping for this to be a whole new take on Frozen, but it wasn’t really. It was pretty much the same as the movie expect a few scenes that were different and if only one major thing had of changed what would have happened.

Now I’m not saying the book was bad as it wasn’t it was still a good book, but for the most part I was reading the movie rather than a
Leah Waters
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Hmm, I have to go with 3. 5 stars.

So, this book was really fun. I enjoyed reading it, thanks to the insight of knowing the original story. There were fun parallels and jokes, and the characters stayed true to their personalities.

But the writing style was so amateur, so simple. It kind of drove me nuts. And several times the story was forced as it struggled to recount scenes from the movie that just didn't work well in the book.

Overall, I'm glad I read it, and I think Frozen fans will enjoy it.
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
I thought this would be a lot better than it was, but the author just took scenes from the movie and moved them around and put them in different contexts. It could have been so much more original but it was sadly not.

Also what did they do to the UK covers? They used to be pretty and now...they're not.
Sophie Crane
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney, fairy-tale
What can I Say, A Lovely twist on the original.
Jerry
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Call me whatever you want, but, I have always found Disney's first Frozen movie to be a delight, especially the song "Let It Go". I've read various books--including both prose and comics--based on the film, and had lots of fun with them. However, I was disappointed that the sequel wasn't as good, especially since it lacked a big, show stopping musical number.

So, as you'd expect, I enjoyed this alternate take on the movie. It brought back memories of seeing the original flick on Christmas Day 201
Carrie Green
Alaina
For someone who loves, just LOVES, all things Frozen.. I was so excited to get my hands on this book! Not going to lie, I love Elsa but Anna is my girl. She completes me and is most definitely my spirit animal. Girl makes me laugh so hard.

Okay, onto Conceal, Don't Feel. Lord, oh lord. I loved this book! Yes, these twisted tales have taken me on an endless roller coaster ride with all the feels. I haven't loved every book that I came across but I have enjoyed them all no matter what. This was mos
Amanda Hupe
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I love all things Disney and have been meaning to read all the Twisted Tale books. I did read the Beauty and the Beast twisted tale a couple of years ago and loved it. I could not pass up to read this Frozen Twisted Tale called Conceal, Don’t Feel by Jen Calonita. Everything in this book is the same as the Disney movie, except for one thing. Elsa and Anna have never known each other. Elsa has been raised as an only child, preparing to be Queen of Arendelle, but it has always felt like something ...more
Katricia
Oct 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm not saying this is a Stations of Canon thinly-veiled novelization of the film. Except, well. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Which is fine, just... not what I was hoping for from the tagline.
Kiana
I never thought that I would read another Twisted Tale book but, over a year after Part of Your World, the Frozen installment piqued my interest. I have long had a contentious relationship with Frozen—not because I want to go against the grain (or with the grain, depending on what side of the Internet you’re on) but because, from a storytelling perspective, it is so freaking infuriating in terms of its missed opportunities, underdeveloped psychology, confused plot, and disgustingly hypocritical ...more
Michelle
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Conceal, Don't Feel is the seventh book in the A Twisted Tale series and it is written by author Jen Calonita. I love the idea behind the A twisted tale series. Each of the books takes a different, and often times darker, spin on a classic Disney story. They are written by different authors and they can be read as standalone novels, but they are all so much fun that I would recommend reading them all. Conceal, Don't ...more
Cindee
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2019-tbr
I really loved this book so much and I love all things Frozen I liked how this book changed certain bits of the story while other things did not change too much. I really loved the characters especially Anna and Elsa I think they were so much more fleshed out in this book since we read the book mostly in one or the other's POV. I also liked their parents and Kristoff so much more the parents were made to be more than people fearing their daughter's powers they were just parents trying to protect ...more
Amy
Omg what a beautiful wonderful and loving story. I lovee frozen the movie of course, but this... this was even better than I could have hoped for
Sooo many emotions and feelings... it is a heartbreaking magical story and THIS shows what love for a sister is capable of. True love can thaw a frozen heart indeed, but it can break any curse.
I already love the story from the movie and I really liked all the little easter eggs through out the story. I also love the characters, but in the book... wow s
Katelyn Marie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Cannot even begin to describe how much I loved and enjoyed this twist on one of my favorite Disney Movies!!! The writing had such a wonderful flow to the story, that you could paint it in your mind!!! When I got to the end I was filled with all the wonderful book feels too.I love the Disney Twisted Tales so much and I can't wait for the Eight installment to come out!!!
Love really can thaw a frozen heart!! ❤❄❤
Ryann Salter
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Can't wait to read!
Natalie
It was fun to see a new take on the story of Frozen. I love Olaf - the author captured his personality very well. I wished he was in the story more.
Sofia
May 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Die-hard Disney fans
Weak characterization and a cheap plotline make this novel... well, not much of a novel at all.
ElsaMakotoRenge
Brooklyn Tayla
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Thank you so much to Scholastic Australia for providing me with a copy of Let it Go in exchange for an honest review!

Princess Elsa always wishes she had a sister, and when she starts two experience strange dreams, that seem like memories, of a little girl named Anna, she is desperate to know more.

Anna lives with a family in the village, loving life working as a baker, but she’s always had a strong desire to visit Arrendele.

When the king and queen are killed, the girls are set on a path to find
Martina Krausová
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointments
I haven't read the rest in this series, so I cannot compare it to the other books, but I really hope that the other ones are better than this one is.
Not that it was bad, but it was basically, kinda, almost the same as the original story and I hoped I'll get a new fresh twist to it, which didn't happen.
Sandra (Boekenzuurstof)
⭐️ 3 stars ⭐️

After watching Frozen multiple times (my daughter loves the movie) I was quite excited to read the twisted tale.
I like the twist a lot but the writing kind of annoyed me at some points. The book has a lot of phrases used word for word from the movie and at some point it just started to feel weird and forced.
MyMoonlightBird
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elsa is the only daughter of the King and Queen of Arendelle, or at least so she thinks. After an unfortunate accident, Anna and Elsa are seperated by her parents and made to forget eachother. But Elsa's powers are returning and when her parents die while traveling over the oceans, memories of her lost sister start to return to her. So after a botched coronation, Elsa desperately starts searching for her sister. But some people want to use Anna and Elsa for their own gain, do the clock is tickin ...more

• Straight On Till Morning
  • Unbirthday
  • Once Upon a Dream
  • A Whole New World
  • Frozen 2: Forest of Shadows
  • The Odd Sisters (Villains, #6)
  • Evil Thing (Villains, #7)
  • Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr
  • Mother Knows Best (Villains, #5)
  • Mistress of All Evil (Villains, #4)
  • Fairest of All (Villains, #1)
  • Poor Unfortunate Soul (Villains, #3)
  • Snow White: Mirror, Mirror
  • A Treason of Thorns
Hi Goodreads!
I'm Jen Calonita, a MG and YA author who loves what I do because it lets me connect with all of you (and no, I wasn't intending for that to rhyme!).

I've been writing ever since I can remember, but it was fourth grade when I put my "three wishes" for a genie down on paper. They were:
#1. Buy all the Cabbage Patch Kids in the world and give them away for free (because apparently that wa

News & Interviews

“A snowball formed between her palms, surrounded by a blue glow. "Ready?" she asked, feeling the rush she got when she was about to use magic. She threw her hands up and flung the snowball high into the air. Snow started to fall from the ceiling, washing the floor in a blanket of white.
"This is amazing!" Anna marveled, her giggles of joy filling Elsa with pride. Anna, more than anyone else, loved Elsa's gift, and she begged her to use it often. Their parents, on the other hand, wanted her to keep it private. But if a gift like this could bring such joy, shouldn't she share it?”
4 likes
“Elsa looked down at her hands. She was wearing only one glove. Her gloves had served as "protection" from her powers for far too long. It was time to let go. She pulled the glove off and let it fly into the wind. She was finally free.
Lifting her hand to the sky, she concentrated on creating a giant snowflake that crystallized in midair and floated away. Then she lifted her other hand and made another snowflake, watching it fly away as well. Pulse racing, Elsa kept building, her face breaking into a smile as she realized the possibilities were endless. Here she could really use her gift and see what she was capable of.”
3 likes