Start by marking “In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)

In a Badger Way

(Honey Badger Chronicles #2)

Petite, kind, brilliant, and young, Stevie is nothing like the usual women bodyguard Shen Li is interested in. Even more surprising, the youngest of the lethal, ball-busting, and beautiful MacKilligan sisters is terrified of bears. But she’s not terrified of pandas. She loves pandas.

Which means that whether Shen wants her to or not, she simply won’t stop cuddling him. He
Published March 26th 2019 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about In a Badger Way, please sign up.
Tara Read I cant wait to see this combo Stevie who is a jekyl and Hyde shifter it would seem and a panda whos a bodyguard So whos going to protect who

Aisling Zena

Meh, maybe it was a good thing I got rejected for this. I didn't feel any chemistry or attraction between Stevie and Shen. For a Shelly Laurenston book this was downright slow. Too many guest appearances from her Pride series and too many POVs. I love her writing and her chaotic characters but this one just didn't do it for me. And I'm incredibly bummed out it didn't...

17/2/19

Got rejected by Netgalley for this, though I don't know why since I was approved and reviewed some of her other
Jilly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The first book was funnier, but this was still awesome. Just what I needed after reading 25 crappy books in a row.

So, the story is about three sisters who are batshit crazy and that is their best quality. This book focuses on the youngest, Stevie, who is a neurotic genius that can shift into a godzilla-like killing-machine, but is afraid of everything. Her older sisters protect her in a way that leaves a lot of dead bodies behind. Sometimes she has to be the voice of "reason":

Sister: "We always
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
This book belongs to one of the most craziest and funniest shifter series ever.  A roller coaster ride of epic and hilarious proportions. Unfortunately I would not recommend reading In a Badger Way as a standalone. In fact this series includes so many cast members from the (Pride Series) that prior knowledge of this series is needed for an enjoyable experience. So please, just jump onto the Shelly Laurenston bandwagon and enjoy the ride from the beginning.

As always, it took me a little to get in
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, funny
I've been patiently waiting for this book ever since I read the first in the series. Charlie, Max and Stevie are some of the craziest and badass heroines I've read. I get suck a kick out of women who grown men fear.

I would suggest reading Hot and Badgered first. There are many side characters in this series with the main focus on the three sisters. This one features more of Stevie but where Stevie goes, so does Charlie and Max.

This was very entertaining with some pretty outrageous scenarios. I
Marta Cox
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excerpt
Four and a half
Having read the snippet that was previously made available I'm very happy to have finally received the full length version of this book. I have to start this review by saying the joy of reading about these slightly mad honey bangers cannot be overstated. I absolutely loved the first book when Charlie the eldest sister ended up living in a neighbourhood full of bears . Now the author is allowing Max and Stevie to come forward and she's starting with little, quirky, high functioning
Beth
Laurenston didn't disappoint in this amazingly imaginative and outlandishly funny edition to the Honey Badger series. Oh, how her mind works! A twisty tale of shifters, with such amazing and distinct personalities, colliding on the pages to make a fantasy filled plot that will have you laughing out loud, routing for the underdog or maybe even a wild dog and falling away into the world of make believe.

But in the end, you had me at Honey Badger!

I received only an excerpt of IN A BADGER WAY back in
Ivy Deluca
description

I loved this screwball crew of shifters and I’d love to be a MacKilligan sister. But I digress.

In a Badger Way, this latest addition to the spinoff, The Honey Badger Chronicles, features middle MacKilligan sister Stevie and Shen, a Panda shifter that works as a bodyguard, and before he realizes it, he’s swept off his feet by this unusual hybrid and the chaos left in her wake. And yes, romance happens.

In a world of hybrids, Stevie is part tiger, part badger and alot of mental issues. I like that
Kiki
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Shelly Laurenston returns with a new installment in the Honey Badgers Chronicles. Whenever one of these books come out, I’m always very eager to read them because I know that they will be a breath of fresh air from the normal books that I read. Although still technically a Paranormal Romance, it’s clear that Laurenston has her own distinct way of doing things.

What was interesting about this book was that she used a lot of different POVs to tell her story and while you may think this is a typic
Kate's Corner
4 Physics Stars

I got a snippet/sneak peek and just needed more so it only got 3 stars. But getting the whole Stevie & Shen experience was a whole lot of fun.

Stevie Mackilligan is slightly unhinged, scared of bears has bouts of depression but she is a prodigy of science and of music. And with her sisters she is unstoppable. But hybrids are going missing and being experimented on and it is time for her to step up.

Shen got into the madness of the MacKilligan sisters while protecting another pro
Christa
Stevie’s book was everything I hoped it would be. It’s full of the same humor of book one, it’s got a lot of tough love between sisters, and I feel like it needs to be said again, it’s just so funny. Shen, the laid back panda, is a great match for the anxious Stevie. In the last book, Stevie tells Berg to “stray dog” his relationship with Charlie. Stevie, being part tiger, stray cats her relationship with Shen. He takes her out to lunch as a friend, she decides they are dating, and that’s that. ...more
Carol
4.5 stars.
See below word definition as this pretty much sums up my entire feelings about this book!!!!!
🎈 WACKY🎈
(adjective) informal
funny or amusing in a slightly odd or peculiar way.
synonyms:
zany · madcap · offbeat · quirky · outlandish · eccentric · idiosyncratic · surreal · ridiculous · nonsensical · crazy · absurd · insane · far out · fantastic · bizarre · peculiar · weird · odd · strange · cranky · freakish · funny · amusing · comic · clownish · loopy · loony · mad · dotty · nutty · nuts
*The Angry Reader*
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2018, arcs
I adored this when I originally read the first few chapters. 5 stars. But reading the entire thing now I just could not immerse myself in the story. Whether it’s because I’m in the midst of a Veronica Speedwell thing. Or because I continue to struggle with contemporary romance. Or because I’ve read too much Laurenston I just keep thinking about other things during this read.

I like the MacKilligan sisters. I loved Charlie and Berg’s story. Here it felt like too much focus on other characters. We
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Lady Heather
Publication Date: March 26, 2019

Nobody writes strong, sassy, sarcastic characters like Shelly Laurenston.

I don't know where she gets her ideas for her stories or how she writes her dialogues, but I know I like it.

This book had me laughing out loud more than once.
The situations these characters find themselves in and the shenanigans they pull are a little over the top, but they work.
This was a fun read.
Stevie and Shen were a great couple to read.
They were perfectly matched even though he didn't k
Somia
This second book was much better than the first book in this series, it felt more coherent and neither of the main characters got lost in the sea of secondary characters. I did enjoy seeing so many of the characters from previous books, although there were a lot of them.

The book was very slow to start but about 24% in to it, I really started to smile, and found myself keen to read more. The magic I’ve come to expect from Laurenston wasn’t laced throughout the book for me, but it was a nice one t
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
In a Badger Way is book two in the Honey Badger Chronicles series by Shelly Laurenston.

This story was fun! We spend a lot of time with other characters; like the Jean-Louis Parker family. We also see a lot of previous characters interwoven into the story. It was fun to get all these characters that I’ve liked from the Pride series and the first book of this series. If you aren’t familiar with the cast, then it can be a bit much and overwhelming.

I have really enjoyed the banter/arguing that goes
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I’ve been dying to read this book since I finished Hot and Badgered and then was mercilessly teased with a sneak peek of In a Badger Way. So when it downloaded on my Kindle I was beyond excited to start. Because honey badgers, badass sisters and now a cute panda?!?! Yeah, irresistible combination right there :)

If you liked the teaser sneak peek to Stevie’s book, the rest won’t disappoint. You still get crazy protective Charlie, more of crazy and wild Max and of course crazy with a side of quirk
Sophia
A volatile honey badger- tiger mixed breed shifter with an off the charts IQ and a zen giant panda shifting security expert tangle (aka get tangled up) on an assignment to find a shifter scientist who seems to be experimenting on his own kind for some secret purpose. This second of the honey badger sisters to get her story introduced a new to me author and series and told by a long familiar narrator.

In a Badger Way is the second book in the series. I didn't read/listen to the first book or the o
Firstpella
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Since laughter is the best medicine, Laurenston needs to write a pill a day - laughed so damn hard and continuously through the telling of the latest story in Crazy Shifter Land, I’m innoculated against at least the common cold for the next 12 months I have to wait for the follow up story.

Buried in here is a lovestory if the reader needs one, Stevie & Shen, but these tales are not romances. They’re stories about family, siblings, parents, cousins, and most preciously those we choose to crea
Douglas Meeks
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, first thing here is you have to love the insanity of this series, this extended family of honey badgers are just this side of totally insane ...... or maybe not, anyway the over the top humor is something you either love or you will never get through this book.

The humor is what I love about this series and all her writings but this one seemed to get off to a slow start in the humor dept and it was around the 30% mark before it had me laughing out loud like I expected and while the others had
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
I know Shelly Laurenston is a beloved paranormal romance author. She has dedicated fans who have been following her books for years. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have read a few of Ms. Laurenston’s books previously, they were some of her older works, and I couldn’t remember why I didn’t continue with the series. Well, now I do.

I spent the majority of IN A BADGER WAY confused. This book does not stand alone in any way. Honestly, I don’t think it would have stood alone even if I had read
Marishka
I hate to say this since I've been looking forward to this book - but I didn't like it at all. There was way way way to much jumping around with everybody and their mamas POV. It made my head hurt. For someone who hasn't read the Pride series I was very confused at times about who people were and what the damn connection was. I hope she cuts down on their appearances in the next book. Add in to that there was no real chemistry between Stevie and Shen. There was hardly any romance. But that might ...more
Natalie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
I enjoyed it but not as much as her other books. Still really nice
Crack A Book Cafe
True to form Laurenston infuses her wacky, sarcastic humor into her highly engaging shapeshifter world. In a Badger Way is book 2 in the Honey Badger Chronicles following the playful, bamboo loving panda shifter Shen Li and the youngest of the hybrid MacKilligan sisters Stevie. While this can be read as standalone, I would recommend reading the first book.

Stevie is a former child prodigy whose brilliance in the fields of science and music is well-known and respected. Like her other two sisters,
Dawn ♥ romance
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, paranormal
I really enjoyed this paranormal romance with it humorous preposterous antics. The laid back bears are my favorites like the lions once were. The genius heroine with her sisters and her new friends were also fun. I love these shifter stories. Brilliant honey badger hybrid shifter Stevie takes panda shifter Shen as her bodyguard while she investigates potentially illicit science experiments.
Kimberly
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Buckle up, because In a Badger Way is one wild ride. It’s an energetic, outrageous, wholly unique read thanks to Shelly Laurenston’s exuberant shifters.

Stevie MacKilligan, the youngest of the three MacKilligan half-sisters, grabbed my attention in the first of the Honey Badger Chronicles, Hot and Badgered. She’s a genius and the way her mind works is fascinating, which would be enough to entertain me, but she’s also kind and caring. One of Stevie’s biggest problems is
Dahrose
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I'll feel differently when I get around to re-reading this book in a few weeks/months but at the moment I feel distinctly MEH, about it.
The romance felt shoehorned into the book. I really didn't get Shen. He's a panda, he's some sort of security expert, yet he never seems to actually do anything. Besides eat and kind of just hang around I didn't get enough sense of identity from him to really connect. And then there's Stevie. Too young. Too over the top. The only reason these two appear t
Blodeuedd Finland
Honestly, there is only one way to describe this book and that is crazy! It is on a hell of a ride. A roller coaster filled with madness and fun.

Stevie is smart, like crazy smart, could win every Novel prize there is smart. She also suffer from depression and anxiety. And she is really scared of bears. Which makes it hard living among bear shifters. I like Stevie, she feels like a lost puppy (make that kitty) at times. She is fun, strange and when she decides something then that is it.

And she ha
SOS: Serious Over...: [Apr 2019] "In a Badger Way" Discussion 8 19 Apr 11, 2019 02:23AM

• Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • The Jaguar King (Weathermages of Mystral, #3)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Happily Ever Witch (A Kinda Fairytale, #4)
  • Knight Awakening (Scorpius Syndrome #6)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
  • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)
  • Born of Trouble (The League; Nemesis Rising #12)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • The Promise (Neighbor from Hell, #10)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ou ...more

Honey Badger Chronicles (3 books)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • Badger to the Bone (The Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
“Stevie clearly didn’t have control over her issues. She panicked easy. She cried easy. She exploded into rage real easy. And when she did all three at the same time . . .” 1 likes
“All right now. That’s it!” the Irish priest snapped from the front of the church. “We’ll have none of that grizzly shit in this holy house of my Lord. And you, badger, find a seat somewhere else.” When Freddy didn’t move, the tiger priest warned, “Don’t make me tear that puny head from your shoulders, my good lad. Because we both know I will, now don’t we?” 1 likes