Start by marking “The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life” as Want to Read:
The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life

The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  17,401 ratings  ·  2,162 reviews
Legendary leadership and elite performance expert Robin Sharma introduced The 5am Club concept over twenty years ago, based on a revolutionary morning routine that has helped his clients maximize their productivity, activate their best health and bulletproof their serenity in this age of overwhelming complexity.

Now, in this life-changing book, handcrafted by the auth
Published December 4th 2018 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The 5 AM Club, please sign up.
Emdee08 It depends which part of the book you didn’t like. The initial part is pretty much the same until the end. Try to read the chapter with the characters…moreIt depends which part of the book you didn’t like. The initial part is pretty much the same until the end. Try to read the chapter with the characters meeting their mentor in a different country. If you didn’t like the style (self-help fiction) and didn’t enjoy the first pages then you might not enjoy the rest. In my opinion, the characters were a little cheesy. I liked the settings, not so much the setup. But the wisdom and insights were both great reminders of life lessons I already know and eye-openers for some new perspectives that for sure inspired me to live more fully. I’ve always wanted to be a morning person and this book has made me realize why I wanted to be. It’s not exactly the earliness for me as much as it is about how one spends their first hour/s upon waking up. If I used to hit the snooze button couple of times before getting up, reading this book at least made me get up on the first alarm, for a week now. I would recommend for the anecdotes and insights. :)(less)
Tsapu 6 hours of sleep is not healthy... There is a reason you have a hard time getting up - your body demands the sleep it deserves.

·  17,401 ratings  ·  2,162 reviews

Start your review of The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
Venky
Jan 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Robin Sharma’s latest work “The 5 A.M Club” (“the book”) presents itself as a formidable contender for “The Worst Book of 2018” award. Extraordinarily insipid, extremely uninspiring and inexplicably long-winded, the book is well served remaining unread! Replete with borrowed quotes, resonating with irrelevant similes, and riding on a by now familiar philosophy, Robin Sharma feebly and futilely attempts to package old wine in a new bottle. Unfortunately, the damaged quality of the bottle deterior ...more
Emma Sea
Jan 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
wow, this is terrible. The ludicrously bad story woven around the ultimately blog-post-sized advice has some of the worst writing I've ever experienced. Wow.
Jagadish
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This fiction book with teaching and importance why to wake up at 5 am.
Join the 5 am club,own your morning .Elevate your life( theme of book).

The story revolves around the person artist and entrepreneur both attend the teaching of spellbinder (motivational speaker) and where they meet billionaires (Mr.Riley stone)
Both entrepreneur and artist will fall in love,the journey of learning about technique of 5 am club and other self help techniques by Billionaire
The story travel to various place Mauriti
Nicole Donadio
Unnecessary and boring prose with a story so outlandish it makes it hard to read. Would have been much easier and engaging if it were written as a good-old-fashioned non-fiction/self-help/psychology book.
Elias
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed. I was expecting a straightforward book with clear advice. Instead, I got a book with boring characters.

Not recommended.
Jonathan H. Later
Dec 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sarnfield
Jan 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Instead of writing a short, succinct book explaining his theories and methods accompanied by true anecdotal supporting evidence and which could have been used as a handy reference guide, the author has chosen to mire this information in a fictional account that is both poorly written and just plain annoying. Take for example this line of dialogue — “...That groovy cat was a pretty gnarly dude.” This is the tone of the dialogue throughout — phoney forced jive talk. If I’d had to read one more “an ...more
Ashok Rao
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You must have read many self-help books. I have too, but I always prefer biographies to self-help books. The reason being they all sound the same. So I am pretty surprised with this book. It has actually helped me with my goals. One particular quote from the book which really worked for me is, "Stop managing your time and start managing your focus." Isn't that true? I mean, don't we talk about time being the most valuable thing. Well, what is the use of being disciplined if you don't know what y ...more
Vishnu Chevli
I admire the writer for attempting a new concept of sharing motivation idea in a fiction way to get readers interested in it. The author has shared a beautiful concept to develop inner power to get external achievements. It also shares how should we develop our inner power by following daily rituals. 5 AM club doesn't only share the benefits of waking up early but it shares how powerful it impacts on our rest day activities. The book helps to develop the habit of rising early and also shares wha ...more
Dannii Elle
The 5 AM Club is the place where leaders and victors are made. It is the special hour that exists before the sun rises and when most of the population is still asleep. This time is for a dedication to and preservation of ourselves and what we do during these sixty precious minutes can impact not only the hours to come, but the rest of our lives beyond it.

I like to consume self-improvement books at semi-regular intervals. Whilst many similarities might lie inside their pages and the format remain
Bharath
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is the second book of Robin Sharma that I read many years after ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’. This book suffers from many of the same issues as the other one – a silly wrapper story to general guidelines on self-improvement.

The book starts of with a group of people attending a workshop with ‘The Spellbinder’, a self-improvement guru. Among the attendees are an entrepreneur, an artist, and a seemingly homeless man. We are soon told about how the homeless man is not really that – he is a
Ruchika Luthra
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is nothing more than a collection of quotes from here and there.
Quotes have been deliberately put into a not-at-all impressive story by stating examples like he wore a hat/tee-shirt/watch blah blah which had this or that quote written.
Highly disappointed by this book. I wanted more of an actionable checklist to install the habit of waking of early. Only 3 pages in this book are worth reading if you want to save some time and effort.
Page No 232 describing the pre-sleep ritual of iconi
Leah
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My my my this book really moved me. It influenced me greatly to wake up at 5am daily and to be not only the most productive I've ever been but to also have fun! Work hard play hard as they say.

The only thing that I didn't really like was how the book was written. It could have been much more simplified and cut down to half it's size. There's narrative and storytelling in it that I don't see the purpose in but the take-away's are still so valuable I still have to give it 5/5 stars.

Notes:
- "Adults
Ioana
Aug 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
It's a self help book that tries to be a novel and fails on both accounts. The prose is purple, the characters are flatter than my pathetic attempt at making pie crust and there isn't a single dialog tag that the author didn't shove in. There's a ridiculously superficial romance subplot (tho that would imply there is any kind of plot to this) that made me bang my head against the table in frustration. Also, there's a quirky mentor figure - he randomly starts exercising and/or yodeling whenever h ...more
M Thogerson
Here's a mental exercise. Take the ubiquitous adage of "the early bird gets the worm", or any approximate platitude, and then stretch that concept out into not a 250 word blog post - but a full blown book.

I am still in the process of listening to the audio version of this book and I feel that I must continue to read it because I'm starting to enjoy the strain on my eyes as they roll to deeper into my head.

This drivel contains the most rudimentary group of characters that seem as if they were s
Roshin
Jan 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was a terrible start to the New Year! Bought it with a book voucher and thought it would be a pseudoscientific lifestyle type book, but it's like The Secret (which I also hated but hadn't bought so I didn't finish). This book is written as a "story" and I could only finish it reading it by thinking of it as a parody (and it was pretty funny then). If you liked the Secret, you might like this. I thought out was awful. It says things like "Poverty is the consequence of an inner condition, not ...more
Max Kayajanian
Apr 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is honestly the worst book I have ever read in my entire life. This book is actually a fictional allegory for productivity and it reads like it was written by a 5th grader. Honestly, it’s 311 pages of waste written like the positive story your racist aunt reposted on Facebook. Truly terrible. I hated it so much that I was inspired to actually review it. Fuck this book.
Ranga B
Good book and motivation part of the book is truly inspiring. His way of 5 am regime and evening routines are thought provoking. I'll start adopting some for sure.

Robin needs to improve his novel writing skills, story telling and story building skills. I would suggest Robin to NOT to mix motivation messages he wanted to convey and characters or analogies he wanted to build as part of a story - rather write a direct motivational book. Monk who sold his Ferrari was a classic (I didn't like some an
Samarth Agnihotri
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
•It's my personal experience that I am more productive in between 5AM to 7AM than the entire day.

•You all know, don't you how much you can achieve if you woke up at 5 AM everyday and work.

•Whats better than being more efficient, motivated, productive and ultimately be more happy.

•This book will provide you with some advantages of waking up early and how to wake up early?

•There is a 20/20/20 rule which tells us-
1. Spend 5 to 5:20 AM in exercising.
2. 5:20 to 5:40 in reading.
3. 5:40 to 6 for some
Mary Paul
Mar 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: on-hold-forever
This is impressively terrible. Wow. Got about 40 pages in, skimmed the rest, laughed, and deleted, never to read again. Dang, that is some truly awful writing.
Stefan
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good explanation but badly written in novel form. Lots of recycled quotes from others. Would habe been better as a 'self help/fact based type of book.
Esther King
Apr 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Hello and welcome back to ‘Esther makes mistakes by reading certain books’. I’d like to kick this one off with a quote from this work, and it’s a doozy: ‘Poverty is the consequence of an inner condition, not an outer situation.’

This quote really sums up the blasé attitude taken to people’s lives in this book. It’s disgustingly entitled, horrendously lacking in empathy, and focuses on building industry on the backs of people who will read stuff like this and think ‘Hey, I can do this and become a
Nat C
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most Anticipated Book in a Long time

Over the course of my life I’ve always thought that rising early possessed some sort of Magical Powers - while I’ve never consistently done it, I have experienced some great benefits whenever I did and for that reason I anxiously waited for this book to be published.

I can’t say I’m totally pleased or extremely disappointed...but what I will say is there is great value in the ides and principles given to us by Mr Sharma.

Don’t expect amazing story telling becaus
Rose
Before writing this review, I was going to be generous and give this book a little more credit given that I saw what it was trying to do in its intentions and structure. However, meditating on my reflections for it a few days after (and the fact I promptly returned this audiobook to Audible because of the bad taste in my mouth it left), I'm just gonna go for the 1-star review (originally I had settled on 1.5-2 stars, but thought that was too high for my experience with it).

Ye Gods, this was pain
Javier Lorenzana
May 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: to-grow
It's a self-help/productivity book disguised as a novel. And while it did have its charm at times, the narrative structure and world-building were just not executed very well. It's filled with clichés and I'd find myself wincing at the pages.

This book does have a good message and some pretty original content, though. However, the padding and 'eh' narration make the good stuff unnecessarily hard to find.

I feel like reading a summary of the ideas would be good enough.
Ujjawal Sureka
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Genre: life mastery, career, passion, productivity
Publication Date: November 2018

A beautiful book.

The author, Robin Sharma, a professional life coach, has described all his life's learning in the form of a story of 3 character's. The ideas stick better with us as its represented in the form of a neat adventurous story.

The main character's happened to be at an event, an entrepreneur, an artist, and a homeless man.
The entrepreneur is a successful yet troubled woman, the artist is ambitious but h
Radhika Roy
Aug 29, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Scam.

Just Google some motivational quotes, and it'll be the same as reading this. Only without the unnecessary faff and the terrible storyline.

PSA: Please get your full 8 hours of sleep, kids. Nothing else matters in life.
Hayat
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 55%

This book was painful, tediously boring and at times ludicrous enough to be amusing and not in a good way. At times, I even thought the author was mocking himself to make some weird point because the characters would constantly say or do something so completely mad, surreal and cringy, making me feel like I had no choice but to leave the audiobook for another day. The whole experience left me feeling confused and uncomfortable. The only thing I regret is not DNF'ing it sooner or just wa
Daniel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A bunch of stories with unmemorable characters and no substance.

Highly do not recommend. It felt like it could have been condensed to an online blog post.

You are better off reading Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits and reading the 7th habit “Sharpen the Saw” chapter. It basically summarizes this book in a succinct way that is to the point.
Bindi Boo
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A tale filled with inspiration, motivation and encouragement.
Highly recommend this book if you want to change your life.
I am Day 20 of practicing the techniques in this book and I cannot remember feeling this motivated and energized ever! Own your morning, elevate your life!
The Book Club 52|...: The 5am Club 7 16 Oct 18, 2020 09:23AM
Has this book changed someone's way of living?? 6 44 Aug 29, 2020 07:51PM

• The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
  • The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • The Greatness Guide: Powerful Secrets for Getting to World Class
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life, The Little Book of Lykke, Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
  • Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
  • Ikigai: Los secretos de Japón para una vida larga y feliz
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies