Start by marking “Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)

Risen

(Blood Eternal #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  292 ratings  ·  144 reviews

My aunt has been kidnapped by vampires, and it’s up to me to save her. Only…I had no idea vampires existed. None. Nada. I’m more of a reader than a fighter, and even though I’d been wishing to escape my boring existence in the middle of nowhere, I’d give anything to have it back now if
Published March 27th 2018 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Risen, please sign up.
Jill Miclean Amazon says Return, Blood Eternal Book 2, will be released April 2, 2019
The Thing with Feathers by McCall HoyleBirthright by Jessica RuddickStarr Gone by Kim BriggsStar-Crossed by Pintip DunnBlack Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel
YASH Spring 2018
121 books — 50 voters
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne YoungThe Baghdad Clock by Shahad Al RawiSanctuary by Caryn LixThis I Know by Eldonna EdwardsAmerican Panda by Gloria Chao
Best Books 2018
428 books — 293 voters

More lists with this book...

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)
Danielle's
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlie lives in a secluded woods with her Aunt Rachel and Jax, the dog. They live in a cabin and have minimal contact with the outside world. Charlie is hoping to go to college and will be old enough to make her own decisions soon. She is mildly aware there is something strange about her life. Her Aunt doesn't want her to be seen by anyone or have a phone. She is cut off from the world.

This book starts with a spooky walk in the woods. No sounds from the animals and Jax is on guard. Little does
Carrie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Risen by Cole Gibsen is the first book in the new young adult paranormal fantasy Blood Eternal series. The moment I saw the stunning cover on this one I knew any restraint I had would be out the window and I would need to read this one. Of course I was asking myself at the time did I really need to read yet another YA vampire book? Well, when done I’m glad that I didn’t talk myself out of it as this one had what I’m always searching for, something different.

The story starts off with Charlie out
Deborah
This is an interesting YA vampire romance with a difference. And with so many vampire reads out there now it’s difficult sometimes to find one that stands out.

The main difference here is we have three different types/clans of vampires. The Mentis clan are what most of us would relate to as vampires. They are gorgeous, rich and feed from humans, they also possess the power of persuasion. They have a farm where humans are harvested for their blood and then disposed of.

The second is the Corpus vam
Beth
Charlie is living in a remote cabin with her aunt Rachel and their German Sheppard when a group of beautiful but deadly vampires come in and kidnap Rachel and leave Charlie at the mercy of Sebastian.

Sebastian was left with strict instructions to kill Charlie after he gleaned all that he could from her. Sebastian, unhappy with clan of vampires, decides to help Charlie rescue her aunt from his fellow vampires by taking her to King Matteo another form of vampire.

The bond between Charlie and Sebast
Amy Leigh
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was unexpected. There are no slow moments. The author wrote this like a rollercoaster ride. I did feel like the book could have been a bit longer to help give more backstory and character development. I gave this four stars because the story had me hooked and I will definitely be reading the next book when it comes out.

Charlie is a seventeen year old living in seclusion with her aunt Rachel and her dog Jax. She feels stuck without social interaction and barely being able to leave thei
Rê

2.5 “Teen Vampires” stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Entangled Teen.

I'm still waiting for that new vampire book series that will leave me as obsessed about these mythical creatures as the first three seasons of The Vampire Diaries or the first time I read Twilight did.

Then I saw Risen on NetGalley and it used those two titles as comps: "Fans of Vampire Diaries and Twilight will be thirsting for this latest vampire addiction…"

description

Of course that led me to searching Youtube for Stelena videos.

That le
Sabrina
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc
Checkout my full review + giveaway on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I've been wanting to read a vampire book for a long time now. And I am so glad I picked up Risen. It was a rollercoaster ride from beginning to end and super addicting. I enjoyed the fresh take on vampires in this novel. I can't wait for book 2!
Amanda
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
My review can also be found here:https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

I received a copy from Netgalley for an honest review.

As far as vampire books go, Risen was good. They compared it to Twilight and this is nothing like that. It had a good plot and the pacing was fast with action that never stopped. The world building was okay and I enjoyed the characters. It was a fun, fast read.

But most of the questions you have in the beginning never get answered by the end. It moves so fast that you don
Misty
I. DON'T. EVEN. KNOW. where to begin with this book. I feel like I maybe read a different book than all of the many 4 and 5 star reviews I'm seeing? THE FLAWS. THEY ARE MANY.

...and yet I read the whole damn thing? idek. Review soon!
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
OMG...is this book ever good!?! Once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it down, and only did so because I was forced to, you know, actually do some work.

It has atmosphere, a mythology for vampires that is fresh and unique with a hate to love romance that I was rooting for, and a mafia style feud between the various vampire clans represented. The further into the story I got, the more I was hooked in large part due to the well-timed reveals and especially because none of them were ones that I
Sandra "Jeanz"
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
REVIEW
The cover initially attracted me to this book and then when I read the blurb, I realised that I couldn't remember the last time I had read a vampire themed book, so this book was the perfect choice. That and the fact the publishers were Entangled Teen made me give the book a closer look.

As I said the cover was what initially attracted me to the book. The sky in the background of the cover is a murky, turbulent, stormy one. The ground is covered in what I would call autumnal coloured leaves
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I was pleasantly surprised by Risen. It's a vampire book, but there were some elements that were different from other ones I've read before.

Charlie is living in a cabin in Marion, IL with her aunt Rachel and their dog. Charlie is unhappy and wants to go away to school, but Rachel warns her of dangers without ever going into detail. One day, 3 vampires show up and everything changes. Two of them take Rachel away and the last one, Sebastian, stays with Charlie to find evidence that Rachel's son is
Novel Grounds
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

I grabbed Risen up on a whim and grabbed a spot on the tour and I am so glad I did. Sometimes I just want  a good YA vampire read. Throw in a little cheesiness and a whole lot of teen angst and stupid decision-making and I truly just enjoy these reads. Cole took a novel that could have been just another read, and delivered a twist on a tale we swear we have read before.

Risen took me a chapter or two to get really into, but once I got invested I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters and the i
Elodie Who
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished “Risen” the first book in the Blood Eternal series and it was very good! I previously read another book from the same author called “Life unaware”, it was not my favorite, but I wanted to give her another chance and I was right!

If you’re a fan of vampires, this series is for you. Although compared to Twilight and The Vampire Diaries in the description, I personally can’t see any similarities, except the fact that they included vampires.

From the first pages, I was totally hooked b
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
*Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC that I read voluntary*

So I've said this a million times and I will keep saying it, anything with vampire in it, I will read. So when I saw this on NetGalley I had to read it. So a little about the book, Charlie lives with her aunt in the middle of nowhere with no one around. I would lose my mind, being trapped like that... I don't know how Charlie's mental health state wasn't horrible as can be. Her aunt has never said why they live this way but one day, everyth
Wendy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, e-book
Risen is the first Vampire book I have read (and finished) this year. It was a fast paced quick read that was very entertaining. I do have to say that it did leave things to be desired.

Charlie lives in the woods with her aunt, cut off from the world and aching to get away and experience the world. Her little bubble is shattered when her aunt is kidnapped by vampires and taken to their queen. Charlie finds herself with no options but to trust Sebastian, one of the vampires that took her aunt. She
gem
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know I needed a new Vampire obsession in my life, but Risen has fuelled that fire and jeeze did I love it!
Ignore the tagline saying it's like Vampire Diaries and Twilight; it's so much better than those books!
To me, it's more comparable to the epic series by Will Hill, Department 19.
It's fast paced and exciting; the action kicks in straight away and doesn't let up until the very last page and I'm so glad there will be a sequel.
Told from Charlie's point of view, her narrative drew me in
Jenni Moeller
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my reading goals this year is to try a new genre and I picked vampire novels! This is the first one I’ve read. The cover is so pretty I found myself picking it up several times just to look at the cover. The story kept my interest right from the first chapter and was a page turner throughout. I can’t wait for the next book to come out so I can figure out more of the mystery behind these characters stories!
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
"The answers we seek might be the only things that can save us now."

OMG! How could you leave me hanging by a thread??!! I was so caught up in this fast paced story that I didn't realize I was reaching the cliff hanging end until I flipped the page and was greeted by bonus content!! Who are the parents of... oh never mind, as I simply don't want to share any spoilers. Charlie has no idea of the existence of vampires until it's too late to do anything but little does she know that this revelation
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I almost smile. This strange, violent girl—I kind of like her. “It’s too bad we can’t be friends because of our impending gruesome murders.”

I received an ARC from NetGalley (was contacted about the blog tour afterwards) in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Also, the quote I used may have changed or been altered in some way, but I am quoting from what I received.

Questions, questions, and more questions. I actually struggled with what rating to give this book, bec
Jess Wright
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Risen is a fresh addition to the world of vampire fiction. With its unique plot and captivating characters I was hooked from the first paragraph. This was a truly memorable read and one I would recoment to any fans of fantasy and paranormal fiction.
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

My Review:

Forget this being a teen book, I can guarantee adults who enjoy this genre will love it too - I do! It is a fresh look at paranormal romance, definitely with the author's own twist to Vampire species but I'll not say any more about that or I'll be giving away spoilers . . . .

The story starts with seventeen year old Charlie out for a walk with her dog, Jazz, when everything goes quiet - too quiet. Jazz is uneasy, too. They curtail their walk and return to their home where s
Katherine Paschal
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Review at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

"You see, more than anything I wanted to get away from the cabin. I thought my only escape was college— who knew it only took a vampire kidnapping to do the trick. Could have saved me some agonizing over application essays.”

Charlie wants nothing more but to leave her simple life with her aunt behind, experience the world and have her own choices, be a regular teenager. Bun instead she lives in a one room cabin with her aunt, is home schoole
Monique
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlie was hiking in the woods with her dog Jax, when suddenly Jax starts acting suspiciously; he seems on high alert, but Charlie hears nothing, literally. She’s been seriously bored recently, living with her Aunt Rachel Keegan in their small cabin near the woods. But all that was about to change. Shortly after Charlie returns to the cabin, Rachel starts talking of monsters, then two strange men arrive and take Rachel away. A third stranger, Sebastian, is introduced and told to dispose of Char ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by Entangled Teen
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a refreshing look at vampires. Ms. Gibsen gave us a new twist on vampires and how they came to be. To me it made more sense than some books I have read. And even though I am more of a shapeshifter type of person, I did enjoy this book.

A little background, born from the fairies we have three siblings…all vampires. One sister…is Queen of what you would expect vampires to be. The other sister…let
Courtney
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So this book took me by surprise. The blurb had me intrigued enough to take a chance on this author (she is new to me) and since I have love of paranormal reads, figured it would at least be something I enjoyed. I did not expect to really get so wrapped up in the story.

There are so many vampire books out there, that it is truly hard to find out that stands out from the rest. Cole has definitely done in her job in making this story unique and different from other stories I have read.

Charlie has h
Alyson
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*I voluntarily received a copy of Risen from the publisher via Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own*
For as long as she could remember, Charlie has lived in a cabin in the woods with her aunt Rachel. When Charlie thinks she won't be able to have an exciting future, three vampires show up at her door. Suddenly, Charlie's life changes overnight. Her aunt is kidnapped by a vampire clan who wishes to use her as a pawn to rage war. The only way to save her aunt is by teaming up with Sebasti
Sasha Hibbs
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received Risen in exchange for an honest review* ~Thank you to Entangled and the author for this ARC.

Risen by Cole Gibsen was such a refreshing change! First, the cover .... oh that beautiful, shiny, cover! It just screams dark goodness, and the cover did not mislead or disappoint. What's in between was just as dark and delicious.

I loved this YA take on vampires. I loved all the characters ... Charlie, Sebastian, Opal, all three different clans were fleshed out so well. It's a nice spin on
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
My review for this will be posted on the 6th of April!

The first word that comes to my mind when I think about this book is rollercoaster! What a freakin ride this book is. At first, when I was asked to read and review Risen by Cole Gibsen, I was super excited because I haven't read and enjoyed a vampire book in years, but at the same time I was freaking out because of the same exact reason.

And I know what you're thinking, yet another vampire YA book, what's going to be so different about this
Avid Reader
Risen (Blood Eternal #1) by Cole Gibsen
3 stars
M/F Paranormal
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

So, this was an interesting read. There are a lot of gaps and strange conclusions drawn that made this much more difficult to relate to. I think that this author has read a lot of vampire books or seen a lot of vampire movies because the dialogue is very cheesy.

Charlize (Charlie) is very naive in this book. Her aunt, Rachel has kept her so sheltered that Charlie is screaming to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Risen by Cole Gibsen ---Starting April 5th 6 9 Apr 08, 2018 05:22PM

• Hood
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • The Havoc We Wreak (The Four, #3)
  • Midnight Kisses (Shifter Island, #1)
  • Phoenix Fire (Phoenix Cycle #1)
  • Awake
  • A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)
  • The Big Bad Wolf
  • Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Embrace the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2)
  • Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #7)
  • The Keeper (Keeper, #1)
  • Zero Tolerance (Joe Ledger #1.1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Take My Place (Boys of King Academy Series, #2)
  • Take My Crown (Boys of King Academy, #1)
  • SSS: Year One (Supernatural Spy School, #1)
  • Joyride
Growing up, Cole Gibsen couldn't decide what she loved more--dogs or books. So she decided to devote her life to both! Dog trainer (wrangler) by day and author by night, she's the author of over ten books with more on the way.

She would love to connect with you on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/ColeGibsen

and Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ColeGibsen

Blood Eternal (2 books)
  • Return

News & Interviews

Jenny Lawson is the funniest person you know. And if you don’t know her, just read one of her books and she becomes the funniest person you...