Start by marking “Aliens Ate My Homework (Alien Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aliens Ate My Homework (Alien Adventures, #1)

Aliens Ate My Homework (Alien Adventures #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  1,485 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews

IT'S THE WEIRDEST ALIEN

INVASION EVER!

"I cannot tell a lie," says Rod Allbright. And it's the truth. Ask him a question and he's bound to give you an honest answer. Which is why, when his teacher asks what happened to last night's math assignment, Rod has to give the only answer he can: "Aliens ate my homework, Miss Maloney!"

Of course, no one believes Rod this time,

Audio CD, 192 pages
Published May 8th 2007 by Aladdin (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens Ate My Homework, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens Ate My Homework

Travis Clemens
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I think the thing that sustains this kind of book is the dialogue. It reminds me of the schoolyard, when a lot of boys would spend half their recess just arguing about something, and putting a lot of energy into putting each other down and making sarcastic remarks. So Colville's aliens are especially good at sarcasm and put-downs. The aliens say things like "We have been sent to this miserable back-water of a planet," and "you are a very troubled people, we feel sorry for you." They make all kin ...more
Scotty
Nov 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 7-9 year old boys
So, we had a family trip to make today and I wanted to find an audiobook we could share with my family, particularly my 7 year old. He is doing reading bingo at school and he needed to listen to an audiobook. After some searching in the digital download of my library I found this highly recommended book.

While my family did enjoy listening to the book and it held our interest, it is very much geared to a young audience. Even at 7 years old I would recommend this book be read/listened to in short
Rojitas
Nov 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Th book is about a boy that in an axcident he know tiny aliens. But the problem is that they it his homework and the boy can not lie.When he go to the school and they ask him what happen with his homework he said that "aliens ate my homework". Does aliens were in the earth because they were looking for a criminal alien that was in the earth like a human.The boy help the aliens to trap the criminal alien.
Kodi H
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
aliens crash through the window and land in a paper mache valcano. the two twins try to grab the ship but Grakker jumps out and grabs a ray gun and points it at the twins. so far i have heard he got his ear pierced and a boy took his alien. this is a good book. i reccomend this all the children.
Blake
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just reread this for the first time in 20 years. Still love it.

ETA: Apparently the default edition for this book is the audio version. No, I didn't listen to it. I read the paperback when it first came out in early 90s and most recently I read the eBook.
David
Sep 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
fjkkfkfkkfkfkfkfkfkkfkkfmfmvmvmvmmvmvmvmvmmvvmvmvmvmvmvmvmvmvmvmvmvmmvmvmvmvmvmmvmvmvmvmvmvmmvmvmvmvmvmmvmvmvmvmmvmvmmmmmmmmmklnjaQHWS¿,KMIJHNUGTbhnjmk,l.kjmhnuftghunjmik,,kmjigthyjuikmo,l,kmjnhujimk,miuhjmkuijnkhiujnhjnbjnmkljnftvdvtbghnjmk,lmknjbhgyftvrdfghnjngytfrdghjukoijufrtgyhujkijhugtfrjuhyjuhygtyhuhuygftrtgyhygtyujuhygt6yhjiuhyjhyjuhyjuikjuikjuikjuikjuikjuikukuloiklokiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuiugtfftyttyffffytfyttfytfytfyftyftyfyfyutfytftytyfttfyftytfyftyyfttftfyftytyfftyftyfytftyftyfttyrd ...more
Amy
I enjoyed Aliens Ate My Homework. The story was creative, and the characters were fun, and I definitely think that it would appeal to reluctant readers, perhaps especially to boys. Our main character is a good boy who suffers at the hands of bullies. He does what he knows is right, even when that winds up working against him. I really liked how the author portrayed Rod, and I do think that a lot of boys out there would identify with his personal struggles. The personal troubles are not the heart ...more
Meagan
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-alouds
My students loved this book! It is suspenseful, it is funny, and it is relateable. One day an alien spaceship comes crashing through Rod's bedroom window. They demand that he helps them to find a missing part of their ship so that they can continue with their mission of finding an intergalactic criminal, then re-enlarge their ship and return home. At first Rod is intimidated and annoyed by the little creatures, but they soon become friends. This story tells about their adventures of figuring out ...more
Tanja
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This book surprised me as it turned out to be quite different from what I had expected it to be. I had picked it up because it was one of our book room titles that I hadn't read yet and wanted to evaluate for our students' literature circles. After reading it, I have no doubt that many of my upper primary students will enjoy it. As it touches on far more than just the fantastical and futuristic idea of an alien landing on earth - bullying, teasing, sibling and parent-child relationships, empathy ...more
Kendall Kraiss
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Aliens Ate My Homework would be considered a science fiction story. Do aliens exist? Ask your students. This story might be a fun way to start a unit about the solar system. This story would be more appropriate for 3rd grade (maybe 2nd-4th grade) and could be a fun read for students during reading time. This book might also be a good book to use as a book-report option for students who enjoy science and outer space. This book was cute and creative and anything dealing with "something eating home ...more
Travis Bughi
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across this on Goodreads recommendations list, which is funny because the second I read the title, I totally remember reading it back when I was a kid.

Great book then. One of the rare stand-alones I read that wasn't part of a series. I think my mother actually recommended this one to me, which made me skeptical. For some reason I didn't trust her judgement to recommend me books when I was young.

Who knows what my reasons were. Anyway! Yeah! Great book!
Katrina Knittle
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This is one of those books I feel i will always like no matter what. I think I was in second grade when my teacher started reading this book to us. And so many years later I decided to pick it up and read it myself. This is definitely a book to read to the younger crowd. One of the most amazing things in the book is the illustrations throughout it. They are so beautiful and help you imagine the story so much more.
Nick Douglas
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I loved this series as a kid; disappointed as an adult. The alien technology conveniently shapes itself around the plot rather than any interesting system or theme. The author constantly reminds the reader of plot points by having the narrator "remember" them, which feels amateurish.

I'm still thankful to this series for introducing me to some basic sci-fi concepts as a kid, but I think I could have learned them from a more compelling story.
Jessica.rice2
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
The illustrations throughout this book are amazing. When you are reading, you imagine how the characters would look, and the illustrations fit perfectly to what I envisioned. A really fun and imaginative story for young and old readers alike. You will be entertained hearing about a boy's journey, what he endures, and the secrets he must keep along the way.
Katrina
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So I didn't listen to it but I read it over again recently. I missed this book so much. Who doesn't love the classic line of aliens ate my homework. It's such a cute story of how they come and crash through a window. The story is wonderful for children and people of all ages. And if I remember right it's a series. I need to go read the rest. Total five star story for a children's book.
Megan
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
We went on a little road trip with Alan's dad last week and he had this on audio. Caleb and I loved it! It really was a fun book. We didn't get to finish listening to it, but I think it is one I'll re-read with Caleb in the future!
Veronica
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this book a few weeks ago to my students. The kids were between 5 and 12, and they liked it for the most part. A few parts lagged, but it was funny, and had some strong messages, but perhaps it was because i read it aloud, but it really felt slow.
Bossy Kiya (Jakiya)
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is funny and crazy somehow these little aliens end up at an boys house .
The aliens tell the boy he has to do what they say if he dont he will die or go to jail . So he laughs and the aliens are for real. So then he does whatever the aliens say . THats all i read about so far
Suzanne
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Many of my students read this book this year and enjoyed it. It has a lot of fun descriptions and twists and turns of a good whodonit! It's a DRA 40, but 38s can read it pretty well. It also grabs the reader pretty quickly which helps those struggling readers. Fun and manageable size!
Jayna
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun, children-s-lit
This silly little children's book is surprisingly full of deep lessons that can be taught to children about honesty and diplomacy, friendship and sacrifice. It is very candid in mature while being whimsical. My five and seven year old loved it.
ZB
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4th and 5th grade kids
Still as good as I remember from childhood. My son just read this for the first time and loved it. The illustrations in my version are excellant. They match perfectly with how you envision the characters.
Whittney Mahle
Oct 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite series by Bruce Coville and has been since 4th grade. It is a little more thoughtful then the Space Brat series but more playful then the Unicorn Chronicles.

Also see (in order)
I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X
The Search for Snout
Aliens Stole My Body
Marco
Oct 01, 2009 is currently reading it
this book is tight every boady that like funny books shouldc read this book
Mamie
Nov 04, 2016 added it
Very entertaining and also tackles the problem of playground bullying. reading it to my 4th and 5th graders, they love it and have made awesome art inspired by the book
Ryan
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK.
Dodau
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-and-kept
Kids book that I read with my son.
When mini aliens land in Rods garden he gets pulled into a scheme to capture a super villian from another planet.
Lauren
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, aliens
This series of books was just funny and entertaining as a kid.
Juliet
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bentley-bookfest
Very very interesting, once again I like the alien stuff. I liked it because it entertained me.
Robin Kaplan
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books that got our obession started!!! It is GREAT!!
Ursula
Jan 17, 2013 is currently reading it
Shelves: add
I dont know
  • The Andalite Chronicles (Animorphs Chronicles, #1)
  • The Big Book of Berenstain Bears Beginner Books
  • The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks
  • Smart Dog
  • The Attack of the Aqua Apes (Ghosts of Fear Street, #3)
  • This Time of Darkness
  • The Dragonling (The Dragonling, #1)
  • Gremlins Don't Chew Bubble Gum (Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #13)

Alien Adventures (4 books)
  • I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X (Alien Adventures, #2)
  • The Search for Snout (Alien Adventures, #3)
  • Aliens Stole My Body (Alien Adventures, #4)