Start by marking “Aftermath (Remnants, #12)” as Want to Read:
Aftermath (Remnants, #12)

Aftermath

(Remnants #12)

Trust no one. The Remnants are outsiders on the planet they once called Home. 500 years after the Rock, Earth is an arid wasteland, inhabited only by a handful of human descendants & mutated animals. To survive, they must plant one of their own--Mo' Steel--as leader of a wild band of surface-dwelling Marauders. But first he has to prove himself by defeating the Beasts, ...more
Published May 1st 2003 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Aftermath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftermath

Start your review of Aftermath (Remnants, #12)
Julie
Aug 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is genuinely terrible! This is the first time in all of Remnants that I was actively Not Enjoying Myself while reading and was so desperate for the whole ordeal to come to an end. It was so terribly written, in terms of actual prose, and character decisions, and overall scene construction. It has failed on literally every single front. This is the first time that it read like stunted middle-grade fiction, despite featuring such dark content as a murder and an attempted rape (for ...more
Stephanie
Better than the last one, in that it is solid, though the way some of the characterizations are going are not. At least the action is solid, and marginally believable in context. Full review below:

That looks like it should be 2Face on the cover again, considering the Asian look, the half-covered face, and the design on her shirt which looks like it could be creepy crawlies… if it is not her, my guess is it is probably Echo.

That way lies madness, [Violet] told herself. And there’s enough of that
Caitlin
Julie Decker
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
As a way to appease the Marauders--enemies of the Alphas--someone must fight the Beasts and win, and that someone is Mo'Steel. Good thing he likes a challenge! (What the Marauders learn from his involvement is also a challenge at first.) And though Billy did his best to disengage, he seems to be back, with an important message about the remaining missing Mayflower survivor.

This is the other half of the culture we heard about in the previous book, so we've seen them through the eyes of their
Wendy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
An action packed chapter in the life of the Remnants.

After being abandoned on Earth by Yago, the Remnants discover that there are survivors. They meet the Alpha's who live underground in a biosphere under very controlled conditions. They also meet the Marauders, who are a nomadic, violent group. The Mo-steel inadvertently kills the Marauder leader and as is the custom is now the new leader. But he has to prove himself worthy by battling 'The Beasts'. The Remnants and the Marauders head out on a
Swankivy
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Dexter
Unfortunately, Remnants has lost its magical hold over me. Probably because I'm not thirteen anymore.

Nevertheless, it's still full of horror and shaky science, and definitely a fascinating series for younger readers.
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that he actually killed the beasts! And he even got Newton to obey him. I wonder what will happen with the riders coming back. I was wondering what had happened to them and where they had gone.
Z
Oct 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
It's still really hard for me to get into these books, for a reason that I can't quite put my finger on. But I'm almost done at this point. Let's forge ahead...
Lyn *NomadicWorlds
Jul 09, 2016
Tanja
Mar 21, 2015
David Meyers
rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2011
John Driscoll
Dec 11, 2018

• Tarinoita Muumilaaksosta
  • Puputyttö
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Written in the Stars: Constellations, Facts and Folklore for the Armchair Astronomer
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • The Unwanted Guest
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My
  • Den farliga resan
  • Muistojenlukija (Väki, #1)
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 4
  • The Gold-Bug and Other Tales
  • Shalimar the Clown
  • Pale Fire
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
  • No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)