Start by marking “The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

The Court of Miracles

(A Court of Miracles #1)

A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book.

In the dark days following a failed French Revolution, in the violent jungle of an alternate 1828 Paris, young cat-burglar Eponine (Nina) Thenardier goes head to head with merciless royalty, and the lords of the city's criminal underworld to save the life of her adopted sister Cosette (Ettie).

Her vow will
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by Knopf Children's

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi AdeyemiThe Hazel Wood by Melissa AlbertSky in the Deep by Adrienne YoungEverless by Sara  HollandAmerican Panda by Gloria Chao
YA Debuts 2018
153 books — 643 voters
We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah FaizalDescendant of the Crane by Joan HeWicked Saints by Emily A. DuncanThe Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn HermanThe Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Azad
YA Debuts 2019
157 books — 981 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
"A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book."

"A Court of Miracles"

...is it a Hunchback retelling also?

And based on the synopsis...where exactly does the Jungle Book come in?
☙ percy ❧
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as tbr-unreleased
1828??? louis xii????

is this a typo and did they mean louis xvii? and if they did, THEN THIS IS AN ALTERNATE HISTORY IN WHICH LOUIS-CHARLES A.K.A. MY FAVE IS ALIVE?????????? AND THE KING????????????

tho if it IS my child louis-charles then he'd BETTER be presented as GOOD and not some sort of EVIL KING ok. it's a les mis adaptation so........ D: BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO BE BAD!!! OH FUCK, WHAT IF HE'S KILLED ALL OVER AGAIN??? CANNAE DEAL WI THIS LIKE

holy fuck tho... alternate history in which
Anka “Viva La Papaya”
*sees book that looks interesting*

*sees it's compared to Lies of Locke Lamora and Six of Crows*

*sees it's compared to Throne of Glass*
♠ Tabi ♠
May 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: pre-ordered
LES MIS and THE JUNGLE BOOK???
Oh, I got to wait until 2020, do I?

description

HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL COVER
anna (readingpeaches)
a diverse fantasy retelling of LES MIS and the jungle book with EPONINE as the main character and NO ONE??? told me abt this???? Y'ALL ARE ALL CANCELLED, NOW KESTER GRANT IS MY ONLY FRIEND
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
I read an early draft of this book last year and from the first page, I was in love.I have been dying for this deal to come out and now I can't wait to see the finished book!
Hiba
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
'For fans of something something and Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows?

I'M READY
Zainab
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
It says Six Of Crows and The Gilded Wolves so I kind of have to read it.
Lia
Nov 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: waiting-for-it
I don't even know where to begin explaining how much I need this book in my life
Elise (TheBookishActress)
May 13, 2017 marked it as releases-2019
LES MIZ AND THE JUNGLE BOOK

like?? i'm ready even though I have no fucking clue what that even means
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
11/28/19
This cover is very pretty <3
---
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book.

Seems like a strange combination, but I'm open to it.
Kester Grant
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
5,000 adds!
quote1

4,500 adds! Here's a shiny quote to celebrate.
quote1

28/06/19
Updated USA release date : JUNE 2020

26/06/19
Ich höre, dass die deutsche Ausgabe im DEZEMBER 2019 veröffentlicht wird. Hurra!!

Fancy reading before everyone else? sign up here and the Guild of Letters will be in touch with further instructions..

PRE-ORDER TCOM from your preferred retailer here

FAQ:

Triggering content:
contains mature themes including human trafficking, sexual slavery and violence towards women and children.

Do you
Mikaela
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book
I have absolutely zero clue what that means but I think I've been preparing for this ever since I was born.
ash | emeraldbookowl
Holy GIVE ME NOW.

This.Sounds.AMAZING.

Yet another 2019 2020 release that can be etched onto my tombstone.

A fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book. AND the court of Louis XVII.

*GASP*
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
"retelling of les miserables"

I LOVE LES MISERABLES

"... for fans of six of crows"

brain machien broke, too excited
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and the Jungle Book? Sign me up!
Lex
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
*I received this book from a publisher in exchange for a review.*

I wasn't the perfect audience for this book because I couldn't read 'Les Misérables' and I couldn't finish 'The Jungle Book' either. I love the story of 'Les Misérables' but the novel is too slow and boring to me, and I found 'The Jungle Book' pretty tedious too. But I was really interested in their mix, so I started reading 'A Court of Miracles' with good feelings. Sadly it was a big dissapointment to me.

Should I complain about
Fanna
Mar 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
A retelling of Les Mis and The Jungle Book??? Uhhhm, yes, please! Also, 1800s in Paris? Perfect setting ever! Especially after reading The Gilded Wolves
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Why have a retelling of one classic when you can have a retelling of TWO classics???????
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
anyone know if this is still happening?
Rena
I need time to gather my thoughts and just...come back from the high this book threw me into. It was different from what I expected, and so much better for it. I...I just can't stop smiling, I loved every second of this ride, and I can't wait to talk more about it. And I need the second book now!

Review (Full Version on my blog):

Disclaimer: I received an E-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

There are certain stories, where Im going to read every retelling. Les Miserables is one
Love, Jamie
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
“And for anyone who knows Eponine deserved so much more”
I will give you my firstborn child to have this book right now
Monique V
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as not-yet-released
Eponine-centered retelling of Les Mis after a failed French revolution
Jamie Pacton
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YA Les Mis meets Jungle Book? Yes, please. I've been intrigued by Kit's idea since she first mentioned it pre-Pitch Wars. I had the pleasure of reading the first chapter of this book during the mentor round of Pitch Wars. Loved it so much! I'm eagerly awaiting the full book. The world is richly drawn and the characters are fascinating.
noah
Mar 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-releases
HOLY SHIT I LITERALLY DREAMT OF A RETELLING OF LES MIS AND NOW ITS ACTUALLY HERE WHAT THE FUCK OMG I NEED THIS THANKS
Cierra
Jun 23, 2017 marked it as to-read

Obviously, I get that it's a retelling of Les Mis (squeals and delight from me).... but how does the Jungle Book part factor in?!?! I don't know whether to be excited or concerned.
Sasha Nanua
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read a draft of this novel post-Pitch Wars and it was a delight. I would keep my laptop open in class (History of the French language, which was fitting) just so I could keep reading it, and finished it in two days. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for this book, and this (amazing) author. Cannot WAIT to have a finished copy in my hands!

Alyssa Grace
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Eponine? Sold.
anna grace
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
historical fantasy!!! and the jungle book and les mis mixed together somehow?? idk how this could sound any better

• Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2)
  • The Grace Year
  • One Small Thing
  • Mooncakes
  • Magieflimmern (Die Krone der Dunkelheit, #2)
  • A Match Made in Mehendi
  • Die Magie der Namen (Die Magie der Namen #1)
  • Die Bucht, die im Mondlicht versank
  • Mitternacht
  • Melody of our future: Roman (12 Songs for Carrie 2)
  • Das weiße Herz: Roman (Das dunkle Herz #2)
  • Das dunkle Herz
  • Dämonennächte (Dämonentage, #2)
  • So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1)
  • Wanderers
  • Eulenherz
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
Kester Grant is a British-Mauritian writer of color. She was born in London, grew up between the UK, Democratic Republic of Congo, and the tropical island paradise of Mauritius. As a wanton nomad she and her husband are unsure which country they currently reside in but they can generally be found surrounded by their fiendish pack of cats and dogs.

Kes can be found lurking with intent on

A Court of Miracles (3 books)
  • Untitled (Court of Miracles #2)
  • Untitled (Court of Miracles #3)
“He is the hunting song calling through the night.
The broken boy beneath the lash.
It ends where it begins.
It begins with him.”