Start by marking “If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)” as Want to Read:
If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)

If You're Reading This, It's Too Late

(Secret #2)

Beware!

Dangerous secrets lie between the pages of this book.

OK, I warned you. But if you think I'll give anything away, or tell you that this is the sequel to my first literary endeavor, The Name of This Book is Secret, you're wrong.

I'm not going to remind you of how we last left our heroes, Cass and Max-Ernest, as they awaited intiation into the mysterious Terces Society,
Published October 1st 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 2008)

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by LaLeesha Haynes for TeensReadToo.com

This is a fun book with an interesting narrative. Cass and Max-Ernest are young adults who have recently been involved with a secret society, the details of which are located in the previous book in the series. Although you do miss out on some details of the protagonists, you could read this book without having read the previous installment, THE NAME OF THIS BOOK IS SECRET.

When you read IF YOU'RE READING THIS, IT'S TOO LATE, it is as though you ar
Nerissa
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Don't believe the title! ;)
Rachel Choi
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
(You should probably read the first book of the series, "The Name of This Book is Secret," if you haven't done so. It will give you a better understanding of what this book is going to be about.) Anyways...

"If You're Reading This, it's Too Late," by Pseudonymous Bosch is another mysterious and adventurous book following the previous book. Once again, Cass and Max-Ernest are set on a mission to find the Secret, but more importantly (this time,) the homunculus. In the beginning of Cass and Max- E
Kelly
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To whoever pick this book to read because of it's weird name(including me), you pick the right and wrong book to read. some people might find this book annoying, not me tho. I read the first book, so I'm kinda(just kinda)used to the way Psuedonymous Bosch write. This book is hilarious, PB!!! When will you ever tell me the Secret??? I here by, say sorry to my friends, because I promise them I will read some books, but I just have to finish the Secret series first!! This book is cool and all, with ...more
Kathrina
Mar 23, 2011 rated it liked it
The boys like the action, I like the character development. The author uses nice big juicy words that are fun to read aloud and stretch the boys' vocabulary without noticeable pain. The plot is a bit thin at points, but the characters are too charming to lose us. We're primed and ready for the next in the series...
Victoria
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!! I highly recommend this book for people who like mystery.
Cristi-Lael
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Love this series. It's so much fun to read to my kids.
Totoro
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh Pseudonymous.... I've fallen for you :P
Izzy H
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
The theme of the book I think is that if you have a secret that might hurt someone keep it safe
Hanna
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book series is crazy but in a good and entertaining way. I also relate way too much to the narrator in the story and I'm officially invested in their life as well as the actual story.
Alyssa
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with this series. I finished a 400 page book in about a week! Which is something I never thought I could do! I literally read the last sentence of the book and grabbed the next one and started reading it. I can't put these books down!
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

Short and Simple Review
When I read The Name of This Book Is Secret I thought it was fantastic! For some odd reason though, I did not get around to continuing the series until now, almost seven years after reading the first book. I think I tried to check this book out from the library, but it wasn't available so it was forgotten. This book does a great job of catching the reader up on previous events with little footnotes and summaries f
Kellen stewart
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very good. I have read some other Pseudonymous Bosch books. this one was very good though. I recall once reading one of his book about chocolate so i might have to reread that one. I liked this book so much because i found it kind of humuerouse and mysterious!
Carly
Feb 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Okay, Pseudonymous Bosch, you may still be a mysterious and hot young male author (check it if you don't believe me) and I may still not know your identity (maybe I need to get some of my friends who are truly skilled with Google to help me dig it up), but you dropped the ball a little bit with this book. Just a little bit, mind you. I mean, I'm still picking up your third book today. No big deal. I still love you. You can still make me laugh. But this wasn't quite like the honeymoon phase of The Name o ...more
haley
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Summary: A year after the events of the first book, our young adventurers Cass and Max-Ernest get their first mission with the Terces Society; use a mysterious orb called the Sound Prism to summon an ancient creature known as the homunculus. The evil leaders of the Midnight Sun, Dr. L and Ms. Mauvais are searching for him too, believing he is the key to finding the Secret, and it's up to Cass, Max-Ernest, and their new friend Yo-Yoji to stop them.

My thoughts: I loved this book just as much, if n
Grady M
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you’re reading this it’s too late
I think this book is funny and mysterious. I think it’s funny because there’s a lot of funny jokes in the book . max ernest always tries to do funny jokes . I think it’s mysterious because first of all the book is a mystery. It has me thinking what’s going to happen next. It has really good vocabulary that would make you have to read it over again. I would recommend this book to ages 10 and older for they can think about it.
Serina
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Serina by: Mollie
Fantastic! Though I THINK I like the first more.
I'm totally amazed by the homunculus! His noble makes the end with a little sad element.
I don't really like the last chapter.
I think what makes me like less about this one is because Bosch gives too much descriptions at the beginning, the first few chapters were not that interesting to me.
My grammar is bad.
Oh well.
However, I'm going to check out the third book today, I can't wait!
Jade
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK RULES!!!!!!!!
Hawkpath
Feb 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Again,another great sequel, can't wait till the next one!
Rick Stuckwisch
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a fun series! Humorously written, but with genuinely endearing characters and a great story line. Really enjoying these books. Think Roald Dahl, Lemony Snicket, and the Mysterious Benedict Society. Great for adults, young people, and children. Not a difficult read, but certainly worthwhile reading.
Bedelya (clockwork.bookdragon) Moreno-Roth
If you are reading this, it’s too late....because I have finished this book! I liked this book but it’s very different from what I usually read. Part of the story seems to contain “magic” yet it still tries to be grounded in reality. There is a lot of plot convenient scenarios that doesn’t seem plausible. Then again that maybe the point of the entire series. It may also be that it is a middle grade book so it can get away with being a bit more fantastical, however I have read other middle grade ...more
Jihannah
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
i was smiling all throughout the book. what a brilliant read
Newton Witter
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carson
C-shaw
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and funny. I really enjoyed this silly kids' book, would like to read others in the series.
* * * * *
I wondered: Were the grandfathers a gay couple??
Jacinta
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-love-it

If you’re Reading this it’s too late
Written By: Pseudonymous Bosch
If you’re Reading this it’s too late written by: Pseudonymous Bosch is about a girl named Cass (Cassandra), who is waiting to be picked up by a secret society called the Terces. Cass is a survivalist, and prepares for any emergencies. She has pointy ears which she covers with her braids. She lives with her mom only, and visits her grandparent’s often in their firehouse. Cass’s collaborator, Max Ernest is also going to part of the
Danielle
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, here goes...
I really didn't enjoy this book. I started reading it ages ago and just found that I couldn't keep going with it. I loved the first book and how quirky the author seemed with all the extra notes and the whole 'stop reading' thing, but I think it's taken too far here. With this book, it got to the stage where I had to make myself finish it. I'm not the type of person to begin reading a book and leave it after a while, but this book very nearly made me quit!
There's so many things
Allison
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late by Pseudonymous Bosch is an amazing book! It is about Cass and Max-Ernest and their endeavors to fight against the Midnight Sun. The Midnight Sun is a terrible organization who is trying to unlock the secret to immortality, which sounds like an amazing idea, but it really is not. Cass is a survivalist. She knows everything there is to know about how to survive in difficult situations. Max-Ernest is an aspiring young magician who is torn between his “separated ...more
Nick
Sep 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
I don't know why it took me so long to read the second volume of this series, but it took a near meeting with the mysterious author to get me to do it. No, really, he was just here drinking coffee, at the other end of our library. He spoke to one of my coworkers, after his real identity was exposed by a paperwork error at Little, Brown...or so they would have you believe. I think the Midnight Sun got to a vulnerable office worker, promising him or her fame, fortune and never-ending spa visits... ...more
If You Are Reading This It's Too Late 1 5 Oct 29, 2017 02:17PM
Around the Year i...: If You Are Reading This, It's Too Late, by Pseudonymous Bosch 1 12 Jul 03, 2017 08:15AM
Mrs. Anderson's E...: If Your Reading This Its Too Late 1 6 May 12, 2016 09:24PM
MIDNIGHT SUN BREAK IN?!?!/ 7 25 Dec 30, 2015 12:22PM

• The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Calder Game (Chasing Vermeer, #3)
  • Another Whole Nother Story
  • The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike, #2)
  • Falling In
  • The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls
  • Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • I So Don't Do Mysteries (I So Don't Do..., #1)
  • The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #6)
  • The Puzzling World of Winston Breen (The Puzzling World of Winston Breen #1)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Sammy Keyes, #13)
  • The Everafter War
  • The Final Exam (School of Fear, #3)
  • Drizzle
  • Masterpiece
  • Horns and Wrinkles
  • The Mystery of the Third Lucretia (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #1)
Pseudonymous Bosch is the infamously anonymous author of the New York Times bestselling Secret Series and the Bad Books. Despite rumors to the contrary, his books are not actually written by his pet rabbit, Quiche; the rabbit is merely his typist.

Secret (6 books)
  • The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1)
  • This Book Is Not Good for You (Secret, #3)
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • Write This Book: A Do-It-Yourself Mystery
“Very little in this world makes sense.” 130 likes
“I ate him," said the homunculus, biting into his sausage.
The kids couldn't hide their looks of horror.
He smiled, sausage juice running down his chin. "Oh, don't worry - I cooked him first. I'm not a barbarian.”
77 likes