Start by marking “Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1)” as Want to Read:

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies

(Pottermore Presents #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  30,893 ratings  ·  2,129 reviews
‘Minerva was the Roman goddess of warriors and wisdom. William McGonagall is celebrated as the worst poet in British history. There was something irresistible to me about his name, and the idea that such a brilliant woman might be a distant relative of the buffoonish McGonagall.’ – J.K. Rowling

Pottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling’s writing from the Pottermor
Published September 6th 2016 by Pottermore Limited

Esthibaly Yes, for the moment they are only available electronically. I do hope they release them in paper! :)
Muskaan I also had the same doubt with regard to these two books. Even though I haven't read the Cursed Child yet, (I am currently reading this one) I can say…moreI also had the same doubt with regard to these two books. Even though I haven't read the Cursed Child yet, (I am currently reading this one) I can say this one is better than the Cursed Child. I have seen mixed reviews of the Cursed Child, and decided to give it a miss.(less)

·  30,893 ratings  ·  2,129 reviews

Mohammed Arabey
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finally, the extra writings by our QUEEN OF MAGIC collected in a professional edited ebook.

And in this one dwell the brave at heart.

Stories about heroism and hardship
. From McGonagall’s grief to Lupin’s lifelong beastly affliction..

To the crazy hobbies of Sybill Trelawney & Silvanus Kettleburn.

If there’s one thing these stories prove, it’s that heroism comes in all shapes, sizes and varieties – whether it’s Remus Lupin giving his life to save the wizarding world or Silvanus Kettleburn hurli
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: Keying on stigmas of intermarriage and disease, it draws profiles in point form, like Pensieves of memories narrated.
Kai
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, pottershelf, 2017
"You don't have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero, sometimes all it takes is having your heart in the right place."

The second part in the Pottermore Presents series is at least as interesting as the first one. We get to know Minerva McGonagall, Remus Lupin, Sybill Trelawney and Silvanus Kettleburn a little (or a lot) more. Most of it is information I already had, so I had set my hopes in Professor Kettleburn. I'm afraid I only got one page, though. Nevertheless this is pure gold for
Alejandro
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got deeper in Harry Potter’s world here!

This is the first ebook (in a series of three, so far) collecting short stories written by J.K. Rowling for the Pottermore website.

In this first book, you’ll get seven short stories focused in the themes of heroism against great menaces, hardship in challenging lives and dangerous hobbies in a world full of real magic.

Thanks to these wonderful narratives, you’ll get to know beyond of what you may got in the original Harry Potter’s book series, various un
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I needed a pick me up after the last couple books I've read and this was perfect!

It gave me all the feels!!

It was nice to learn more about Professor McGonagall and Lupin.

Really short but enjoyable! It's also my favorite of the three e books!
Mary S. R.
5 STARS! well, that was a short return to the Wizarding World that I savoured.
You don’t have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.
If you're not a Potterhead, this book will probably seem to you as just a compilation of facts and backstories about nonexistent people that you've got nothing to do with—but if you are, this short book will delight you with things you didn't know about the making of Harry Potter, your favour
Duane
J.K. Rowling gives us a more in-depth look, a mini-history if you will, of a few of the beloved characters from the Harry Potter stories. Professor Minerva McGonagal steals the show in this group. This phenomenal world created by Rowling is loved by millions across the globe and it’s never tiresome reading about it. Obviously a must read for all Harry Potter fans.

This is the first volume of a 3 volume series.
P
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“To be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.”

I really enjoyed this book. OMG ! I haven't expected before that this book will remind so much of the Harry Potter series. Rowling, how could you do this to me ? You made me miss my childhood so damn much it hurt with this excruciatingly short book. I want more of it. I REALLY want to know about other characters, such as Sirius Black, Albus Dumbledore and notorious Gellert Grindelwald.

This book psyched me up for t
Cait • A Page with a View
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
Lupin is one of my absolute favorite characters, so I loved this look into his life. Both he and McGonagall had super depressing lives, though... like this was really, really sad?

BUT I still loved all of these short stories. (The bit about lycanthropy being a metaphor for AIDS was odd, but she does explain it a bit differently in the story than what people are quoting/passing around Twitter. I'm still not too sure about it, though).

I did think it was clever how JK Rowling is using this page tim
Nayra.Hassan
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
للمدرسين هيبة و وقار تجعلنا ننزههم عن اي نقص او عقد بل نظنهم ولدوا كبارا ..فما بالك لو كان المدرس من بيت السيف و الشرف 🏰جريفندور ..قلب هوجوارتس و منبع أبطالها

حكايات صغيرة تصدمنا نوعا ..فمن يظن ان بروفيسرة ماكجنوجال تأتي من أسرة تعيسة تخفي الأسرار و تتحمل عبء الاختيار . ..من يتوقع ان لها قصة حب طويلة معقدة؟؟👀

بروفيسور لوبين 🐺الذئب المتوحد ..كم عانى في طفولته و متى بدأ وضعه الخاص "كمذؤوب" و الى ماذا ترمز شخصيته .. و كيف تعامل جيمس و سيريوس مع وضعه في اروقة جريفندور ؟و لماذا بكت رولينج 💦و هى تكتب ع
Nasia
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Πολύ αντικειμενική) Remus Lupin :'-(
Bradley
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2016-shelf
Another nostalgia read, but unlike the ones that came before it, it's a bit more simple than the rest.

So what is it? Short stories about our favorite side characters? Minerva, Moony?

Well, sadly, no. These are character sketches. Mini-bios. You might learn some things about the characters that you may not have known, and that may be a given, but there's no real story involved. Just character sketches and their places in HP's life. Nice to have, but not especially fantastic.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
:')
Trish
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a little collection of extra information on some very well-known and beloved or hated characters from the world of Harry Potter. As is the case with many authors, J.K. Rowling had much more information about many characters than she could place in the seven books. After the official website (Pottermore) went online, she had a place where to post these snippets and it was truly great to see how well-thought-out everything was.

This ebook contains 4 chapters:
1) Minerva McGonagall / Animagi
ambsreads
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
“After all, you don’t have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.”

Short Stories From Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardships and Dangerous Hobbies was a set of informative tales about characters we know and love from Hogwarts. The four characters who's tales were told in this particular novella where Minerva McGonagall, Remus Lupin, Sybill Trelawney, and Silvanus Ketteburn - all professors, or once professors - at Hogwarts.

The t
Fahime
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
بعد از خوندن فرزند نفرین شده و راهنمای ناکامل و نامعتبر هاگوارتز، انتظار زیادی از این کتاب نداشتم، اما خوشبختانه غافلگیر شدم.
خیلی دلم برای پروفسور مک گونگال و ریموس لوپین تنگ شده بود و از خوندن زندگی نامه هاشون، گرچه کوتاه بود، واقعا لذت بردم.
واقعا عالی :)
خوشحالم امسالم رو با این کتاب شروع کردم!
Maria Clara
Primero: son fan de Harry Potter y me ha encantado volver a leer sobre su mundo; en este caso, sobre tres de sus profesores.
Segundo: sólo le he puesto 3 estrellas porque no es ningún relato, son apuntes sobre la vida de esos personajes.
Sushi
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
From an 18-year old Minerva McGonagall in love to the loneliness of Remus Lupins' childhood, we get a teasing peek at the the real lives of some of our favorite witches and wizards. The first two chapters(which make up a majority of the book) were entertaining, but the last ones felt like a mere formality to fill up pages with info dumping. It succeeded in making me nostalgic, so 3.5 stars.

JKRs thoughts on each of these characters after the actual chapters were surprisingly thought-provoking.(es
Nnedi
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First thing I've loved by Rowling since the Harry Potter series. Just really a joy to read all this backstory.

Yes, yes, yes, I know you can get this for free on the Pottermore site, but 1. I like books. 2. I don't like reading things online. 3. I like financially compensating authors whom I love with my money (yes, even the mega-selling ones).
Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And in this way, J.K.Rowling brings me back again to Hogwarts!

What an exciting read it was.

Minerva and Lupin did everything to give me a nostalgic feeling.

I must read more from the series.
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

J.K Rowling just keeps on slaying us after all these years.

Ronak Gajjar
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, series
It has both - Awwwwwww and Hawwwwwww moments!
The title undeniably is the perfect one as it envelops particular details for:
1. GRYFFINDOR – HEADMISTRESS – KIND – ANIMAGUS – MINERVA MCGONAGALL
description
She certainly isn’t open book, being always the mysterious one. The aura surrounding her character always emits various radiations looking on to her statements, decisions, commands, and behavioral aspects. I was actually shocked when I read Minerva and stubbornly held grudges together! Her past was kind of
Neil (or bleed)
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, 2016-reads
Graeme Rodaughan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans that need to hone their book discovery skills
Well that was lovely.

I was delighted to discover that these books exist. I'll have to read more...

However, I was surprised to find that the Sorting Hat was barely mentioned in this book and I wonder what he might think about it, perhaps something like this...

The Sorting Hat: (Leans back on his stool) "Well frankly I'm flabbergasted, I have many interesting tales to tell, including my life as a spool of yarn before I even became the Sorting Hat. As the inventor of the original self-licking ice-cr
Anuradha
"Remus Lupin was posthumously awarded the Order of Merlin, First Class, the first werewolf
ever to be accorded this honour. The example of his life and death did much to lift the stigma on
werewolves. He was never forgotten by anyone who knew him: a brave, kind man who did the best he
could in very difficult circumstances and who helped many more than he ever realised."
This alone deserves five stars. Lupin is one of my absolute favourite characters, and this legit made me cry.
AmeliaaXavier
Actual Rating: 5 GLITTERING STARS!

Absolutely love it! Remus Lupin is my numero uno.

full review to come for this whole series!
————————————————————————

We have a book about the badass McGonagall but I was sold when I see Remus Lupin's name. So freaking happy that we got to read about the struggles & hardships he faced in his life. That man deserve everything good in this world. So, let's see my fancast for this amazing man.

Movie Remus:

TT

Fanart Remus:

WO
Amin
همیشه پروفسور مکگونگال برام یه شخصیت خاصی داشت. یه اباهت خاص. از اون استادایی بود که نه میشد دوستش نداشت و نه میشد باهاش خیلی صمیمی شد. در عین مهربونیش، یه مرز واضحی با دانشآموزانش داشت. خوندن داستان زندگینامهاش برام جالب بود. ضمن اینکه ضمیمه مربوط به جانورنمایی که رولینگ نوشته بود هم خیلی چیزها رو برام روشن کرد.

لوپین یکی شخصیت های دلنشین مجموعه هری پاتر برای من بود. مرگش توی داستان واقعا ناراحتم کرد و خوندن زندگینامهاش من رو، مثل رولینگ، دوباره غمناک کرد. با اینکه خیلی از مواردی که اینجا در مور
Cher
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 stars - Meh. Just ok.

Drastically different from the Harry Potter novels in every way, these short stories read as dry biographies with no charisma or story-telling flair. If one was not already familiar with the characters from the novels, there would be zero engagement from the shallow writing. I found no “magic” here. Would only recommend reading to the most hardcore of Potter fans and not even to them would I recommend spending money on a copy.
-------------------------------------------
Firs
Patricia Bejarano
En este pequeño libro de historias conocemos mejor a cuatro profesores de Hogwarts, que son McGonagall, Lupin, Trelawney y Ketterburn. Sinceramente los dos primeros han sido los mejores, aunque también es cierto que si estás muy metido en el mundo de Harry Potter, dudo que algo de lo que aquí se cuenta te sorprenda. Aún así, he disfrutado de la lectura.
Por poner una pega, diría que el precio del libro electrónico (y único formato) me parece excesivo para lo que nos encontramos, pero bueno... es
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
I will never not be upset about Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Also I love Minerva McGonagall. A lot.
Play Book Tag: Short Stories from Hogwarts- JK Rowling-4 stars 4 20 Dec 14, 2016 07:30PM
  • Other Worlds
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
  • The Magic Thief: A Proper Wizard (Magic Thief, #3.5)
  • Harry Potter: the Creature Vault
  • The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  • The Art of Harry Potter
  • Full of Briars (October Daye, #9.3)
  • The Cecelia and Kate Novels: Sorcery & Cecelia, The Grand Tour, and The Mislaid Magician
  • Tortall: A Spy's Guide
  • Doctor Who: Twelve Doctors of Christmas
  • Believing is Seeing
  • Fairy Debt
  • Character Guide (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
  • Doctor Who: Nothing O'Clock