Start by marking “Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1)” as Want to Read:

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies

(Pottermore Presents #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  36,953 ratings  ·  2,453 reviews
‘Minerva was the Roman goddess of warriors and wisdom. William McGonagall is celebrated as the worst poet in British history. There was something irresistible to me about his name, and the idea that such a brilliant woman might be a distant relative of the buffoonish McGonagall.’ – J.K. Rowling

Pottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling’s writing from the Pottermor
Published September 6th 2016 by Pottermore Limited

Esthibaly Yes, for the moment they are only available electronically. I do hope they release them in paper! :)
Muskaan I also had the same doubt with regard to these two books. Even though I haven't read the Cursed Child yet, (I am currently reading this one) I can say…moreI also had the same doubt with regard to these two books. Even though I haven't read the Cursed Child yet, (I am currently reading this one) I can say this one is better than the Cursed Child. I have seen mixed reviews of the Cursed Child, and decided to give it a miss.(less)

·  36,953 ratings  ·  2,453 reviews

Start your review of Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1)
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: Keying on stigmas of intermarriage and disease, it draws profiles in point form, like Pensieves of memories narrated.
Mohammed Arabey
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finally, the extra writings by our QUEEN OF MAGIC collected in a professional edited ebook.

And in this one dwell the brave at heart.

Stories about heroism and hardship
. From McGonagall’s grief to Lupin’s lifelong beastly affliction..

To the crazy hobbies of Sybill Trelawney & Silvanus Kettleburn.

If there’s one thing these stories prove, it’s that heroism comes in all shapes, sizes and varieties – whether it’s Remus Lupin giving his life to save the wizarding world or Silvanus Kettleburn hurling
MischaS_
Well, I guess it is my fault (view spoiler). But I expected so much more from this. This was sort of... dry and almost disappointing. I actually expected real "stories" rather than these "summaries" or whatever I should call it.
But I would like to still read the rest of these short "stories". It's better than nothing.
Kai
Aug 17, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016, 2017
"You don't have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero, sometimes all it takes is having your heart in the right place and supporting the trans community."

Here’s a list of organisations that support trans lives that need your money more than JKR. Every penny counts:

Mermaids UK

The Trevor Project

Black Visions Collective because Black trans lives matter.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Ahmad Sharabiani
Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1), J.K. Rowling

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: نوزدهم ماه دسامبر سال 2016 میلادی

عنوان: اسرار هاگوارتز؛ نویسنده: جی.کی رولی
Alejandro
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got deeper in Harry Potter’s world here!

This is the first ebook (in a series of three, so far) collecting short stories written by J.K. Rowling for the Pottermore website.

In this first book, you’ll get seven short stories focused in the themes of heroism against great menaces, hardship in challenging lives and dangerous hobbies in a world full of real magic.

Thanks to these wonderful narratives, you’ll get to know beyond of what you may got in the original Harry Potter’s book series, various
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I needed a pick me up after the last couple books I've read and this was perfect!

It gave me all the feels!!

It was nice to learn more about Professor McGonagall and Lupin.

Really short but enjoyable! It's also my favorite of the three e books!
Duane
J.K. Rowling gives us a more in-depth look, a mini-history if you will, of a few of the beloved characters from the Harry Potter stories. Professor Minerva McGonagal steals the show in this group. This phenomenal world created by Rowling is loved by millions across the globe and it’s never tiresome reading about it. Obviously a must read for all Harry Potter fans.

This is the first volume of a 3 volume series.
Mary S. R.
5 STARS! well, that was a short return to the Wizarding World that I savoured.
You don’t have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.
If you're not a Potterhead, this book will probably seem to you as just a compilation of facts and backstories about nonexistent people that you've got nothing to do with—but if you are, this short book will delight you with things you didn't know about the making of Harry Potter, your favo
P
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“To be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.”

I really enjoyed this book. OMG ! I haven't expected before that this book will remind so much of the Harry Potter series. Rowling, how could you do this to me ? You made me miss my childhood so damn much it hurt with this excruciatingly short book. I want more of it. I REALLY want to know about other characters, such as Sirius Black, Albus Dumbledore and notorious Gellert Grindelwald.

This book psyched me up for
Calista
I enjoyed reading these short background stories of characters from the Harry Potter series. My favorite one was Minerva McGonagall. I liked her character and it was good getting to know more about her. We learn about her parents and her late husband as well. She had quite a life before the series began. Marrying a muggle sure could make your life difficult. Her mother was a witch and her father was a muggle minister.

Remus Lupin had the next chapter and it is a heartbreaking history. He was turn
Bradley
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-shelf, fantasy
Another nostalgia read, but unlike the ones that came before it, it's a bit more simple than the rest.

So what is it? Short stories about our favorite side characters? Minerva, Moony?

Well, sadly, no. These are character sketches. Mini-bios. You might learn some things about the characters that you may not have known, and that may be a given, but there's no real story involved. Just character sketches and their places in HP's life. Nice to have, but not especially fantastic.
ambsreads
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
“After all, you don’t have to be a sword-wielding Gryffindor to be a hero; sometimes, all it takes is having your heart in the right place.”

Short Stories From Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardships and Dangerous Hobbies was a set of informative tales about characters we know and love from Hogwarts. The four characters who's tales were told in this particular novella where Minerva McGonagall, Remus Lupin, Sybill Trelawney, and Silvanus Ketteburn - all professors, or once professors - at Hogwarts.

The
Graeme Rodaughan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans that need to hone their book discovery skills
Well that was lovely. I was delighted to discover that these books exist. I'll have to read more...

However, I was surprised to find that the Sorting Hat was barely mentioned in this book and I wonder what he might think about it, perhaps something like this....

The Sorting Hat: (Leans back on his stool) "Well frankly I'm flabbergasted, I have many interesting tales to tell, including my life as a spool of yarn before I even became the Sorting Hat. As the inventor of the original self-licking ice-
Sushi
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
From an 18-year old Minerva McGonagall in love to the loneliness of Remus Lupins' childhood, we get a teasing peek at the the real lives of some of our favorite witches and wizards. The first two chapters(which make up a majority of the book) were entertaining, but the last ones felt like a mere formality to fill up pages with info dumping. It succeeded in making me nostalgic, so 3.5 stars.

JKRs thoughts on each of these characters after the actual chapters were surprisingly thought-provoking.(es
Trish
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a little collection of extra information on some very well-known and beloved or hated characters from the world of Harry Potter. As is the case with many authors, J.K. Rowling had much more information about many characters than she could place in the seven books. After the official website (Pottermore) went online, she had a place where to post these snippets and it was truly great to see how well-thought-out everything was.

This ebook contains 4 chapters:
1) Minerva McGonagall / Animagi
Nnedi
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First thing I've loved by Rowling since the Harry Potter series. Just really a joy to read all this backstory.

Yes, yes, yes, I know you can get this for free on the Pottermore site, but 1. I like books. 2. I don't like reading things online. 3. I like financially compensating authors whom I love with my money (yes, even the mega-selling ones).
Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And in this way, J.K.Rowling brings me back again to Hogwarts!

What an exciting read it was.

Minerva and Lupin did everything to give me a nostalgic feeling.

I must read more from the series.
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

J.K Rowling just keeps on slaying us after all these years.

Tan Markovic
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read on Kindle Unlimited for anyone who is interested in reading it and hadn't done so yet.

Lupin's story got me right in the ❤️
Ronak Gajjar
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2018
It has both - Awwwwwww and Hawwwwwww moments!
The title undeniably is the perfect one as it envelops particular details for:
1. GRYFFINDOR – HEADMISTRESS – KIND – ANIMAGUS – MINERVA MCGONAGALL
description
She certainly isn’t open book, being always the mysterious one. The aura surrounding her character always emits various radiations looking on to her statements, decisions, commands, and behavioral aspects. I was actually shocked when I read Minerva and stubbornly held grudges together! Her past was kind of
Swaroop Kanti
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good read! Of course it's the world of Hogwarts and Harry Potter. And, it has Albus Dumbledore...

But, it is a very short one. Such a short book that I am not sure if it can be added to the number of the books read in the year, or to a challenge.

A must-read! :)
Cher
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 stars - Meh. Just ok.

Drastically different from the Harry Potter novels in every way, these short stories read as dry biographies with no charisma or story-telling flair. If one was not already familiar with the characters from the novels, there would be zero engagement from the shallow writing. I found no “magic” here. Would only recommend reading to the most hardcore of Potter fans and not even to them would I recommend spending money on a copy.
-------------------------------------------
Firs
Anuradha
"Remus Lupin was posthumously awarded the Order of Merlin, First Class, the first werewolf
ever to be accorded this honour. The example of his life and death did much to lift the stigma on
werewolves. He was never forgotten by anyone who knew him: a brave, kind man who did the best he
could in very difficult circumstances and who helped many more than he ever realised."
This alone deserves five stars. Lupin is one of my absolute favourite characters, and this legit made me cry.
lauren ♡
I will never not be upset about Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Also I love Minerva McGonagall. A lot.
JoAnna
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!:) I must have more!
Brooklyn Tayla
Utterly brilliant. Wonderful. Magical. Feely. Everything I hoped for, and more! Wish it was longer; so insightful, I teared up at Lupin and McGonagall's back stories.
AmeliaaXavier
Actual Rating: 5 GLITTERING STARS!

Absolutely love it! Remus Lupin is my numero uno.

full review to come for this whole series!
————————————————————————

We have a book about the badass McGonagall but I was sold when I see Remus Lupin's name. So freaking happy that we got to read about the struggles & hardships he faced in his life. That man deserve everything good in this world. So, let's see my fancast for this amazing man.

Movie Remus:

WO
Christina
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

This was wonderful, just what I needed after finishing my re-read of Harry Potter

It's awesome getting little snippets of well known characters, learning more about their pasts, in ways unexplored in the series.

For this one, I especially loved the section dedicated to Minerva McGonagall, as she has always been a favorite character of mine.

And who knew? Remus Lupin has got the same birthday as my son :)
Chris
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, fantasy
Really enjoyed this! Every piece of magic created by Rowling herself in any way connected to the Harry Potter-world is a way to make me happy! Also, I rarely visited Pottermore, so most of these stories were new to me! This is the second e-book from the three Pottermore releases I've read; now only "Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide" is left.
Play Book Tag: Short Stories from Hogwarts- JK Rowling-4 stars 4 22 Dec 15, 2016 11:30AM

• Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #1)
  • 636 Harry Potter Spells, Facts And Trivia - The Ultimate Wizard Training Guide For Magic (Unofficial Guide Book 4)
  • Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)
  • Random Facts about Harry Potter: (500 Random facts, Spells, Charms and Potions for Potter Fans)
  • Harry Potter - The Magical Book of Facts: Over 250 facts you probably didn't know!
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • 166 Harry Potter Facts - Trivia Training To Become The Ultimate Witch Or Wizard
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #2)
  • Unofficial Random Facts about Harry Potter
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Care of Magical Creatures (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #4)
  • Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: (154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #3)
  • Harry Potter Unknown Magical Facts - Ultimate Fact Book: Magic Book
  • Harry Swotter: A Harry Potter Quiz Book
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Over 250 Facts About Harry Potter
  • Would You Rather: Harry Potter: An Unofficial Question and Answer Word Game for Kids
  • A Look into the the Life and Love of Severus Snape: An Essay