Start by marking “Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age” as Want to Read:
Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age

Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age

Published April 2016 by Pichler Consulting

Start your review of Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age
Jose Papo
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are a Product Manager or must think about launching new products and services you must read this book. It focus on two important topics fot Product Development: Strategy and Roadmapping. Pichler describes several techniques, authors and tools to think and describe your product strategy and your product roadmaps. It's a small book but rich in content. Strongly recommended read.
Ian Stewart
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great reference book on forming a product strategy, getting it into a roadmap, and implementing it milestone by milestone. My limited experience with full-blown “official” Agile development made some parts a little cloudier for me but if I made it through anyone can.
Tonybolero
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: user-experience
Good overview but unbalanced

A good introduction and overview of digital product strategy.

The book is divided into two sections- product strategy and roadmaps. This makes the the book a little unbalanced. Topics in the first part of the book could have certainly been expanded into own chapters but are only briefly mentioned while the author goes into great detail about roadmaps.
Chris T
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good stuff. Introduces some nice frameworks around the strategy and product processes.
Vikrama Dhiman
Overall, I’d give the book 3 out of 5. It has enough sparkle to be remembered. I wish Roman keeps producing new editions and upgrades this text. The innovation in organization diagram, product roadmaps, vision-strategy-roadmap-backlog cycle were the most interesting parts for me. It took me about 3 hours to read the book.

Detailed review here https://vikramadhiman.com/strategize-...
Hugo Song
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is good for someone who's new into product management, as it goes over both the 'breakdown strategically' and the 'project management' aspect. I personally found the title a bit misleading as the 'strategy' part is somewhat hand-wavy and high level.
Fabian
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice introduction but lacks depth. The content should have been a blog post (or three).
Boni Aditya
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
There is something wrong about this book. I finished two books back to back before this, and each of them took only a week. The other books were double the size of this book and more complex than this oue.

It took me two weeks to complete. No matter how hard I tried to read the book, I could not concentrate on it for more than a few pages at a time.

The last time a book took so much time for me to process is the black swan.

Why is this so?

The author does not stick to one topic at a time, he talks
Melvin
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short overview of practices for developing and maintaining product strategies and product roadmaps. The text is written clearly, sparkled with real-world examples, and well organized. Some chapters were a bit long, though.

In practice, I rarely see a product strategy artifact; the product strategy is typically dispersed among the product vision, product roadmap, and release plans. So, it was good to see it treated separately as a first-class artifact for strategic planning. I liked the
Mark Schleier
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review coming soon...

Book rating criteria; to help objectify my ratings.
1. Will I read it again?
No, likely not, but will definitely hit the main points frequently.

2. Would I recommend this to others?
Yes, this is an excellent primer and overview to product management theory and I'd especially recommend to anyone desiring to be a leader of product.

3. Am I smarter, better or wiser as a result of this book?
Yes, especially around formulating vision and strategy to get to roadmapping.

4. Was I
Robson Castilho
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
A practical overview of product strategy and roadmapping, with good advices and tools. It shows how it's important to have someone (or a group of people) accountable by company's products, planning products' strategies, involving stakeholders and taking care of products' lifecycle.
Highly recommended to entrepreneurs, people in roles of Product Manager or Product Owner (a Scrum role) and those interested in learning about product management.
Diego
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and basic intro to some core Product Management concepts

If you are knew to product management, this will give you a quick and light weight intro to the concept of roadmaps but not much else in terms of skills and principles for becoming a great product manager.

As a more seasoned PM, this will give you a quick refresher if you’ve spent too much time head down managing a backlog
Mithun
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Concise yet effective

I wasn’t expecting to review my product concepts in such detail within a short book. Roman has been able to lead the way in articulating structure using templates with examples that meets modern day product managements requirements. His is a warm up before you take the big rides. I recommend.
Patrick
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some good stuff in here, though a lot of it is rehash from other sources, so if you read on this topic often, you'll find yourself skimming past large chunks. That said, it's a nice round-up of frameworks and has some great lenses on how to think about product strategy at different stages.
Andrew Hew
Good information for product managers

Good basic coverage for product managers wanting to hone their skills further. Teaches some key concepts that not all product managers understand.
Juan Manuel Vera
Great book, great advices

Very well written book. All the concepts are deeply explained. Suggested templates are very useful and ready to use. I enjoyed reading this book and taking ideas for mi job and business.
Arunthep Sangvareethip
The book is clear leaving right room for improvisation

Good book, I really enjoy it and can be put to good use. Good for product manager or even the corporate strategist.
Mohamed Gaber
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Direct to the point, many models to use to manage products on different scales. I like also the stories, overall it's a practical book I recommend
Kristjan
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Too dry to read - offers methodical approaches and theory behind, but only on fundamentals (read: basic) level.
Dario
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I found the second part about roadmap a little bit more easy reading than the first one.
Antti Aalto
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Product management for dummies. Concise and opinionated. Skips all background and science behind the practice, which may or may not be your cup of tea.
Madzukas
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really useful book with many examples, tools and answers to most common mistakes. If you doing this for the first time it is almost a perfect guide how this should be done.
Nathalie Karasek
Good resource for POS
Mosad
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
informative book

I enjoyed reading this book,
it was an addition to my knowledge in product management. I recommend it strongly for any one in management industry.
Hania
Mar 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
How to build strategy, and roadmaps in the digital world.
Győző
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really good, really short summary of the current state of how a successful Product comes to life
Huthayfa
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great reference for product strategy, this book was my gateway to understand product management and helped me understand what is mission, vision, goal, tactic & technique.
Kars
A bit dry, which is not unusual for books in this category but still a shame. I recommend reading it as you go through an actual product strategy effort. That is what I did and it made the whole thing more enjoyable. Pichler offers a useful framework for researching, creating and validating a product vision and roadmap which should set you up nicely for an agile software design and development project. He even backs up many of his suggestions with further readings.
Rajesh
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good book to look-up aspects of and approaches to strategy. Well compiled and has a range of information about old and new frameworks and ways of thinking. Overall, worth a read for those getting into product management, or those in product development.
Sadok Kohen
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altough i have been launching products since 16 years and familiar with many of the discussed techniques, this book is a very concise and to the point guideline for any product endeavor. The suggested practices are definetly the way to go.

• Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love
  • The Lean Product Playbook: How to Innovate with Minimum Viable Products and Rapid Customer Feedback
  • Escaping the Build Trap: How Effective Product Management Creates Real Value
  • User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product
  • Product Roadmaps Relaunched: How to Set Direction while Embracing Uncertainty
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience
  • Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews
  • Swipe to Unlock: The Primer on Technology and Business Strategy
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • My Product Management Toolkit: Tools and Techniques to Become an Outstanding Product Manager
  • Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
  • Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams
  • Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Product Manager Job in Technology
  • Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy--and How to Make Them Work for You
  • Hacking Growth: How Today's Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
  • Product Management in Practice: A Real-World Guide to the Key Connective Role of the 21st Century

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »