Melvin's Reviews > Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age

Strategize by Roman Pichler

Enjoyable short overview of practices for developing and maintaining product strategies and product roadmaps. The text is written clearly, sparkled with real-world examples, and well organized. Some chapters were a bit long, though.

In practice, I rarely see a product strategy artifact; the product strategy is typically dispersed among the product vision, product roadmap, and release plans. So, it was good to see it treated separately as a first-class artifact for strategic planning. I liked the overall message in the book. I specially liked the emphasis on paper-based simplistic yet helpful templates such as vision board, persona template, GO roadmap template, and the roadmap selection matrix. I would have liked more depth, more pointers, and more discussion about how author's ideas complement with other techniques such as impact mapping.

I plan to introduce some of the templates in my product and release planning seminars. That alone is a good return on investment, given that it only took me a few hours to read this book. I'd recommend it to Product Managers, Product Owners, agile coaches and Scrum Masters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strategize.

May 5, 2016 – Shelved