Start by marking “Inkspell (Inkworld, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inkspell (Inkworld, #2)

Inkspell (Inkworld #2)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  94,612 Ratings  ·  3,727 Reviews
The captivating sequel to INKHEART, the critically acclaimed, international bestseller by Cornelia Funke, an author who is emerging as a truly modern classic writer for children.

Although a year has passed, not a day goes by without Meggie thinking of INKHEART, the book whose characters became real. But for Dustfinger, the fire-eater brought into being from words, the need
Hardcover, 1st US Edition, 635 pages
Published October 1st 2005 by The Chicken House

To ask other readers questions about Inkspell, please sign up.
William D. Matthews If you search inkspell then you will see the icon that makes you choose from currently reading want to read and read once you choose one it will say…moreIf you search inkspell then you will see the icon that makes you choose from currently reading want to read and read once you choose one it will say write a review and that is how you do comments😀(less)
Saanvi No, Goodreads is a site that helps you keep track of the books you are reading and personalizes recommendations based on your tastes. You will need to…moreNo, Goodreads is a site that helps you keep track of the books you are reading and personalizes recommendations based on your tastes. You will need to check the book out at a library or listen on an audio book. (I trust that you already know that, though :))(less)

Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
The Inkworld: Mesmerizing, Deadly, Unforgettable

Maggie and her father (Mo) have a unique gift. They're silvertongues. When they read aloud, things in the book become so entranced by their voices that quite often characters will follow the sound into in the real world. That delight often comes with a price.

Something comes out, something goes in.

That's how Maggie lost her mother, all those years ago, and how Dustfinger was ripped from its pages. Dustfinger spent twenty years in the real world wi
Hope
I really wanted to give this book 4 stars. But my conscience got the better of me…so 3 stars it is. There were some things in this book that genuinely disturbed me, and I’m going to point them out..

Before I do, though, I have to tell you, I loved the book over all. But I’m probably not going to sound like it...

Firstly, there are more language issues with this book. Farid uses the B word twice, and quite a few of the other characters use the D word a lot. The D word was in the first book a bit, b
Anniebananie
3,5 Sterne

Der zweite Band hat mir viel viel besser gefallen als der erste! Wo ich den ersten noch recht langweilig fand war der hier um einiges spannender und actionreicher.
Dennoch werde ich das Gefühl nicht los für diese Reihe einfach das Alter überschritten zu haben 🤷🏼♀
Cornelia Funkes Schreibstil ist zwar wunderschön märchenhaft und passt daher auch super zur Geschichte, die sie dem Leser erzählt, allerdings hätte das Buch für mich dadurch auch so seine Längen.
Die meisten (Charakter-)Entwicklu
Ahmad Sharabiani
Tintenblut = Inkspell (Inkworld, #2), Cornelia Funke
Inkspell is the second novel in Cornelia Funke's Inkheart trilogy. The first novel, Inkheart (2003), was critically acclaimed and was made into a major motion picture released in January 2009. The third novel, Inkdeath, was published on September 28, 2007 in Germany.
عنوانها: طلسم جوهری؛ سیاه خون؛ طلسم سیاه دل؛ نویسنده: کورنلیا کارولینا فونکه؛ تاریخ نخستین خوانش: بیست و چهارم ژانویه سال 2011 میلادی
عنوان: طلسم جوهری - کتاب 2 از سه گانه؛ نویسنده:
Karin
Dec 28, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maria von Riva | buchworte
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Einfach nur wundervoll. Vor 13 Jahren hätte ich es sicher sogar noch mehr geliebt ❤
Sara
Mar 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Cornelia, you need a better editor. Your editor would tell you to figure out which characters are essential and kill off the rest. The difficulty with the book is that it's written for younger kids, but it is too complicated, not all of the storylines are as riveting as the rest, and there are too many complicated emotions for young readers to comprehend or enjoy. The characters are a bit static (and thus predictable), as well. This isn't to say that the emotions aren't realistic, or that the ch ...more
Patrick
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I like that the story got more complex with the second volume. It didn't fall into cliche storylines or plots.

That said, this book felt really *long* to me. And the story felt rather... loose. Like not a lot was happening, given how long I spent listening to it.

I'm willing to admit that a lot of that might have been due to the fact that I was listening to it on Audio. It was 18+ hours long, and while Brendan Fraser did a good job, his reading was a little dramatic for my taste. I prefer a more
KC
Nov 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Rebecca McNutt
I'm glad that Inkspell kept up the same daring modern fantasy elements as the previous in the series, but also that it brought some new things into the story that were completely unexpected. It was sad about Dustfinger though, so I hope that the third in the series is able to resolve it in some way.
Kim
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
So I am going to review the first book Inkheart alongside the second Inkspell since they are part of a trilogy. This book is being heralded as a book to fill the void left by Harry Potter and is marketed to the same target age group. The only difference is after reading the second book my immediate thought was, "That was stupid" I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so let down by a book. The characters are so poorly developed that I found myself not caring in the least when something b ...more
Inkspell picks up a year after Inkheart left off. The Folcharts—Mo, Resa, and Meggie—are reunited in Elinor’s house. They have been joined by Darius—another “Silver-tongue” who can read things out of books but isn’t nearly as good as Mo—and a number of fantastical creatures who escaped from Inkheart, the book that Mo read aloud from thirteen years earlier that has dogged his footsteps since.

All should be well, but meanwhile in another part of Italy, Dustfinger has found a sinister Silver-tongue,
Aleshanee
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was für eine wunderbare Geschichte! Cornelia Funke entführt uns ja im zweiten Teil endlich in die Tintenwelt, die ich auf jeder Seite so sehr genossen habe! Endlich erlebt man den bunten Mark mit Spielleuten in Ombra, taucht ein in den Weglosen Wald, der von magischen Geschöpfen bevölkert ist, riskiert einen Blick hinter die Festung des Speckfürsten und entdeckt die silbernen Türme der Nachtburg!

Alleine schon die vielen malerischen Namen und Schauplätze, von denen man im ersten Teil schon ein pa
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Guys. GUYS. G U Y S. I FINALLY READ THIS!! It's been sat on my shelves, next to my beloved Inkheart for the last s e v e n years and I finally read it. ALL 670 pages, I'm literally stunned.
This is something I never thought I'd read, no matter how much I loved the first book, because I was worried I'd be out of step with it, or feel too old to enjoy it, but THIS BOOK is totally outside of genre and age rating. I really liked getting back into this world with such a great range of characters of a
Mike (the Paladin)
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Meggi, Mo "et al" continue in the story taking place in two worlds. Not to give spoilers, but Mo is in a bad way Meggi is still "learning" as well as being in a bad way, mom is struggling and worrying and scared, and back to MO....he's binding a very special book.

I liked this YA series, there are good ones and bad ones and (being sure the "youth" is mature enough for the themes) this is a good one.

Again, an addition to my review here...I really like these books, I may even say love them and I'm
Cathie
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who likes dark fairy tales
I love this series and my 5 star rating reflects that. This won't be to everyone's taste.

Darker and grittier than the first in the series, it's hard to imagine that this is a middle grade book. Great story filled with pain and death and malice and sacrifice and love and hearts breaking and evil rulers and nasty mean bad guys (and women).

This tale is filled with thorough world building and an abundance of distinct characters. I shed lots of tears with this book and there wasn't many feel good ti
Gypsy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
اینم مثل قبلی، تا اواسطش کشش داشت. اما صد صفحه آخر به خصوص، هی میگفتم پس کی تموم میشه، چرا تموم نمیشه، چرااااااا! :دی غلظت احساسات تو کتاب خیلی زیاده. به نظرم واقعی نیست. اولاً که به فرید نمی آد این قد احساساتی باشه، با توجه به سبقه ای که داشته. بعد این قسمتی که گردانگشت مُرد به خاطر فرید، خیلی هندی بود. بعد این که قراره زنده ـش کنن هم دیگه ته ِ هندی! باب بذار بمیرین شخصیت هات! حتی شخصیت خوش ساختی مث گردانگشت؛ تنها شخصیتی که دوستش داشتم. و خب، مورتیمر هم شخصیت دوست داشتنی ای هس کم و بیش. یا حتی ...more
Alaina Meserole
Inkspell was an okay kind of book. It was very long for an audio, even longer than Inkheart and it was also kind of boring until the last 25% of the book.

The gang is basically all back in this book. Mo, Resa, Meggie, Elinor, and Dustfinger. However, there are a few more people added into the mix. A lot of action happens in this book and at one point I feel like I missed so much in one chapter when I got so distracted at work. I had to go back to that said part and it felt like the book was even
Rachel Nicole Wagner
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So it took me forever to escape the Inkworld. I was so enveloped within this world along with these characters that I found it hard to escape. I'm a huge fan of InkHeart and this was just a wonderful edition to the original story. It brought back all the characters I love, ripped out my heart, kept me on the edge of my seat, put my heart back in my chest and then broke it into a million pieces again. Cornelia Funke is a great writer and I loved this story almost as much as the first book. I'm ex ...more
Marko Radosavljevic
Ostaviću neocenjeno...toliku sam čitalačku blokadu imao da je knjiga završena na silu,mučilo me svako slovo.Sama postavka drugog dela je dinamičnija,vise magična,vise likova medjusobno isprepletanih.Nekako sam očekivao više, ipak definitivno ću nastaviti i završiti ovu trilogiju
AnnaWeasley
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoriten
Bei dem Ende muss ich ganz bald den letzten Band lesen! :(
Aber es war ein grandioser Band! Eine fantastische Reise in die Tintenwelt. :)
Ella
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dita di Polvere e Farid sono la vita, basta.
Angela Auten
Simona Stoica
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sunt puțin liniștită, pentru că știu ce se întâmplă în al 3-lea volum, but I AM NOT OK WITH THIS.
Mary ♥
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
5/5 stars (obviously)

Bright hope arises from the dark
And makes the mighty tremble
Princes can't fail to see his mark
Nor can they now dissemble

With hair like moleskin, smooth and black
And mask of bluejay feathers
He vows wrongdoers to attack
Strikes princes in all weathers

He hunts their game, he robs their gold
And him they would have slain
But he's away, he will not stay
They seek the Jay in vain

There's a reason I like big books (and I cannot lie). They may sometimes seem intimidating but t
Leona  Carstairs
Real Rating: 4.5 stars

Simply put: WOW

The whole Inkworld is such a great setting to read about. And while the first was amazing as well, this one is even better. I think the best from the series to be honest, although I read this quite a long time ago so Idk if that opinion is still valid. A superb series and book, I loved the introduction to the beautiful yet deadly Inkworld.

My least favorite part about this was Mo. He was utterly annoying, I just don't really like Mo and definitely preferred h
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا

Josh
Mar 12, 2008 marked it as to-read
so yea..the same as inkheart!!!!!!!
Em
Apr 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Anidict13 IsTheName
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone
I'll put it bluntly: It made me miserable.

Again, I am impressed by the choice of words; the luster of the settings described and; the variety in the characters' personalities. It really wasn't that bad, but the story took a dive from 20 feet to 50 feet deeper. I mean, the story got a little bit more serious than it had been first. The idea of making the story a little more serious on the second book wasn't exactly a bad idea, but the change was as subtle as a gun!

I know, the part of many people'
Do you think Dustfinger the Adderhead and all the other characters where there before or made up? 2 6 May 31, 2017 02:53PM
Confusing 82 173 May 06, 2017 05:25PM
About this book... 13 100 Apr 20, 2017 03:48PM
What book would you like to be a part of if you could? 3 19 Apr 20, 2017 03:45PM
Anybody Like This? 65 203 Apr 20, 2017 03:43PM
Meggie and Farid 7 42 Apr 20, 2017 03:35PM
Drop Everything A...: Inkspell 3 20 Jul 25, 2015 02:01AM
  • City of Flowers (Stravaganza, #3)
  • The Stone Light (Dark Reflections, #2)
  • Shadows on the Stars (Merlin Saga, #10)
  • The Key to Rondo (Rondo, #1)
  • Enna Burning (The Books of Bayern, #2)
  • Beyond the Valley of Thorns (The Land of Elyon, #2)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • The Search for the Red Dragon (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #2)
  • Nijura: Das Erbe der Elfenkrone
  • Time Quake (The Gideon Trilogy, #3)
  • Grim Tuesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #2)
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • The Purple Emperor (The Faerie Wars Chronicles, #2)
  • The Divide (The Divide, #1)
  • Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2)
  • The Cobra King of Kathmandu (Children of the Lamp, #3)
  • Dark Whispers (Unicorn Chronicles, #3)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke

Inkworld (3 books)
  • Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
  • Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • Circe
    $13.99 $4.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“Stories never really end...even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don't end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page.” 4494 likes
“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.” 3872 likes