Start by marking “Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2)

Wandering Star

(Zodiac #2)

A breathtaking sci-fi space saga inspired by astrology that will stun fans of the Illuminae Files and Starbound series.

Orphaned, disgraced, and stripped of her title, Rho is ready to live life quietly, as an aid worker in the Cancrian refugee camp on House Capricorn.

Published December 8th 2015 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Wandering Star, please sign up.
Romina Russell Hi again Andrew! <3
Hi again Andrew! <3
Thank you for your questions--and all the ZODIAC love! :) The biggest obstacle I faced at the book's outset was that I knew very little about astrology. So the first thing I did was spend some time familiarizing myself with the signs and their traits in order to craft characters and worlds that would suit each one.
The next hardest part was having to think up *thirteen* different Houses, with varied planetary systems, people, governments, cultures, wildlife, landscapes, etc--after finishing the first few, I was worried I'd run out of ideas! One of my tricks for when that happens is to draft a long list of options--I'll brainstorm as many possibilities as possible, pushing myself to continue listing ideas even after I think I've run out, and usually by the time I get close to #15-ish, I'll be past the cliches and getting into the good stuff. <3
xoxoxo
Romina(less)
Romina Russell
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2)
Alyssa

Book Two of the Zodiac series
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: December 8, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

But news has spread that the Marad--an unbalanced terrorist group determined to overturn harmony in the Ga
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dare I say this was better than the first??? Yes I think I can! When I read Zodiac I had a hard time getting into it but I loved it by the end! I didn't have that issue with Wandering Star I loved it from the first page! I am so in love with the characters and this amazing world and I was so happy that we got to see a few different houses in the Zodiac. I was brought to tears quite a few times and I found my self grinning like a damned idiot in a few different scenes. I can't say when or I will ...more
Erin Lynn
OMFG. I CAN'T EVEN DEAL RIGHT NOW. THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. OMFG. HOLY MOLY. IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I NEED BOOK THREE NOW!

Warning: There may be spoilers for Zodiac in this review. Read at your own risk, if you have not yet read the first book in the Zodiac series.

Holy Helios! For those of you who have read Zodiac (and if you haven't, go get yourself a copy right flipping now!), Wandering Star picks up a few weeks after the catastrophic ending that left readers of this stellar science fiction series in
Justine
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
2.5 stars rounded up.

These books are the equivalent of the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes set in space. So that tells you the level of quality. But for some reason right now I still kind of want to know what happens? Maybe by next month I won't care.
Erin
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Rinse and repeat is how I felt about book two. I should copy and paste my review from book one as my feelings between the two books haven't changed that much. I do have to say that I felt like Wandering Star had a stronger start versus Zodiac but it then seemed to fall off a bit. Even with the book being 400 + pages some plot lines seemed rush to be resolved so they came off a bit unbelievable. The ending to book two makes me curious enough to c
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fast-read
The explosive sequel to the sci-fi action-packed "Zodiac" brings more galactic traveling, character growth, plot thickening, swoony romance, and mystery to keep readers fully enthralled. Full review to come!
Kamalia
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wandering Star is the sequel to Romina Russell's YA Sci-fi novel, Zodiac. I read this book a whole month after i finished reading the first one. I loved the first book and can say that i really enjoyed the second! I am rating this beauty 4.4 out of 5 stars!ALSO: HOW FREAKIN GORGEOUS IS THAT COVER!

The story and plot
I thought that the story started off a little slow, and it didn't get that exciting until the second half of the book. It wasn't at all a bad slow start though, because i did keep want
Jessica
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I received an ARC copy of Wandering Star in exchange for an honest review, and let me just say, I was so excited when Romina DMed us and told us we were getting a copy! Amber and I are both huge fans of Zodiac, the first book in the series, which we read last year and absolutely loved. I have never really been one for science fiction and fantasy, but this series is one that caught my interest from the first page and refuses to let me go.

Wandering Star is the second book in the series, and it fol
Lauren
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. OH MY GOD. This series just keeps getting more intense and I LOVE it! This is turning out to be one of my favorite Sci-fi book series ever. I'm not much a fan of the love triangle that's happening, and it seems to be moving slower than the rest of the plot which throws me a bit. But the main basis of the series is out of this world (forgive the pun). So many great topics and lessons being thrown around. Diversity, acceptance, empathy, freedom. Just fabulous.
Ashley Daviau
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t enjoy this book nearly as much as the first in the series. It felt forced to me pretty much the whole way through, the story just didn’t flow as well as in the first book. There were some pretty epic battles and moments that left me gasping in disbelief which is what absolutely saved this book for me. So I didn’t hate it, I didn’t love it, it was just meh.
Austin
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wandering Star, the highly anticipated sequel to Zodiac by Romina Russell was just as well-written as its predecessor, pure and simple. Although Rho has been cast out by her fellow Cancrians and the majority of the Houses, her faithful friends and allies have never stopped believing in Rho and the vast power she possesses to see the possibilities of what is to come. In truth, the battle has just started.The appearance of Marad, a deadly terrorist organization more organized, capable, and advance ...more
Alyssa Powers
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE this book! Zodiac was one of my favorite books last year, and Wandering Star is most definitely one of my favorites this year! The world-building is, well, OUT OF THIS WORLD! Romina has brought Astrology to life in the form of worlds, goverments, technologies and even the citizens of those planets. Making the story connect and interweave itself into your mind. We all know our Astrological Sign (I'm a Gemini), and seeing what kind of planet I would have lived on was so cool, but ...more
Ashley
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-real-shelf
Review to go live on the blog in December along with an interview with the lovely Romina Russell but here's my initials thoughts after finishing.

This might be a sci-FI story but Romina's words ring true in society today. We are so quick to judge others while we should judge ourselves first. I don't normally highlight my books but when I restart this in the morning I'll be highlighting quotes to find in my finished copy.

Then my IG post (I repeated stuff but need a place to display my fangirling
Colleen Houck
Really liked getting to know the characters better, especially Hysan! Love the title of Wandering Star for Rho. It's interesting to see how the rebellion is playing out. The ending was especially surprising!
desirey
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's tough to decide, but I think Wandering Star might even surpass the first book. So many questions are answered while even more arise.

We get to see Capricorn and visit Sagittarius, Nishi's home planet. I loved how vividly everything was written; it's like a movie inside your head the entire time. The enviroments were beautifully described and I loved seeing every Houses own unique sense of style and culture.

As I flipped through the pages, I grew to care more and more about our heroes: Rhoma
Jessica
I can't even place words on the page.... This book ended to soon for me. I love it all. I can't believe the ending of it and even when someone that was thought to be dead was still alive and not so well. I feel sad for Rho as her heart was torn into two places again. I also feel sorry for Hysan as he does love Rho so much.

I hope this situation is corrected in the last book. Can't wait for that now.
Tikaa
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I finished this the other day, but forgot to update my status! Romina never ceases to amaze me with her writing. I'm giving Wandering Star 4 1/2 stars! Stay tuned for my review :)
Shanah
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For this review and many others, please visit - https://bionicbookwormblog.wordpress.com

I read book 1 in this series, Zodiac, back in September, and I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY!! It was published back when I didn’t read much YA science fiction so it never made its way on my radar. I’m so glad that it eventually did because – WOW! It’s such a complex book that includes many characters, a large and complicated space system world, and zodiac traits that rule it all. It was such a complex world with
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So rule one don't read a book like this or start one while you are in a book slump....I originally started this book when it came out because I was so desperate to read it, but while in a book slump I can tell you it was very hard to get into.

But when my book slump went away and I was able to open this book up again with new eyes, it was a completely different story. I absolutely loved this book, yes, in the beginning it is slow, but all great things build and this book is one of those. Romina
Barb Lie
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wandering Star by Romina Russell is the 2nd book in her Zodiac series. Though this is considered a Young Adult book, the concept and story is truly for everyone. In the first book, Zodiac, where we met our teenage heroine, Rho, we learned about the different houses in the 12 galaxies. We learned about the evil Ochus, of the long lost 13th Galaxy, who was slowly destroying them. However, Rho was the only one who saw him in her visions. With the destruction in her Galaxy, causing the death of the ...more
Synnie
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This book was amazing. Hands down one of my all-time favourites and I feel like every person needs to read this series. Rho can be a little annoying at times. Listening to the different words of wisdom from the various signs is always one of the highlights for me. The rest of my review for this is literally going to consist of text messages I sent to my best friend just from today while reading it (during my breaks at work and when I got home). There are absolutely no spoilers because she hasn't ...more
Ilsen Leon
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes sequels don't exceed my expectations but this book did! I loved everything about it and my favorite part is more heart wrenching twists than the last one. It still made me emotional but maybe I'm not as emotional because it was 3 am when I finished this. I could not put it down!! I didn't want it to end! Now I have to anxiously wait for the third one! I can't wait!!!

2/3/17

I just reread this the second time to refresh my memory for the third book and it was just as fun and exciting and
Carrie Mansfield
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Full review to come, but as gorgeous as the cover is, the text within is even prettier still. A rare book whose sequel does the first book justice - if not even exceeding it. Seriously, pick this up. This series deserves way more love than it gets.
Lan Kiều
Mar 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
April 30th, 2015
 Jera
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This book is fantastic! It broke my heart to a million pieces, nearly gave me a heart attack and gave me so much feels. Never read a book like this. I love it! So, so much! And I am in dire need of the third book now.
Anto
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
TREMENDOOOOO
Kathleen
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I definitely liked the first book better however this was a great sequel. I think the plot is becoming so much more complex and interesting. I love that the author is allowing us to see so much of the world (since the world is so vast). She has created such a beautiful and grand world. Because there are 12 different zodiac signs, that means there are 12 different populations with 12 different cultures and I love the differences between all of them.

My one frustration with the book was the love tr
themreadsbooks
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Much better than the first book. I couldn't put it down towards the end!
Andrea
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, own
I really enjoyed the first book, but the first half of this was not for me. Rho was strong and confident in Zodiac, but for a good part of Wandering Star she is whiny, annoying, incompetent and doesn't believe in herself or anyone. It's not something I like to see in my strong protagonists. Luckily, her friends and allies don't let her mope forever and thank god for that.

I didn't really like the twist that showed up about 65% of the way through. I was hoping (view spoiler)
Erin Arkin
Wandering Star is the second book of the Zodiac series by Romina Russell. If you haven’t started this series yet and are looking for something science fiction, definitely consider them. I enjoyed book one a lot so I was excited to get my hands on book two so I could find out what was going to happen next.

This book jumps right back into Rho’s story and Russell immediately dives into the action. With Rho disgraced, she assumes she will live a quiet life with her brother and a new friend, but a te
Who do you think Rho would end up with? 4 39 May 09, 2017 06:17AM
Wandering Star Fe...: Final discussion 7 23 Jan 23, 2017 05:24AM
The Master 3 6 Aug 15, 2016 08:25AM
All About Fantasy!: Wandering star 2 6 Jun 09, 2016 09:20PM
Wandering Star Fe...: Chapter 27-36 (end) 5 19 Feb 29, 2016 01:54PM

• Seize Today (Forget Tomorrow, #3)
  • Remember Yesterday (Forget Tomorrow, #2)
  • Memorias de un Engaño (Lesath, #1)
  • Fate of Flames (Effigies, #1)
  • Witches: Maleficio de piedra (Saga Witches, #3)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 II 林間合宿:裏面 [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho II] (My Hero Academia Light Novels, #2: Training Camp)
  • A Reluctant Assassin (Order of the MoonStone, #1)
  • Nacida bajo el sol de Acuario
  • Witches: Ritual Rojo (Saga Witches, #4)
  • Esos raros relatos nuevos
  • Mystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
  • Apolonia
  • United (Alienated, #3)
  • Multiversum (Multiversum, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door
Romina Russell (aka Romina Garber) is a Los Angeles based author who originally hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina. As a teen, Romina landed her first writing gig—College She Wrote, a weekly Sunday column for the Miami Herald that was later picked up for national syndication—and she hasn’t stopped writing since. When she’s not working on ZODIAC, Romina can be found producing movie trailers, taking ...more

Zodiac (4 books)
  • Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
  • Black Moon (Zodiac, #3)
  • Thirteen Rising (Zodiac, #4)

News & Interviews

“When we pass judgment, we hit a dead end. When we analyze something with an open mind, we can explore a concept into infinity.” 25 likes
“Failure is not an end-it is the means to an end. Study your failures, for they are the scrambled secrets of success.” 21 likes