Start by marking “The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)

The Eternity Code

(Artemis Fowl #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  110,619 ratings  ·  2,125 reviews
Thirteen-year-old criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl has constructed a supercomputer from stolen fairy technology. In the wrong hands it could be fatal for humans and fairies alike. But no need to worry, Artemis has a brilliant plan. He's not going to use the computer; he's just going to show it to a ruthless American businessman with Mafia connections. His bodyguard, Butler ...more
Published April 6th 2006 by Puffin (first published April 27th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Eternity Code, please sign up.
Alex8.17.4 Jon Spiro underestimated Mulch and thought that the simple task would easily done. Unfortunately for him mulch could tunnel out!
Quinn Butler got hurt because it makes the story interesting and sad. I personally hate when authors "kill someone" and bring them back to life.

·  110,619 ratings  ·  2,125 reviews

Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: Wherein characters edge toward the brink of life-altering change, (view spoiler).
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3), Eoin Colfer
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: ژانویه سال 2006 میلادی
عنوان: آرتمیس فاول و رمز ابدی - کتاب سوم؛ نویسنده: ایون کالفر؛ مترجم: شیدا رنجبر؛ تهران، افق، 1384؛ شابک: 9643691721؛ چاپ دوم 1385؛ چاپ سوم 1386؛ چاپ چهارم 1387؛
آرتمیس فاول، نوجوان نابغه و ماجراجو، با قطعات کلاهخودها و سلاحهایی که به غنیمت گرفته، یک میکرو کامپیوتر میسازد، که از فناوری انسانها برتر است. سپس تصمیم میگیرد اختراع تازه ی خود را به «جان اسپرو»، یکی از صاحبان صنایع، که با مافیا هم سر و سری دارد بف
Ruthie
Dec 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
What I love about Artemis Fowl is that, unlike Harry Potter, good things don't just happen to him because he was born special. Things happen his way because he's smart - he thinks ahead and he always out-plans his opponent. And he's just a kid. I've always loved books about an invincible kid hero. (think: Ender) But don't read these books looking for Ender. :-) Artemis is a criminal who makes just enough truly good decisions to keep him interesting all the way through.

The first book was a little
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
I never tell people exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared

Artemis, invents a supercomputer which no human can think of. Just extraordinary! (I don't want to spoil this what that comp. can do)
The name of his invention is C Cube. It is made by the technologies of Fairies also. Artemis uses the things which his bodyguard confiscated from fairies in the first book.
Now, as always, Artemis wants fortune. Huge amount of Fortune. So he plans to sell his astonishing invention to a bus
Alaina
The Eternity Code is the third installment of the Artemis Fowl series. It was so freaking good! So much action, twists, turns, and death! I also just really love Artemis as a character - but I think I might have a new favorite: MULCH!

Okay, so I'm not going to lie.. this book definitely took me on a whirlwind kind of adventure. There were so many things that I seriously didn't see coming. I'm surprised that I didn't actually but it made me like the book even more! I definitely almost cried during
Shelia
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

'Nuff said.
★ Jess
Aug 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Mind Blowing Technology, sarcastic centaurs, A kleptomaniac Dwarf, a 13 year old criminal Genius, a crippled body guard, faries and tight security sky scrappers.
This is Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code!

A tale of Action, Adventure, Comedy and friendship- Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code has it all !

The Eternity Code is 13 year old anti-hero Artemis Fowl’s 3rd adventure, and perhaps his most exciting yet.
In this story, Artemis has made a high tech gadget, using stolen fairy technology-decad
Elsa Qazi
4 stars

"The world will remember the name of Artemis Fowl."

This book had me engrossed. Though not as good as the first one this was still a masterpiece. The action, character development and ingenious designs of the boy genius had me on the edge of my seat. Will be forever grateful for this series.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I loved The Arctic Incident so much that this was a bit of a letdown as the follow-up. Having said that, it was a very entertaining book. Even though I have a paper copy, I picked up the audiobook narrated by a favorite British actor of mine, Nathaniel Parker. He narrated the heck out of it. I loved his various accents, everything from Irish to New Yorker.

Artemis is still being a criminal genius, but his conscience is being impacted by his father's return and new lease on life, and his associat
Adibah Atiqa (elentiyareads)
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“And one more thing. About my name — Artemis — you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.”

Oh, Artemis ! You're such a devious genius little creature and you have my heart for that because why ? YOU JUST MAKE ME CRY

The third book in this installment make me fond of these characters m
David
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Wright
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who have read Eoin Colfer's series about Artemis Fowl, you will understand the possibility for addiction. That is also true for those who have read J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series of books and Lemony Snicket's books written by Lemony Snicket and Brent Helquist. You read one book and the author transports you to a realm that is far away and filled with wonder. You do not have to be a child or young adult to be drawn in. That is the case for me with Eoin Colfer's books. Books 3 ...more
Marina
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, own
The Eternity Code is the strongest book in the series so far.

Artemis has changed from the villainous mastermind 12-year old we met in the first book, but a lot of the things in his life has changed. He has family back, he has friends, and most importantly Artemis has grown a lot as a person: he has developed a conscience. None of which would have been possible if wasn't for fair-folk in the Lower Element Holly, Folly, Root, and of course Mulch.

But even with all of that, Artemis is not ready to l
Lucy Rojas
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
best one so far
Manni
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muuten ehkä paras tekele tästä sarjasta tähän mennessä, mutta vihaan sitä kun kirja päättyy (view spoiler)
BAM The Bibliomaniac
I didn't really like this book as much as the other two. I'm not sure why I think it has something to do with Butler. I did enjoy seeing his sister being a bigger part of the story this time.
Chuck
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So far, my favorite in the series.

Artemis has managed to restore both of his parents not only to the land of the living, but to health. There's a down side--Dad is a reformed man, more concerned about family than wealth, so Artemis must control his shenanigans. He decides to have one last caper . . .

Unfortunately, he tries to extort money from one or the most ruthless industrialists in the world, which has the very bad effect of inadvertently putting fairy technology (far more advanced than anyt
Katrina
Mar 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen and pre-teen, boys especially
Recommended to Katrina by: found it in the library
Summary: fast paced action, a little humor, the gang is back. Artemis Fowl gets in trouble trying to use fairy technology to land some cash in a scheme that causes all kinds of serious mayhem. He and the fairies have to work together to prevent the clash of worlds.
What I appreciate about Eoin Colfer is that his books don't change from juvenile to adult fiction halfway through the series like some other series out there. My boys have more leisure time and read ahead of me, so with the Artemis Fo
Lazybee
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mulch is the best supporting character in the series. He is witty, clever and shady as hell, but still lovable. The kleptomaniac dwarf stole the show in this book.

Artemis fowl decides to build a mini-super computer, C Cube, using the fairy technology. But the plan goes awry when he underestimates an enemy. And the C cube ends up in the hands of Criminal.
Kimberley doruyter
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
this one was for lack of a nicer word boring.
but becuase i liked the first two i will try the next one in the series i see if it gets good again.
Aimee Meester
these books just make me so happy okay
Austine (NovelKnight)
This book was provided by the publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Not going to lie, The Eternity Code is probably my favorite book of the series. It's actually the first book I picked up at my school's book fair, catching my eye with its shiny blue cover, and I hadn't realized it was part of a series until after I got home (so of course I had to get the rest of the books out so far).

Artemis Fowl has gotten into plenty of trouble with the People
Kit
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Having read books one to six, I have always liked the Eternity Code best in the Artemis Fowl series. It shows Artemis at his best and most interesting: still cold, still calculating, but beginning to doubt himself and his motives, on the cusp of the redemption journey that takes up the rest of the series. The balance between Artemis’s old criminal ways and his new take on life is just right in the Eternity Code, as on either side he swings too much one way or the other. It’s the first time he is ...more
Ann
Adventure three in the Artemis Fowl series. (Audio book review)

Is it possible that I enjoy these books more with each installment? I think so, because - for me - I love the characters and each installment seems to focus a little more on the characters, now that the world has been created and the fairy laws don't need constant explanation. Plus, is it possible that Artemis himself is turning into more of a true hero? (Well, will Artemis *ever* be a true hero... that's questionable... but I defini
Robert Thompson
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Two words "Mo Digence". Laughed so hard when I read that. Just about the most memorable parts of Eternity Code are usually attributed "Mo", it still gets me. Now back to my review.

Artemis is almost a fully metamorphosed character, compared to the snobbish(still is just not openly), insulting, amoral and friendless villain debuted. His ongoing verbal and habitual assumptive tit-tats with Butler are more akin now to life long friends not employer to employee. These and other issue form the crux of
Laura of Lurking
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think the strongest title in the series to date, once again Artemis and his cronies get in over their heads, abuse fairy technology, drive criminal masterminds up the wall, nearly get their heads put on platters, and have fun in the process!

I particularly like how the characters have grown since the first book, but in this one some changes took place that will likely affect future books rather drastically. Some for the better some for the worse I suspect.

One thing I love about this series is
Serina
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: high-school
Artemis Fowl utterly amazes me. I love the unexpected turns; I never predicted any of Artemis' ingenious schemes. The third one so far is my favorite. Even though the book generally gives the readers a thrilling, fantastical vibe, the relationship between Artemis and Butler, as well as that between Artemis and Holly, touch my heart greatly. Eoin Colfer's style will not pale in comparison to J.K. Rowling's. His diction is beyond accurate, flooding me with delight and other emotions when appropria ...more
Jaq
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: letti-in-lingua
If there's something I love is a book in which a group of mismatched characters tries (and succeed) to pull off an incredible heist ❤
Drewthereader19
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I'm liking this book series! Overall rating is a 4.5/5!(:
Countrywide Paintball Coupon Codes 1 1 Feb 26, 2019 09:39PM
Artemis and LEP just about to get along??? 4 46 Mar 05, 2014 06:33AM
How is Juliet similar or different compared to Butler? 1 26 Nov 11, 2013 09:49PM
How Are the Graphic Novels? 7 43 Jul 30, 2013 02:57AM
Class of 2013: book review 7 10 Mar 27, 2013 05:41PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • Lord Sunday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #7)
  • Faerie Lord
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • The Edge Chronicles 5: Stormchaser: Second Book of Twig
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (The Children of the Red King, #2)
  • Lady Knight (Protector of the Small, #4)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • The Angel's Command (Flying Dutchman, #2)
  • The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)
“I never tell anyone exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared.” 2141 likes
“If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, then I'd hide somewhere far away.” 943 likes