Start by marking “Captured (Fallen Siren, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Captured (Fallen Siren, #0.5)

Captured

(Fallen Siren 0.5)

Join FBI Agents Emma Monroe and Zack Armstrong.
She’s a Siren. He’s a Werewolf.
Their mission is redemption.

Emma Monroe is a Fallen Siren, cursed by the gods and banished to Earth for her failure to prevent the kidnapping of Persephone. She’s had many names and many lives, but only one mission: redemption. Now she works for the FBI and is on temporary assignment in Charlest
Published June 10th 2014 by S.J. Harper

To ask other readers questions about Captured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Rating: 3.5 stars

Well that was a surprisingly entertaining read! I can’t remember how I came across this series but was very intrigued by the whole siren/werewolf set-up and decided to give it a try.

Captured is the prequel to Cursed, the actual first instalment in the Fallen Siren series. Although it is not a full-length book (about 160 pages I think) the plot is very detailed and well-constructed. The mystery part of the story is quite complex and several twists & turns make Captured quite
Dianne
Everybody loves a good back story to a sizzling hot read! Captured by the dynamic duo known collectively as S. J. Harper tells the story of how FBI agents Zack Armstrong and Emma Monroe from Cursed met. Both are more than just FBI agents, both have pasts they must hide, do they both suspect that the other is more than a mere human?

Emma is a Fallen Siren, seeking redemption for a grievous error she made eons ago. Zack is a werewolf holding his past deep within. Children are being abducted and kil
Jenne
I sure wish I had book 3 right now! The chemistry between Zack and Emma is awesome. And Zack....well he's extra awesome lol. While this novella shows our H and h meeting it's not necessary to the overall story arc. It does fill in the holes though about their previous connection in book 1. I've really enjoyed this series. It's the perfect blend of romance, mystery and paranormal. Can't wait to read the third one later this year!
Sandy Williams
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I don't read many short stories, mainly because they don't keep my attention as well as novels do. But if authors are writing short stories as good as this one, I think I might need to change my tune. This novella was excellent.

It's the prequel to the series. In CURSED, we don't get to see Emma and Zack's first meeting, but there are several references to it. This novella is that meeting and, damn, I loved every word of it. Zack and Emma are great partners, and they're a great couple. I'm dying
Beth
When I got my hands on the first novel in the Fallen Siren, I knew I had found a wonderful new series I must follow. Captured is a prequel novella to this series, giving us some background and insight into Emma's beginnings with Zack's.

I love the combination of mythology, paranormal and fantasy. The writing team that makes up S. J. Harper creates a fabulously written mystery, wonderfully steamy romantic tension and marvelous world building.

I devoured this story. For fans of Patricia Briggs, thi
Coco.V
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (9/28/18)!💝
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the Cursed when I read it last year so when I was offered a review copy of the prequel novel Captured I jumped at the chance of reading it. Captured may be a prequel but at around 170 pages you certainly get plenty of story and I really enjoyed getting to see Emma and Zack's first meeting. If you are new to the Fallen Siren series then you can definitely start here, you'll even find an extract of Cursed included at the end so you can make a start on it immediately after finishin ...more
Mandy
Emma Monroe is first a Siren banished forced to live as a human keeping her abilities dormant for fear of facing the wrath of the one who tortured her. Emma has been consulting with another agent who's in Charleston working on a kidnapping turned murder when another boy is taken. Wanting to find the boy alive Emma fly's in so the two can go over the prior murders and catch the killer.

While putting in long hours Emma develops a slight interest in Zack her partner but in a non-business fashion b
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc
Review courtesy All Things Urban Fantasy

Ever find yourself wondering about a loved-book’s backstory reference and thinking “hey, I wish I could read that”? I did when I first read Cursed. I loved Emma and Zach from the start with the references to their first case, I kept going back to Goodreads, wondering if I’d missed one.

I hadn’t. It wasn’t out yet. But it is now. And CAPTURED is everything I’d hoped to find when I was looking in vain for their first case together.

A quick read, at just under
Mara
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

The problem with fans is that we are unable to stop blabbering how much we like that fantastic author/series/book and that everyone has to read it too!

I'm way more cool with books I found lacking. So, I hope you'll forgive me if this review doesn't sound so interesting at the end. Because, you know, I love this series. Action fantasy, mystery and detective stories are to me the real core of UF, even if PNR fans may disagree.

Captured is a classic run-against-time detective story at its hear
Ezinwanyi
I guess I disagree with most of the reviews. While this is the first case Emma worked with Zach, I didn't feel like it added much in terms of foundation/background to this story. This could have been 30-40 pages added to book 1.
Very little explanation on Emna's background or even Zach's that I wasn't already aware of because of book 1. Just mentioned the best friend Witch once. It was clear to me that this Prequel was written after book 1.

With that said, I did like this novella. It was an inves
Sabrina
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal

This is a nice, short introduction to the series but it was also a great way of giving readers more background information about the main characters. I really liked the combination of mythology, suspense, paranormal and fantasy it offered and I will keep reading the series!
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Captured is S.J. Harper's prequel story to Cursed, the launch of the Fallen Siren series! And it was awesome! While reading Cursed last year, you could tell that Emma and Zack had a strong history with one another. It might have only been a week, but it was an intense week, and now we get the whole story!

Emma is called to Charleston, SC to help Zack in a child abduction case. This is the third one that's occurred in a certain amount of time. Emma had been assisting via phone calls and now she's
chucklesthescot
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: uf-pnr, ebook, fiction
Emma is an expert in child abduction cases and is called to help an FBI agent with a new series of abductions. Emma is also a cursed fallen Siren, trying to hide her power from the FBI agent who is secretly a werewolf. I liked the idea of two supernaturals with secrets tryi ng to solve the crime together but it just didn't fully deliver on its promise.

First problem for me was the details given on things you don't give a damn about. Every single meal that they ate during the investigation was des
Sophia
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
I'm always on the prowl for a new to me Urban Fantasy series to love and I think I spotted one with the Fallen Siren series after reading Captured.

See, that's just it, the heroine is a siren. I was intrigued. And then she's a cracker jack FBI agent specializing in 'missing persons'. So a suspense plot. And her partner is a handsome, capable werewolf pretending to be human. They can't act on the sizzle of attraction between them because she's a cursed siren who can get people killed if its known
Ronda
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely amazing read!!! My first read of 2015 and already it sits on my favourite shelf!!!

First, from reviews I've seen, this book must of come out after book 1, whereas I've been lucky enough to read the prequel first and set the scene for the first book...

Agent Emma Monroe joins Agent Zack Armstrong on a case for the FBI. They are looking for a 3rd missing child, the first two blond 4 years olds were murdered and they are running out of time to find 4 year old number 3.

Zack is a
Melindeeloo
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I enjoyed this little prequel story, though I am embarrassed to admit that I've actually read the first book but initially couldn't remember anything about it - though the fact that FBI agent Emma, who a Siren seeking redemption by finding and returning missing persons, seemed familiar (I can't believe I completely forgot about her southern gentleman werewolf partner, Zack.)

The missing person to find is a four year old boy abducted from his home, the clock is ticking since it is believed that t
Lis
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review: FBI Agent Emma Monroe is called in to consult on a child abduction case in Charleston SC. Three blond hair blue eyed boys have been taken and the first two killed and the race is on to find the third before it's too late. She is assisting Agent Zack Armstrong, who is also a were. There is some attraction and light flirting, but it's all about solving this crime first. Really enjoyed this book which is a prequel to the Fallen Siren series. Emma is a Siren but that is really a small detai ...more
Darkand
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, e-mine
This was a wonderful little prequel, telling the story of Emma and Zack's first meeting and their first case together. It took a couple of chapters to get into the rhythm of this POV again but once I did, it made sense. I enjoyed this little peek into their past and was glad to see that their chemistry was just as delicious as I remembered. It has certainly whetted my appetite for the next book in this series ~ coming soon to a nightstand near me!

FTC Advisory - I received a copy of this book fr
Libbie
May 31, 2014 added it
Shelves: 2014

Read the rest @ All Things Urban Fantasy
Wendy Darling
While it's clear research went into this, some of the investigations stuff felt a little uneven/unconvincing, and there really wasn't much of the paranormal stuff, which was a bit disappointing. Still, this is a prequel, so I'm open to reading the first book, especially since Sandy Williams raved about it so much.
Erzabet Bishop
I very much enjoyed this story of a fallen siren and her quest for redemption. Every case leads her closer to finding her salvation and a little bit of sexy doesn't hurt either! Great read and so pleased to know this is Jeanne Stein in a new series.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars

I enjoyed learning about Emma and Zack's first case together, though the mystery wasn't too difficult to figure out. Captured will hold me over until the next book in series is released in October.
Claudia
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved it ... even though this was a novella it was amazing, characters as well as storyline

detailed review to come
Sunny
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Helpful prequel. It fills in some of the gaps I found in book one, but still I'm still waiting to learn more about Zack.
momokaachan
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
Not bad - I haven't read Cursed yet. I thought Emma was a little overboard with the paranoia about hooking up with Zack - but the kidnapping etc. moved right along.
Shymsal
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This was an alright introduction; not sure if the series will improve from here, but willing to find out!
T.
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this free novella I picked up on Amazon. Great characters and a well-paced story progression.
Angela
Jul 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: urban-fantasy, kindle
23 December 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle

29 July 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
☀Rachael☀
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good to see how it all started!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Devil: Episode 5 (Sacrifice Me #5)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Bladed Magic (Colbana Files, #0.6)
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5)
  • Steal the Sun (Thieves, #4)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • Descent (A Lost Tribe #1)
  • Of Shadows and Ash (Maggie's Grove, #3)
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Motor City Witch (Urban Arcana, #2)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Broom with a View
S.J. Harper is the pen name for the writing team of Samantha Sommersby and Jeanne C. Stein, two friends who met at Comic-Con in San Diego and quickly bonded over a mutual love of good wine, edgy urban fantasy, and everything Joss Whedon.

Samantha Sommersby left what she used to call her “real life” day job in the psychiatric field to pursue writing full-time in 2007. She is the author of more than

Fallen Siren (3 books)
  • Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1)
  • Reckoning (Fallen Siren, #2)
  • Unknown (Fallen Siren #3)