Start by marking “Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)

Dreams Made Flesh

(The Black Jewels #5)

Return to the realm of the Blood in Dreams Made Flesh—featuring four revelatory all-new adventures of Jaenelle and her kindred….

Jaenelle is the most powerful Witch ever known, centuries of hopes and dreams made flesh at last. She has forged ties with three of the realm’s mightiest Blood warriors: Saetan, the High Lord of Hell, who trains Jaenelle in magic and adopts her as
Mass Market Paperback, 439 pages
Published February 7th 2006 by Roc (first published January 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dreams Made Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams Made Flesh

Start your review of Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)
Robin (Bridge Four)
Overall Rating 4 Stars ★ ☆✰⭐

Dreams Made Flesh is a compilation of stories told in the world of the Black Jewels. It is four stories of various lengths and I can’t say that I usually enjoy that since you don’t get the same depth in a short story but since we have a lot of world building and knowledge of this world it works.

★ ☆✰ Weaver of Dreams is a pretty short story of how the Black Widows and Weavers were gifted their magic from one of Draka’s daughters. It is a cute story shown from the persp
Melissa
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
From the moment I began reading the first book in Anne Bishop's Black Jewel Series I was captivated, moved, and entralled with the story and the characters. Having fallen in love with the dark jewel trilogy I was expecting a lot from this book. AND I got it... The book consists of 4 stories. Usually I am not a big fan of short stories, but "The Prince of Ebon Rih" and "Kaeleer's Heart" are long enough, and detailed enough to be really satisfying. I really liked the way the story of Lucivar and M ...more
Sheyla ✎
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it

There are four short stories in Dreams Made Flesh.

The first story, Weaver of Dreams features the Spider spinning her web and how and who gifted them with magic.

In the second one, The Prince of Ebon Rih, Lucivar is the main character, In this story, we learned how he met and fell in love with Marian, his wife.

The third one, Zuulaman is all about Saetan. Is narrated in the past. Saetan is still married to Hekatah and he has a son with her and another one on the way. In this one, you learn of t
Dreams Made Flesh is a collection of short stories and novellas set in the world of Anne Bishop's Black Jewel series, the stories add in some extra backstory and also work as an extended epilogue to the original trilogy so I wouldn't recommend reading this book until after Queen of the Darkness. If you enjoyed the first three books then I'm sure you'll love this collection though, it gives so much more insight into some of the character's backstories and I loved getting a chance to spend more ti ...more
Dianne
In my opinion, this book and most importantly the second story in it -"The Prince of Ebon Rih" needs to be read before you read Queen of the Darkness .

The second story is my favorite and is about Lucivar finding the love of his life and coming out of his bleak shell.

The reason I find it so important to be read before Queen of the Darkness is that knowing Lucivars story will make the horror in QotD all that more realistic to the reader -and much more horrible for the horror fans!
Anna lost in stories *A*
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4,5 stars solely for the novella “Prince of Ebon Askavi” because that’s the only one I reread this time… it tells the story of how Lucivar met and fell in love with Marian… once I reread it again at some point, more slowly this time, cause I devoured it way too quickly after having a long break from the last time I did it, I will write a more comprehensive review, but for now, that’s all I have for you :)

XOXO

A
Sevie
Nov 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book contains 4 short stories set in the world of Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy and should only be read by those who have read at least the first 3 books. You don't need to read the 4th book as it has nothing to do with the events in this book. **Warning** If you haven't read the first 3 books there could be possible SPOILERS in this review.

The first story in Dreams Made Flesh is called "Weaver of Dreams" and my interpretaion is its about how the dream weaver spiders came to be. Out o
Liz
I have reread this book so many times that spine is more a series of creases than anything else.

Popsugar 2016 Reading Challenge | Task 40: A book guaranteed to bring you joy

Prior to 2016:I loved the story about Marian and Lucivar, it was such a hole in plot during Queen of the Darkness.
aarya
THE PRINCE OF EBON RIH:

Second read on Feb 12, 2018: 5 stars. I reread something I just read because apparently 1) I don’t have other books to read (lol) and 2) I couldn’t stop thinking about what a perfect novella this was. Bumping up to 5 stars.

First read on Feb 11, 2019: 4.5 stars. I love this so much. I know the Black Jewels world is problematic but I could read a hundred novellas like this. Lucivar and Marian make my heart melt (the cold feet! The fussing certificate!).
Sana Zameer
3.5 Stars

I've enjoyed the dark and intriguing world of The Black Jewels. Dreams Made Flesh consists of four stories that gives more insight and depth to the world building and it's characters.

Weaver of Dreams : This was too short to form any opinion but it was intriguing how much power and dreams were woven into the web for The Witch.

The Prince of Ebon Rih: In Queen of Darkness Lucivar was already married to Marian. This story gives the background of how it happened. It's the best in this colle
Debrac2014
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good collection of stories! Ties up some loose strings! I just love these characters!
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book 5 Dreams Made Flesh
Love anything Ann bishop. It's an awesome book but more a collection of short story’s. Even if I think I read them in wrong order it was still mind blowing.
1st Story Weaver of Dreams
This is the beginning of how the Blood were made. The only female dragon left in world with power decides to fly over the world and gift people with the power to protect the earth and people less powerful then them.
The main focus is how the Dragon gifted the Weaver of Dreams The spiders power
Carien
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The short stories in this book are best read only if you read the original Black Jewels Trilogy as they fill in some of the blanks. I must say these stories are a lot less gritty and dark than the trilogy (except for one), but I found three of them a joy to read and was happy to find out more about some of the things that were only hinted at in the trilogy. Bishop's writing is excellent and rich as always.

Here's an overview of the stories:

Weaver of Dreams
This story is about the creation of the J
✿~Danielle~✿
Read 10th June 2014
I loved this books of four stories ~~ ★★★★★

Weaver of Dreams (2%)
This story is about the creation of Dreams

The Prince of Ebon Rih (4%)
Lucivar and Marian
I love seeing Lucivar and Marian fall in love. Was so great so see more of Luciver

Zuulaman (52%)
Saetan
Zuulaman was mentioned briefly queen of the darkness. This short story tell what happened. I thought I already hated Hekatah, but this story cements that. I love Saetan.

Kaeleer's Heart (61%)
Jaenelle and Daemon
This story is set
Tatiana Vila
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
And I thought "Queen of The Darkness" was a terrific ending...this book attach all the loose strings on the past books, and in what way!!!
We got to know more about Lucivar and Marian (a delightful and exciting story) and of course, what happened with Daemon and Jaenelle. I mean--sigh--their story is one of the most romantic and heartmelting stories I've ever seen. If you go and look "unconditional love" in a dictionary, their names would be placed next--in capital letters. Just breathtaking...
Gardavson
Holy crap, I love this woman! (author) I love her people, i love her world, I love her story. I want to be a part of it. The characters are worth their weight in gold. I never want this to end, never! This book was actually four short stories. Loved every one of them. I'm not a lover of novellas, but I loved these.is there a limit on how many times I can say love?
Allison Sesame
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-or-ya
Always fun to play again in the world of the Blood.
Kristen (belles_bookshelves)
"You are my breath, my life, my heart."

description

The is a quartet of stories from the world of the Black Jewels.

1. "Weaver of Dreams" - this was adorable, though I don't know if it was meant to be. It's how the Weavers gained their gift of weaving tangled webs, and you learn who they got that gift from.

2. The Prince of Ebon Rih - the story of how Lucivar and Marian came together. Good overall, but I would have loved to see more lovesick!Lucivar, to be honest. He's adorable.

3. Zuuluman - a glimpse into Sae
Kathy Martin
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This anthology contains four stories set in the Black Jewels universe.

Weaver of Dreams tells how spiders learned from a dying dragon how to weave webs that can hold or create lives.

The Prince of Ebon Rih takes place after the events of Heir to the Shadows and tells the story of Lucivar's courtship of Marian.

Zuulaman tells a story from Saetan's past when he was married to Hekatah and the Warlord Prince of Dhemlan. A country called Zuulaman tries to get the best of his country, aided by the 100 fa
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not a big fan of short stories. This book is different, though, because I already had a connection with the characters and the world because I'd already read the prior books.

My most favorite part was that I finally got to see how Lucivar got married. It was such a shock to find him suddenly married in the third book in the series. Frankly, I felt a bit ripped off.

Because of my dislike of short stories, I never bothered to read this book before. I'm glad that social distancing meant I got a
Kristin Marie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Five stars overall; however, will rank the stories too!

Mother night! These short stories were fantastic. Anne Bishop does a great job expanding the black jeweled world.

Full review @ https://shethinks23.blogspot.com/2020...
Tatum Combs
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy she wrote this book!!! This is one of my favorites she had written!!
Lise
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The more I read this series the more I want to read another one This one clears a few mysteries
Kerry
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
REREAD #1: "Kaeleer's Heart" 15 September 2018 - 16 September 2018 (10/10)

A little while back, a friend and I were watching the 1982 film adaption of The Scarlet Pimpernel and at one point I was shouting at the screen in frustration "Just talk to each other!" The big misunderstanding that could be solved with a bit of conversation is a major trope in romances and I'm too old for it these days. I just want to lock the couple in question in a room and not let them out until they talk. That made me
Darkphoenix
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the first three books and I loved the characters and I liked the way that arc ended. The trouble with Dreams Made Flesh is that ideally it should have focused on secondary characters, like the other queens instead of sticking with Jaenelle and Daemon. Allow me to explain.

I liked the first story about the creation of the Web of Dreams, it was interesting, like an origin story. Then there was the second story about the courtship of Lucivar and Marian and even that was enjoyable. But in tha
Jage
I have never read a book in The Black Jewels series. I've tried and everytime I open that first book I get irritated. The style doesn't work for me, the characters seem ugh, and yet. I adore this book.

I really do. It makes no sense but there you have it. My least favourite is the opening story. I get that that might be because I haven't read the series but it was a bit confusing and while I appreciate the way she wrote it from a different POV, and we were as confused as the spider at first, it
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
I honestly don't know how many times I re-read Dreams Made Flesh a collection of stories from the Black Jewels trilogy, but each and every time I find something new that I love about Anne Bishop's strangely dark and compelling world. Truthfully though, I just fall head over heels in love with those delicious SaDiablo/Yaslana males all over again. I know, I know, but every time Daemon Sadi croons about "dancing with The Sadist", I just want to. I love Bishop's take on alpha males. The SaDiablo/Ya ...more
Kerry (The Roaming Librarian) O'Donnell
Every time I read these short stories, I feel like I'm getting together with good friends. Sounds kinda weird probably, but I've read the stories set in the Black Jewels Realms more times than I can remember. Yet each time, new parts, places, and dialogue will stand out in a way it didn't before. This time around I found myself really enjoying the language Bishop uses, and the brilliant way that she crafts sentences.

As far as the stories themselves, I think they definitely mean more if you're a
Christina
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loooooved this book. Dreams Made Flesh is an anthology of short stories surrounding the Black Jewels Trilogy, focusing on the aftermath and the past, as well as giving a greater insight into the lesser characters.

I must admit, I was most determined to read this book for Kaeleer's Heart, the story of Jaenelle and Daemon. I found their love to be absolutely beautiful in the trilogy and I wanted moremoremore of it. As much as possible.

However, I finished this book with so much more t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Change description 2 25 Apr 24, 2016 12:32PM

• Powers of Detection: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • A Killing Frost (October Daye, #14)
  • Rafael (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #28)
  • The Alton Gift (Darkover, #27)
  • Kushiel's Justice (Imriel's Trilogy, #2)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #27)
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
  • Violet (For The Love of Purple Book 3)
  • Kushiel's Mercy (Imriel's Trilogy, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • The Devil's Right Hand (Dante Valentine, #3)
  • Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine, #4)
  • Entrance Wounds (Warlock's Guide to Medicine #1)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of over twenty novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. She has written a new series, the Others, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.

Crawford Award (2000)

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this na

The Black Jewels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1)
  • Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)
  • Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3)
  • The Invisible Ring (The Black Jewels, #4)
  • Tangled Webs (The Black Jewels, #6)
  • The Shadow Queen (The Black Jewels, #7)
  • Shalador's Lady (The Black Jewels, #8)
  • Twilight's Dawn (The Black Jewels, #9)
  • The Queen's Bargain (The Black Jewels #10)
  • The Queen's Weapons (The Black Jewels #11)