Start by marking “Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)” as Want to Read:
Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)

Say Yes to the Marquess

(Castles Ever After #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  10,926 ratings  ·  1,408 reviews

After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough. She's inherited a castle, scraped together some pride, and made plans to break her engagement.

Not if Rafe Brandon can help it. A rut
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published December 30th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Say Yes to the Marquess, please sign up.
Tayla I hope so
A book on phoebe will be so good
Shasha If you have an actual copy of the book, then you could just ignore the internet connection, and find a comfortable place to read your favorite book.…moreIf you have an actual copy of the book, then you could just ignore the internet connection, and find a comfortable place to read your favorite book. If you don't have an actual copy, I suggest to download the book's pdf which is available on some sources you just have to search. In that way, you could save the pdf into your computer and open it with a reader. Since it's already inside your computer, you needn't an internet connection. Hope this answered your question! God bless! :)(less)

·  10,926 ratings  ·  1,408 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I know I gave this book 3 stars, but for me, it was a vast, vast disappointment. I absolutely loved the first book. I raved about it. I was dead set on falling in love with this one. Sadly, it was not to be. It was a good book, don't get me wrong, but it just...deflated along the way. 100 pages into the book, I was intent on giving this a 4 or a 5, and ready to proclaim Tessa Dare the new Julia Quinn. The book had numerous moments of wit, humor, but it developed into something that was forced.

Th
Jill
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it

As a historical romance writer, Tessa Dare writes brilliant contemporaries.

Tessa Dare is still one of my favourite authors. However, the doubts that I expressed in my review of the first book of this series, Romancing the Duke have only been amplified in this one. Though I've loved Ms Dare's previous titles - despite the anachronisms - this latest series (and book) takes it all just one step too far.

Historical accuracy has never been one of the hallmarks of Tessa Dare's romances. But
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 scrumptious say yes, Yes, YES! stars!

Tessa Dare's Castles Ever After series is just so much fun! She's given historical romance a refreshing twist while staying true to what we love most about the genre.

About the story...

Say Yes to the Marquess is the second book in the series, and tells the story of two of society's less...acceptable...peers - Clio Whitmore who has been given the nick name Miss Wait-More thanks to her eight year engagement to Piers Brandon who seems in no hurry to tie the kn
Anne
This wasn't the best, but it was still cute.
I'm not always sold on Tessa Dare's heroes, but I do seem to always like her heroines. They aren't the typical historical romance girl, and (to me) that's enjoyable. I guess I like that they're plucky and not quite proper?

description

Anyway, Clio is done waiting on her fiancee to return home and marry her. They've been engaged forever, and at this point, she's the butt of jokes because of him. She's recently inherited a castle (because, duh. That's what this serie
Tessa Dare
Jul 28, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
It's coming!! December 30, 2014

Pre-order available now. :)

April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, favourites
It's official. I'm trash for this series. I LOVED that this featured an independent young woman who challenged inequality between men and women and that masturbation was openly discussed and that this was mainly about the main character learning to love herself and become who she's meant to be and IT JUST GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS. THIS SERIES IS DA BEST.
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I LOVE Tessa Dare’s books! They are romantic, sexy, funny and full of wonderful characters that always capture my heart. I was totally captivated by SAY YES TO THE MARQUESS from start to finish.

LORD RAFE BRANDON

Rafe Brandon was a black sheep. A hotheaded rebel. The Devil’s Own. He was known throughout England for being quick, crude, strong, dangerous.

I love that, beneath that tough exterior, Rafe hides a tender, vulnerable heart. As a boy, he longed to be the sort of son his father could love,
Jilly
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
If you are going to read a series by this author, definitely go for the Spindle Cove series instead of this one. The first book was cute and funny enough, but this one just fell a bit flat. I never really fell in love with the characters. I think I liked the side characters better than either of the main couple.

First, there is the sister who has some form of autism. She was pretty brilliant.

When they are picking out an ice sculpture for the wedding and our main girl says "swans":

"Yes, but every
Robin (Bridge Four)
This was missing…..something I can’t quite put my finger on it but it needed a little dash of… OMG and I can’t believe I’m going to say this…. a love triangle.

*Ducks Head from flying fruit and shoes*

I NEVER really enjoy most love triangles but this book could have done with a little splash of one. Clio has been engaged to Piers for 8 years….8 years….8 years of him being away and them never getting married. It has become a big joke and a betting attraction in High Society as to IF there will eve
Sam (AMNReader)
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
RTC probably.

I'm a complete sucker for scenes in the rain.
Sophia Triad
Clio Whitmore has been engaged to Marquess Piers Brandon for several years, until she is fed up waiting when he will back from abroad.
Luckily she has inherited a beautiful castle. Now she can put a stop in this arranged engagement and live her life independently.

Unfortunately she needs the help of Piers’ brother, Rafe Brandon.
Rafe is a notorious rake and a famous fistfighter. He does not need any more complications in his life. Miss Clio needs to marry his brother so that he can be left alone
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Maybe I'm burned out with HR, but I've been trying to read this for a month, so I ended up just skimming the story. I do know it's not as good as Romancing the Duke IMO. I think maybe I'm just not into two brothers vying for the same girl. If you don't mind that storyline then you'll like this book:)
♥Rachel♥
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Dare is quickly becoming a favorite author! Another fabulous performance by Carmen Rose, as well!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Vastly, hugely disappointing.

I probably should have given less than 2 stars because I paid a lot of money for the ebook + audiobook and I could barely finish it. I'm utterly devastated because I loved the first in the series, but this was such a let down.

First of all, the plot really made no sense. The whole conflict with Rafe trying to convince Clio to marry his brother though NO ONE wanted that scenario was very weak. I usually think that Tessa Dare does a brilliant job with plotting, but thi
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this a lot more than Romancing the Duke. I really loved Clio - I liked her boldness and ambition. Also, Rafe was a vast improvement as far as love interests go (I really didn't like Ransom in RTD). Overall, this romance was cute. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something quick and fun.
K.
Trigger warnings: Fat shaming and forced dieting by a parent (in the past. The character mentions it as something that used to happen)

Okay, so here's the thing: these books are utterly ridiculous from start to finish. But they're also utterly enjoyable.

They all seem to feature a female protagonist who's suddenly independent after being left a castle by her godfather in his will. They all seem to feature a slightly douchey male protagonist with a heart of gold who just needs to be taken down a p
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I don't know what it is with this book, but it didn't work for me. I had to work to read this and ended up skimming when I got bored. Rafe spent the whole book trying to convince Clio (I dislike that name) to go through with marrying his absentee brother while being attracted to her the whole time. And she's spent 8 years engaged to this absentee man & still lacks a backbone, even after finally deciding to dissolve the engagement. She lets everyone trod over her, even Rafe.

Others have said
Sabina
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I usually love Tessa Dare books, and while I liked this one there was a bit too much saccharine for me. I think for once I would love a novel where the hero isn’t emotionally tortured over his love for the heroine, but just goes for it. I mean, clearly Piers was kind of a jerk for leaving Clio waiting for eight years without giving her any idea of what her fate would be. Yes he was off doing daring and dramatic things in the name of the crown, but he either should have filled her in, or let her ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this review on Got Fiction? book blog

4.5

This was a fun book. That's what I love about Tessa Dare books; you always know what you're getting. This book was witty, fun, sweet, and cute.

Lord Piers Brandon, the Marquess of Granville has been engaged to Clio Whitmore for years. Excuse after excuse has kept him abroad. He's a diplomat, and it just isn't the "right time" to marry Clio. Well, Clio is tired of waiting. In fact, she's been waiting for so long, many call her Miss Wait-more.

But no more
-y.a
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
Tessa Dare transforms a forbidden love affair into a lovely tale that is filled with engaging characters, witty dialogue, and emotional moments that just warm my heart. Rafe is the sweetest prizefighter ever! Clio is probably my favorite heroine in all the Dare’s books I have read so far.

Here are two things in her books I like to mention:

A lack of historical realism, but I really don’t care.
A sense of genuineness and humor, the kind I adore the most.

I am glad to finish 2014 with this charming
Viri
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Me esperaba más de este libro. En lo personal sentí que le faltó más "alma".
Tenía la historia, los protagonistas y la diversión.

Pero simplemente para mi, no funcionó completamente.

Fue entretenido pero por momentos demasiado aburrido para mi gusto.

Sí, que tuvo sus momentos... AJA.

Pero fueron así como la vida misma, EFÍMEROS.

Era como que la autora decía cosas que no me importaban y se la pasaba dándole vueltas al asunto.
Tuvo unos personajes realmente buenos, Clio es una mujer cansada de esperar
Ally
First of all, "beer fountain", and second of all, "is that a squirrel?"

Man after my own brewery loving heart. And spoiler not spoiler alert, my favorite beer, IPA!

simon pegg beer

NOTE: read for New Years 2017 Reading Challenge, Friends to Lovers category.

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency, in or around Kent

Series: Sho nuff

Sexy times: 2 on a scale of 5. Tame.

Plan on reading more by the author: Please, I do love me some Tessa Dare

Synopsis So basically, Clio, the heroine is promised to Piers who has disappeared to
Iliada
In fear of sounding like a broken record, I think Tessa Dare has crossed a line with her new series. Her books don't read like HRs any more. Instead, they feel like CRs where the characters are dressed in Victorian outfits, as my friend Riddhi said. I still liked this book better than the previous one, because the plot was more to my liking, but with so many favourite tropes of mine in one book I should have loved this one and I'm afraid it didn't happen.

TD has never written historicall
[Aengell]
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Mild Spoilers ahead...

No, no, NO.

I hate giving an author I love just barely three stars, but this just put me off in too many ways.

The plot was too simple and didn't appeal to me, not just because there was this nagging notion of the hero's brother until the very end, but also because the story itself felt too predictable.

The H/h, Clio and Rafe, had great chemistry and had some great scenes together, but overall their banter and "funniness" (I cringe everytime I think of the scene where they
Zain Otoom
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
This ... this was so bad. It was the same as the book before it. So bad. I didn't like it at all. The male lead is exactly the same as the one in Romancing the duke. The plots seemed really similar with a few differences. I skim read the last bit because I couldn't handle it. I dreaded reading it and even considered dnf-ing it. I didn't like any of the characters, at all.
Oh, how many times I rolled my eyes at the romance in this book, so cheesy and so unbelievable. There was no tension, no chem
Susana
Boring, boring and extra boring on top :/
Also, there was the cheesiness: Ye Gods, this book was a task to read.

Julie
Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare is a 2014 Avon Publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This is a wonderful, well rounded, entertaining historical romance from Tessa Dare.

Clio is tired of waiting for her fiance to return and go through with their arranged marriage. She has been fortunate enough to inherit a castle and wishes to have her freedom. This involved having papers signed that will officially break the engagem
Mei
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I've written a long review and it disappeared... :(

I don't have time to write it again, so I'll just summarize...

For me this was a 3 and 1/2 stars because of Clio and her indecision about being indipendednt or without backbone.

I hated her older sister Daphne and her idiot husband Teddy and the way they treated Clio. I didn't buy that they were oblivious of their cruelty!

I wanted to shake Rafe and tell him to search for a way to win Clio instead of trying to throw her in Piers' arms!

I adored the
chandler ainsley ♕
i could go my whole life without ever hearing or reading the word "tupping" again

but that being said, this was fun. it's my third tessa dare book this month and it didn't disappoint. there was a lot to love. a plus sized (maybe??? idk it wasn't explicit but def implied) heroine who wanted to run her own brewery. a damaged ring fighting hero. and a whole lot of cake and bull dogs.

i mean it's a historical romance so i'm not sure much needs to be detailed in terms of plot, but i liked how everythin
Alyssa

Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: December 30, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Your presence is requested at romantic Twill Castle for the wedding of Miss Clio Whitmore and . . . and . . . ?

After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of G
  • Talk Sweetly to Me (Brothers Sinister, #4.5)
  • Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane, #8)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Rules for the Reckless, #4)
  • When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)
  • Happily Bedded Bliss (The Rakes of Cavendish Square, #2)
  • Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • What a Wallflower Wants (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #3)
  • The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4)
  • The Legend of Lyon Redmond (Pennyroyal Green, #11)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Castles Ever After (4 books)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
“At some point, while you were roaming the globe, making treaties and dividing the spoils of war, I quietly declared my own independence. I am the sovereign nation of Clio now. And there will be no terms of surrender.” 14 likes
“If Rafe had drawn up a list of tasks at Phoebe’s age, he could only imagine it would have looked thusly: 1. Skip lessons. 2. Chase girls. 3. Any excuse for a fistfight. 4. Is that a squirrel? End of list.” 10 likes