Start by marking “Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)” as Want to Read:
Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)

Say Yes to the Marquess

(Castles Ever After #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  17,727 ratings  ·  2,063 reviews
Your presence is requested at romantic Twill Castle for the wedding of Miss Clio Whitmore and... and... ?

After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough. She's inherited a castle, scraped together some pride, and made plans to break her engagement.

Not if Rafe Brandon can help it. A rut
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published December 30th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Say Yes to the Marquess, please sign up.
Tayla I hope so
A book on phoebe will be so good…more
I hope so
A book on phoebe will be so good(less)
Shasha If you have an actual copy of the book, then you could just ignore the internet connection, and find a comfortable place to read your favorite book. I…moreIf you have an actual copy of the book, then you could just ignore the internet connection, and find a comfortable place to read your favorite book. If you don't have an actual copy, I suggest to download the book's pdf which is available on some sources you just have to search. In that way, you could save the pdf into your computer and open it with a reader. Since it's already inside your computer, you needn't an internet connection. Hope this answered your question! God bless! :)(less)

·  17,727 ratings  ·  2,063 reviews

Start your review of Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I know I gave this book 3 stars, but for me, it was a vast, vast disappointment. I absolutely loved the first book. I raved about it. I was dead set on falling in love with this one. Sadly, it was not to be. It was a good book, don't get me wrong, but it just...deflated along the way. 100 pages into the book, I was intent on giving this a 4 or a 5, and ready to proclaim Tessa Dare the new Julia Quinn. The book had numerous moments of wit, humor, but it developed into something that was forced.

Th
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 scrumptious say yes, Yes, YES! stars!

Tessa Dare's Castles Ever After series is just so much fun! She's given historical romance a refreshing twist while staying true to what we love most about the genre.

About the story...

Say Yes to the Marquess is the second book in the series, and tells the story of two of society's less...acceptable...peers - Clio Whitmore who has been given the nick name Miss Wait-More thanks to her eight year engagement to Piers Brandon who seems in no hurry to tie the kn
Jill
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it

As a historical romance writer, Tessa Dare writes brilliant contemporaries.

Tessa Dare is still one of my favourite authors. However, the doubts that I expressed in my review of the first book of this series, Romancing the Duke have only been amplified in this one. Though I've loved Ms Dare's previous titles - despite the anachronisms - this latest series (and book) takes it all just one step too far.

Historical accuracy has never been one of the hallmarks of Tessa Dare's romances. But
Anne
This wasn't the best, but it was still cute.
I'm not always sold on Tessa Dare's heroes, but I do seem to always like her heroines. They aren't the typical historical romance girl, and (to me) that's enjoyable. I guess I like that they're plucky and not quite proper?

description

Anyway, Clio is done waiting on her fiancee to return home and marry her. They've been engaged forever, and at this point, she's the butt of jokes because of him. She's recently inherited a castle (because, duh. That's what this serie
Ahmad Sharabiani
Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After #2), Tessa Dare

The story starts with our heroine engaged (for 8 long years) to the hero's brother. After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough.

Castles Ever After:
Romancing the Duke (February 2014)
Say Yes to the Marquess (January 2015)
When a Scot Ties the Knot (August
EmBibliophile
Feb 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
3 stars

Okay this series is so ridiculously cute.
Irena BookDustMagic
May 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was really good! Not as good as Romancing the Duke but I still enjoyed it so much.

Full review to come.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 2017
1.) Romancing the Duke ★★★★★
2.) Say Yes to the Marquess ★★★★★
3.) When A Scot Ties The Knot ★★★★.5

--------------------------------------------------

It's official. I'm trash for this series. I LOVED that this featured an independent young woman who challenged inequality between men and women and that masturbation was openly discussed and that this was mainly about the main character learning to love herself and become who she's meant to be and IT JUST GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS. THIS SERIES IS DA BEST.
Tessa Dare
Jul 28, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
It's coming!! December 30, 2014

Pre-order available now. :)

Saswati
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Every man has one woman who was his first proper fantasy. The first he thought about, day and night. The first he woke from dreams of, hard and aching.” He met her gaze. “You were that woman for me.”

Story : 4.25 'cake-sounds' stars 🌟

I can't even begin to describe how hot Rafe was. A historical romance with a hero who is a ring-boxing champion? Yes, please! *stars in my eyes*

Clio was a very strong heroine. She was brave, intelligent, sassy and not to mention, when she wants something, s
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I LOVE Tessa Dare’s books! They are romantic, sexy, funny and full of wonderful characters that always capture my heart. I was totally captivated by SAY YES TO THE MARQUESS from start to finish.

LORD RAFE BRANDON

Rafe Brandon was a black sheep. A hotheaded rebel. The Devil’s Own. He was known throughout England for being quick, crude, strong, dangerous.

I love that, beneath that tough exterior, Rafe hides a tender, vulnerable heart. As a boy, he longed to be the sort of son his father could lo
Jilly
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
If you are going to read a series by this author, definitely go for the Spindle Cove series instead of this one. The first book was cute and funny enough, but this one just fell a bit flat. I never really fell in love with the characters. I think I liked the side characters better than either of the main couple.

First, there is the sister who has some form of autism. She was pretty brilliant.

When they are picking out an ice sculpture for the wedding and our main girl says "swans":

"Yes, but eve
Robin (Bridge Four)
This was missing…..something I can’t quite put my finger on it but it needed a little dash of… OMG and I can’t believe I’m going to say this…. a love triangle.

*Ducks Head from flying fruit and shoes*

I NEVER really enjoy most love triangles but this book could have done with a little splash of one. Clio has been engaged to Piers for 8 years….8 years….8 years of him being away and them never getting married. It has become a big joke and a betting attraction in High Society as to IF there will eve
Sophia Triad
Clio Whitmore has been engaged to Marquess Piers Brandon for several years, until she is fed up waiting when he will back from abroad.
Luckily she has inherited a beautiful castle. Now she can put a stop in this arranged engagement and live her life independently.

Unfortunately she needs the help of Piers’ brother, Rafe Brandon.
Rafe is a notorious rake and a famous fistfighter. He does not need any more complications in his life. Miss Clio needs to marry his brother so that he can be left alone
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Vastly, hugely disappointing.

I probably should have given less than 2 stars because I paid a lot of money for the ebook + audiobook and I could barely finish it. I'm utterly devastated because I loved the first in the series, but this was such a let down.

First of all, the plot really made no sense. The whole conflict with Rafe trying to convince Clio to marry his brother though NO ONE wanted that scenario was very weak. I usually think that Tessa Dare does a brilliant job with plotting, but thi
Sam (AMNReader)
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
RTC probably.

I'm a complete sucker for scenes in the rain.
maura delaney
Unpopular opinion coming. I absolutely loved this more than any of her other books! I have now read four Tessa Dare books and this one is my absolute favorite. I can't believe I am adding a historical romance to my favorite shelf!

I think my love from this book mainly comes from the main character Clio. I related to her in ways that I have not in a very long time. She is a curvy heroine who has let people walk all over her for too long and she is sick of it. She grows and learns so much about he
Julie
Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare is a 2014 Avon Publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This is a wonderful, well rounded, entertaining historical romance from Tessa Dare.

Clio is tired of waiting for her fiance to return and go through with their arranged marriage. She has been fortunate enough to inherit a castle and wishes to have her freedom. This involved having papers signed that will officially break the engagem
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this a lot more than Romancing the Duke. I really loved Clio - I liked her boldness and ambition. Also, Rafe was a vast improvement as far as love interests go (I really didn't like Ransom in RTD). Overall, this romance was cute. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something quick and fun. ...more
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an enjoyable HR read! I really like Tessa Dare's ability to give us likable characters and some great witty banter. This is what I like and look for when reading a HR. I just wish the ending gave me more! I can't justify (to myself at least) a higher rating because I was left wanting in the end. I know that this couple makes a cameo in the brother's book, Do You Want to Start a Scandal, but I don't think it was that much -- and definitely not enough to satisfy
♥Rachel♥
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Dare is quickly becoming a favorite author! Another fabulous performance by Carmen Rose, as well!
Al George
First of all, "beer fountain", and second of all, "is that a squirrel?"

Man after my own brewery loving heart. And spoiler not spoiler alert, my favorite beer, IPA!

simon pegg beer

NOTE: read for New Years 2017 Reading Challenge, Friends to Lovers category.

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency, in or around Kent

Series: Sho nuff

Sexy times: 2 on a scale of 5. Tame.

Plan on reading more by the author: Please, I do love me some Tessa Dare

Synopsis So basically, Clio, the heroine is promised to Piers who has disappeared t
K.
Trigger warnings: Fat shaming and forced dieting by a parent (in the past. The character mentions it as something that used to happen)

26/1/2020
What the hell was I supposed to read while dealing with a suspected case of FREAKING MUMPS LIKE IT'S 1935 UP IN HERE. I stand by everything I said last time. This was delightful and ridiculous and a hell of a lot of fun.

30/7/2017
Okay, so here's the thing: these books are utterly ridiculous from start to finish. But they're also utterly enjoyable.

They al
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Maybe I'm burned out with HR, but I've been trying to read this for a month, so I ended up just skimming the story. I do know it's not as good as Romancing the Duke IMO. I think maybe I'm just not into two brothers vying for the same girl. If you don't mind that storyline then you'll like this book:) ...more
chan ☆
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
i could go my whole life without ever hearing or reading the word "tupping" again

but that being said, this was fun. it's my third tessa dare book this month and it didn't disappoint. there was a lot to love. a plus sized (maybe??? idk it wasn't explicit but def implied) heroine who wanted to run her own brewery. a damaged ring fighting hero. and a whole lot of cake and bull dogs.

i mean it's a historical romance so i'm not sure much needs to be detailed in terms of plot, but i liked how everythin
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this review on Got Fiction? book blog

4.5

This was a fun book. That's what I love about Tessa Dare books; you always know what you're getting. This book was witty, fun, sweet, and cute.

Lord Piers Brandon, the Marquess of Granville has been engaged to Clio Whitmore for years. Excuse after excuse has kept him abroad. He's a diplomat, and it just isn't the "right time" to marry Clio. Well, Clio is tired of waiting. In fact, she's been waiting for so long, many call her Miss Wait-more.

But no more
Azet
"Say Yes to the Marquess" is the second book in the "Castles Ever After"-series that have completely captured my romantic heart.Tessa Dare always makes me laugh and swoon and tempts me into this blissful journey of wedding battle,cake fights,castles and two individuals who finds themselves falling passionately in love with each other against all odds.Ah my pounding heart,i loved this romance!!!

Clio Whitmore is a blonde beauty of a heroine who has just inherited a castle called Twill Castle (did
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I don't know what it is with this book, but it didn't work for me. I had to work to read this and ended up skimming when I got bored. Rafe spent the whole book trying to convince Clio (I dislike that name) to go through with marrying his absentee brother while being attracted to her the whole time. And she's spent 8 years engaged to this absentee man & still lacks a backbone, even after finally deciding to dissolve the engagement. She lets everyone trod over her, even Rafe.

Others have said this
Sammy Loves Books
Totally enjoying this series!

Rafe's loved Clio all his life...but their parents arranged an engagement between Clio and his older brother eight years ago.

Clio's been engaged for eight years and the ton's tongues have been wagging. She's sick of feeling spurned by her fiancé and has decided to take her inheritance and become an independent woman. She's also obsessed with her fiancé's brother.

I totally enjoyed this book. Rafe is determined to convince Clio not to end the engagement. He has no de
Sabina
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I usually love Tessa Dare books, and while I liked this one there was a bit too much saccharine for me. I think for once I would love a novel where the hero isn’t emotionally tortured over his love for the heroine, but just goes for it. I mean, clearly Piers was kind of a jerk for leaving Clio waiting for eight years without giving her any idea of what her fate would be. Yes he was off doing daring and dramatic things in the name of the crown, but he either should have filled her in, or let her ...more

• One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
See top shelves…
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Castles Ever After (4 books)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)