Start by marking “Three (Article 5, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three (Article 5, #3)

Three

(Article 5 #3)

Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follo
Published February 11th 2014 by Tor Teen

Start your review of Three (Article 5, #3)
Jaime Arkin
Dear Kristen Simmons:
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-4191-1370380495-12_zps742bc965.gif

I’m not even sure where I’m supposed to start or what I’m supposed to say about this final book in the Article 5 series. It’s bittersweet for sure, because I’ve loved this series and its characters from the second I picked up the first book. Chase and Ember have pulled me into their lives, and I’m sad to see the end… but as you might
Ferdy
Spoilers

Unremarkable… The plot was predictable, the characters were generic, and everything else was mostly uninteresting. I guess the writing and world building were decent enough but those didn't make up for the utterly boring story and characters.

-What's what: Ember, Chase, and their group go on the run from the Moral Militia/evul government regime. Naturally, the bland teenagers decide to find other rebels and take down the government fuckers.

-Ember and Chase were the typical b
Natalia
Aug 15, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads
. . 2014? d- don't do this to me

description
k
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-4.5 Stars! Possible review to come after a re-read so that I have time to gather my thoughts....

Emotionally it was a fantastic book. I cried my eyes out for a good portion of the book. I loved the plot twists and how well rounded the characters were..I only wish that we would have gotten a little bit more answers from the book...

Read with you own caution for there will be major spoilers below.

(view spoiler) ...more
Lana
Apr 07, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
AHH!! I cannot wait for this! I love Chase and Sean!! GET BACK IN MY LIFE BOYS!
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

I am shaking right now while writing this review! My emotions are on overdrive, and I have to do something with my hands before I hyperventilate!

This book was emotionally-packed! With this being the last book in the ARTICLE 5 series, Kristen Simmons did not hold back one bit, no she went all out! Throughout most of this book, mainly the last half or so, I was on edge, I was in horror at some of the gruesome things that were happening, but I was also in awe at some of the indescribable events that were
Shelley
*Genre* Dystopian Romance
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

"When a government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government."

I absolutely must admit that I held out longer than I expected in reading this book even though some of my favorite reviewers have raved about Three. Even though Tor Teen kindly allowed me access to this title back in December, I have had a few roadblocks in finally picking up this story a
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Another grand finale I've been waiting for and sadly once again I wish I could say it blew me away but it seems to me I expected too much. Ember and Chase's story is something I've been enjoying since Article 5 and I really loved all the twists and happenings in the first two books. Sadly this one wasn't as thrilling but still Kristen Simmons gave us satisfying ending.

On of the things I like about this series is that each book continues whe
Lucas Deal
3.5 hearts

Everything was wrapped up in a nice little package. I shouldn't be upset with the ending, I'm not really but there are some unanswered questions. Also, things got a little too predictable. Not all of it, but a good majority. This doesn't help things.

The pacing in this book is slower. The action does pick up but its deep. The more I read YA series like these I'm reminded how authors could really consolidate a good portion of these books.

The cast in this series is certain
Juhina
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The last 100 pages were SO GOOD! The reason why I have this 5 stars.

I'm going to miss Ember and Chase so much <3

---

I am eternally grateful towards Kristen Simmons for writing such a fantastic last book in a dystopian trilogy. I've had my share of bad endings to dystopian trilogies and I was a bit scared for Article 5. I've read Article 5 two years ago when it first came out and I've been a fan since then. I loved the uniqueness of the world Simmons created
Morris
After reading “Three”, the finale to the wonderful “Article 5″ series, I feel as though I have found a true unicorn. It is easily one of the strongest and most satisfying endings to a series I have ever read. It is all wrapped up nicely, nothing comes out of nowhere, the characters remain true to what has been established about them and their reactions throughout the series right until the very last sentence, and there is no excruciatingly long epilogue that feels as though it is trying to cram ...more
Shayne McGrath
I CAN'T WAIT! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! IM WAITING FOR TOO MANY BOOKS RIGHT NOW AND I SWEAR I WILL GO MORE INSANE THEN I ALREADY AM IF I HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG!
Holly
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great YA dystopian series! I seriously loved the world that Kristen Simmons created. This is a dystopian world that somehow feels more "real" and I think that is why this series resonated with me. Goodreads is not the place for politics, but I can draw some parallels between this fictional world and what is going on in the current world. I think that is why I liked this book as much as I did. I also loved how the author handled things like war and deception. One of my biggest pet peeves in real ...more
BookHookup
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
The original review of this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

**SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Initial Thoughts and Rating: 5 stars! Packed with action, long-awaited revelations, and sweet, swoony moments, Three was everything I could have hoped for in/>
Erin Arkin
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You guys. If you have not read this series yet you are missing out! I decided to re-read via audio and I don't regret a thing...it is as good as the book in my hands. If you are looking for a dystopian with strong characters, a great storyline and a swoony boy (I'm looking at you Chase Jennings) definitely check this out. The narrator does a great job!
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
4.5 stars...Listened to audio of entire series; Loved all three books but did think there was too much self-reflection by both Ember and Chase throughout the entire series.
nick
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2014-favorites

This year seems to be the year all of my favorite YA series are ending. There's always that feeling of sadness that overcomes me when I have to say goodbye to characters that I've grown attached to over the years. Ah the problems that we book nerds face! While I was full of grief while finishing Three, I was also completely satisfied because Kristen Simmons gave me a series that will remain engraved in my mind probably for the rest of my life.

I'm never really sure what to write in my
Jenni Arndt
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-ebook
I used to say that there was nothing worse than reviewing sequels, but I officially take that statement back because reviewing the third book in a series is definitely worse. There are people who can manage without spoiling anything and I just don’t get how they do it. So be prepared, there will probably be spoilers up ahead. Note: Scratch that, I actually managed to make this spoiler free!!!

What can I say about Three that I haven’t already said about Breaking Point and Article 5 hmm… Well, I can say that
Boyanna
I’m pissed off at this series sense book one. Why, oh, why did I read all 3 of them? Don't ask me, I don’t know!

The plot and its twist were way to naïve for the audience it was intended and the subject it covered. And before you go on and attack me saying I’m too old for this book, I’ll tell you – I’ve read plenty of books in this genre that had insightful and original plots and not at all stupid.

This whole series would've made much more sense if it was placed in the universe inhabited and ruled by preteens.
*Example: They escaped fpreteens.
*Example:
david y biblioflick
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya

Another series ended... and it is not that well.

So Three is the third novel/conclusion to the Article 5 series (the second is Bre4king Breaking Point the only book in the series without any number involved.

Anyway, Three is the head of the ones that is against the MM or for short the head of the rebel groups. On the three books the plot are quite similar: finding a safehouse, someone is caught and they will break him or her out of the prison/camp/"circus"/whatever-the-place-is-called. And also on this there are many people who is "d
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

As you probably know by now, I’ve dedicated myself to reading one series a month for the foreseeable future, and for January I chose Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. It’s a series that’s been on my radar for a while now, despite how mixed reviews are for the first book. I haven’t read many dystopian books that don’t include some sort of fantasy or futuristic element, so I was definitely curious about this more contemporary-style dystopia and what type of world Kristen Simmons created.
Heather Duff
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well last night I finally finished this trilogy of books and after liking but not totally loving the last one, I can happily say that I did love how this wrapped up.

I don’t like to reveal too much of the plot as you are going to read the book!, but I can say there are lots of deaths, people who aren't who they seem to be, faces from the past and most importantly Ember and Chase’s love story continues alongside nicely.

I am a huge fan of dystopian fiction and this series ha
Abigail
I read the first two in the series and was eagerly anticipating the release of this novel, however, I was sadly dissapointed.
Unlike the other two books, I didn't feel like I was with them, I just felt like I was watching them like a detached unemotional extra limb.
Ember and Chase don't want to be slit up, which was basically the whole story.
Ooh, Chase was taken? Jesse didn't save him? Ember. Must. Save. Chase.

Fawkes Phoenix
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh. Tween cheese. She couldn’t even get the wounds right. First it was on the right. Then later. The left. Which side boo???

Cheese. Cheese. Cheese. Good thing our “heroine” always had a dude to rescue her from every situation ever. Jesse. Tucker. Chase. She didn’t do a damn thing on her own. Always some dude saving her naive butt.

I still don’t exactly get the ending. Why certain people shot others and what not. I dunno maybe I got lost in the melee. I’ve read worse series. But I’ve def read b
Paul
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
In my reviews of the previous books I've already said a lot of what I'm about to say, but I don't think it's fair to give a low-ish rating without some explanation.

For starters, and I don't think I let this cloud my rating, this book is true to it's classification. It is young adult to the core and it gives you everything you would expect, and nothing more. The plot of this series is real, it's a situation that we can easily envision and that makes it scary, it's what pulled me in. T
☕️Kimberly
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three begins shortly after Breaking Point ends. Ember and Chase have journeyed to the Safe House only to discover it gone. They are tired, emotionally devastated, and some of their members are injured. Exhausted, they move forward looking for survivors. Simmons does an excellent job of recapping the previous tale, and I quickly slipped into the world as they stumble upon the notorious “Three” settlement. The Bureau of Reformation has stepped up their game, and the group Three may give Ember a ch ...more
Adeeb
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://bookville1.blogspot.com/2014/0...

Thank you very much Tor Teen for sending me a review copy for this book.

As you all know, I really enjoyed reading Article 5 and Breaking Point. It is a really good dystopian series, full of action and thrill.

I felt the same way about Three. It started off really well. I was quickly drawn back into the world. I was really intrigued finding out how their adventure would end.

Now, let's talk about each thing I liked:

1-Characters: De
Rebecca (Unbound Pages)
This review is also on my blog, The Library Canary.

I’ve been procrastinating on reading the final book in this series for a long time, because that would mean it was really over. But all good things must come to an end eventually right? I am so sad that this series is over, but I’m so happy with the way Kristen Simmons ended it.

Three is intense. In the best way possible. We’ve been waiting so long to finally meet the rebel organization, Three, (hence the title, no it’s not just bec
Kathryn
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc, ya, dystopian, mystery
OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a book!!! WHAT A SERIES!!!!
After reading Article 5 and then jumping in to Breaking Point, I knew this series was phenomenal...
I was dying for Three and having to wait a year was excruciating...I would watch for every kind of announcement possible...And when the tour sign ups happened?? HECK YEAH!! I jumped so fast...
And now...now Three is in my hands and I have read the last page...
I am soooo torn...While this is one of my absolute favorite series..
Ashleyjo
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristin Simmons' writing style in the Article 5 series reminds me a lot of The Fifth Wave in that the story always has something going on either physically or reflectively in thought.

I loved the world building in Article 5, which was eerily reminiscent of what Nazi Europe must've looked like. I also loved that, unlike a lot of other books where the complete world is told upfront and then a character(s) story unfolds within the world, the Article 5 series continues to build the world throughout
What did you think about the last book? 5 36 Dec 29, 2016 09:34AM
Article 5 book 3 4 74 Mar 04, 2014 06:22AM

• Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Still Point (Awaken, #3)
  • Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1)
  • Awaken (Awaken, #1)
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • Sunrise (Ashfall, #3)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
Kristen Simmons is the author of the ARTICLE 5 series, THE GLASS ARROW, METALTOWN, PACIFICA, and the upcoming DECEIVERS. She loves her family, Jazzercise, and chocolate cupcakes. She currently lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.

For more updates on Kristen and her writing, follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @kris10writes.

Article 5 (3 books)
  • Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
“He smiled - that small, secret smile he saved just for me.” 11 likes
“Things weren't black and white, but that didn't mean you couldn't pick a side.” 8 likes