Start by marking “Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)

Read Excerpt

Anomaly

(Anomaly #1)

Thalli has fifteen minutes and twenty-three seconds left to live. The toxic gas that will complete her annihilation is invading her bloodstream. But she is not afraid.

Published July 9th 2013 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Recommended for: religious readers who like their Bible with a side of plotless dystopia. If you are one of the aforementioned, then just skip reading this review, it'll save you some time and you won't have to waste any more effort in leaving me a rage-filled and profanity-laced comment.

Like a moth to a flame, I am drawn to the word "dystopia."

Like a moth to a flame, I almost always get burned.

Did I say dystopia? I meant Joel Osteen. At least it wasn't Glenn Beck, but still, that's not saying m
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
5 stars (again). Hi, I'm Lindsey and this series emotionally destroys me.

{{Official Content Review to Come.}}
C.B. Cook
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
...

Wow.

So... I don't read much dystopian, simply because all of the dystopian books I want to read, I don't have. BUT this went on sale a while back and I actually had money on Amazon *cue gasps* so I got it. And boy am I glad I did!!!

The Good

This world is small... in this book, at least. It was delicately, extraordinarily developed, and I absolutely loved it. Or hated it. Not sure. But Krista McGee did an AMAZING job with this world, and the characters. The characters were just awesome. I didn'
Alyssa
5 Stars!
Goodreads Synopsis:

Kate Willis
The Christian bookstore can be a very tempting place, at least for me anyway. Especially when it’s Black Friday and there are clearance sales. O.o. They almost got me to buy the second book in this series, but after evaluating my huge stack of lovely prospective purchases, I left it behind.

A week later I found the entire series gently used for less than that one clearanced book. :D (Thanks, Lord!)

I literally gobbled this book up the moment it came. I read it in more than a day only because I ha
Shantelle
4.5 stars! I really, really liked Anomaly by Krista McGee, and am super excited to finish the ANOMALY series! This is a Christian dystopian/science-fiction tale (which I love!) It's intriguing, raw, unique, and thought-provoking. There's also a heartfelt, beautiful journey to finding truth.

The dystopian world, the characters, the plot ... all so well done. I definitely had the feels while reading Anomaly. It drew out my emotions and made me think about what the world would be like without emotio
Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}
Before I start the review, I want to make it clear that my review will be biased and I will not attempt hide this in any shape or form. I am not the intended audience for this novel (deeply, devout Christian teens). Despite how naïve this may be, I do not believe that religious novels should only be read and appreciated by religious people. I have read novels written to and by people of many faiths and have enjoyed some of them. I've seen that the main issue of these sorts of books is not the pr ...more
Lizzie
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! A Christian Dystopian? Yes please! I really did like this book, although it wasn't the most fast paced it was still very much enjoyable, there were lots of plot twists, and many similarities to Divergent, I found. If you're a Christian and you're wanting a YA Dystopian where you don't have to worry about there being anything negative in them, this is a fantastic book. Can't wait for the next one!!
Libby May
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yay for Krista McGee again! I like this book a lot. Although the second to last scene was very confusing and I'm still not clear on what happened in the computer and how it would help to solve the oxygen problem, but I'm fascinated by the characters and the way that simulation was possible.

Can't wait to read the next book. :D
Zac
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis:

Thalli is different than others in The State. She feels things. She asks questions. And in the State, this is not tolerated. The Ten scientists who survived the nuclear war that destroyed the world above believe that emotion was at the core of what went wrong—and they have genetically removed it from the citizens they h
Tonina
For me, Anomaly was true to its name, in that its sheer level of terrible landed it on my extremely rarely used "too-awful-to-finish" shelf.

A YA dystopian? Sure, I'll give it a whirl. A YA dystopian that beats me over the head with the author's particular brand of religion and is more than a little short on character development, believable worldbuilding, and plot? Pardon me while I Hail Mary the book like there's five seconds left in the Super Bowl and I'm Tom Brady trying to finish off a drama
Christian Fiction Addiction
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Minutes into the first few pages of "Anomaly", I knew I was in for trouble...that there was no way I'd be putting this book down any time soon! Krista McGee has created a fascinating futuristic world, a post-nuclear war age where science rules the day, and feelings and spirituality have been genetically removed from human DNA. I loved the idea of Thalli, a character who doesn't fit the mold but instead questions why things are the way they are, and feels things on a deep level. She is a wonderfu ...more
Sierra Faith
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
3.5 stars! I really didn't connect with Thalli..... I don't know why! Excited to read the next book in the series though.
J.C.
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great addition to the dystopian genre, Krista McGee’s Anomaly was a great read, full of action, adventure, yet with a strong Christian themes and elements that I absolutely loved. They were written in cleverly and very well done, adding to the plot without taking over. The themes and messages sent were very strong.

The storyline was creepily realistic and extremely capitivating. It tells the story of a futuristic world, after the dry land has been completely demolished through a Nuclear War, se
Tressa (Wishful Endings)

What I thought:

When I signed up for this tour I didn't realize that this was in the Christian Fiction genre. I thought it was just going to be a YA Dystopian. It turned out to be both, so it's a good thing I like Christian Fiction. It's the first time I have read this type of book and it was an interesting mix.

The whole premise was also different. The world has basically faced an apocalypse, which is nothing new, but in this story a community survives under ground in a scientific living
Megan
I have only read one other book by this author, Right Where I Belong (view spoiler), and was quite pleased with it. However with Anomaly being such a different type of book I wasn't sure how much I would like it. Sure the synopsis sounded good, but I went into it with a little apprehension. I needn't have worried! This book was SO amazing!

It kept me guessing throughout the entire book, I was never quite sure what was r
Hannah Rodes
Dec 27, 2015 added it
Shelves: dystopian
Anomaly by Krista Mcgee

Anomaly was a very intriguing read for me. Krista Mcgee is one of my favorite contemporary authors so I was eager to start into Anomaly. I was not disappointed. I really liked Anomaly. (Disclaimer: I am writing this review three month after I read it. So, it will be short)

The Good.

The Plot was intriguing and kept me interested. The Ending freaked me out! I mean it almost—she almost—*rapid hand motions*

The Bad.

I didn’t necessarily like Thalli. She was okay, just not an
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
DNF - A religious novel under the guise of dystopian fiction. Last thing I want is to be preached to in my reading time.

Also, the writing was terribly difficult to get into, stunted sentences, pretty much skimmed all the way to 27%. When the mentions of God and the Church came out, I decided that was that.

Received this book from Netgalley as part of a blog tour, but chose not to take part in it.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
There are only a handful of humans remaining after the Nuclear War decimated what used to be the world as we know it. Only for those of us left, we don't have any memory of that world. All we have are the lessons we study about the world that once was. We are segregated by generations and in my Pod C, there are only about thirty of us. Each of us has a talent that only we alone possess. For me, Thalli, I am a musician. I can read and create music as though that was all I was born to do. For my r ...more
Rebecca (whenallotherlightsgoout)
What a rollercoaster ride!

I am having a hard time writing a review for this book. I am really not sure how to put my feelings into words. So I think I will 'write' this review in gifs. My first review in gifs!

My reactions while reading this book:

Promising!

Really enjoying it!

.....This is kinda meh

What just happened!? Ugh! Don’t like!

Woah, did not see that comin’

Getting good again…

WHAT?!!?

Yeah. That pretty much says it all. This book has so many twists and turns, you really don’t know what to
Jill Williamson
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thalli lives in Pod C where everyone has a unique job. She is the musician of Pod C and does her job well. She also hides secrets well. See, people aren’t supposed to show emotion in Thalli’s world. Emotion is a weakness, and people with weaknesses are taken away and never return. But Thalli feels. And when her best friend Berk is promoted to a Scientist and taken away for training, she feels the loss of a dear friend.

Thalli is unable to hide her anomaly forever, though, and soon she is taken aw
Melanie
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R9015TKB...
Review on my blog (to be posted 7/16): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

I've heard great things about Krista McGee's books, so when I found out about Anomaly, I knew I had to read it - especially since it's dystopian (I absolutely love this genre!).

Anomaly completely met my expectations, as I ended up loving it. The story held my attention throughout and I loved the characters. I think my favorite character would have to be Berk, t
Halee
Whoa. Guys. This book. I cannor believe that this book is over. Ot was just unlike anything I've ever read. It was clean, Christian AND dystopian?? *gasp* How could this be so? Because it's Krista McGee! Agghhh...... Cliff. Hanger.
Ember
I love this book! It was better the first time around, because I didn't know what was going to happen, but it's still amazing the second time around!
Celestria
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it, can't wait to read Luminary!
Renn Shearin
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Decades before Thalli’s birth, the world ended in a nuclear war. But life went on deep underground, thanks to a handful of scientists known as The Ten. Since then, they have genetically engineered humans to be free from emotions in the hopes that war won’t threaten their lives again.

But Thalli was born with the ability to feel emot
Jalynn Patterson
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Create With Joy
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Imagine we live in a post-apocalyptic world. Decades ago, life as we knew it ceased to exist. The Ten – the scientists who survived the nuclear war – now run the world. They make the rules. Everything they do is for our good. Or so, we've been taught.

The Ten create life. They create us for a specific purpose. They manipulate our DNA. They eradicate any traits deemed detrimental to life in the underground pods where we live. Weaknesses such as sickness, emotions and curiosity are all deemed undes
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Why do I like dystopian so much? Maybe I should rephrase that. Why am I starting to like dystopian so much? Dystopian shows awful circumstances and the normal people stuck in these awful situations. Normal people, who grow through these experiences becoming unique and strong. Each character reacts differently, some of them hold on to hope no matter how dark it gets, other entirely lose hope causing them to turn dark. But when you watch characters go through awful tribulation, it empowers and en ...more
Iola
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Seventeen-year-old Thalli has been scheduled for annihilation. She is the Musician for her pod, her group of peers, and she feels emotions, something the post-apocalyptic society she lives in has attempted to remove through genetic engineering. Berk, her childhood friend, is now a Scientist and persuades his colleagues to save her for study. She is given a reprieve, but as the experiments start, she soon starts to wonder what is real and what is not.

Krista McGee’s last three books were contempo
  • Storm (Swipe #3)
  • Dark Halo (Angel Eyes, #3)
  • Aquifer
  • The Calling (Seer #2)
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants #1)
  • Cloak of the Light (Wars of the Realm, #1)
  • Outcasts (Safe Lands, #2)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Return to Exile (The Carthage Chronicles, #2)
  • Soul's Gate (Well Spring #1)
  • Tremors (Stone Braide Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Chasing Jupiter
  • On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale, #2)
  • Misery Loves Company
  • Nomad
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • Prophet (Books of the Infinite, #1)
Krista writes for teens, teaches teens, and more often than not, acts like a teen. She and her family have lived and ministered in Texas, Costa Rica, and Spain. Her current hometown is Tampa, FL.

Anomaly (3 books)
  • Luminary (Anomaly, #2)
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
“I will die the way I learned to live. Fully aware. At peace. With a heart so full of love that even as it slows, it is still full.

Because I know something the Scientists refuse to acknowledge.

Death is only the beginning.”
22 likes
“A wedding is a ceremony where two people promise to love each other forever, no matter what. This was something the Designer intended from the beginning of time. Marriage is a picture of his love for the people he created.” 10 likes