Start by marking “Пътуване с лек багаж” as Want to Read:
Пътуване с лек багаж

Пътуване с лек багаж

Пътуване с лек багаж (1987) е най-емблематичната книга за възрастни на Туве Янсон, която ще позволи на българския читател да опознае авторката в напълно нова светлина. В дванайсетте разказа от сборника героите пътешестват: в пространството, във времето, във въображението си. Изправени пред новото и непривичното, реагират както най-добре съумеят: помъдряват, капитулират, пр ...more
Published July 21st 2012 by Жанет 45 (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Пътуване с лек багаж, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Пътуване с лек багаж

Bjorn
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing about travelling, of course, is that no matter how far you go you bring yourself along whether you want to or not. That sounds trite, I know. After reading these 12 short stories I'm not sure it's entirely true, though. Most of the stories here are based around travelling - whether it's people abandoning their lives, looking to leave everything behind as in the title story, people returning home after a long absence as in the darkly funny "The Woman Who Borrowed Memories", or just goin ...more
Emily
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, in-storage
A lot of the pieces in this collection strike me as being prime examples of the "you can tell I'm a good writer because none of the people in my stories are happy" school of fiction. Writers for children who turn to writing for grownups seem particularly prone to this style. Jansson actually is good though, even though it's hard to forgive her for producing this work instead of more moomin books. Two of the stories (out of twelve) I liked very much, "The Garden of Eden," and "The Hothouse." In o ...more
kari
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm caught in Tove Jansson's voice and imagination, and not even struggling to break free. There is a lightness and subtlety about her prose - although every story in this collection deals with darker angles of human nature, mental disorders, hopelessness, and conformism. Jansson treats her characters with love that doesn't make her blind to their faults, and the result is a bittersweet, honest, haunting gallery of portraits, all adorned with clever humor and grotesque.
Mika
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you know Jansson's Moomin books, you'll see the dry humor through these short stories meant for adults -- and you may see the Moomin books as more serious and clever. If you don't know them, no worries: this collection of stories has as its common denominator humor that is occasionally only present as a faint trace and occasionally more strongly, but always an unusual combination of darkness and, well, joy.
Amy
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Tove Jansson can honestly do no wrong in my eyes. Her collection of short stories about a young girl and her grandmother - The Summer Book - would be my all-time favourite book (if you were cruel enough to only let me choose one and not the twenty I've nearly narrowed it down to.) It's just a perfect book, in my humble opinion.

So I've been putting off reading this collection of short stories, in exactly the same way that I've been putting off reading another of my favourite authors David Mitchel
Alexander Yates
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this book. Deeply humane and funny and generous. The only thing I don't love about it is the front cover blurb. Tove Jansson IS a genius. Is. Genius should always be in the present tense. And this book is as alive as any of us can hope to be when we aren't anymore.
Viv
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing. After reading rave reviews and loving the first few stories of this book, in the end it was all just too abstract. At her strongest, she's reminiscent of Chekhov. But the tone isn't consistent.
Max
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tove Jansson wrote many good things beside the Moomins. Loved these stories a lot.
Wisecordelia
My first book by Tove Jansson and I seem to have missed the Moomins entirely. I liked it - in a stark, slightly sad sort of way.
R.Sebnem Korur
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
in praise of solitude
Elisaveta
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magic for grownups :)
Noora Karoliina
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a continuous string from one story to another, this collection is easy to read. It holds a lot of glimpses of our everyday lives' precious passing moments in a very lovely way only Tove Jansson has. I liked this a lot more than many of her other books, because these short, kind of light stories each were so carefully chosen and set, and carelessly written.

Something that really popped out was the way she tied each passing story to the next one with a small hint. I didn't know if it was anno
Lia
There’s a fascinating tempo to this readable short story collection. While most of the stories ruminate on aspects of being away from home, toward the end of the collection a shift occurs — These stories consider fears, anxieties and loss of a different nature, as well as unexpected delights and happiness.
Ultimately this collection is a celebration of the quiet introspective observers — The introverts of the world.
Adam Frederik
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tove Jansson had such an uncompromising honest presence and personality. These stories are great, and they all bear witness to her obsession with the dilemma of longing for friendship, and longing for solitude, a theme that is also at the core of her Moomin stories.
Sorin Hadârcă
Masterfully written, yet unsettling in a way which is different from other collections of short stories. A sense of direction seems to be lacking and maybe that’s what is unsettling about them. Except depictions of nature - in no need of direction, just being there.
John Hatley
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's one of the best things about short-story collections that I'm spared trying to write a "review" of all twelve stories. I'll sum it up with the statement that I really enjoyed every one of the stories in this collection and that I shall be reading more of Tove Jansson's work very soon!
Veronika Apolenova
Makes me wanna read that Atlas of Remote Islands book now :)
Aiàlamode
I enjoyed the first five stories and the last, because it reminded me of Stefan Zweig. The others I found somewhat tedious.
Diane Antone
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Undeniably Scandinavian - dark, disturbing, cold and compelling.
Joelie
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To abstract for me, you can't just start a new chapter and start a new story and pick it up in the middle of someone's life, maybe this makes more sense in Swedish.
Sari
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourites were Lustgården and Växthuset.
Judith Rich
I love Jansson's adult books and am always delighted when I find another one is available. I loved this collection of short stories and as usual look forward to my next Jansson.
I have to admit it took a while for me to get into the swing of this collection.

This is the second book of short stories I've read by Jansson, and the stories here differed greatly from the stories in The Summer Book. Those stories were quiet and contemplative, beautifully evoking the feelings of summer in the countryside. Although a lot of the stories in this collection were also set in the summer, they were a lot darker - one focuses on how one couple reacts to the suicide of a teacher at the
Charlotte
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One thing I love about Tove Jansson's writing is that her stories rarely reach a definite conclusion; when you finish them you're left to contemplate what you've just read and interpret the stories for yourself. Travelling Light is no exception. This collection of evocative stories cover many different subjects and themes, but what each one has in common is that wonderfully airy quality that only her writing has.

In all these stories she makes astute but subtle observations on human behaviour wh
Greg
Tove Janssons' fiction for adults is a rare site in Australian bookshops, but English translations are starting to trickle through.

Travelling Light is a collection around a theme of characters moving to another place in search of peace and refuge, only to find that their new environment discomforting as well. Jansson finds dry and gentle humour in the most everyday of situations: three old ladies enjoying a tea party, a young city boy holidaying with a rural foster-family, two old men sharing a
Nicholas Whyte
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A collection of short stories by the great Finnish writer, a surprising number of which are about psychological manipulation and trauma - something I picked up also in her novel, The True Deceiver; the most memorable here is "The Woman Who Borrowed Memories", itself the title of another collection, whose central character returns to visit an old friend to find that her past has been ruthlessly appropriated. There are other lovely pieces too, the opening
Anaïs
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autres
Several short stories by Tove Jansson, some of them are probably my favourite ones. I have a particular preference for stories that are finally not connected to Tove Jansson's life, as if it was less disturbing to have thoughts on people that actually might have not existed at all excepted in her stories. When we feel it's a real story she lived in her life, she judges people so hardly (or maybe expose them in a way we judge them so hardly) I don't feel at ease. But maybe there lies her genius: ...more
Bettie
Zen Cho
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
I like how uncommercial these stories are, and how they are literary fiction while still having a heart in them. I don't mean that they have heart in the sense of being squooshy and heartwarming; just that they aren't empty in the way a lot of New Yorker-style fiction feels. They are stories about people who are stubbornly themselves.

My favourite is probably the one about the professor in the Spanish town who tries to smooth over a disagreement between two expats, because she was so well-meaning
Luni
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
I don't read a lot of short stories.
Compared to "Pappersväggar" by John Ajvide Lindqvist and "Too much Happiness" by Alice Munro I thought "Resa med lätt bagage" was a bit uneven. There were many stories here that caught me by surprise in a positive way, like the story of the surviving couple after an unmentioned disaster. That one in particular seems to me like something Lindqvist would wish he wrote. Beautiful language through out the book.

• Leijat Helsingin yllä
  • Tove Jansson: sanat, kuvat, elämä
  • The Hill Bachelors
  • Tove Jansson: Tee työtä ja rakasta
  • Когато искам да мълча
  • La oveja negra y demás fábulas
  • I morgen var jeg alltid en løve
  • Stories and Essays of Mina Loy
  • Complete Short Stories
  • Невидимите кризи
  • The Little Town Where Time Stood Still
  • Tales of Galicia
  • The Oval Lady, Other Stories: Six Surreal Stories
  • Куфарът на брат ми: истории за пътя
  • The Liar
  • Centuria: One Hundred Ouroboric Novels
  • Pelon maantiede
  • Tainaron: Mail from Another City
Tove Jansson was born and died in Helsinki, Finland. As a Finnish citizen whose mother tongue was Swedish, she was part of the Swedish-speaking Finns minority. Thus, all her books were originally written in Swedish.

Although known first and foremost as an author, Tove Jansson considered her careers as author and painter to be of equal importance.

Tove Jansson wrote and illustrated her first Moomin