Start by marking “Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)

Elixir

(Covenant #3.5)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  27,072 ratings  ·  1,763 reviews
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods.
Published November 27th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press (first published November 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Elixir, please sign up.
Daniela You get the whole experience if you read the novellas between the books. Starting from 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5. The novellas are good for unde…moreYou get the whole experience if you read the novellas between the books. Starting from 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5. The novellas are good for understanding what's going on in everyone's minds apart from Alexandria. And these novellas are actually pretty good, they're not like these holes between time and space that some writers tend to create, they follow the storyline and even give a bit more details(less)

·  27,072 ratings  ·  1,763 reviews

Start your review of Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
Isabella
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I never doubted Aiden's awesomeness but this novella takes him to a whole new level.
He's not perfect, he's not flawless, but he's wonderful and I love him so much!!!!!!!! And going on writing from Aiden's POV after Deity's ending? Just perfect, Jennifer, just PERFECT. Now I can breath when after the last book I thought I was going to die waiting for Apollyon, so THANK YOU because even if my heart hurts just by thinking about it, I'll try to survive until April.

And (view spoiler)
Lo Bookfrantic
OMG this book ahhhh the feels 😢😭😭😭

binge listening to the audio books I can't stop now holy cow that last one left me going crazy haha

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ja_zps16dd050b.jpg

Elixir is #3.5 in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. This novella is completely in Aiden’s point of view. But unlike novellas in other series, this one is completely part of the series, taking up immediately where Deity left off.

photo elixir_zpsaf6fcc37.jpg

Alex has awakened, and immediately connected with Seth. Her biggest fear came true, she lost herself. Aiden will do anything to save her and is forced to make a decision he never thought he would face in order to.

“Please come back to me, Alex. Please
Alexa
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

Oh Aiden Aiden Aiden... I didn't need this novella to convince me that Aiden is amazing and badass and the one for Alex. Because I already knew all this the moment he stepped back into Alex's life in Half-Blood, the first novel in the series. But I did desperately need this novella for my much needed Aiden fix AND to calm my nerves after reading the epicness that was Deity, which by the way ended on a huge cliffhanger! You can read my review for
Yessica
When I heard Elixir would be Aiden's novella

When I heard it was in his POV!

Annie Brewer
First of all, READ DEITY BEFRORE YOU READ THIS LITTLE GEM!!!!

So holy crap! If I wasn't already in love with this series after reading Deity, this novella just took the cake then. Oh gods, my head is so full of emotions. Aiden. Oh Aiden you are truly the most remarkable character I've ever come to know. I really loved this little bit from our beloved Pure's POV. He really is pure....okay well in his own words...."Saint Delphi, my ass." Yes, you really are a saint in my eyes. Gods, the shit he had
Larisa
MY GOD! This is me while reading the book:

I know. I look a little silly.

DO NOT read Elixir if you haven't read Deity! It will be a huuuuge spoiler!

Now that we've cleared that, let us get back to the book. One word to describe it: breathtaking. You can imagine a list of similar adjectives that will surely do justice to the book.

In Deity, we get a few glimpses from Aiden's POV, which as expected, leaves us all swooning and drooling, not a very ladylike behaviour as one might say, but WHO
Maroua Zaatour
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! What was I thinking when I said I was #TeamSeth for Alex? No, hell NO! Aiden is the one and will always be the one for her! Oh my, I truly need a man like Aiden in my life. Someone as caring and thoughtful as him. Someone who is ready to fight the world for me 🥰
Love is beautiful. Love is always the answer, no matter what the question is.. ❤
Penny
I can't believe I am saying this about a book of this series, but I liked it.

Half-Blood (Covenant #1) - 1 star
Alyssa
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, 5-stars
4.5 Stars

I was actually never going to pick this up in the first place. But, much to my friend's constant nagging, I finally picked it up and started reading it. I'll admit, Elixir was a little short and I wanted it to be a little longer. But yes, it was good, but you don't have to read it. It's not required but I HIGHLY suggest you do so. Aiden and Alex have some bonding moments throughout this novella which I thought were really cute, even though Alex was pretty much acting like a lunatic but
Kate Kaynak
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG--you're all going to LOVE being inside Aiden's head!
aniryllis
THIS COVER!!! OH GOD!
Screeeaming
Stacia (the 2010 club)
If you've read any of my reviews for previous installments of this series, you'll know where I stand and why I feel torn about even reading the series. In my last review, I opted out of saying much in favor of just shelving the book as read, but man, it's hard when I can't not compare. However, my curiosity to know how everything turns out won't allow me to quit reading.

Moving on. I'm a sucker for a male PoV, and this novella is in Aiden's PoV. It was sweet to see how he internalized his feelin
Andreea Pop
“Saint Delphi my ass.”

Well, bookworms everywhere who haven't read The Covenant series by JLA yet... Have you ever read something hauntingly good? A series that plays with your feelings on a regular basis? A story with such intense twists and huge sacrifices that leaves you breathless? That makes your heart flutter, your eyes water and your whole body just go Rambo at some particular scenes? Let me just say -- you just think you did. Because you don't experience true sadness and kick-ass
~Tina~
Recommended to ~Tina~ by: Alexa
~happy sigh~ This was exactly what I needed! I haven't been reading much lately, but if anyone could get me excited about books again, it's JLA baby!

Aiden is absolutely freaken amazing and such a beautiful beautiful man inside and out. You could feel his desperation and pain right down to your very core. It broke my heart for what Aiden had to do and it broke my heart to see Alex the way she was.

This is the ultimate love story about faith, love and hope and I'm right there with Aiden when it co
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

This is the book that comes between Deity and Apollyon. When I started to read Apollyon (thinking that this book wasn't necessary) I was very confused and realized that I had to read this one before hand. I did and it explained a lot of the answers so you should definitely read it first.
Elixir is told from Aiden's perspective and I loved being inside his head seeing what he was going through and his views of Alex and everything that was going on. There was action in this shorter novella and i
Pilar ☽
description

Simply amazing,
I loved being inside Aiden's head. It's official, now I'm 60% Team Aiden and 40% Team Seth (For now, things may change).
Is it weird that I found freaky Alex amusing? I was laughing most of the time.
Great book! Can't get enough of this series. Off to "Apollyon" !!! Woop.
Dani
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*** If you have NOT read Deity, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW.***

Seriously, it’ll spoil Deity for you. So unless you’re the kind of person who reads the last page first , you really don’t want to be here.

Still here? Ok, you’ve been sufficiently warned. Starting in 3… 2… 1…

After that jaw-dropper of a cliffhanger in Deity, I’ve been dying to find out what happens next. I’m pretty sure I could’ve survived (though just barely) not knowing what happens to Alex & Co. until Apollyon. I could’ve done
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Shelves: paranormal
**Please note there are spoilers for Deity in this review

Oh. My. Gods! There are no words to describe just how excited I am to have read this novella. It is no surprise to anyone just how much of an enormous fan of Jennifer L Armentrout I am. She is without a doubt my favourite author of all time and there is nothing she can write that I will not completely obsess over. Add to that the fact that Covenant is my favourite series of all time and I am completely and utterly head-over-heels in love w
AJ
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“Love is such a wild and reckless creature. It cannot be planned or threaded. It cannot be controlled. Love can coexist with Fate, or it can undo it. Love is the only thing more powerful than Fate.”

Aaaaahhh, is there anything better than a novella to give us more insight into a favourite series? Oh yes! A novella from the hero’s POV. SQUEEEEEE!! Yes, that’s right, it’s Aiden time, baby!!!

This was a great little read that relieved me of my tension after the cliffhanger that ended Deity. I now kn
Lucia
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
When I first found out that there would be Aiden's point of view novella, I thought it would be some kind of "thank you" or gift from author to her readers who love Aiden and Covenant series. But Elixir was so much more. Aiden's point of view was definitely needed for the sake of storyline development and to be in his head was incredible. He is exactly a person Alex always thought he was, if not better. I have always been Team Aiden girl all the way but now my love for him is even stronger.
My Ai
Alaina

AIDEN HAS SEEN THE LIGHT PEOPLE!
He has finally fucking answered my prayers guys!

HE SAID I LOVE YOU TO ALEX. Which she obviously said back because that bitch was on the love train way before his ass. I'm so fucking happy right now. I love novellas. I love love. I seriously can't wait to read about this kick ass fight to go down between Aiden and Seth. I'm team Aiden obviously. I can't wait.
Kelly
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don't often read novellas and it's really rare when I give them five stars but with this one, I had to! I couldn't skip it. I didn't expect it to be this emotional but I cried - more than I probably should have. I loved it completely and I loved having Aiden's point of view for once. It was really interesting and I wonder how the fourth book begins. I didn't even connect the dots between the title and the plot of this novella. Now I feel so stupid ahah.

I'm regretting not reading the 0.5 novell
Natasha
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
5 elixir stars!

photo image_zpsg3qigo4b.jpg

Usually not big on novellas as they are short and you don't get much story but this one packed a punch!

Told completely from Aiden's POV it was brilliant. The emotions and feelings it evoked from me was shocking. You feel Aiden's love for Alex and his struggle to face that he may never see or feel the real her again.

Seth and Alex are connected and all she wants is to join with him and destroy the gods. It is chilling and so hard to see Alex go through all this shit.

Serious
♥Rachel♥
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see what happens in Apollyon now!

I'd fight.

Alex. Seth. A whole slew of gods if necessary. No one was going to take Alex. No one was going to give up on her or hurt her--not even Alex.

Oh Aiden!! ♥♥♥

Big thanks to Spencer Hill Press for letting us read this early!
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
3 winners will receive a copy of Elixir. http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co... - Ends on October 31st 2012! GO ENTER NOW!

"Alex, you have to be in there. I know you. Mt heart would not be beating if you were truly gone."

You all know how much I adore this series and after reading Elixir I know it's definitely my favourite series ever. The Covenant series just gets better and better with each book and Elixir really is just as phenomenal as the rest - maybe even better because it's a novella tol
Maria Kaye
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading this has just re-sparked my interest in the Covenant series! Team Aiden now. Let's take down Seth!! *BATTLE CRY*
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
3.5*
This was enjoyable and entertaining, like all of Jennifer L Armentrout’s books. I started to read Apollyon before I read this, thinking that since this was a novella it wasn’t really necessary, but the beginning of Apollyon was so confusing. I couldn’t remember when Alex had been on the elixir and other information being said. The events of Elixir are briefly explained in Apollyon but I think that this novella could’ve just been the first few chapters of Apollyon instead of a separate book.
Brenna
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I heard there was a novella from Aiden's POV, I was so excited! But I wasn't expecting it to really move the storyline along, I thought it was going to be his POV of Deity or some other scenes from one of the other books. Once I started reading and realized that it picked up right where Deity left off I was beyond excited!!!

This novella was so heart wrenching - I felt so terrible for Aiden. He had to deal with the Alex, his heart and soul, being taken over by her connection to Seth. It was
Mercedes
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Elixir takes place between Deity and Apollyon, I wasn't originally going to pick it up but when I read the first few pages of Apollyon I felt a little lost and thought Elixir would shed some light on things. It did.

I don't know if Elixir is considered to be integral to the series (ie. do you have to read it?) but I definitely think it is. Things that happen between Deity and Apollyon are covered in this story and while all are mentioned in Apollyon, it's not the same as experiencing them in Eli
Jennifer L Arment...: Book 3.5 - Elixir (Aiden's Novella) 144 271 Oct 05, 2018 08:52AM
Spa Elixir Cream 1 2 Feb 12, 2018 02:22AM
Instant Elixir Proactive Repair 1 2 Jan 08, 2018 11:59PM
Instant Elixir Proactive Repair 1 1 Jan 08, 2018 12:53AM
Aiden or Dimitri(VA)........?? 11 102 Jul 15, 2014 08:20AM
LUXEN Army: Elixir Discussions (spoilers) 1 7 Sep 05, 2013 07:45AM
Aiden or Daemon? 4 90 Dec 05, 2012 05:04PM

• El trono de ámbar: Exiliados (El trono de ámbar, #1)
  • Secretos del Destino
  • Cazadores I: La misión
  • El retorno de los Leales (El trono de ámbar, #2)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #21)
  • Hefesto
  • Expiación: Novela extendida
  • Herederos del mundo
  • Tierras Inhóspitas: Herederos del mundo (Saga Herederos del mundo nº 2)
  • Antípodas
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • La búsqueda del arcoíris: Herederos del mundo (Saga Herederos del mundo nº 3)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Ryder

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)