Alexa's Reviews > Elixir

Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apr 17, 2012

bookshelves: requested, 2012-reads, favorites, young-adult, signed, own

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

Oh Aiden Aiden Aiden... I didn't need this novella to convince me that Aiden is amazing and badass and the one for Alex. Because I already knew all this the moment he stepped back into Alex's life in Half-Blood, the first novel in the series. But I did desperately need this novella for my much needed Aiden fix AND to calm my nerves after reading the epicness that was Deity, which by the way ended on a huge cliffhanger! You can read my review for that book here.

Elixir begins where Deity, the third novel in the Covenant series, ended. (So, if you haven't read Deity, DO NOT read Elixir! It's going to majorly spoil Deity for you, and I promise you wouldn't want that.) If Deity left you traumatized and dying for the fourth novel Apollyon, be sure to read Elixir. You'll find out exactly what happened after the closing scene in Deity. This novella may only be 80 pages long, but it's packed with everything you expect to find in a Jennifer L. Armentrout novel. Character development, surprising revelations, and of course, romance.

What makes Elixir even better is that ALL of it is from Aiden's POV. And if you haven't already realized, I think he's the best male character in the series, and he's also one of my favorite male characters ever. He's intense, sweet, protective, and sexy. Seriously, I love Aiden to pieces. There was a part in the novella where he spoke Greek and holy crap... I don't even know how to read or speak Greek, but when he spoke that language... I was swooning like crazy. SO FREAKING HOT. The scene where it occurred actually wasn't a happy moment for him though. Throughout Elixir, you can feel how heartbroken and desperate he was to save Alex. He really would do anything for her, even sacrificing himself. He continues proving himself again and again, and I hope he gets the ending he undoubtedly deserves.

Elixir is a must read for Covenant fans, especially Aiden fans! It eased the pain of waiting for Apollyon just a bit, and it left me even more curious about how things will work out in that novel. Hopefully all the Aiden action we got in Deity and this novella continues into the final books of the series because he is truly an amazing character and person. I can't get enough of him!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elixir.

April 17, 2012 – Shelved
October 13, 2012 – Finished Reading
October 29, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult
December 13, 2012 – Shelved as: signed
December 13, 2012 – Shelved as: own

♥Rachel♥ Thanks for telling me Alexa! Yay!! :)

Alexa The cover will be revealed this Friday! I hope it's good!! X3

message 3: by ~Tina~ (last edited May 02, 2012 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ I'm hoping it's yellow! We don't have a yellow one yet:p

message 4: by Alexa (last edited May 02, 2012 03:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa Ooo! Yes! Aiden should be all golden. :3 I'm so glad Aiden's getting his own novella. I need more of him, and he deserves more pagetime. XD
After that, two more covers. And one should definitely be orange, right? ;D

message 5: by ~Tina~ (last edited May 02, 2012 03:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ I'm hoping it's super long too:D I also hope it comes out in paper-copy as well. I need it for my collection;)

Yes! Orange! I'm not sure what other color I want for the other one

message 6: by Alexa (last edited May 02, 2012 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa I think it will! Since Daimon's out in paperback. :D
Not sure if you heard, but there's going to be Deity guitar picks! Yay! You're getting a Deity ARC, right? I think they said that they plan putting a pick in each package.

I love me some orange. 83
Pink? Nah.
Gray/silver to match Aiden's eyes? Yes please! XD
Or maybe they'll go with black.

message 7: by Alexa (last edited May 04, 2012 04:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa Tina! Lookie!!

It's gray/silver! Like Aiden's eyes!! ;D Should have known. lol

Check out the summary:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

Alexa From the pub: "It's coming out within a week of the DEITY release in November. It will be a FREE download from the Spencer Hill website, and like DAIMON, a print version also will be available, as well as Kindle and Nook versions (but those cost 99¢)"

~Tina~ Haha!! I can totally live with Aiden's eyes...I mean the color of this book:p It sounds amazing!! I can't freaken wait!!

I think I'm getting an arc of Deity. This is what Spencer said;

"The ARCs for Cursed go to press next week--we'll have them in time for BEA, and we'll be shipping to reviewers in mid-June. We'll also have Deity ARCs shipping in June, as well, and reviewers who are on both lists should receive a package containing both."

...I'm on the list, so now I just have to pray really hard that I get one:D

I NEED that guitar pick for my collection. I've got two, I want them all!! LOL

Alexa I think you will! :D So glad June is not too far now!

OMG I'm nervous!
(view spoiler)

message 11: by ~Tina~ (last edited Oct 14, 2012 04:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ (view spoiler)