The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  26,573 ratings  ·  3,614 reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she...more
Published November 19th 2013 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about The Fiery Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fiery Heart

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
14th out of 1,498 books — 10,196 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
19th out of 2,472 books — 12,488 voters

More lists with this book...

ajia
Finally! after ages of waiting i got to read it and i totally loved it! I was really excited after the last one cuz i wanted to see Sydrian as real couple and they are totes adorable. They still have their witty banter but its all even sexier now and every scene will make you swoon. I cant tell you how steamy some scenes were and you just need to read the book NOW!

Their relationship was well written. they still had some issues they needed to sort out and slowly worked though them. I just adore t...more
Rimsa Ivashkov
UPDATE: (Review + Teasers)

Teasers

When I got out, I heard the Love Phone ring with a text message. I hurried to it. Did you get it? asked Sydney.
Get what?
Look under your door.
I did and found that a room key had been slid inside. Not even bothering to respond to her, I quickly dressed and headed out into the hall, turning toward the room number on the key. I nearly knocked but then decided I must have an open invitation and unlocked the door.
I stepped inside, shutting the door behind me, and found...more
OMG! I have so many thoughts! But for right now...

Chapter 1 from Adrian's POV

"I won't lie. Walking into a room and seeing your girlfriend reading a baby-name book can kind of make your heart stop."

OMG!!! We get Adrian's POV!!!!! So excited!!!
And we'll have Adrian's POV in the rest of the series!

Q: Why did you choose to make an Adrian's POV in the fourth book? Is it just for fun or you needed to do it for the plot?

Richelle Mead: It is because of the plot....more
Wendy Darling
This installment is really Adrian's story. It's really fun being in his head, and there is some serious Sydrian chemistry! Full review is on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2013...

But seriously.

What. Happened. To. Everyone's. HAIR.

:-(
Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥
First of all, this may be a little off-topic and have nothing to do with the actual story in this book, but I do not like this cover. Is it just me or does it seem very cheap compared to the others. The same goes for the 5th book, Silver Shadows. What happened here, guys?
And second, I have no idea where I'm taking this review for The Fiery Heart. I mean it was amazing, mind-blowing even and yes, simple perfection, which isn't a surprise when it's about a book that has Adrian Ivashkov in it, but...more
Mikaela
For this review to take place, I feel as though I have to split myself into two people.

One is the completely bias fangirl, who obsesses over characters and a world she loves. This is the same girl who shrieked so loudly when Dimitri made a reappearance that someone came in to check if she was okay. Looking at the book through this persona I was happy. Adrian and Sydney really grew as a couple (even with the drastically cliched "the centre will hold" motif) and they had some cute moments with cu...more
♥ Becky  22
"Just finished writing what may be the most powerful scene in the VA/Bloodlines series. And I don't say that lightly after Shadow Kiss."
- Richelle Mead about the ending of this book.

OH MY GOD.

Kinda scared. I mean...Shadow Kiss was woah.

I have a feeling Fiery Heart will be like Shadow Kiss.A crying festival. Am I right ?
Richelle: I don't know if it'll be a crying festival, but I think a lot of books will be thrown across the room.

(http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/...)

06/20/13 Update: The n...more
Chester Carstairs
Love is... a flame in the dark. A breath of warmth on a winter's night. A star that guides you home.

Richelle Mead did it again! Oh yes, you're probably tired of reading that in my reviews. But really, can you say otherwise? This book has given me all the Sydrian dose I needed and. so. much. more. It's that good kind of overdose you'd never recover from. Certainly worth the agonizing wait!

Our favorite couple (or should I say one of our favorites? Since we have tons of ships in this series) is fi...more
Kelena
5 Centrum Permanebit Heartbreakingly Emotional, Sensual, Fun Stars

description

Will it, Sydney? I wondered.
Because I’m falling apart._ Adrian

full review to come
------------------------------------------

I`m in Sydrianish!!!!!! ZONE

description

IT'll BE FREAKIN` EPIC!!!

------------------------------
Sydney's 911Cellphone knows how to kill Sydrian Moment
A Little Teaser #Sydrian snippet from "The Fiery Heart" to kill the time untill Official VAMPIRE ACADEMY Movie Trailer Release this week!!!

Excerpt (From Sydney's POV- 4 pag...more
Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
My anxiety faded. I took a deep breath and met the gazes of all those watching me in the room. Who was I to do this?
I was Adrian Ivashkov. And I was about to kick some ass.
Actual rating: 3.5

Here's my very controversial take on this book: I wish Sydrian never happened. What can I say, I loved the sexual tension and the chemistry of Sydney and Adrian as they battled for and against their feelings for each other more than I love their actual romance.

Please don't take my rating and my statement to...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. I can't believe it took me almost 2 months to read The Fiery Heart. I got stalled out by the midway point and didn't have any motivation to want to pick the book up again. Was my love affair with Richelle Mead coming to an end? Say it isn't so!

I really couldn't figure out what was up with the "whole lot of yawn" happening in the first half. Even having Adrian's PoV didn't really perk up the non-events going on. Maybe the alchemist side of the story and all of the new characters just d...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I initially enjoyed the first three Bloodlines books but I think I've gone off them… On rereading I found them all rather uninspired and cheesy, especially the numerous romances which seem to dominate every story arc. I was hoping The Fiery Heart would reestablish my love for the series but if anything it just made me dislike it even more. Maybe, I'm just tired of vampires, YA, and silly-forbidden-tropey romances.

-I didn't really find the plot interesting. Most of the book was spent on...more
Komal
Nothing kills a book like predictability.

I am so pissed right now. So fucking pissed that I'll just write things as they are in my head. I've been waiting for this book to be released ever since I finished reading The Indigo Spell a few months ago. I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be such a letdown. The hype surrounding this book and its "awesome" ending is unbelievable. I feel like this book is such a filler.

1. The Too-Much-Romance-No-Plot Syndrome. Can't we talk about the romance? Let's...more
Patrycja

Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adrian Love Adr...more
Melissa
06/07/14

I'll just pretend that the first 50% didn't exist since it was all relationship drama (I mean, if I wanted to read a contemporary romance I'd read a contemporary romance). But after that Richelle remembered to add an actual plot to the story and the book got interesting enough, and I ended up really enjoying it.

Edit 28/02/13:

So, synopsis and cover are out. I don't really hate this one, but compared to all the other great covers out there, it completely sucks. Anyway, Sydney is not showi...more
Ida
If you are looking for an action-packed book, then maybe this is not for you because dang it, this is so emotionally powered with everything Sydrian feels I'm going crazy right now!

Full review later

The Fiery Heart is going to be told from both Sydney and Adrian's points of view...

...both Sydney and Adrian's point of view

...Sydney and Adrian's point of view

AND Adrian's point of view

ADRIAN'S. POINT. OF. VIEW.

ADRIAN'S.

The Indigo Spell
The Emerald Wish
The Silver Emblem
The Scarlet Dream

(Those last three titles are totally made up, but wouldn't it be great if at least one coincidentally gets picked up for an actual title? Fingers crossed.:D)
Sprinkles
Date: 8/21/12

Book #3 The Indigo Spell , hasn't come out yet. And here we are, excitedly waiting for the fourth book. A title is yet to come. For the title, I was thinking * The Emerald Wish *. Richelle Mead, if by any chance you are reading this, I am 110% okay with you using the title. I don't really know if you take readers' ideas, but please consider this one. The title goes very well with the other titles in the series, and it's basically perfect. I mean, Adrian has emerald eyes, and the ti...more
Zemira Warner
This has nothing to do with the book but I've started to hate those stupid people who post ∞ gifs on their 'reviews' before they even read the book. I get it, you are excited, I am too, but it takes forever to load the damn page. I post, maybe, one or two gifs but when you post more than 5, you are a moron. If you have a problem with what I said,deal with it.

full review to come.
Dee ✘
4.5/5

are you kidding me? are. you. kidding. me
you gave us that cliffhanger and now we have to wait for 8 months?!?
lord, help us.
Tabatha
YET ANOTHER EDIT**

Just to remind everyone of this scene from Indigo Spell which is where 'Fiery Heart' comes from:
"His eyes were on his heart, completely caught up in his work.
“Just something kicking around in my head. Reminds me of you. Fiery and sweet, all at the same time. A flame in the dark, lighting my way.”"

EDIT*

Over & Out...more
Basuhi

2.5 Stars

10 reasons why I don't like this book:

But before that, just a word for those who might read this off as a hateful review of this book, I don't hate this book, in fact, I like this but it's just not up for perfection, if you know what I mean. I don't contradict any of the five stars. Maybe I might have been one of them if I was 2-3 years younger. No scratch that, if I was a 100 YA books younger, I might've loved this.
(view spoiler)...more
Jess
Well Richelle Mead has done it again. This lady never fails to amaze me with her books. She always manages to pull it out of the bag.

I have been waiting almost a year for The Fiery Heart, and it most certainly didn't disappoint. Not a single bit. I always manage to get hooked on Richelle's books from the first page, and this book was no different. It felt so awesome to be back with the gang again, even some of the old ones made an appearance, to my absolutely delight.

The Fiery Heart was fantas...more
Rebecca

This ebook was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

It's been nearly three years since I first read Vampire Academy, Bloodlines' predecessor, and both of Richelle's series have been such a pleasure to read. Few authors have the uncanny to completely draw me into a story or make me fall in love with characters like she does. Even after a combined ten books in both series, I'm still enthralled. The Fiery Heart is an example of just how brilliant Richelle is at crafting this wo...more
Alexa

My mini-review can also be found on my blog Collections.

When Richelle Mead said that The Fiery Heart would be her hottest novel yet, I had a good idea of what would happen between Sydney and Adrian. Thing is, I didn't realize exactly how often the hotness would sizzle through the pages, if you know what I mean. Since they are one of my favorite couples, it made me extremely happy.

I absolutely loved getting inside Adrian's head. I was surprised by how many of the romantic moments were in his pers...more
Luke
The Fiery Heart is the fourth book in the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.

That was...I can't think of a word. It's my favourite in the Bloodlines series. What's my consequence for finishing it? I have to wait until July 29, 2014.

Cool! Not only will we follow Sydney, but Adrian as well. I have noticed that many series add another narrator later on. I like that Richelle Mead decided to have Adrian narrate. I just know he's going to be hilarious!
description

The cover looks awesome. I like that the same girl...more
Rachel (Miss Perfection)
Sumary of review below: SYDRIAN<3. Love.Love.Love.Love.Loved It!

Spoilery-filled review below, you've been warned

Sydney has broken free of her ties to the Alchemists' beliefs. She is playing a dangerous game of deception. She is doing so many things that are considered treason by the Alchemists. The threat of re-education looms over her head if she is caught. She must be careful and know that they are always watching.

I loved this book! Richelle Mead is a fantastic writer who's captured my a...more
Scarlet
Meh -_-
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
My Thoughts:

✜ Hopefully, you've kept up with the series and read the last book, The Indigo Spell, and you know that Sydney has changed...and changed A LOT. She's made some decisions that will surely affect things.

✜ Adrian has changed a lot too but spirit has a tight hold on him. But in trying to change his ways, it's left him without his numbing solution so he's had to seek out other means. (I was really shocked about that!)

✜ I loved getting Adrian's POV and hearing how he thinks. I was never...more
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Dec 18, 2013 Camila, the opinionated Catruler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to wish they were dead.
*This is a very personal review I wrote mostly for me rather than you, whoever you are. It's messy but so are my feelings toward this.*

I wrote this review at least five times. Each one was the right one, and the absolutely worst one. They focused on few things, left out others, or simply got almost too long for the amount of characters allowed. The truth is that there's no proper way to review a book like this for me, so I'd rather let you know what comes to my mind when I look back on the day I...more
I have a question about Sydney's blood 8 53 Aug 15, 2014 11:54AM
Which Dragomir sisters are braver and cooler? 13 62 Aug 14, 2014 04:00PM
Favorite part of Fiery Heart? 7 41 Aug 14, 2014 09:25AM
New series after Bloodlines?! 51 345 Aug 09, 2014 02:06PM
Vampire Academy L...: The Fiery Heart 29 144 Aug 05, 2014 08:22PM
Booklion Read-A-Thon: The Fiery Heart 1 4 Aug 01, 2014 03:03PM
SOS: Serious Over...: I should know better, what was I thinking of........... 3 25 Jul 16, 2014 10:05AM
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires, #15)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)
  • Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f...more
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

“Relax, having kids is years away. But can you imagine? Your brains, my charm, our collective good looks... then add in the usual physical abilities dhampirs get.

It's really not even fair to everyone else.”
553 likes
“Don’t take the high ground and assume you already know what you’ll do. The truth is, when it comes to someone you love, you’ll find there isn’t anything you won’t do.” 349 likes