Start by marking “The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  60,121 ratings  ·  4,786 reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins wh...more
Published June 12th 2012 by Razorbill (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Golden Lily

Can't Wait Books of 2012
9th out of 2,507 books — 15,923 voters
YA Novels of 2012
8th out of 1,257 books — 10,088 voters

More lists with this book...

ReesesPieces
description
RICHELLE MEAD, I AM ABOUT TO TURN INTO A RAGING STRIGOI.
THAT WAS SERIOUSLY THE WORST ENDING EVER. LIKE WHAT THE--I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND HOW IDIOTIC SYDNEY IS. ADRIAN IS CLEARLY MEANT TO BE WITH HER.*HEAVY, MURDEROUS BREATHING*

THIS IS WHAT I FEEL LIKE DOING TO SYDNEY:
description

Okay enough with the caps.
The only thing is, I found it annoying how Adrian kept reiterating that he was a better person because of her. Like that hasn't ever come up in YA lit before..but still. He was pretty swoon-worthy. And I do...more
The Adrian & Sydney Fan Fav Scene!

Adrian & Sydney Blackout Scene!

Adrian YA Crush Tournament Winner!

That was soooo good! Adrian is soooo wonderful! I just want to lie naked at his feet covered in alcohol and cigarettes and beg him to have his way with me!

description

Adrian, my poor, sweet, sexy Adrian, he goes through a lot in this book. Working with Dimitri continues to bring up how inferior he feels. I thought Dimitri...more
Alexa

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.'

Oh my god...this book! Wow. After enjoying Bloodlines immensely, it was pretty much inevitable that I would love The Golden Lily. This book exceeded all my expectations, and I'm more obsessed with this series now than I already was before. I just can't get enough of it!

In Bloodlines, the focus was on learning about the Alchemists and Sydney bonding with her new group of "s...more
Hannah
It has a name :D The Golden Lily! I like it :)
More Adrian Ivashkov what more could a girl ask for ;)
WOW! LOVE THE COVER!! IT'S SOOOOO PRETTY!
I need to read this....... like now! Well at least straight after I read the first book :P

Post-reading Bloodlines:

2012?! JUNE?! JUNE 2012?!

My heart just broke a little

Bloodlines was WAY better than I expected and I really, really, REALLY want to read this NOW!

Eddie <3 <-- I love him :P If he doesn't attempt to follow his heart and go out with Jill...more
mrsj
I'm done.
No more.
Not interested. Thank you very much.
I am once again, the minority here among all my other goodreads friends.

So why don't I like this book?

These are my answers:
1) The whole book is BORING!!!

The only action that I read about is when they got jumped and that's it.

2) Sydney - IRRITATING as hell. There is only one Rose Hathaway. She is no heroine. No fighter. And she is annoying. The "intellectual" talk with the so called "date"?

3) Jill - seriously?
Just get killed already. People...more
Flameholly161
SERIOUSLY????????????? I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE NOW??????????????????????? WTF HAPPENED TO THE MARCH RELEASE? OR EVEN THE MAY RELEASE???????????????

all I'm gonna say is that if Adrian and Sydney don't kiss AT LEAST once in this book I will be forced to go out and kill someone

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

OK so now that...more
♥Rachel♥
May 04, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Alexa

4.5 Stars

When Vampire Academy ended and I found out we were getting a spinoff series, I was a little skeptical. I mean how to you top Rose and Dimitri? But after I found out it was centered on Sydney Sage, the awkward Alchemist, and Adrian the sexy, flippant but loveable Moroi, I was totally on board. I loved Bloodlines and after reading this, I think the series just keeps getting better.

In this installment, we pick up right where we left off in Bloodlines. The group is minus the traitorous Kei...more
is mee... kissa
3.5
holy jeezbus that was some ending! one word people: goosebumps.
my favourite bits were the ones with Adrian in it =D - typical Kissa response. He's just so damn irresistible.

the thing with the two books in this series is that I'm not particularly crazy about it in the beginning or the middle - not that i don't like it, it's just that it's not a "whoa!" kinda thing. But the lead up to the ending (and most importantly: the actual ending) grab me and whip me out of my "non-whoa!" state, only to...more
Isabella
After Reading it:

WHAT?
I MEAN...
WHAT???????????????????????????
YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME, RICHELLE, YOU CAN'T. THIS IS JUST CRUEL. C-R-U-E-L.

Ok, I can't really write what I feel right now. I don't think there are words to describe what I'm feeling, so I will just...

I WILL NOT WAIT TILL FEBRUARY (but sadly, I will *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*). THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

***
FINALLY RELEASED!!! Finally on my shelf <3 My love, keep waiting just a little bit till I finish my exams and then w...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
"Rose once told me about this poem she'd read. There was this line, 'If your eyes weren't open, you wouldn't know the difference between dreaming and waking.' You know what I'm afraid of? That someday, even with my eyes open, I still won't know."

We always knew Adrian battled with the darkness that comes along with wielding spirit magic but something about this book really drove it home to me. In the original VA series, Adrian hid so much of his pain with a heavy dose of alcohol and humor. He...more
Rachel
I honestly hugged this book when I finished reading it! It was that amazing and heartwarming. The awesomeness that began at the end of Bloodlines starts immediately on the first page of The Golden Lily.

Richelle Mead is again the master of memorable scenes and addicting writing in The Golden Lily. I absolutely love how Mead planned a perfect installment to the series. She obviously has a plan for the Bloodline series where Sydney, Adrian, Jill, Eddie and Angeline will grow throughout and stand st...more
Chelsea Jay
Aug 22, 2011 Chelsea Jay marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this.
I just read Bloodlines & I'm already looking forward to The Golden Lily.

My Assumptions:
Sydney gets over her fear of vampires ( atleast the living ones, not the Strigoi ).
Adrian moves on from Rose & deepens his relationship with Sydney.
Jill gets in a relationship with Mikah ( Mason #2 ) & everyone flips out.
Eddie dates Angeline to get over his love for Jill but fails miserable & someone gets killed ( probably Mikah ).
Dimitri is talking to Rose over the ph...more
~Tina~

I can finally wear color again! My VA mourning-days are over;)
It's true, the first time I read Bloodline, it left a bit of a stake in my heart. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but I was mourning the fact that Rose and Dimitri's story is truly over, but after re-reading it again to prepare myself for Golden Lily, I'm pleased to say that I properly fell in love with this series like I was meant to from the beginning.

You know, I'm not sure what I should say in this review. A big part of m...more
Darlene
What to say, what to say…

Well, I love The Golden Lily. Love it, love it, love it. I had been waiting anxiously for this book for a while, and it did not disappoint me. I won’t lie, these first two Bloodlines books are very predictable, but there’s so much charm and quality that you don’t even care.

First, this is cast of very likeable characters. There’s our protagonist, Sydney, whom I love. Sydney is smart, but naïve, and very much awkward. It’s kind of unexpected, considering how cool and compo...more
Jillian -always aspiring-
Jun 20, 2012 Jillian -always aspiring- rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoyed Bloodlines, the first book in the series
(Actual Rating: 3.5 stars)

The honest truth: coming into reading The Golden Lily, I remembered next to nothing of what had transpired in the first book, Bloodlines. I had some vague recollections of things Adrian had said (because, come on, who can forget what Adrian says?), the climax, and the scene where Adrian remarked about Sydney's eyes being like "molten gold." At first, I thought, "Oh, it's just you; the first book couldn't have been that unmemorable" -- but, after reading The Golden Lily,...more
Rimsa Ivashkov
WOW!!!!! This book was beyond all my expectations - and they were pretty high! I have been obsessed with this book for a very long time and to finally get to read it was so satisfying because it was totally worth the wait and i LOVED every word of it :)

In The Golden Lily, we get to learn more about the alchemists and the vampire hunters. Although, one of the major twists in this book was predictable for me, i still loved the plot and enjoyed it just as much. This book introduces a lot of new thi...more
Katy
WHY OH WHY?!?

I really liked this book until the last page. GRRR!!! There was a REASON why it took me so long to read Bloodlines, and that was because I wasn't sure I wanted to see Adrian written with someone else. But now that Mead has gone and done it, for the love of everything holy, please just quit (view spoiler) Write me in instead. >_<

Okay, I'm calm now. On to the book...

I'm not sure what it was, but this book had a way of making you feel happy (we...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
With The Golden Lily, Richelle Mead once again proved that the world she created for Rose and now Sydney is magical and alluring and that, due to that fact, she can get away with a lot.
First half of The Golden Lily is essentially plotless. The reader gets to spend time with all the familiar characters, and it’s reminiscent of spending an uneventful Sunday afternoon with your friends: everyone is relaxed and happy they’re there, and the entire thing is absolutely tension-free. The second half sh...more
Marina

Oh sweet deliverance. Be still my beating heart and all that stuff.

“Adrian stood there leaning against the doorframe, watching me with his heart in his eyes. In my chest, my own heart was breaking. On my cheek, the lily reminded me who I was. ”

I have to admit that at first I thought that this spin-off series would be somewhat found lacking compared to Vampire Academy. *hangs head in shame*
The truth is that, what keeps it from being awesome is the lack of a major, hardcore archenemy. Strigoi ar...more
Anne-Marie Mathiesen
Review on my blog

I'd go Strigoi for an ARC!

After reading:

DIMITRI! DIMITRI! DIMITRI!

Wendy Darling
Better than Bloodlines, and yet still only as good as the last Vampire Academy book, in my opinion.

Sydney: much less annoying than in the previous book, but her issues are so predictably and rather clumsily written that it's hard to get attached to her. Still, she has a couple of decent, non-mousy scenes towards the end.

Jill: seriously, just let a hunter have her.

Adrian: some redeeming scenes here and there, but not nearly as attractive or as intriguing as he was in VA. It's disappointing that...more
Hayden Casey
Wow. Look at that cover!
I'm guessing it's Jill on the left and Sydney on the right. It's . . . not what I expected. I was thinking it was going to follow VA's color scheme. I'm glad it's not, though, because, I mean, who wants a clone?

Edit 8.31.11
Okay. First, it was March 1, 2012. Then, it was May 7th, 2012. Now it's June 17, 2012. Is anyone else as frustrated with these pushbacks as I am? I get it, I get it, yadda-yadda, Mead had a baby and she needs time with it. But now that he is actually bi...more
Komal Mikaelson
Prior to finishing this book
Adrian, baby, please don't disappoint me in this one too. Please?

After finishing the book

Oh my god. Oh. My. God.
OH MY GOD!!

Initial Reaction after reading

*This reaction was solely due to that bitch Sydney. Don't let that fool you in believing that I didn't like The Golden Lily.*

Ok, so let's get this shit on the road.
What can I say? The book blew me away. Blew. Me. Away. I can't hep but fall in love with Ms Mead. Hats off to you lady.

After been started off with the dis...more
Jen
Originally posted at http://www.makeshiftbookmark.com/2012...

Being a nurse, I have pretty easy access to heart monitors. Just for fun, I would've liked to watch my EKG strips while reading The Golden Lily. I'd be willing to bet that I experienced a few runs of preventricular contractions. Not to mention any arterial blood gas test would probably show respiratory acidosis from the amount of pCO2 built up. (Sydney would so appreciate this talk.)

Because, you guys? SOMETIMES I DID NOT BREATHE.

Sydney...more
Zemira Warner
Before I start writing the review I need to point something out. The cover for Bloodlines and The Golden Lily should be switched. Why? On every cover we have Sydney and someone else. So, IMO Jill should have been on the Bloodlines one and Adrian should be on the The Golden Lily because that way the cover would match its storyline.

I didn’t started reading this book with high expectations cause I was disappointed with the first instalment. Maybe I expected it would be like Vampire Academy which I...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ashley Yuan
WOW!!!!
I'm speechless. I started last night and I pretty much said stuff you homework till this afternoon after I finished the book and sobbed for half an hour because that ending was just too emotionally fuelled with raw heart felt emotions.
So we're back in Amberwood and guess what Sydney has a boyfriend. He's everything a girl like Sydney could ask for and plus all her friends seem pretty contempt with her new found love life. Not much happens at the beginning and that's fine because our dear...more
Melissa
First of all, I'd like to thank the team of Penguin Spain, specially Geraldine, for gifting me with an ARC of the book. You guys, thank you SO much. ^^ I'll be forever grateful to you for keeping in contact with me through mails and for sending me this awesome book.

If I could marry books, I'd definitely do it. My first options, of course, would be Richelle Mead's books. I've already said it in other reviews, but I feel the need to say it again and again: Richelle Mead is one heck of an author. S...more
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Reading a new Richelle Mead book is like a comforting return to my roots. The Vampire Academy series and Georgina Kincaid series were what got me into reading YA and Paranormal/Urban Fantasy books.

Unfortunately, I didn't much enjoy Bloodlines, mainly because it seemed like an unnecessary spin-off of Vampire Academy. The central character, in VA is much more interesting as a dhampir, guardian of Moroi royalty and there's much more action in those books. Bloodlines however, follows Sydney, an alc...more
Emily Anne
No words. Really. Although, since I am writing this review, I guess I'll have to find some quickly. Wow. This book was plain amazing.

So, let's start with Sydney, shall we? I really liked her most of the time, maybe because she is without a doubt the character I am most similar to, of all the books I've ever read. Which is nice because I can understand her.

In The Golden Lily, she realizes how she has come to care for her vampire friends, even though she is an alchemist. I thought this part was do...more
Addicted to YA: The Golden Lily 14 110 Sep 06, 2014 10:49PM
Booklion Read-A-Thon: The Golden Lily 1 2 Aug 01, 2014 03:00PM
Crazy for Young A...: The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead 2 44 May 27, 2014 01:22PM
Summer of &quot;5...: The Golden Lily Read-a-Long (Wednesday, July 16th) 2 15 May 05, 2014 11:35AM
Goodreads Librari...: Not an eBook 3 19 Mar 10, 2014 01:10PM
is anyone else disapointed by this book? 10 89 Feb 19, 2014 12:39PM
Rose returns 51 233 Feb 01, 2014 10:28AM
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f...more
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.” 1050 likes
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?” 647 likes