Start by marking “The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  76,939 ratings  ·  5,366 reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. Alchemists protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she's been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California - tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from as
Published May 2012 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Golden Lily

Can't Wait Books of 2012
9th out of 2,495 books — 15,913 voters
YA Novels of 2012
8th out of 1,316 books — 10,494 voters

More lists with this book...

Okay enough with the caps.
The only thing is, I found it annoying how Adrian kept reiterating that he was a better person because of her. Like that hasn't ever come up in YA lit before..but still. He was pretty swoon-worthy. And I do
The Adrian & Sydney Fan Fav Scene!

Adrian & Sydney Blackout Scene!

Adrian YA Crush Tournament Winner!

That was soooo good! Adrian is soooo wonderful! I just want to lie naked at his feet covered in alcohol and cigarettes and beg him to have his way with me!

Adrian, my poor, sweet, sexy Adrian, he goes through a lot in this book. Working with Dimitri continues to bring up how inferior he feels. I thought Dimitri

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.'

Oh my god...this book! Wow. After enjoying Bloodlines immensely, it was pretty much inevitable that I would love The Golden Lily. This book exceeded all my expectations, and I'm more obsessed with this series now than I already was before. I just can't get enough of it!

In Bloodlines, the focus was on learning about the Alchemists and Sydney bonding with her new group of "s
It has a name :D The Golden Lily! I like it :)
More Adrian Ivashkov what more could a girl ask for ;)
I need to read this....... like now! Well at least straight after I read the first book :P

Post-reading Bloodlines:

2012?! JUNE?! JUNE 2012?!

My heart just broke a little

Bloodlines was WAY better than I expected and I really, really, REALLY want to read this NOW!

Eddie <3 <-- I love him :P If he doesn't attempt to follow his heart and go out with Jill
I'm done.
No more.
Not interested. Thank you very much.
I am once again, the minority here among all my other goodreads friends.

So why don't I like this book?

These are my answers:
1) The whole book is BORING!!!

The only action that I read about is when they got jumped and that's it.

2) Sydney - IRRITATING as hell. There is only one Rose Hathaway. She is no heroine. No fighter. And she is annoying. The "intellectual" talk with the so called "date"?

3) Jill - seriously?
Just get killed already. People
Jessica (priceiswong)
Ahh. This book was awesome. I really really enjoyed the first book, but I think this book was a lot better! I can't wait to get the next!!

If you're reading this on your phone, there are spoilers ahead, so beware!

(view spoiler)
May 04, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Alexa

4.5 Stars

When Vampire Academy ended and I found out we were getting a spinoff series, I was a little skeptical. I mean how to you top Rose and Dimitri? But after I found out it was centered on Sydney Sage, the awkward Alchemist, and Adrian the sexy, flippant but loveable Moroi, I was totally on board. I loved Bloodlines and after reading this, I think the series just keeps getting better.

In this installment, we pick up right where we left off in Bloodlines. The group is minus the traitorous Kei

all I'm gonna say is that if Adrian and Sydney don't kiss AT LEAST once in this book I will be forced to go out and kill someone

OK so now that
is mee... kissa
holy jeezbus that was some ending! one word people: goosebumps.
my favourite bits were the ones with Adrian in it =D - typical Kissa response. He's just so damn irresistible.

the thing with the two books in this series is that I'm not particularly crazy about it in the beginning or the middle - not that i don't like it, it's just that it's not a "whoa!" kinda thing. But the lead up to the ending (and most importantly: the actual ending) grab me and whip me out of my "non-whoa!" state, only to
After Reading it:

Ok, I can't really write what I feel right now. I don't think there are words to describe what I'm feeling, so I will just...

FINALLY RELEASED!!! Finally on my shelf <3 My love, keep waiting just a little bit till I finish my exams and then w
Stacia (the 2010 club)
"Rose once told me about this poem she'd read. There was this line, 'If your eyes weren't open, you wouldn't know the difference between dreaming and waking.' You know what I'm afraid of? That someday, even with my eyes open, I still won't know."

We always knew Adrian battled with the darkness that comes along with wielding spirit magic but something about this book really drove it home to me. In the original VA series, Adrian hid so much of his pain with a heavy dose of alcohol and humor. He
Jul 05, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire heads
After a long break from reading books like a maniac I'm back on track at devouring books like snickers. I first gave this 3 stars but then I thought to myself "I am being to harsh" and so I changed my rating to that of 4 stars, and maybe I'm being generous but I liked this a lot, so that's what I made my mind up to.

Back on the amazing world of vampires, Richelle Mead created and which I'm grateful for. I'm no beginner to this world. I read VA two years ago and started Bloodlines a few months ago
Chelsea Jay
Aug 22, 2011 Chelsea Jay marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this.
I just read Bloodlines & I'm already looking forward to The Golden Lily.

My Assumptions:
Sydney gets over her fear of vampires ( atleast the living ones, not the Strigoi ).
Adrian moves on from Rose & deepens his relationship with Sydney.
Jill gets in a relationship with Mikah ( Mason #2 ) & everyone flips out.
Eddie dates Angeline to get over his love for Jill but fails miserable & someone gets killed ( probably Mikah ).
Dimitri is talking to Rose over the ph
I honestly hugged this book when I finished reading it! It was that amazing and heartwarming. The awesomeness that began at the end of Bloodlines starts immediately on the first page of The Golden Lily.

Richelle Mead is again the master of memorable scenes and addicting writing in The Golden Lily. I absolutely love how Mead planned a perfect installment to the series. She obviously has a plan for the Bloodline series where Sydney, Adrian, Jill, Eddie and Angeline will grow throughout and stand st
Natasha Polis
It took me longer to finish this one. Still enjoyable but also again very predictable. So far it's mirroring the Vampire Academy series so I know it's just going to get better as the books go along! Adrian is still so lovable, but Eddie is still one of my favorite characters!
What to say, what to say…

Well, I love The Golden Lily. Love it, love it, love it. I had been waiting anxiously for this book for a while, and it did not disappoint me. I won’t lie, these first two Bloodlines books are very predictable, but there’s so much charm and quality that you don’t even care.

First, this is cast of very likeable characters. There’s our protagonist, Sydney, whom I love. Sydney is smart, but naïve, and very much awkward. It’s kind of unexpected, considering how cool and compo
Jillian -always aspiring-
Jun 20, 2012 Jillian -always aspiring- rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoyed Bloodlines, the first book in the series
(Actual Rating: 3.5 stars)

The honest truth: coming into reading The Golden Lily, I remembered next to nothing of what had transpired in the first book, Bloodlines. I had some vague recollections of things Adrian had said (because, come on, who can forget what Adrian says?), the climax, and the scene where Adrian remarked about Sydney's eyes being like "molten gold." At first, I thought, "Oh, it's just you; the first book couldn't have been that unmemorable" -- but, after reading The Golden Lily,
Rimsa Ivashkov
WOW!!!!! This book was beyond all my expectations - and they were pretty high! I have been obsessed with this book for a very long time and to finally get to read it was so satisfying because it was totally worth the wait and i LOVED every word of it :)

In The Golden Lily, we get to learn more about the alchemists and the vampire hunters. Although, one of the major twists in this book was predictable for me, i still loved the plot and enjoyed it just as much. This book introduces a lot of new thi

I can finally wear color again! My VA mourning-days are over;)
It's true, the first time I read Bloodline, it left a bit of a stake in my heart. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but I was mourning the fact that Rose and Dimitri's story is truly over, but after re-reading it again to prepare myself for Golden Lily, I'm pleased to say that I properly fell in love with this series like I was meant to from the beginning.

You know, I'm not sure what I should say in this review. A big part of m

I really liked this book until the last page. GRRR!!! There was a REASON why it took me so long to read Bloodlines, and that was because I wasn't sure I wanted to see Adrian written with someone else. But now that Mead has gone and done it, for the love of everything holy, please just quit (view spoiler) Write me in instead. >_<

Okay, I'm calm now. On to the book...

I'm not sure what it was, but this book had a way of making you feel happy (we
Wendy Darling
Better than Bloodlines, and yet still only as good as the last Vampire Academy book, in my opinion.

Sydney: much less annoying than in the previous book, but her issues are so predictably and rather clumsily written that it's hard to get attached to her. Still, she has a couple of decent, non-mousy scenes towards the end.

Jill: seriously, just let a hunter have her.

Adrian: some redeeming scenes here and there, but not nearly as attractive or as intriguing as he was in VA. It's disappointing that

Oh sweet deliverance. Be still my beating heart and all that stuff.

“Adrian stood there leaning against the doorframe, watching me with his heart in his eyes. In my chest, my own heart was breaking. On my cheek, the lily reminded me who I was. ”

I have to admit that at first I thought that this spin-off series would be somewhat found lacking compared to Vampire Academy. *hangs head in shame*
The truth is that, what keeps it from being awesome is the lack of a major, hardcore archenemy. Strigoi a
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
With The Golden Lily, Richelle Mead once again proved that the world she created for Rose and now Sydney is magical and alluring and that, due to that fact, she can get away with a lot.
First half of The Golden Lily is essentially plotless. The reader gets to spend time with all the familiar characters, and it’s reminiscent of spending an uneventful Sunday afternoon with your friends: everyone is relaxed and happy they’re there, and the entire thing is absolutely tension-free. The second half sh
Wow. Look at that cover!
I'm guessing it's Jill on the left and Sydney on the right. It's . . . not what I expected. I was thinking it was going to follow VA's color scheme. I'm glad it's not, though, because, I mean, who wants a clone?

Edit 8.31.11
Okay. First, it was March 1, 2012. Then, it was May 7th, 2012. Now it's June 17, 2012. Is anyone else as frustrated with these pushbacks as I am? I get it, I get it, yadda-yadda, Mead had a baby and she needs time with it. But now that he is actually bi
I think I enjoyed this better than the first one!! But Sydney, WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN?!

More thoughts tomorrow! I seem to always finish any book by Richelle Mead at 1 in the morning. I CAN NEVER PUT THEM DOWN.

I loved the first book in this series but this second book is my favorite so far. Adrian is hilarious and also adorable, while Sydney is completely oblivious to everything. I'm glad that Brayden did what he did by the end of the book because he was super BORING. I'm pretty sure everyone ca

I couldn't stop reading no matter how hard I tried! This book just got me hooked right from the beginning. This had way more action than Bloodlines and romance too! SYDNEY AND ADRIAN ARE LIFE. OTP. MY SHIP. WHATEVER. If you have NOT yet read Bloodlines, GO PICK IT UP. This series just seems to get better and better!

Okay. Then some spoilers, thinking and opinions.

Okay, let's get things straight. (view spoiler)
Komal Mikaelson
Prior to finishing this book
Adrian, baby, please don't disappoint me in this one too. Please?

After finishing the book

Oh my god. Oh. My. God.

Initial Reaction after reading

*This reaction was solely due to that bitch Sydney. Don't let that fool you in believing that I didn't like The Golden Lily.*

Ok, so let's get this shit on the road.
What can I say? The book blew me away. Blew. Me. Away. I can't hep but fall in love with Ms Mead. Hats off to you lady.

After been started off with the dis
Originally posted at

Being a nurse, I have pretty easy access to heart monitors. Just for fun, I would've liked to watch my EKG strips while reading The Golden Lily. I'd be willing to bet that I experienced a few runs of preventricular contractions. Not to mention any arterial blood gas test would probably show respiratory acidosis from the amount of pCO2 built up. (Sydney would so appreciate this talk.)

YA Buddy Readers'...: The Golden Lily, by Richelle Mead - Restarting September 12th 2015 35 59 Sep 29, 2015 08:43AM
Fangirls & Fanboys: The Golden Lily (Book Talk) 1 3 Jul 31, 2015 11:20AM
am i the only one who feels the end is killing me? 22 86 Jul 24, 2015 04:07PM
We ♥ YA Books! : The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead 2 23 May 03, 2015 02:34AM
Eddie Looks 5 35 Mar 06, 2015 05:26AM
Eddie? 26 82 Mar 02, 2015 06:00PM
Sydney........or Rose??? 64 333 Feb 08, 2015 06:43PM
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Lenobia's Vow (House of Night Novellas, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.” 1136 likes
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?” 685 likes